PDA

View Full Version : 360 - DLC not working

ArgoRusty
20th Aug 2010, 18:23
My pre-order copy from - Gamestation came today (Limited Edition)
I proceeded to enter my redeem code and it download fine.. I go to play multiplayer and find I cannot access any of the exclusive unlocked weapons that came with it aswell as maps.

Just says - Need downloadable content.. which I have.

Is there an issue with the Exclusive content for the limited edition version? I'm pretty annoyed at this..

Flintymania
20th Aug 2010, 22:15
I seem to be having the same problem I downloaded the DLC twice and the masks aren't showing up (do I have to select them?) plus the some of the guns aren't even there.

ArgoRusty
20th Aug 2010, 22:31
I seem to be having the same problem I downloaded the DLC twice and the masks aren't showing up (do I have to select them?) plus the some of the guns aren't even there.

Masks you can enable them from the Options on the Main Menu.

Seems I got the Radio Tower map.. now all am missing is the weapons which were supposed to be included. I hope this gets fixed and those who bought the Limited Edition get what they paid for.

Masta Saint
21st Aug 2010, 19:41
exactly the same problem , not fusses about the masks and that seeing as they are random which is annoying, all i want is the weapons! how do we get them?!

JackGordon
21st Aug 2010, 20:40
In that case, I'd better leave that download code alone when my copy arrives until I am 100% guaranteed to get what I paid for.

EDIT: I was peeking around on the gamespot forums where someone also didn't have access to his unlock weapons. Someone responded with this and it worked for the guy: "try going into your account settings....download history..... and redownload it to the console your on."

Let us know if it worked out, please.

ArgoRusty
22nd Aug 2010, 19:02
exactly the same problem , not fusses about the masks and that seeing as they are random which is annoying, all i want is the weapons! how do we get them?!

Yeah random masks is stupid.. I just want to play with the skull mask but I get shafted with the fat orange one everytime. I hope they realise their DLC problem for the Limited Edition.. needs to be fixed.

ArgoRusty
22nd Aug 2010, 19:06
In that case, I'd better leave that download code alone when my copy arrives until I am 100% guaranteed to get what I paid for.

EDIT: I was peeking around on the gamespot forums where someone also didn't have access to his unlock weapons. Someone responded with this and it worked for the guy: "try going into your account settings....download history..... and redownload it to the console your on."

Let us know if it worked out, please.

Re-downloaded 4 times now.. doesn't work.

JackGordon
22nd Aug 2010, 19:14
That sucks... Hope they fix this asap.

ArgoRusty
22nd Aug 2010, 21:17
That sucks... Hope they fix this asap.

Yeah you pay extra to get the exclusive stuff and it doesn't even give you it all.

Nick@IO
23rd Aug 2010, 08:08
Hi guys

We're investigating what the issue might be right now. Will let you know what happens.

Nick

Nick@IO
23rd Aug 2010, 14:08
Did you all quit and restart the game after downloading the content? Our QA department did some additional testing and it seems to work fine if you restarted the console.

Eidos Support
23rd Aug 2010, 14:33
Can someone list the Maps and Weapons you can access?

Edit - Also, please let us know which region you bought the game from, which preorder deal and which retailer. eg US version, limited edition, Gamestop or EU version, limited edition, play.com etc

Thanks.

Flintymania
23rd Aug 2010, 15:01
I bought the regular limited edition which is sold all over the UK (so PAL version) the DLC is working now but that was after downloading it 3 times :S

Can someone tell me why sometimes the mask are worn and sometimes not? (of course I know you don't wear then as police, duh!)

ArgoRusty
23rd Aug 2010, 17:07

Edit - Also, please let us know which region you bought the game from, which preorder deal and which retailer. eg US version, limited edition, Gamestop or EU version, limited edition, play.com etc

Thanks.

Bought game from within the UK from retailer - Gamestation.co.uk - Limited Edition
I can access the Radio tower map and the masks, I do not have access to the Scar-H (it's the gold looking gun) the shotgun, AK47 and the other machinegun which looks like a UMP45. I do have access to the silenced MAC-10, and the other 2 silenced pistols though.

KGBeast
23rd Aug 2010, 19:54

Thanks.

I bought the game from gamestop and got the pre-order map and weapons on PC (aka Greed betrayal and revenge pack) and none of those work. I've tried re-installing the game twice and nothing, it says I have the DLC when I right click on my game and click view downloadable content.

Nick@IO
24th Aug 2010, 12:41
One of our guys from QA made this quick FAQ:

For all DLC
1. Ensure the console is connected to Xbox LIVE.
2. Press the 'Xbox Guide' button.
3. Go to 'Marketplace' then select 'Redeem Code'.
4. Enter your code.
5. Download your content.
6. If the game is running as you do this; reboot the game.

Masks
To enable player masks in Arcade Mode and FA:
1. From the main menu, select 'Options'.
2. Select 'Game'.
3. Select 'Criminal Masks' and toggle this to 'Enabled'.
4. Press 'A' to confirm.
5. press 'B' to exit.

Note that the mask will be randomly displayed for each session.

Weapons
DLC weapons are unlocked and activated automatically after installing the DLC, yet they will still need to be bought from the Arcade Mode or Multiplayer mid round shops.
No specific Criminal Rank is required for the DLC weapons.

Maps
Should be unlocked automatically. The quickest way to confirm this is to scroll through them in 'Arcade Mode'.

