PDA

View Full Version : A conspiracy.

Rindill the Red
20th Aug 2010, 02:23
So, I was pondering today over the many mistakes that Eidos Montreal is making with this game, and how it is veering towards death and destruction, and I realized that for the sake of Deus Ex, and for the sake of gaming in general, I MUST attempt to fix these problems and help to guide DX:HR along the path of salvation.

But how do I do this? I am just one man, one small insignificant being.

In order to affect this change I must gain power. For with power will I have control and with control the ability to right the wrongs in DX:HR for the natural and forthright order.

If there is one thing I learned from Deus Ex, it's that if you want to gain power the first step is to form a conspiracy.

I thought to myself, "Where shall I find such good and righteous men to aid me in my quest to save the Deus Ex franchise?"

And the answer was obvious... the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forums; where never before or after will mankind find a more wretched hive of video game connoisseurs with the intelligence and pathetic video-game-centric lives to aid in my effort.

I then thought to myself, "But... how will I keep this conspiracy secret from the very people we must gain control of?"

And again the answer was obvious... the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forums; for there is no other place the members of the DX:HR EM team will be less likely to ever visit.

And so, I call upon you, my brethren, my comrades in hope, WE MUST SAVE DEUS EX!

Okay...

The first order of business is to assign roles and structure our secret organization.

For now I nominate myself interim Great High Dragon Head, codenamed, Helios.

We will also need two temporary lieutenants... codenamed Daedalus and Icarus.

Further positions can be created and filled as need arises: but will most likely include codename Jacobson, a technical expert, codename Jaime, a medical expert, codename Hermann, a military operations expert, and codename Navarre, an espionage expert.

Obviously, following initial recruitment, we will need to revert to even more secret and untraceable forms of communication, and hopefully move to a cell structure to insulate and protect our organization through redundancies.
We will also need to develop levels of security and classification, as our main members recruit more lower level soldiers.

Also of great necessity will be the formulation, design, and execution of secret plans meant to give creative control of DX:HR to us, the secret DX:HR forum conspiracy.

Oh yeah, we need a name too, I can't think of a good one right now... so lets nominate some and vote on it later.

After our formation we should leak information about our organization to existing conspiracy nuts, therefore invalidating any serious investigation into our existance.

I'm not entirely sure what our plans will be, but here are some ideas I'll throw out because I think it would be best if we just started out with a brainstorming session and write everything down (no matter how ridiculous or unfeasible), just to get our creative juices flowing.

I was thinking we could create a real or illusory video game press medium: a magazine, a website, a series of radio shorts, a tv series, a silent film, whatever.

This would give the conspiracy direct access to video game development events like Gamescom or E3, and put us in direct contact with the DX:HR Eidos Montreal team (under clever guises of course).

We will obviously need to kidnap Warren Spector, Harvey Smith, and Alexander Brandon (if they don't voluntarily join our conspiracy). We might freeze them like Lucius deBeers or something... so they can act like our brain-trust.

We could try to make a ridiculous amount of money quickly and enact a hostile takeover of Eidos Montreal or, if necessary, Square Enix: Warren Spector might be able to help us with this.

Having made a good impression on the EM DX:HR team at the press events, we will acquire a guided tour of the Eidos Montreal development studio.

Once inside codename Hermann and codename Navarre will stealthily replace develpoment team leaders with our doubles: an extreme case of stolen identity (like the President in Perfect Dark).

We will then have other cells simultaneously gain control of any satellite offices working on Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Once in control, codename Helios will work closely with our doubles to begin moving DX:HR in the right direction and make the necessary changes to ensure the survival of the Deus Ex franchise and eventual salvation of video games.

For it is written, "And a game will come unlike any other, born of pure awesomeness, the chosen one, a god from the computing machine, and this game shall at long last bring balance to the video game art."

In Deus Ex was it born, in Invisible War did it turn to the dark side, and now only we can save it from itself!

So... who wants in? :D

Angel-A
20th Aug 2010, 04:02
:thumb:
This...
This is epic... Can I join?

mad825
20th Aug 2010, 05:44
it sounds very intriguing. ;)
however:

members of the DX:HR EM team will be less likely to ever visit.
I not sure what to say about this, there are plenty of lurkers and not only that I have noticed a patten of one particular Admin visiting these very forums now and then at.....I should stop now before I sound like a stalker ::whistle::

Jerion
20th Aug 2010, 06:20
it sounds very intriguing. ;)
however:

I not sure what to say about this, there are plenty of lurkers and not only that I have noticed a patten of one particular Admin visiting these very forums now and then at.....I should stop now before I sound like a stalker :whistle:

It's a conspiracy! :whistle:

Ashpolt
20th Aug 2010, 09:50
Protip: Trolling works a lot better if it's short, so people actually read it.

Sabretooth1
20th Aug 2010, 10:31
Protip: Trolling works a lot better if it's short, so people actually read it.

This.

You could at least add a tl;dr version at the end.

