PDA

View Full Version : Online Co-Op Added Back In...Hmmm???

BlueSkiesXXV
18th Aug 2010, 19:40
I see on both my 360 & xbox.com (see grab below) that the LCGoL supports Online Multiplayer for 2 people. There is more than one reference to online multiplayer support & more than one reference to the fact that there is no refunds after purchase.

99% of 360 users probably do not read Tomb Raider forums and will believe the descriptive text on the store, & rightly so.

My advice is to add some text to the description ASAP, informing people of the rollout plan, as there will probably be a lot of unhappy 360 raiders who will feel seriously mislead...Just saying :)
There is also the fact that the people on the Microsoft support line will probably not have a clue about this issue & will probably use the descriptive text for reference. New support tickets a-go-go!

Even on the main Market place blade, it states in big writing: IT TAKES TWO TO TOMB RAID

In the following grab, look at the online items that are supported (bottom left):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/LC1-2.jpg

ThePunkVampire
18th Aug 2010, 19:54
awww....but its only 1-2 plyrs in co-op. :( and online :(

_Love2Raid_
18th Aug 2010, 20:04
I must say that is really misleading. They should have (temporarily) changed the text in my opinion.

ThePunkVampire
18th Aug 2010, 20:06
??????

_Love2Raid_
18th Aug 2010, 20:19
^
Will you please stop spamming, it's getting annoying fast. :hmm:

ThePunkVampire
18th Aug 2010, 20:49
wat are you talking spamming???? I not spamming..... Im confused.....::nut::

bedazzled
18th Aug 2010, 21:05
There is NO online co op until 28th September when they release the patch to enable it. :)

ThePunkVampire
18th Aug 2010, 21:32
I knew that....i was just sayin. sheesh...

BlueSkiesXXV
18th Aug 2010, 22:13
There is NO online co op until 28th September when they release the patch to enable it. :)

Indeed, please tell Xbox Marketplace that!!!

j turn29
19th Aug 2010, 03:07
this game would be awesome to play with a friend on xbox live but you can only play splitscreen which is so stupid. how else to you expect people to get those achievements and enjoy the game online with friends

Treeble
19th Aug 2010, 03:09
Online compatibility is coming to XBLA on September 28 - same day this game is going to be available for all people that want to, but can't play it just yet (ie PC and PS3 users).

Why? No idea. But it is coming.

aussie500
19th Aug 2010, 10:47
this game would be awesome to play with a friend on xbox live but you can only play splitscreen which is so stupid. how else to you expect people to get those achievements and enjoy the game online with friends

GOL does not have a split screen mode. :confused:

GoranAgar
19th Aug 2010, 11:18
... but you can only play splitscreen which is so stupid. how else to you expect people to get those achievements and enjoy the game online with friends
You must be thinking of a different game. Like aussie500 said, LCGOL does not have a split screen mode.

Qbah
22nd Sep 2010, 13:58
Online co-op has been postponed indefinitely:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/4617/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-online-co-op-delayed-again.html

Both XBLA and Steam (I don't have a PS3, don't know about PSN) continue to say that the game offers online coop. This is, simply put, lying to people. There are also some funky things going on with the Steam version's release date, more details here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1440038

The release date has been pushed forward to Sept 21st but people can't play the game anyway.

All in all, I am not buying this game for now.

Katie_Fleming
22nd Sep 2010, 16:13
Perhaps the first DLC should be free for all platforms now

BlueSkiesXXV
22nd Sep 2010, 16:26
Perhaps the first DLC should be free for all platforms now

Now that would be a good idea :)
I would love to know the sales numbers for this title.
I didn't see a single person on my 360 friends list play it.

It felt that the hype was being built up nicely for this release & it would have really benefitted from a single BIG multi-platform release (ahem, including the two platforms that seem to have the lions share of TR fans).

When it eventually limps onto PS3 & PC (*still unfinished*) it will feel like old hat, what with the review & marketing stage firmly in our rear-view mirrors.

Let's hope that they sort out their launch plans for the next proper title, if they earn the right to finish & release it. I only mention this as we all know what happened to CORE.

Katie_Fleming
22nd Sep 2010, 16:32
it will feel like old hat, what with the review & marketing stage firmly in our rear-view mirrors.

The marketing is definitely finished for the game, as well as the hype. Doesn't mean we won't enjoy the game once we get it but the excitement has definitely taken a back seat.

FTR: According to the Tomb Raider Community survey I conducted just over a month ago, XBOX players do not make up the majority of the community.

xdiesp
27th Sep 2010, 20:54
Fool me once...

