PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - Game Hard Locks during Co-Op mode

jaya12
23rd Aug 2010, 17:51
Co-Op Hard Lock:

The game hard locks intermittantly during split-screen co-op mode.
This has occured a number of times on the Deal chapter as well as later chapters.

I've posted this in the PS3 technical thread already but thought it best to create a new thread in the hope that someone at Eidos acknowledges the issue and actually provides some customer support!

What's the point in a forum for technical issues if no one is responding to them! *sigh*

pochola16
24th Aug 2010, 09:51
I am having the same issue.

Nick@IO
24th Aug 2010, 13:57
You guys have any more details on this? Immediate solution is obviously to reboot, though it's clearly not a viable long-term solution. Does it happen every time or only sometimes? Are you using a particular weapon, for instance? Any info is helpful.

cheers

jaya12
24th Aug 2010, 15:47
Reproduction Rate is: Intermittent (approx. once or twice a 2-3 hour session)

Weapons on "The Deal":
(P1) Assault rifles and Rifle (unscoped)
(P2) Assault rifles and shotgun.
No real specifics with the weapons, we just used what the enemies dropped.

The hard lock happened consistantly on "The Deal" chapter during split-screen co-op.
I thought it may have been some kind of memory leak or similar but after rebooting the console and replaying the chapter it crashed again around 3/4 of the way through that particular chapter; so it doesn't appear to be down to the length of time you've been playing the game.

It has also crashed on chapter 10; just after you defeat the wave of special ops guys, after entering the executive floor.

On the whole it appears to happen nearer the end of the chapters rather than at the beginning.

PS3 FW Version: 3.41
PS3 Model: CECH-2103B

If you need anymore info then let me know :)

Nick@IO
25th Aug 2010, 09:47
Reproduction Rate is: Intermittent (approx. once or twice a 2-3 hour session)

Weapons on "The Deal":
(P1) Assault rifles and Rifle (unscoped)
(P2) Assault rifles and shotgun.
No real specifics with the weapons, we just used what the enemies dropped.

The hard lock happened consistantly on "The Deal" chapter during split-screen co-op.
I thought it may have been some kind of memory leak or similar but after rebooting the console and replaying the chapter it crashed again around 3/4 of the way through that particular chapter; so it doesn't appear to be down to the length of time you've been playing the game.

It has also crashed on chapter 10; just after you defeat the wave of special ops guys, after entering the executive floor.

On the whole it appears to happen nearer the end of the chapters rather than at the beginning.

PS3 FW Version: 3.41
PS3 Model: CECH-2103B

If you need anymore info then let me know :)

Thanks. Passing this off to QA now.