PDA

View Full Version : DeusExZone

Jah
23rd Aug 2010, 18:33
Hello Friends of DX ;)

I know commericals are usually forbidden in boards like this, but as it is a part of the community I would like to announce the re-launch of the DeusExZone (German DX Machina) the former biggest German Deus Ex Community.
Now available under new URL http://www.deusexzone.net

We are proud of the new DX:HR and cannot wait for its release. For anybody who would like to share information, get the newest information about DX:HR in German and like to discuss about former DX titles and the latest is welcome to the Deus Ex Zone.

Looking forward for the new DX:HR!

CU soon! (wether here or on our German DX Community)

Best regards,
Jah
(Moderator DXZ.net)

Pinky_Powers
23rd Aug 2010, 19:23
Why are you advertising for a German website in English?

Angel-A
23rd Aug 2010, 19:48
I would presume it is because
1) This board is English speakers.
2) Google webpage translator exists so non-speakers can read sites like those. I use it whenever I'm on a non-English site.

DeusWhatever
23rd Aug 2010, 20:03
2) Google webpage translator exists so non-speakers can read sites like those.

Well, have you ever tried the google translator? :rolleyes:

Pinky_Powers
23rd Aug 2010, 21:11
I would presume it is because
1) This board is English speakers.
2) Google webpage translator exists so non-speakers can read sites like those.

I'll leave you to have all the fun you want messing around with those translators. Meanwhile I'm going to drink deep some strong Belgian ale and watch yesterday's Leverage.

Irate_Iguana
23rd Aug 2010, 21:36
Probably a few Germans here. Guessing that most of the Dutch can also read and write German.

SageSavage
23rd Aug 2010, 21:46
Well, I am part of said German DX-community myself and I think the reason for Jah posting the link is that the DXZ went on hiatus for a while (for technical reasons and also because of decreasing interest after all those years) and a number of former DXZ-forumites either switched to the few remaining international boards like OTP and this one or they simply 'retired'. Now, with DXHR on the horizon, they might be interested in joining a native language board again since the site has recently been relaunched.

WildcatPhoenix
23rd Aug 2010, 21:57

Ever considered the possibility, Pinky, that quite a few of us here might actually be able to speak German?

Gott sei dammt, du bist unhöflich! ****

Pinky_Powers
24th Aug 2010, 00:18
Ever considered the possibility, Pinky, that quite a few of us here might actually be able to speak German?

I've known for some time that it's not merely a possibility, but cold hard fact. That's why I asked the question.

Don't tell me your own English is so poor you don't understand me. :eek:

WildcatPhoenix
24th Aug 2010, 00:39
I've known for some time that it's not merely a possibility, but cold hard fact. That's why I asked the question.

Don't tell me your own English is so poor you don't understand me. :eek:

You can be a complete and total jack(a)ss, Pinky. I'm a native English speaker. It doesn't mean I don't speak other languages, or have interest in checking out well-established sites from other countries. Russia, Germany, The Netherlands, and others have been keeping the DX community alive and well for years now.

So don't bash this guy just because he wants to spread the word.

Pinky_Powers
24th Aug 2010, 00:59
You can be a complete and total jack(a)ss, Pinky. I'm a native English speaker. It doesn't mean I don't speak other languages, or have interest in checking out well-established sites from other countries. Russia, Germany, The Netherlands, and others have been keeping the DX community alive and well for years now.

So don't bash this guy just because he wants to spread the word.

I never said I had any problem with him telling us about his Deus Ex site, nor that there should be people here who are interested.

JCpies
24th Aug 2010, 17:43
well, have you ever tried the google translator? :rolleyes:

nein nein nein nein nein!!

Pinky_Powers
24th Aug 2010, 22:19
nein nein nein nein nein!!

Isn't that a quote from Inglorious Bastards?

Though I don't know what 45 has to do with anything.