PDA

View Full Version : Gifting Xbox Games?

Katie_Fleming
23rd Aug 2010, 18:46
Hey guys,

Is it possible to gift an Xbox game for someone in another country? I play on PC so I know nothing about Xbox Live.

Danielsun_
23rd Aug 2010, 19:37
When you say gift what do you mean? Wrap it up and post it like a present or something else?

Xbox games don't need to be installed as long as they have an xbox and can understand the language (if it has more than one) then there is no problem :)

Katie_Fleming
23rd Aug 2010, 19:41
Hehe no, sending it online - so giving them points to buy, or buying the game and sending to their account. Like Steam...

I do know points in Canada don't work in the US and vice versa so I wasn't sure how I could actually do this.

BlueSkiesXXV
23rd Aug 2010, 21:15
Hi Katie,

Visit Amazon & search for Xbox Live Points Card & you will find what you seek :)

Katie_Fleming
23rd Aug 2010, 22:09
Hey, thanks :) I tried this already and it wouldn't let me through with the transaction. Ah well, so much for buying a friend GOL :cool:

Xbox needs to learn from Steam :P

ThePunkVampire
23rd Aug 2010, 23:04
??????? no idea what we talking about here...... :D

BlueSkiesXXV
24th Aug 2010, 11:19
Hi Katie, I have just checked and there are many reputable eBay sellers that sell these cards.

Katie_Fleming
24th Aug 2010, 13:58
I didn't even think of eBay - thanks! I'll do that :)

TF.Denis
22nd Sep 2010, 16:04
we in psn doing something that we calling gameshare..giving to buddies our mail and password to let em download the games we have to their consoles..idk about xbox but i think something like gameshare is possible

Katie_Fleming
22nd Sep 2010, 16:07
Thanks, but I'm on PC :) Turns out he bought it for himself anyway so doesn't matter now. Certainly would be nice if they incorporated gifting like Steam has!