Dead-Eye
20th Aug 2010, 19:45
I want in. We will need stun guns and nano-gel that will make us look like the developers to take their positions. We will also need detailed physiological evaluations on the people we are going to impersonate. Also a room out in the wilderness to keep the developers for 6 to 12 months as we take their jobs. I'll take David Anfossi position as I can talk about everything in Deus Ex all day long and add how "our" game is going to be better and why.

As for a name I say we just call ourselves something elusive like The Organization. Maybe add 1337 speech so we don't get confused with something else but still remain elusive. 7H3 0rg@N!@7!0N.

Angel-A
20th Aug 2010, 21:19
"The Organization"... That's funny...
Group needs a name, I have one idea: Machina Ex Deus.
It sounds cool.

This.

You could at least add a tl;dr version at the end.
Oh, ok.
tl;dr version: Read the whole thing.

FrankCSIS
21st Aug 2010, 04:55
I cannot partake directly into your Organization, for various reasons which I shall not name.

However, every conspiracy needs a government man.

I can be that man.

Rindill the Red
21st Aug 2010, 06:36
I cannot partake directly into your Organization, for various reasons which I shall not name.

However, every conspiracy needs a government man.

I can be that man.

Alright, FrankCSIS, you can be codename -WS-.

I realized that if we really want to succeed we will probably need to find a rich industrialist or at least someone who owns companies that are doing advanced scientific and technological research.

My uncle is a physicist at the University of Wisconsin and he's done a lot of work on lasers... but he's a pretty upright man and doesn't care much about video games.

Still, he is working for the government on a secret grant right now...

mad_red
21st Aug 2010, 23:33
It's a conspiracy!

A conspiracy!

I'm in. What's my codename?

Machina Ex Deus sounds like an good name. I also propose Machina Senex Deus: "Machine, Old Guy, God"

St. Mellow
22nd Aug 2010, 00:26
I'm so in.

Great read. :)

Rindill the Red
25th Aug 2010, 02:00
Alright, recent comments I've been made aware of have created a renewed belief in and urgency for our effort.
Anyone who wants to join can...
But we really need to flesh out some more serious better plans.

JCpies
25th Aug 2010, 09:33
Can I join? I'm a bad troll.

mad_red
25th Aug 2010, 11:43
Hey, how about we create a manifesto or something like?

Then we can 'inadvertently' leak it, deny it came from us, finance both sides, kidnap scientists, make them create a nanovirus, release the virus and control the vaccine, and demand a vending machine stocked only with orange soda! MUAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

So what should we put in the manifesto?

Dumbing down is a cardinal sin? A capital offence? A lifetime forfeiture of nookie?
And by the way, it's not the same thing as streamlining.

And how do we extract the "stupid and pointless" without killing the "cool and intruiging"? How can we exorcize the Jar Jar out of George Lucas, dissociate the Bioshock from the System Shock, repress the Invisible War in the Deus Ex experience, etc.

I'm not very good at this...
Also, making a manifesto reminds me of something someone said...
Here it is:
There are limits to power, as those who put their hopes in a constitution always discover . . . Constitutions become the ultimate tyranny. They're organized power on such a scale as to be overwhelming. The constitution is social power mobilized and it has no conscience. It can crush the highest and the lowest, removing all dignity and individuality. It has an unstable balance point and no limitations. I, however, have limitations. In my desire to provide an ultimate protection for my people, I forbid a constitution.
-Paul Atreides

Rindill the Red
26th Aug 2010, 00:06
Can I join? I'm a bad troll.

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/political-pictures-subway-biohazard-drill-oblivious.jpg

I can see the concept of farce is lost on you.

Angel-A
26th Aug 2010, 00:34
HEYYY
So can I join?

Rindill the Red
26th Aug 2010, 01:47
HEYYY
So can I join?

Right now the only requirements to joining are a presence on the DX:HR forums... though you've made me start thinking that having some sort of a test might be better... like playing through Deus Ex on realistic with only the stun rod and no augmentations in one sitting with no saves.

JCpies
26th Aug 2010, 17:22
Right now the only requirements to joining are a presence on the DX:HR forums... though you've made me start thinking that having some sort of a test might be better... like playing through Deus Ex on realistic with only the stun rod and no augmentations in one sitting with no saves.

pffft easy. I'm going to do that right now. (After I have cleaned my desk).

Rindill the Red
26th Aug 2010, 20:50
Hey guys... I've come up with a new plan.

So we know that a lot of design decisions are probably being made by the marketing department with "focus groups".

Here's what we do.

We pool our money and hire a local Canadian mafia to "rough up" all of the playtesters and focus group people to "convince" them to hold our views on the game (or we do it ourselves--forming a new Deus Ex Mafia).

Rindill the Red
26th Aug 2010, 20:55
pffft easy. I'm going to do that right now. (After I have cleaned my desk).

Oh, right... did I mention you have to do it on zyme?

JCpies
27th Aug 2010, 14:26
Oh, right... did I mention you have to do it on zyme?

Well I did do it, but not on zyme... I got as far as castle clinton and I had no food to ask the kid for the code...

That was without any items and weapons (aside from the prod) I'll try it on zyme next time... If I can get any. xD