PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect ****s over Deus Ex series

Overl0rd
22nd Aug 2010, 21:12
Look at the last Deus Ex HR gameplay trailer. How come technology suddenly jumps a step BACKWARD? ME2 has better graphics. But what was breaking the atmosphere for me most so far were the yellow-colour-filter.

The ME series are definitely better, but in terms of characters I would have preferred quality over quantity.

Kodaemon
22nd Aug 2010, 21:23
cool story bro

Ashpolt
22nd Aug 2010, 21:32
brool story cro

xsamitt
22nd Aug 2010, 21:54
Lockdown

Khaeru
22nd Aug 2010, 22:01
Look at the last Deus Ex HR gameplay trailer. How come technology suddenly jumps a step BACKWARD? ME2 has better graphics. But what was breaking the atmosphere for me most so far were the yellow-colour-filter.

The ME series are definitely better, but in terms of characters I would have preferred quality over quantity.

DEHR experience will be the same on all platforms, even if that doest sounds good for pc gamers. W8 until the game comes out...

mad825
22nd Aug 2010, 22:20
Lurker strikes back.
well the last DXHR game play trailer told us squat as it was more of a promo trailer, wait for it to come out (or at least a demo for the public) then judge.
anyways....
http://1.2.3.9/bmi/i168.photobucket.com/albums/u161/Revan9218/cool_story_bro.jpg

Fluffis
22nd Aug 2010, 22:33
Stool crory bo

K^2
22nd Aug 2010, 22:54
Look at the last Deus Ex HR gameplay trailer. How come technology suddenly jumps a step BACKWARD? ME2 has better graphics.
Look, if you don't understand anything about rendering engines, just be quiet.

ME2 had to do what, render a corridor you were following? Yeah. That's taking a lot out of the engine. :rolleyes:

Deus Ex is inherently non-linear. That means, you cannot simply stick a bunch of detail along the path taken by player, and leave everything else as a painted backdrop, which is exactly how ME2 achieves its "high quality" look.

And if graphics are more important to you than the ability to choose your own path through the level, I suggest you go watch movies, and leave gaming to people who actually appreciate it.

Rindill the Red
22nd Aug 2010, 23:15
solo robot cry

pha
23rd Aug 2010, 00:18
Crotch Bros.

Angel-A
23rd Aug 2010, 01:44
Oh, look, it's this ****, again. Then again, it is so entertaining to see trolls wasting their life...

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x229/animekitsune/inb4lock.jpg

hem dazon 90
23rd Aug 2010, 01:48
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm111/rollo_tomassi7/ibtl.gif

imported_D_X
23rd Aug 2010, 02:35
quick before lock down...crotchless pants:scratch:

Sabretooth1
23rd Aug 2010, 03:17
It's amusing how you can get mods to lock down a thread by just inciting everyone to ask the thread to be locked.

Pinky_Powers
23rd Aug 2010, 03:35
Look, if you don't understand anything about rendering engines, just be quiet.

ME2 had to do what, render a corridor you were following? Yeah. That's taking a lot out of the engine. :rolleyes:

Deus Ex is inherently non-linear. That means, you cannot simply stick a bunch of detail along the path taken by player, and leave everything else as a painted backdrop, which is exactly how ME2 achieves its "high quality" look.

And if graphics are more important to you than the ability to choose your own path through the level, I suggest you go watch movies, and leave gaming to people who actually appreciate it.

This argument doesn't hold much water if you switch Mass Effect 2 with Crysis. Because Crysis is wide-open environments that allow you to make your own path. And it looks amazing.

That said, I don't agree with the OP one bit. Cause personally, I think Human Revolution looks great.

beastrn
23rd Aug 2010, 03:47
Crysis is also a PC game. ME2 is a console game.

If you were referring to Crysis 2, then no. It's not a wide open path game. Crysis 2 is a corridor shooter as well.

As for the OPT. Yes, Mass Effect did **** over DXHR. Due to dumbed down 'accessiRPG' games like ME being successful, DXHR has been dumbed down too to appeal to the same dumb audience. ****ed over.

K^2
23rd Aug 2010, 03:51
This argument doesn't hold much water if you switch Mass Effect 2 with Crysis.
How well does Crysis run on XBox 360 and PS3? Oh, wait, that's right. It doesn't. These hunks of outdated junk (hardware-wise) can't run anything like that. So comparing HR to a PC-exclusive is a bit unfair.

How many open-environment games on PS3 and 360 can you name that look significantly better than HR? A few that are comparable, for sure, but I can't think of any that are certainly, no-argument better. Definitely nothing that'd make HR look bad.

ZakKa89
23rd Aug 2010, 05:11
Without Deus Ex there would be no Mass EFfect. 'Nuff said.

Mass Effect has lots of deus ex gameplay

Rindill the Red
23rd Aug 2010, 05:46
Without Deus Ex there would be no Mass EFfect. 'Nuff said.

Mass Effect has lots of deus ex gameplay

Mass Effect is like the bastard offspring of Deus Ex that comes back to murder it and **** it's mother.

Danjun
23rd Aug 2010, 06:33
Actually, don't panic yet either. This was like a demo-showing to the guys at Screwattack.. They leaked the footage.. so like.. Eidos was clever to release the exact same stuff on the leak, pretty clever I think.

So basically it was the footage from demo, aint it?

mad825
23rd Aug 2010, 06:38
yea, all of it was from the demo and I bet the next trailer will also be from the second demo shown at Gamecon

side note:Square Enix were the ones who released the trailer

Senka
23rd Aug 2010, 06:43
ME2 is a console game.

Funny that I managed to play it then, considering I don't own any consoles.

Black Magic? (The best kind of magic)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Aug 2010, 08:17
The end.