PDA

View Full Version : First DLC pack free for XBOX users

_Love2Raid_
17th Aug 2010, 19:49
Presumably to make the sting of that delayed online co-op less painful, Square Enix will offer the first DLC release for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light to Xbox 360 players for free -- for one month.

"...We will be offering the first DLC pack for free for the first 30 days, exclusively on the Xbox 360," Crystal Dynamics general manager Darrell Gallagher said in a press release, "so that gamers can get a taste of some of the exciting extras we have in store." This DLC pack is the first of five. Square Enix didn't announce a release date for the DLC, but it wouldn't be much of a conciliatory measure if it didn't arrive before the September 28 release of the online patch.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/17/first-lara-croft-dlc-pack-free-for-first-30-days-on-xbox-360/

Most likely they just want to make sure the XBOX users don't delay their purchase, but still awesome. :)

Danielsun_
17th Aug 2010, 19:51
First! :p

I kid, lol, thank you for sharing the info Love2Raid, i look forward to raiding with you :D

and omg woot, free DLC :D

_Love2Raid_
17th Aug 2010, 20:10
Yeah. :D

What could it be? :)

Btw I am going to litter this forum with threads, haha! *goes back to work*

bedazzled
17th Aug 2010, 20:18
That stinks their favouring the XBox users again at the expense of PC and PS3 users

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 20:45
YAY! i have an Xbox and a ps3!!!!!!! :D

Ants_27_
18th Aug 2010, 10:03
So in order to get the sales again they need to bribe 360 owners with free DLC? Or why not just release the game finished?!:eek:
]
But free's a good thing, I'd pick it up if I had a 360 but the likelihood is I won't cause I rarely buy DLC. Depending on what it adds if its just costumes then no way!

Pulse
19th Aug 2010, 10:22
There's already one post complaining about 360 getting more than the others. I can't wait to see this thread fill with them like all the others! :rolleyes: seriously people, chill the eff out. It's a game that you ARE still recieving, so stop trolling and move on.

TF.Denis
20th Aug 2010, 12:44
You can be 1st with your 360 when it comes to tomb raider but on everything else..always second comparing to the ps3..its over!

Ants_27_
20th Aug 2010, 19:24
You can be 1st with your 360 when it comes to tomb raider but on everything else..always second comparing to the ps3..its over!

Well I personally don't see the PS3 as being better, nor the other way around. It's got one or two games I wouldn't pass up playing, though for me the Playstation had more games that I wanted to play at the time, but I get bored of the games on PS3 though to be fair. Except Heavy Rain of course which blows nearly ever game other out of the water.

Anyway, are they going to let you keep the DLC for free or only have it for a period of 30 days before it expires, requiring you to buy it if you want to continue owning it? It'll make more sense I suppose. Cause won't PS3 or PC fans moan about how they've sank the dagger deeper into the still open wound?:scratch:

bedazzled
20th Aug 2010, 21:07
Cause won't PS3 or PC fans moan about how they've sank the dagger deeper into the still open wound?:scratch:

Damn right we would :)

Pulse
21st Aug 2010, 03:57

Why are you so annoying!! Not attacking, but do you realize how stupid and irritating this post is!?

I'm not saying 360 is better, but none of the current systems are better than the others. All have quality games. Some of the PS3's are better than 360's and vice versa. So please don't post the annoying fanboy crap anymore, okay?

Error96_
22nd Aug 2010, 16:50
Hate the idea. I am getting quite sick of them giving X-box gamers all the bonuses. I mean TRU sucks without the DLC levels. Just think they really should stop doing any more console specific bonuses/early release etc.

angelus0901
22nd Aug 2010, 17:27
Hate the idea. I am getting quite sick of them giving X-box gamers all the bonuses. I mean TRU sucks without the DLC levels. Just think they really should stop doing any more console specific bonuses/early release etc.

I agree with you! But I'm going to buy an Xbox360 soon so I don't care anymore!!! Mwahahahahahaahaha!!! And I'm finally gonna play the TRU DLCs!!! ;) :D

EDIT: Does anyone know what kind of DLC will it be? Can't wait!! Seriously, I can't wait anymore, I'm going to the game shop tomorrow and demand that they deal with any technical issues they have and just give me my baby!! ;)

LARALOVERnr1
27th Aug 2010, 12:11
has it been released yet? couldnt find it on Game marketplace

And, BTW, a ''12 hour experience''? No way! Ive finished the whole thing in 6.5 hours, on medium difficulty.... This DLC has to be good...

Nick56music
29th Aug 2010, 11:56
No, further details have to be announced (release dates, etc.).

