PDA

View Full Version : Powerup vs. Upgrade

Stellalune
24th Aug 2010, 23:02
OK, so what's the difference between a health or ammo power-up and an upgrade? It seems like both max out the relevant bar and increase it slightly. :scratch:

GeckoKid
27th Aug 2010, 03:31
i don't think the power ups increases the bars at all...

Stellalune
28th Aug 2010, 14:48
Thanks, GeckoKid, but I tested it (dorkily) by holding a sheet of paper up against the screen at the end of the bar to see what happens. For example, this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtP7wIGOxD4) shows the player obtaining a Health Powerup and the health bar does seem to increase a little. Still not sure if there's a difference.

GeckoKid
26th Sep 2010, 14:39
Sorry I thought you meant the medipacks or something XD

otherwise I don't think there's a difference :)

I'm reading your walkthrough right now, I don't think I could claim full credit to bombing the ball in the first level to speed up destroying the fire trap, as Soul/Nightwish has done this to her speedrun as well.

I'm only reading it as far as Spider's Tomb, and I'd like to point out that you can plant a spear on the NE wall across the first gap, avoiding all the spiders at the same time.

Stellalune
27th Sep 2010, 12:16
Thanks for the tip. That'll be great for the time challenge. And I will credit Nightwish on the fire trap as well. Thanks again. :)