PDA

View Full Version : Official K&L2:DD Issues thread (PS3 edition)

JackGordon
18th Aug 2010, 15:16
I suggest posting all technical issues you're experiencing with the game here. Be specific. I want the devs to help everyone out.

This thread is for the PS3 version only.
For the Xbox 360 version, go here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1474805#post1474805).
For the PC version, go here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1474804#post1474804).

am281
18th Aug 2010, 15:52
you should add a party system so players can join ranked matches with friends cas no one seems to be joining me or my friends public matches and its just not fun with 2 or 3 people, at least make a party system for ranked matches so we can play in full games together.

Hypoman
18th Aug 2010, 19:12
I noticed a lot of screen tearing in the ps3 version. Can this be fixed in a patch? BTW a VERY great game....

KaneAndLynchFan1988
19th Aug 2010, 12:56
Censoring?! Why the hell is there censored headshots? That'd be great if it could be fixed in a patch!

VenomProject
19th Aug 2010, 15:15
PLEASE do something about the lag! The online is virtually unplayable!

A-non-E-moose
19th Aug 2010, 17:14
I really hope you guys get cracking on this netcode issue (at least I think that's what's going on).

Enemies are floating around, and the animations get very clunky. It becomes increasingly hard to not only remain engaged, but competitive in an online game that's as unstable as this.

I consider the single player campaign to be one of the most exhilerating experiences in recent memroy; you guys nailed it! And please take this online-criticism in the most positive way, because that is how it is intended. I love the ideas of your online modes, but the execution is severely lacking. I know, and I'm sure others do as well, that this CAN be something great.

So please, give us all a reason to want to continue on playing this. You can have an incredibly dedicated community so long as you make these necessary adjustments to the online portion.

DLC's are okay for longevity, but without the backbone of any competitive online experience - that being the overall stability - they won't be enough to keep this game alfoat.

Thank you for reading.
~A-non-E-moose

VenomProject
19th Aug 2010, 20:57
There's a trophy glitch for me.

I've met the requirements for the "Alpha Male" trophy (Have the most kills in a Cops & Robbers Ranked Match.) several times.

I make sure that I choose "Ranked Match > Cops & Robbers - Quick Match".

I've won games with outstanding amounts of kills, once I had 33 kills in a match and the next highest kill count was 12.

I deleted ALL of my Kane & Lynch 2 save/game data to try and remedy this problem, but it didn't work. Even after completely wiping everything Kane & Lynch 2 related from my HDD, the trophy still ceases to unlock when I meet it's requirements.

Please patch / fix this, guys. You have no idea how frustrating it is to know that I will never 100% this game without the help of developers.

I hope this gets worked out...I know the developers won't look into something based off of one person's problem. I know it's a small issue, guys, but please work it out! I love this game so much, I plan on getting 100% on it!

This is probably pointless, but my PSN ID is Drak_Black

ScarletSnake
20th Aug 2010, 13:44
Game Data Corrupt Error;

I've completed the game two times now, and after my second time I shut down my PS3 like I always do, quitting the game from the PS button menu, taking the disc out and turning off the console , and now when I want to run the game the system tells me that my game data is corrupted and I must delete whatever saves/data I have in order to launch the game...

Needless to say all my SP and MP progress are out the window. This never happened with another game on my PS3 BTW...

Edit: After starting a new game and shutting down and restarting it gave me the same error, and when I launched again without deleting anything the error was gone...

crkrock
21st Aug 2010, 23:11
in blood sweat tears .. I blew up the van then I have to fight cops.. done. Then I have to run down stairs until I get to a red sliding door. The door won't open. I can't go any further in the game. It doesn't prompt me to open the door. A hint prompt comes up and it makes me stare at my partner. I've tried restarting from checkpoint a dozen times. I quit and restarted, nothing.

I can't finish the game because of this bug.

jaya12
22nd Aug 2010, 00:08
Co-Op Hard Lock:

The game hard locks intermittantly during split-screen co-op mode.
This has occured a number of times on the Deal chapter as well as later chapters.