In the past I've already got burned by Trine and Torchlight both promising online multiplayer and not delivering. They outright lied about it and kept to local multi, just to again promise actual multiplayer on the sequels.

This time, I ain't going spend a dime without hard evidence of a working online multiplayer under my nose.

Danielsun_
27th Sep 2010, 21:34
that seems fair enough, online multiplayer sould be available tomorrow so hopefully you will see the evidence and buy an awesome game :)

BatmanIsHero
28th Sep 2010, 14:55
Today the game will be released on PSN. So, just wait and ask the people who will buy the game and let them confirm to you if that feature is available.

Pulse
29th Sep 2010, 03:01
It should be available soon, so hopefully you'll be more interested then :thumb:

BatmanIsHero
29th Sep 2010, 14:38
Don't buy this game. Its full of glitches and problems.

Pyrofer
29th Sep 2010, 15:12
No, BUY this game.

Support the industry and the people that worked hard to produce what is actualy a VERY GOOD GAME.

Also, more money in their pockets means more time to fix things and do better next time yeah?

The Glitches will be fixed I am sure. Maybe wait to buy it for that, but don't miss out because of a bad start on the launch.

Ants_27_
29th Sep 2010, 16:46
Well my mate wants to buy it just for the co-op side, so he wants to split the cost we me... fair do's but I've noticed how some developers still take the attitude... who cares we'll patch it later attitude... yeah, that's the way to rake in the customers.:rolleyes:

Whereas developers who want to make a solid experience tend to make sure it's polished so they don't really have to update it later just to get earlier sales. For example, MGS 4 (Even the PSP version) doesn't have any glitches. Well I've never encountered one and I'm always replaying them (more than I probably should).:lol:

But whatever; if the glitches are as bad as I hear then God help CD if they do go with an open world TR9.:lol: That's going to be fun to watch. Like a car crash in slow motion.

Mizoz
29th Sep 2010, 17:47
Damn, they scammed my money by promising online co-op. :(

xdiesp
29th Sep 2010, 18:56
I'm not talking about no glitches, I'm talking about basic online coop which right now is being advertised as the selling point of this game.

EvilHannie
29th Sep 2010, 21:29
I am so dissapointed and so surprised to see thats ONLY local Co Op mode ... and not ONLINE multiplayer ...

Ha well, i was going to buy the game anyway for the single player version, so not a real problem for me.

But i just dont understand why they announce one thing and publish a total different thing ...

EIDOS has poo up their eyes :(

EvilHannie
29th Sep 2010, 21:31
I feel your pain bro ... i just bought the game, and sadly dissapointed that its only local co op ...

I was going to buy it anyway for single player stuff, but its idiotic that its not an online multiplayer ...

:/

BatmanIsHero
30th Sep 2010, 00:29
Well, what we call that, a "LIE!" They just lied I guess about that.

Pulse
30th Sep 2010, 00:38
Don't buy this game. Its full of glitches and problems.

I've never run into a single problem, so I think you are unfortunately very unlucky. But chills, kay. And support CD! :thumb:

Anyway, they've said the Co-op should become available in time, so patience people.

xdiesp
30th Sep 2010, 00:49
I hope they won't sell online coop via DLC... that would be a new milestone.

Nemesis296
30th Sep 2010, 03:24
But i just dont understand why they announce one thing and publish a total different thing ...

The online coop portion got delayed if I remember correctly. It's still coming, just not quite yet...

BatmanIsHero
30th Sep 2010, 14:51
I hope they won't sell online coop via DLC... that would be a new milestone.

That's is a possibility my friend. Now, these companies this is thier new style of stealing peoples money by DLC. So, you got to expect that for sure.

CuRsEdZx
30th Sep 2010, 14:53
All of the information that I can find online indicate that it was supposed to release on the 28th...(same day it was out for ps3)...

Where is it?

More importantly...WHERE IS INFO FROM THE DEVELOPERS ABOUT WHEN IT WILL BE OUT? THEY ARE LEAVING US HERE....2 DAYS LATER!

We, the customers, should be getting play by play updates... :hmm:

Stef@n Croft
30th Sep 2010, 14:54
I bought this game for co-op online, it was the only reason why I was super exicited.

I got a trail from the gamespot, it said that the game had co-op online...
Now where is it? :mad2:

CuRsEdZx
30th Sep 2010, 14:55
It's a feature that was supposed to be implemented at launch. They could have legal issues for false advertisement if they did that...

CuRsEdZx
30th Sep 2010, 14:57
I bought this game for co-op online, it was the only reason why I was super exicited.

I got a trail from the gamespot, it said that the game had co-op online...
Now where is it? :mad2:

I know...you like how they said the 28th???

