PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Square Enix

sonicr9
24th Aug 2010, 09:22
Does anyone have any contact details for Square Enix Europe?

I would like to ask them just what in the heck they were playing at in putting stupid Avatar Awards in Guardian Of Light.

I couldn't believe it last night when I finished the game and it came up that I had unlocked 2 Avatar Awards.

I instantly went into "Memory Manager" on my 360 and deleted them but then I pressed the big silver X button on my 360 went to "awards" and they are still there.

So am I stuck with them polluting my 360?

I am not happy about all the Avatar garbage that came with the game. They didn't give us any gamer pics or themes but plenty of garbage for the Avatars.

Nemesis296
24th Aug 2010, 12:14
My guess is that you deleted them from your hard drive, but they are still accessible from your LIVE account. What's wrong with avatar stuff? If you don't use it, don't use it. It takes up about 2 KB of hard drive space, not sure what you're so worried about...:confused:

sonicr9
24th Aug 2010, 12:35
I did delete them from my HDD.

I want them deleted from this: Press the guide button (The big silver button on the control pad) scroll left to where it says Achievements and underneath that Awards.

I want to know how to delete that! I do not want anything under that "Awards" thing.

Whats wrong with Avatar stuff! I'll tell you whats wrong with them, EVERYTHING is wrong with them.

The ugly grotesque hideous badly designed Avatars were forced upon us by M$ as just another way to rip us off. We never asked for them they were forced upon us. The could have made them a DLC an optional extra like it is on PSN but no they were forced on us with no option to delete.

It turned the 360 into a kiddie console.

_Love2Raid_
24th Aug 2010, 13:03
I think you should just delete your XBOX and start gaming on a PC.

Nemesis296
24th Aug 2010, 14:39
I did delete them from my HDD.

I want them deleted from this: Press the guide button (The big silver button on the control pad) scroll left to where it says Achievements and underneath that Awards.

I want to know how to delete that! I do not want anything under that "Awards" thing.

Whats wrong with Avatar stuff! I'll tell you whats wrong with them, EVERYTHING is wrong with them.

The ugly grotesque hideous badly designed Avatars were forced upon us by M$ as just another way to rip us off. We never asked for them they were forced upon us. The could have made them a DLC an optional extra like it is on PSN but no they were forced on us with no option to delete.

It turned the 360 into a kiddie console.

That's like asking "How do I remove achievements?" It can't be done son. Like Love2Raid said, you might as well get rid of your XBOX if you really can't handle it that much. You're not even required to MAKE an Avatar for cryin out loud. I think you're just blowing this out of proportion. If you don't like the system; don't play it. It's simple as that.

By the way, can you show me where avatars are "forced upon us [...] as just another way to rip us off"? I have an avatar, but I don't customize it and I don't waste my money on the extras that are offered. I just leave it alone and go on with my life. I think you should do the same. This has nothing to do with Square Enix either; M$ probably paid them to create some avatar content. I guess I don't understand why you're so upset about AVATARS. :rolleyes:

josh1122
24th Aug 2010, 15:53
Good lord,someone needs a pill or something. O.o

bedazzled
24th Aug 2010, 16:16
I think you should just delete your XBOX and start gaming on a PC.

:lol:

mushroom079
25th Aug 2010, 08:11
Wow - seriously. Do you have like a memory card for the saved game file or something?
Gez.

Buy a bigger hard drive - prob solved.

GoranAgar
25th Aug 2010, 08:46
That is probably something more related to the XBox 360 itself. You should contact the XBox 360 support.

aussie500
26th Aug 2010, 13:42
Does anyone have any contact details for Square Enix Europe?

I would like to ask them just what in the heck they were playing at in putting stupid Avatar Awards in Guardian Of Light.

I couldn't believe it last night when I finished the game and it came up that I had unlocked 2 Avatar Awards.

I instantly went into "Memory Manager" on my 360 and deleted them but then I pressed the big silver X button on my 360 went to "awards" and they are still there.

So am I stuck with them polluting my 360?

I am not happy about all the Avatar garbage that came with the game. They didn't give us any gamer pics or themes but plenty of garbage for the Avatars.

Well since you are obviosly playing an the Xbox 360 and at least liked the game enough to buy it, why would you not like a free avatar based on the characters in GOL? They are hardly some virulent virus or something, infecting your Xbox 360, everyone has avatar files and these ones probably came with the game, so you cannot complain about the tiny amount of space they would take up. Why complain, no one is forcing you to use the GOL avatar you unlocked, just go use whatever one you are already using.

sonicr9
26th Aug 2010, 14:18
Well since you are obviosly playing an the Xbox 360 and at least liked the game enough to buy it, why would you not like a free avatar based on the characters in GOL? They are hardly some virulent virus or something, infecting your Xbox 360, everyone has avatar files and these ones probably came with the game, so you cannot complain about the tiny amount of space they would take up. Why complain, no one is forcing you to use the GOL avatar you unlocked, just go use whatever one you are already using.

Aussie500 I do not have anything to do with these ugly grotesque hideous rip-off wastes of space. I have no time for these monstrosities. I was forced to pick one for my GT did so then did nothing. It is still in the white t-shirt and jeans it came with.

People who who spend time dressing them up or wasting money on them are just total losers.

Thank goodness you can still use gamerpics or I really would have ditched the 360.

What I wanted deleted was this: PRESS SILVER BUTTON, SCROLL LEFT, YOU SHOULD SEE "ACHIEVEMENTS" "AWARDS". I want to see if you can delete and empty that.

I discovered 1 award was a new costume for Lara herself and 1 was for the Avatar which has been deleted.

Aussie500 believe me I would rather have a rampaging virus or trojan on my 360 any day than Avatar garbage.

mushroom079
27th Aug 2010, 09:43
Does some one need a hug?