Is this something Eidos and IO Interactive are looking to patch soon?

VenomProject
22nd Aug 2010, 01:48
I eagerly await answers / explanations to these problems.

It'd be a shame if IOI didn't listen to their PS3 users' issues

ScarletSnake
22nd Aug 2010, 16:49
I've just encountered another bug...
In MP menu when I select Fragile Alliance the menu routes me to a Campaign Co-Op screen. But wait. That's not it. I'm not listed as a player, I'm just spectating some other dude's screen, and I can navigate around a menu with no text, as if I was in a MP lobby... There are just empty tabs and I can spy on what the co-op players are doing... I'm in their lobby for some reason with no power to join their game, and I never chose to be there in the first place!

ohitspatty
22nd Aug 2010, 20:49
Horrible connection issues and I know it's not me because the PSN stays up it is just the game that gives me connection error. It's really annoying, been happening all day today.

jaya12
23rd Aug 2010, 09:46
Is anyone from Eidos actually reading this thread or should I be raising this hard lock issue in another thread or with a customer service centre (which you don't appear to have) or with the developer?

A response would be welcome....

dnile
23rd Aug 2010, 16:36
Co-Op Hard Lock:

The game hard locks intermittantly during split-screen co-op mode.
This has occured a number of times on the Deal chapter as well as later chapters.

Is this something Eidos and IO Interactive are looking to patch soon?
I am having the same issue, hard lock up when playing "the deal". In the large room nearly cleared out then suddenly locks up... Have to start the level over and it is quite frustrating... we did this probably 5 times...

pochola16
24th Aug 2010, 09:41
I am having the same issue, hard lock up when I play :hmm:

Nick@IO
24th Aug 2010, 14:06
Hi all

We're paying attention to all your concerns and reports and they ARE being routed to QA and tech support. We can't fix everything and we can't fix it by snapping our fingers, sadly, as it's often quite difficult to figure out why a Ps3 hard-locks in one chapter but not in another, etc. We ARE trying to figure out a lot of these things but we also need to prioritize among the various reports.

Please keep your reports coming and please provide us with as much detail as possible.

Thanks!

Nick

fuchswagen
25th Aug 2010, 04:06
1.Experiencing terrible lag in 60% of games.
2.Whats the point of the rejoin button after a MP match if it doesnt rejoin the group?
3.Loading/buffering times takes forever and is annoying when you have to load for 3 minutes when the host quits or you couldnt join a game. It even boots me to the title screen sometimes when I couldn't join a game.
4.Sometimes have to "waiting for players" for 3-5 min.
5. hard locks as previously mentioned in SP and co - op games but also sometimes while loading MP or ending MP matches.
6. Floating and stuck enemies on the ceilings of the 2nd last chapter of sp.

chaoticd
26th Aug 2010, 01:52
so, i just finished beating the game on extreme which boosted my trophies to 51%. i then decided i would get all of the arcade mode trophies. i decided i was going to get the LIGHTNING LOOTER trophy. first i thought it meant to have the team get a total of 8 mill in under 6 min. after it repeatedly not working, i thought it might be that i alone needed to get 8 mill in 6 min. after playing arcade mode for 4 rounds, each round killing all of the teammates, collecting more than 4 mill, and escaping in the getaway in 2 min. 30 seconds. i did not recieve the trophy with the trophy requirements met. what is going on?

dante4x4
26th Aug 2010, 19:54
So many other people are having the same game freeze in co-op offline/online --but the rest off the the game(single player and online matches) are fine -
I am having problem ever since i finished 1st level and every now and then the game freezes (((Randomly))) maybe after 2min/5min/13min but in my case more sooner than later ---- i can't enjoy this game to its TRUE potential ----- PLEASE -good people at eidos and K&L TEAM and QA TEAM --- this is a priority#1 -- the REST CAN wait !!!