Here it is 2 days later with no info...thats professional if you ask me! :hmm:

BlueSkiesXXV
30th Sep 2010, 16:32
You may have more luck at the following forum:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

I have seen some Eidos staff posting over there. It looks like this forum is being given a wide berth at present.

chriss_99
30th Sep 2010, 17:08
There's sooo many threads with people asking and complaining about the co-op! Wow!
I think there should be an official statement on the website or at least over here.

angelus0901
30th Sep 2010, 17:11
There's sooo many threads with people asking and complaining about the co-op! Wow!

Okay, that's exactly what I wanted to say!!! ;) :D

chriss_99
30th Sep 2010, 17:14
Keir said that once the online co-op is released everyone will forget about being mad and angry and will enjoy the game. That's what matters in the end. :D

sonicr9
30th Sep 2010, 17:39
It is not just the co-op but the free DLC aswell.

Sorry Square Enix and Eidos you are just like the rest of the gaming industry a bunch off lying broken promises wastes of space.

You are a disgrace to the industry

Rippedoff
30th Sep 2010, 17:44
It is not just the co-op but the free DLC aswell.

Sorry Square Enix and Eidos you are just like the rest of the gaming industry a bunch off lying broken promises wastes of space.

You are a disgrace to the industry

This ^

Ants_27_
30th Sep 2010, 19:20
It's understandable. Most of gamers wanted the online co-op as it was something they were looking forward too... now it may surprise you not everyone has a computer, let alone the internet (in this case constant access to a computer) and considering Eidos were more than happy to go alone with stating it still had online co-op, knowing full well it wouldn't have gives the customer the right to complain.;)

My point? Don't list the game having online co-op unless it will have.:)

Now this is pretty much what I posted in that other thread (which I gather was closed due to offensive language). God I find that word pointless and meaningless... offend:mad2:. Hahah, sorry that's another point point for somewhere else!

xdiesp
30th Sep 2010, 19:27
It's so weird. Now I'm dieing to play this game as any TR, but I'm getting wary of this "coincidence". A company as big as CD, to have problems with something so basic?

Hoodedclaw
30th Sep 2010, 19:43
It is coming but just not today.

It has been delayed because things were aparently not working right. :hmm:

tr1xp
30th Sep 2010, 23:54
The online coop portion got delayed if I remember correctly. It's still coming, just not quite yet...

...and so did my money for the game. :rasp:

Denis..
1st Oct 2010, 00:10
yea see? maybe cd actually bored..who knows? i like the game..not that i love it it's just a good game to me..as for the all waiting update..yea and im straight if cd or eidos or sq en whatever will be exact on when they gonna release the update..

Denis..
1st Oct 2010, 00:14
however..it's just doesn't make sense to me..a delay on all platforms..and i was thinking they were with xbox's side..

tr1xp
1st Oct 2010, 01:14
The Glitches will be fixed I am sure.

Played Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness recently? Is it fixed...strike that, is it even finished yet?

Tomb Raider Legend "Next Gen" mode fixed? No.

Tomb Raider Anniversary? Did they fix the bug where the game would not even save at all without going through some work around involving creating a non-default profile then moving save files etc, etc.? No...

...but "the glitches will be fixed I am sure".

Shadowgate
1st Oct 2010, 03:02
I want my money back no online play is crap. I hope some one files class action their are many adds that say online co op............

xdiesp
1st Oct 2010, 09:12
Should we make it official, that the online coop was always intended to be a purchasable DLC? There's no shame to admit you had a very bad, greedy idea.

Hoodedclaw
3rd Oct 2010, 15:29
online has been delayed.

tr1xp
13th Nov 2010, 23:56
online has been delayed.

STILL no online co-op? Canceled?

angelus0901
14th Nov 2010, 09:57
STILL no online co-op? Canceled?

No, it's not canceled, they are working on it.

LordCypher
15th Nov 2010, 17:26
Tweeted Karl Stewart about online coop for PC/PS3 this weekend. Only managed to get this:

@Lordcypher PS3 and PC online coming soon dude. Watch this space.

http://twitter.com/#!/CrystalDKarl/status/4060565760638976

gotta love how he calls me... dude... funny. anyways...

I've been waiting for nearly two months now. Purchased the game september 22nd. I still haven't played even one level of the game, keeping the fun for online coop with one of my buddy.

Wanted to get a refund since I purchased the game on the fact that it would include online coop, but unfortunately, I have purchased it from Steam, steam is not known as a good support provider and will refuse any refund after a purchase (does not include "pre release purchases", wich can be refunded before the actual game is released).