ArgoRusty
24th Aug 2010, 13:30
Oh and how the hell are the people who already used their redeem code supposed to follow that FAQ?

I've tried downloading the DLC over 10 times restarting the game and going back but it never works, so you going to supply me with a new code so I can try that? Probaly not.

Eidos Support
24th Aug 2010, 13:36
I bought the game from gamestop and got the pre-order map and weapons on PC (aka Greed betrayal and revenge pack) and none of those work. I've tried re-installing the game twice and nothing, it says I have the DLC when I right click on my game and click view downloadable content.

In that pack you get access to the Radio Tower Map and 3 weapons; The Doretta Silenced, Steele 870 and TOQ SBR. Do these 3 state that DLC is required?

pochola16
24th Aug 2010, 19:00

Thanks.

I bought limited edition with preorder in Spain on GAME.

ArgoRusty
24th Aug 2010, 21:19
Ok this is straight from Gamestation website -

Exclusive Multiplaye rmap - Radio Tower - Unlocked

7 Confiscated exlusive weapons to choose from -
TQR Elite - Not Unlocked
TQR SBR - Not Unlocked
Steele 870 - Not Unlocked
Kaliningrad 47 - Not Unlocked
PAC 10 Silenced - Unlocked
Doretta Silenced - Unlocked
N770 Silenced - Unlocked

8 Exclusive masks - Unlocked

As you see am missing 4 weapons from the 7, I should have got.
Now it ALSO mentions that these exclusive weapons can be found in various levels.. does that mean I have to find them for them to be unlocked? Even though I've completed the game twice and still haven't got these, or maybe I need to pick them up?

HongChongPhooey
25th Aug 2010, 19:39
I purchased the game from play.com here:
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/9976015/Kane-Lynch-2-Dog-Days-Limited-Edition/Product.html

It states that this limited edition contains: 1 map, 7 guns, 8 masks
I am rank 4 now so there may be some guns I have unlocked normally and stuff so not sure which is dlc and what's not exactly
I have the map, the masks and some guns it seems but i DO NOT have:

DD 33 (Requires downloadable content)
KL Viper (Requires downloadable content)
RTS (Requires downloadable content)
SMi 69 (Requires downloadable content)
TOQ Model Four S (Requires downloadable content)

Is this right?

EDIT

looking at the back cover I think maybe I have 7 guns already :$

JackGordon
26th Aug 2010, 12:55
Just redeemed my code, played with the purple gun on Radio Tower and wore a mask. Fun!
However, the following weapons still require DLC because they were not included in the PAL limited edition, correct?

DD3 pistol
RTS shotgun
SMI 69 submachine gun

HongChongPhooey
26th Aug 2010, 22:12
Just redeemed my code, played with the purple gun on Radio Tower and wore a mask. Fun!
However, the following weapons still require DLC because they were not included in the PAL limited edition, correct?

DD3 pistol
RTS shotgun
SMI 69 submachine gun

plus the

if you go to handguns and submachine guns n scroll down there is more in each

JackGordon
26th Aug 2010, 23:30
Oh ok, I didn't know that. Thanks.

I will not pay for a key to unlock the weapons, though. At the very least pack 'em together with a map pack or something... Money grubbing whores.

Eidos Support
27th Aug 2010, 13:25
Ok this is straight from Gamestation website -

Exclusive Multiplaye rmap - Radio Tower - Unlocked

7 Confiscated exlusive weapons to choose from -
TQR Elite - Not Unlocked
TQR SBR - Not Unlocked
Steele 870 - Not Unlocked
Kaliningrad 47 - Not Unlocked
PAC 10 Silenced - Unlocked
Doretta Silenced - Unlocked
N770 Silenced - Unlocked

8 Exclusive masks - Unlocked

As you see am missing 4 weapons from the 7, I should have got.
Now it ALSO mentions that these exclusive weapons can be found in various levels.. does that mean I have to find them for them to be unlocked? Even though I've completed the game twice and still haven't got these, or maybe I need to pick them up?

All DLC content is for multiplayer or Arcade mode. You do not get access to these weapons, maps or masks anywhere else.

Once you have played 1 round of multiplayer or arcade, you get the option to purchase weapons. You will find the weapons here.

Eidos Support
27th Aug 2010, 13:44
DD 33 (Requires downloadable content)
RTS (Requires downloadable content)
SMi 69 (Requires downloadable content)

This is not part of the Limited Edition content but rather part of DLC which will be available in the future.

Some of the Limited Edition weapons have Rank Requirements on them meaning you cannot use them until you reach a certain rank. The ranking system runs from Rank 8 to Rank 1.

JackGordon
27th Aug 2010, 14:36
This is not part of the Limited Edition content but rather part of DLC which will be available in the future.
Let's be honest here and call it what it is: ULC. Not DLC.

HongChongPhooey
28th Aug 2010, 19:30
Let's be honest here and call it what it is: ULC. Not DLC.

this is true! it's a shame it's gonna cost as well :(

that's cool i wasn't sure if they were meant to be locked or not, least we know what is in the weapons dlc now!

ArgoRusty
3rd Sep 2010, 14:34
All DLC content is for multiplayer or Arcade mode. You do not get access to these weapons, maps or masks anywhere else.

Once you have played 1 round of multiplayer or arcade, you get the option to purchase weapons. You will find the weapons here.

Yes am talking about MP.. I have played well more than 1 ROUND and yet these still say "Requires DL Content". Anyway doesn't matter about this now I took the game back, 1st was much better. Overall this game was a major letdown on so many levels.