dante4x4
26th Aug 2010, 20:10
Could you hint us by when should to expect the new patch (Days,Weeks,MONTHS)
i anxiously await your reply !!!

thank you

A-non-E-moose
27th Aug 2010, 05:51
I've also noticed some loss in audio at different times throughout the game (most notably during the game's introduction). Has anyone else experienced this?

dante4x4
29th Aug 2010, 15:36
NICK,Can you PLEASE tell me WHEN is the NEW PATCH coming TO THE PS3 --- This freezing issue has left me playing other games ever since i bought K&L2 ---

toffee_neal
29th Aug 2010, 20:26
please could someone tell me how i unlock my free exclusive downloadable content with my european limited edition kane and lynch 2? and also does it say limited edition on the disk? on the ps3.

Alakratt
30th Aug 2010, 01:47
The Alpha Male trophy is glitched! I already met the requirements twice and got no trophy. The second time the room was full, 12 players, finished all rounds with the most kills and the match of course and still, got nothing...even waited a while in the results screens just in case. And on that second time nobody disconnected. Please tell me this is one of the issues being looked at.

chaoticd
30th Aug 2010, 02:02
the alpha male trophy is glitched! I already met the requirements twice and got no trophy. The second time the room was full, 12 players, finished all rounds with the most kills and the match of course and still, got nothing...even waited a while in the results screens just in case. And on that second time nobody disconnected. Please tell me this is one of the issues being looked at.

i completly agree!!! PLEASE FIX!!!! :mad2:

ohitspatty
30th Aug 2010, 02:04
I have it. Do you have Addict trophy? Just keep on going until you get 20 session wins, it should unlock eventually and hopefully before Addict does.

Alakratt
30th Aug 2010, 13:54
It glitched on me AGAIN. It was a 3v3 Cops n Robbers match, got the most kills. I got 19 and the person behind me had 12. Finished first (in kills) in all of the rounds and BAM! NOTHING!! Please, someone from IO Interactive, say this is being worked on. I'm not the only one on this. Just go to ANY trophy site and in their forums you can see people having this glitched too!

ohitspatty
30th Aug 2010, 18:04
It's funny, I got it without trying while going for the Addict trophy.

dante4x4
1st Sep 2010, 13:29
WHY IS There nobody to answer my questions !!! i have posted more than 4 comments regarding THE FREEZING ISSUE - Hard locks - CRASHES on CO-OP SPLIT SCREEN AND CO-OP ONLINE WHICH OCCUR ((RANDOMLY)) EVERY TIME.
When ever i start the second mission,the game hangs after 2mins or sometimes
after 5mins - and when it does,ONLY THE MUSIC PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND THE REST IS FROZEN STIFF, MEANING --- THE XBL of THE PS3 does't SHOW-when i press the PS BUTTON -more over - THE HARD DISC stops to respond (NO ORANGE light BLINKING) and the only ALTERNATIVE LEFT IS TO SWITCH OFF THE PS3 FROM THE MAIN POWER --- WHICH WILL(Destroy)MY PS3 :mad2:

DOES ANYBODY GET THE PICTURE _?_:confused:_?_
MY SYSTEM IS AT RISK IF THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED A.S.A.P -
--- I HATE TO SAY IT BUT I FEELS AS IF I WASTED MY ((HARD Earned))MONEY
AND ALL I HAVE LEFT TO SHOW IS A BUG WHICH MAKES A GREAT GAME FREEZE-HANG-&-CRASH-
((( LUCKY ME))) :lol:

kam241
2nd Sep 2010, 15:49
I have been playing this game on Multiplayer since it got released and I always come across the same problems on multiplayer modes. Here's a list of problems I have come across.

1. During the multiplayer game, I see other team members floating/gliding instead of walking or running. This happens all the time during online multiplayer games and there's at least 1 or 2 team members that can just glide to where they want to go instead of walking or running. How is that possible, are these guys cheating i.e hackers or is there a problem on the technical side.

