PDA

View Full Version : Control Issues (single player)

brat352
21st Aug 2010, 14:38
Can someone point me in the direction as to which controls do what? How do I switch to guns? I'm only using the spear cause I can't figure out how to switch to other weapons. Though I do know about bombs. Very confused as there doesn't seem to be a help function or directions on the XBox.

HELP please!

Stellalune
21st Aug 2010, 15:18
Hi, brat. There is a controller map in the “Help and Options” section of the menu if you need it.

Basically, there are 2 ways to swap weapons, but first you need to equip them in the inventory screen. Press the Back button to go to inventory. Use the bumpers to turn "pages" to switch between the level map, objectives screen and inventory screen. On the inventory screen, left stick over to the weapons section, select one of the four slots and press A, then choose the weapon you want to place in that slot. You'll only have the pistols and spear at first, but you'll find more secondary weapons as you go along.

To switch among the four weapons you've placed in those slots, use the D-Pad. Or hold LT to bring up a little menu with the 4 equipped weapons assigned to the X, Y, B and A buttons. Then just press the button for the weapon you want. Whichever works better for you.

brat352
21st Aug 2010, 23:14
As always Stella - YOU ARE A GODDESS OF TR!

Thanks so much!:flowers:

Stellalune
21st Aug 2010, 23:22
You're very welcome. I'm no expert at this game yet, but I'm learning as I go along. Sure is lots of fun! :D

LARALOVERnr1
25th Aug 2010, 07:19
The only problem I have with the controls, is he controls when rolling a boulder. I've got no idea how that works and i just keep spinning and going in the wrong direction...

_Love2Raid_
25th Aug 2010, 12:00
The only problem I have with the controls, is he controls when rolling a boulder. I've got no idea how that works and i just keep spinning and going in the wrong direction...
The idea is, that you are moving Lara, not the boulder. So if you move Lara to the right, she will push the boulder the other way, to the left. :)

Superchef
28th Jul 2012, 14:25
Hi, brat. There is a controller map in the “Help and Options” section of the menu if you need it.

Basically, there are 2 ways to swap weapons, but first you need to equip them in the inventory screen. Press the Back button to go to inventory. Use the bumpers to turn "pages" to switch between the level map, objectives screen and inventory screen. On the inventory screen, left stick over to the weapons section, select one of the four slots and press A, then choose the weapon you want to place in that slot. You'll only have the pistols and spear at first, but you'll find more secondary weapons as you go along.

To switch among the four weapons you've placed in those slots, use the D-Pad. Or hold LT to bring up a little menu with the 4 equipped weapons assigned to the X, Y, B and A buttons. Then just press the button for the weapon you want. Whichever works better for you.
On the subject of controls, I am using a PC and use the direction keys on the keyboard to get around, however, due to the orientation of the game, the up arrow (forward) is diagonal to the left and to go in the up (forward) direction I have to use the up and left keys together which is not a problem. The problem arises when i want to do anything else like jump or throw because it doesn't allow me to do so when I press two keys together.

Stellalune
28th Jul 2012, 15:28
On the subject of controls, I am using a PC and use the direction keys on the keyboard to get around, however, due to the orientation of the game, the up arrow (forward) is diagonal to the left and to go in the up (forward) direction I have to use the up and left keys together which is not a problem. The problem arises when i want to do anything else like jump or throw because it doesn't allow me to do so when I press two keys together.
Indeed. I found the keyboard controls a little too awkward for just the reasons you describe. I use an Xbox 360 controller. They make an "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" but Windows 7 easily recognizes and downloads drivers for the regular Xbox 360 controller, which for some reason (I suspect marketing rather than quality) is much cheaper.

FWIW, I always use a keyboard with TR 1 through AOD but much prefer the Xbox controller for the Crystal Dynamics games.

Dianef5708
4th Mar 2013, 20:05
having trouble at Forgotton Gate - After I get 6th ball and beat the ogres in the pit... gates do not open... was I not supposed to use bombs to kill some creatures... all are gone and now running in circles have restarted once and same thing happened.