PDA

View Full Version : 360 DLC Code invalid

angryyoungman
24th Aug 2010, 11:43
Hi, a friend was so enthusiastic that we play through this together he suggested we order the European Limited Edition (we're in Australia) so we wouldn't have to decide on which pre-order bonus to go with. It arrived today and the game is working fine, but when I try to activate the DLC code it says it is invalid. Am I region locked out of my premium content, or was I just given a faulty code? The authenticity seal on the side of the case wasn't broken, so I'm assuming I wasn't slipped a second hand copy or something.

Eidos Support
24th Aug 2010, 12:43
how many characters are in the code? Are some characters easily mistaken for other characters such the number zero the letter "O", the number Four and the letter "A" etc

angryyoungman
24th Aug 2010, 15:38
It's a 25 character code, and it doesn't have any characters that could really be easily mistaken for others. No zeroes, Os, fours, As, ones, Is, fives or S.

angryyoungman
25th Aug 2010, 04:27
Is there any way I can get someone to check my code?

Acel
25th Aug 2010, 07:42
Hi, Im from Singapore and I too have the exact same problem with the exclusive DLC codes. I tried entering it on Xbox.com and it says there is a "problem with the download content" when I entered the codes. Please help because I paid more for the limited edition and I am not getting the content I paid for.

Eidos Support
25th Aug 2010, 12:13
It's a 25 character code, and it doesn't have any characters that could really be easily mistaken for others. No zeroes, Os, fours, As, ones, Is, fives or S.

Checking this out just now, we'll get back to you once we know more.

Eidos Support
25th Aug 2010, 12:19
Hi, Im from Singapore and I too have the exact same problem with the exclusive DLC codes. I tried entering it on Xbox.com and it says there is a "problem with the download content" when I entered the codes. Please help because I paid more for the limited edition and I am not getting the content I paid for.

Which country is your Xbox live account set up for? Please note that the Limited Edition version is not available in Asian regions which means it would not be available to download. The EU Limited Edition version of the game would be looking to download the content from the EU servers where it is available.

sethh
26th Aug 2010, 09:27
Hi, a friend was so enthusiastic that we play through this together he suggested we order the European Limited Edition (we're in Australia) so we wouldn't have to decide on which pre-order bonus to go with. It arrived today and the game is working fine, but when I try to activate the DLC code it says it is invalid. Am I region locked out of my premium content, or was I just given a faulty code? The authenticity seal on the side of the case wasn't broken, so I'm assuming I wasn't slipped a second hand copy or something.

I have the exact same issue.

Which country is your Xbox live account set up for? Please note that the Limited Edition version is not available in Asian regions which means it would not be available to download. The EU Limited Edition version of the game would be looking to download the content from the EU servers where it is available.

If I create a EU region Xbox Live account now will I be able to activate the DLC code?

R1 GUPP
30th Aug 2010, 00:47
Hey

I bought the limited edition version. When entering the 25 digit code it keeps saying its invalid. I've reentered it multiple times and am certain im putting it in right. Am I region locked or something? Im from New Zealand and my xbox live account is registered to NZ. I doubt someone guessed the 25digit code but maybe they did? Is there a way to check?

Regards

angryyoungman
30th Aug 2010, 14:24
My friend now has the same issue that I have. Is there any way this will be resolved, or should we be trying to get a refund from the company that sold us content that will not work in our region?

R1 GUPP
30th Aug 2010, 18:24
Igot it to . I'm from nz. So lame

R1 GUPP
1st Sep 2010, 20:21
Bump

ZacE
2nd Sep 2010, 06:00
I bought the Limited Edition from GAME in the UK (online) and I live in Australia. My codes do not work, and of course my first thought was the region lock. But is there any way to get around this? Can I still get the content?

P.S. I order from the UK all the time and my codes have always worked (weird).

ZacE
2nd Sep 2010, 06:04
I have the same issue, I am in Australia. Can someone please respond to this.