Gitb97
29th Aug 2010, 12:48
That stinks their favouring the XBox users again at the expense of PC and PS3 users

Actually they're not.
PS3 and any other console dont have contract with this game.
mainly because they care about the money. XBOX are a for all console.
so dont come out with such cow poo.

bedazzled
29th Aug 2010, 17:27
Actually they're not.

Don't talk out of your arse, they've released the game for Xbox over a month before the PC and PS3 players get it, and the xbox gets the first expansion pack for free. It was the same with the extra content for Underwold they made that exclusive to Xbox players,if that's not favouring the Xbox what is?

TF.Denis
11th Sep 2010, 18:08
it seems i got more people on my side..being annoying pulse? excuse me? quit this attitude or u gonna get reported kid..got it? as for tr..actually microsoft pays a loooot to keep the add ons for themselves and also to keep them only for their console..fair or not fair..that's it! it's all about the money

GeorgeMaciver
11th Sep 2010, 20:41
Money comes from us, the gamers. If we didn't buy the game Microsoft would ditch Tomb Raider without a second thought. We are the ones who generate the money, not Microsoft. It's a good job we've learned to love Crystal :p

RoombelinaUK
12th Sep 2010, 07:57
Actually they're not.

Don't talk out of your arse, they've released the game for Xbox over a month before the PC and PS3 players get it, and the xbox gets the first expansion pack for free. It was the same with the extra content for Underwold they made that exclusive to Xbox players,if that's not favouring the Xbox what is?

LOL LOL LOL LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I ROFLMAOed at those 2 posts! XD

LARALOVERnr1
12th Sep 2010, 08:26
Not this sh1t again! Microsoft is willing to pay money, so xbox users get DLC first. Sounds fair enough to me. Write a letter to Sony if you have any complaints.

@TF.Dennis

PS3-FANBOY ALERT!!!!!

There are two things: being annoyed by the fact that xbox gets the DLC first because you've only got a ps3 and you wanna play it, and there is being annoyed by the fact that xbox gets the DLC first because you just hate the xbox 360 and your possibly a ps3-Fanboy. With your last post you've pretty much stated you're the second one, so please go to a ps3-forum and complain about the xbox360 there, but please dont do it here....

Oh, and Pulse has some people on his/her side to....

TF.Denis
13th Sep 2010, 04:52
lol excuse me kid but im not here to start a war..im here to talk and if the fanboy means that i like my console then yes im..excuse me for not buying your xbox but i rather what's best in the market! as for your dlcs i don't care an inch but there are other users here that feel unfair with it and i wouldn't bother myself sending anything to sony when i have much better games in my hands than glitchy tomb raiders made based on xbox..discussion ends boy!

Flintmelody
13th Sep 2010, 15:23
I don't why we have to be treated worse cos we have a PS3 or PC (personally I have both). They should start offering DLC to everyone instead of just those with an X-box. Did Eidos not learn from all the hate they got over the TRU DLC?

TF.Denis
14th Sep 2010, 19:15
That's exactly my point..and thanks for defending me..idk what's wrong with them here..it's all about their xbox because tomb raider is moved to xbox and they think they are better and forgeting that so far all tr games from cd are glitchy and if they they want to talk about games then we should put in uncharted 2 or lbp to discuss here..hmm..it wouldn't be fair for them..as it isn't for us their dlcs always..

bedazzled
14th Sep 2010, 19:43
Gather all Xbox consoles together put them in a field and BOMB the bastards :rasp:

Pulse
14th Sep 2010, 22:41
I love how TF.Denis refers to it as YOUR xbox. Awesome :)

Yeah but I play games on all 3 consoles. Can they all be mines :D

TF.Denis
14th Sep 2010, 22:49
yeah..it's because i don't care even if u got 50 consoles or if u are the president of us..u can't attack me like that!

LARALOVERnr1
16th Sep 2010, 18:51
This console-war is starting to get annoying....

Ants_27_
16th Sep 2010, 20:22
This console-war is starting to get annoying....

Console war FTW!!!!!!!111zzz:lol:

Serious note, it's like Rockstar, for the DLC they gave to Xbox owners for GTAIV, they turned around and created a brand new IP exclusive for PS3. The idea is that that game will be played by PS3 owners, 360 owners won't.

Same for PS3/PC owners, if the 360 get extra DLC then so be it and quite truthfully I don't buy DLC personally so I really don't care for who gets it and who doesn't. But the way I see it if I buy something then I expect myself to get it not the guy who paid nothing for it... Kinda.:D

TF.Denis
22nd Sep 2010, 15:56
lol