2.During online multiplayer, there's no option to mute other players. This is a big problem becouse I often come across people who are racist, rude, abousive and constantly make silly remarks, play music in the background which you can hear, make silly noises and etc. This is so annoying and distressing sometimes as I have kids in the same room sometimes and I have to be carefull when playing this game becouse I can't mute other players. How can there not be a mute button for multiplayer, please provide an option to mute becouse there are just too many racist remarks, swearing, music playing near the microphone and etc.

3. During Multiplayer matches, I can fire loads of bullets on enemies with accuracy and they don't die, but an enemy can fire a single shot and kill you instantly, this does not seem right and needs to be fixed. I can aslo see enemies floating all over the screen sometimes.

4. Online multiplayer games take a long time to load and join a match. It takes about 2-3 mins after selecting a multiplayer game and then nothing happens, the screen reverts back to the start of the selection point. Sometimes it takes about 15 to 20 mins just to actually start playing an online game.

5. During online multiplayer games, the game just suddenly stops with an error message and you end up and in main title screen. this is so annoying and just puts you off from trying to play again.

I have never come across a game with so many problems with online multiplayer, can you please fix these problems.

ohitspatty
2nd Sep 2010, 16:59
^ most of those problems are caused by lag.

But I agree about the mute button. Many times I play the game with family in the same room. I don't want them hearing all that s.h.i.t

korthaus
2nd Sep 2010, 19:33
always getting freezes if we want to play offline coop-mode (splitscreen). mission 1 was great to play but mission 2 is not playable at all, because it freezes all the time after some minutes.

looking forward for a patch to fix this huge problem.

Erroneus
4th Sep 2010, 09:46
Corrupt game data bug.

If you download the DLC from the Limited Edition (PAL) first from PSN and then start the game for the first time, which is updated to 1.01, the install of game data is never started, instead you get a corrupt game data error and the game shuts down.

This is easily fixed by deleting game data, starting the game, letting it update to 1.01, then it's able to install the game data from the disc. And when it's done, quit the game and download the DLC again.

Should really be fixed for 1.02, as some might not know how to deal with this problem.

asmodeus72
7th Sep 2010, 08:40
I can see that there are quite a few others with the same issue... bought the game specifically for the co-op player (offline) action and have managed to get to Chapter 2 and it freezes almost every 2 or 3 minutes... and now feel like throwing it out the window. Waste of money! If the issue is known to Eidos then maybe they could let other people know of it before they go out and buy it! Really annoyed! Saved up for ages to get the game and now can't play it! Useless... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you at least us know when a patch might be available???:mad::mad2:

dante4x4
7th Sep 2010, 14:54
OK !!! 1st of all ,let me tell you people at eidos ,((TO BE more accurate THE K&L team)) ,that i
am very tiered & disappointed of waiting for the replies regarding the new patch
it is the worst thing u people can do to us by not replying to any of our questions , not even a single comment regarding the FREEZE issue. I Bought the game and this is what i really get- A MAJOR BUG-- and then THE SILENT TREATMENT
wonderful keep up the good work -----YOU people will go far in life - i can already tell !!!

KillSwitch_Bob
12th Sep 2010, 20:00
The "Alpha Male" trophy is definitely glitched/broken. Just finished a Cops & Robbers game where I had 8 more kills than the guy with 2nd most and nobody left the session.

I waited a few seconds before I quit because I got "Law Enforcer" today and that took about 15 seconds to appear but it didn't show.

There's no reason why I shouldn't have got the trophy, got most kills by quite a lot and everybody stayed until the end.

huss2215
16th Sep 2010, 20:33
The custom soundtrack does not work in multiplayer only in single player. Please fix this Eidos, please release an update that allows for background custom soundtracks from XMB while playing the multiplayer.... 1 year later... oh no one even looked at this post. (Prove me wrong).

VenomProject
20th Sep 2010, 22:34
I'm really shocked by the lack of responses.