Eidos Support
2nd Sep 2010, 07:59
I'm still looking in to this. It does seem to be something related to just Australia and New Zealand but not haven't got anything back on this yet.

Eidos Support
2nd Sep 2010, 08:01
Hey

I bought the limited edition version. When entering the 25 digit code it keeps saying its invalid. I've reentered it multiple times and am certain im putting it in right. Am I region locked or something? Im from New Zealand and my xbox live account is registered to NZ. I doubt someone guessed the 25digit code but maybe they did? Is there a way to check?

Regards

Merged with existing thread, keep it all in here please folks.

stateofmind
3rd Sep 2010, 11:06
I'm also from Australia and have the exact same problem. This is really frustrating and I would really like to find out why the code isn't working.

R1 GUPP
6th Sep 2010, 00:16
Any news on the codes cas this is lame? On a side not, smallest campaign ever

GoombaAssassin
8th Sep 2010, 01:33
I ordered 3 copies of the UK Limited Edition, 1 for myself, 2 for my friends and our codes don't work either. We are from Australia also, and have ordered games which have had DLC codes from the UK in the past which have worked fine, as ZacE stated.

Is there a work around for this yet? I paid extra for this version to get the DLC and I can't access it..can you send out new codes to those affected Eidos? I can PM you our codes to show we do infact have these exclusive content codes.

Please reply Eidos Support.

Eidos Support
8th Sep 2010, 07:49
Could everyone in this thread please confirm if you have bought the native Australian/New Zealand version of the game or have imported the UK/European Limited Edition?

Also, could everyone confirm if they just have Xbox 360's or if this is also happening on PS3/PC?

Thanks.

GoombaAssassin
8th Sep 2010, 09:17
Could everyone in this thread please confirm if you have bought the native Australian/New Zealand version of the game or have imported the UK/European Limited Edition?

Also, could everyone confirm if they just have Xbox 360's or if this is also happening on PS3/PC?

Thanks.

I'll reiterate what everyone has already said in the thread:

angryyoungman: 2 x Euro Limited Edition for xbox 360.
sethh: Same as angryyoungman (Euro Limited Edition for xbox 360)
ZacE: Limited Edition from UK for xbox 360.
stateofmind: exact same problem as angryyoungman (Euro Limited Edition for xbox 360)
R1 GUPP: Limited Edition for Xbox 360 (unknown if Euro, but I'm almost certain the Limited Edition is Euro only)
Acel: as above.
GoombaAssassin: 3 x Euro Limited Edition for xbox 360

That's 7 of us, totaling 10 copies of the game with the same problem for same system.

Is there anything that can be done?

Eidos Support
9th Sep 2010, 12:26
It's being looked in to at present to see what, if anything, can be done.

Please bear in mind that the UK/EU Limited edition was not intended for use in the Australian/New Zealand region and is not actually available for sale in this region. Due to this, it is not available on the Xbox marketplace, which is why these codes wont redeem.

Once we know more we will post here with any updates.

Eidos Support
9th Sep 2010, 13:01
Since my last post I have learned that the European Limited Edition content has been resubmitted to the Xbox Marketplace to be available for all regions. This doesn't appear to be in place yet, and unfortunately I can't give a timeframe, but it is in the pipeline and should be available soon. Please bear in mind that this could take days to go through rather than hours.

If anyone finds they are able to redeem their code now, posting here to let others know would be greatly appreciated.

PsyEd
21st Sep 2010, 09:15
Hi Support.

I am also in aus....get my games from UK. I got 3x copy of limited edition and all dud for the bonus content. So please do something.

Eidos Support
24th Sep 2010, 07:48
Checking up on this, will update when I know more.

Eidos Support
27th Sep 2010, 15:47
Ok, I've been told it should be by around 9am tomorrow (BST), around 6pm in Australia/New Zealand. Please post if it's not or contact us through the UK email address on the worldmap (see the link in the signature).

ZacE
1st Oct 2010, 12:10
I can confirm that it is 100% working now. Thanks.