SurfDrifter
10th Oct 2010, 17:48
I'm playing coop on Xtreme (online) and it doesn't register the chapters as completed. I'm getting the trophies for beating the level, but in the Chapter selection, it shows them as incomplete.

I have beaten the 2nd level TWICE and the 3rd level once and only the 1st chapter shows as beaten on coop. Any suggestions?

bobbo82
10th Nov 2010, 14:31
THANK YOU EIDOS FOR SUPPORTING US AND REPLYING TO OUR REQUESTS.

sixty euros + dlc.. what a good waste of money..

ohitspatty
10th Nov 2010, 16:55
THANK YOU EIDOS FOR SUPPORTING US AND REPLYING TO OUR REQUESTS.

sixty euros + dlc.. what a good waste of money..

They sure punched you right in the sucker.

JackGordon
10th Nov 2010, 17:24
All of us, lad.

GrievousOdyssey
11th Nov 2010, 18:36
I wasn't ...

then again the fact that i've rant all about it during the pre-release might have something to do with the level of expectation i've set for myself ...

ohitspatty
12th Nov 2010, 15:02
Well all know, deep down inside you cried like a baby elephant.

JackGordon
12th Nov 2010, 15:10
I was just about to say the same thing. He also admitted to me personally that he immediately put on a Tokyo Hotel record to easy his suffering.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Nov 2010, 15:48
The only 'Issue' of Dog Days is actually Our Expectations that got into the way ...

Seriously , brothers , enjoy what life has to offer to us ! ...

JackGordon
13th Nov 2010, 16:14
Keep your optimism to yourself, monkey. *electrobolt*

GrievousOdyssey
13th Nov 2010, 16:23
Well i don't know , i thought my comment had a bit of irony in it ...

Keeps everyone happy ...

JackGordon
13th Nov 2010, 16:27
I'm only happy when it rains.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Nov 2010, 16:30
When it rains hard ? hell yes ...

JackGordon
13th Nov 2010, 16:34
I actually only leave the house when it rains really hard. The chances of encountering other people become minimal. City streets can actually be quite peaceful at those times.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Nov 2010, 16:40
The world as it should be ...

JackGordon
13th Nov 2010, 16:51
Agreed. That's pretty much the only time when being optimistic is the appropriate way to feel.

Bevacur
21st Nov 2010, 11:55
I enjoy it in the dark, i live in a village, rarely busy.I prefer to take the dog for a walk then, i can go up a huge hill behind my house that overlooks my whole village. Just gotta becarefull of cow ****, sheep ****, horse ****, cows, bulls etc etc.

Or fireworks, when my dog hears them, he will just curl up into the fetal position and expects me to carry him home.

JackGordon
21st Nov 2010, 12:43
Lad, you have no idea how much I'd love to live in a village like that...

Bevacur
21st Nov 2010, 12:47
Nothing exciting happens.

JackGordon
21st Nov 2010, 12:53
Exactly. I'd fit right in.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2010, 14:15
The Village of the Brotherhood of Dead Men ...

PS: best title ever ...

PPS: Shyamalan should make a film out of this ...

JackGordon
21st Nov 2010, 14:48
The Village of the Brotherhood of Dead Men ...Lynch moving the lawn in his underpants. Kane peeling potatoes. DogMan training the dogs he rescued from Shanghai. Charlie herding the sheep. Life as it ought to be.

huss2215
22nd Nov 2011, 00:22
The custom soundtrack does not work in multiplayer only in single player. Please fix this Eidos, please release an update that allows for background custom soundtracks from XMB while playing the multiplayer.... 1 year later... oh no one even looked at this post. (Prove me wrong).

Just like I said no developer cared to look at this post a year ago. I guess the sales for this game failed so the developers said, "screw it" and moved on to Hitman:Absolution. Terrible developers that don't support their community unless they want to bag in a few bucks on early release. Glad I got rid of this game.