PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed........? New Ideas?

ThePunkVampire
16th Aug 2010, 21:54
Some of you seem to be disapointed with this game (LCGOL). Including me. I wish they had used some new characters instead of Laura Croft.....bt hoping to help give ideas. I have ideas for tomb raider.....id like to hear some of yours. I may not be part of the tomb raider game designing crew, but i want them to see all of our ideas. For Tomb raider games.....sequels as well if u want to share your ideas....pleaze post. :thumb: :cool:

I am not trying to critizise ANYTHING. i would just like to hear your ideas for tomb raiders....what u all would like to see.

Jason Miller
17th Aug 2010, 00:22
Honestly, I'm sure no one wants to raid tombs as anyone BUT Lara! And judging from the way you spelled her name as "Laura" not "Lara", I'd say you're in no position to simply babble out your ignorant thoughts... and seriously, what's with the constant comments regarding your so-called disappointment towards LCGOL?
If you think Lara Croft shouldn't be the one raiding tombs, then you're obviously new to this franchise; otherwise, I'd say you were sexist...

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 00:29
Wats ur issue! Thats how you spell her name thank you very much! :nut:

You mite wana shut your mouth bc i was goin to try and delete that.....and i was just expressin my opinion.

Im in a pissed off mood right now, so plz keep your mouth shut!!!!!!!!:mad2:

Jason Miller
17th Aug 2010, 00:39

You mite wana shut your mouth bc i was goin to try and delete that.....and i was just expressin my opinion.

This is a forum, I can express myself as I see fit...

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 00:46
well so can i!!!!!!! Free Rights of speech dag nabbit

_Love2Raid_
17th Aug 2010, 00:50
Yes, and so can PunkVampire. There is no need for insults (or swearing, name-calling, etc.).

Now, I don´t really understand what you are getting at. We have a game here that is not Tomb Raider, and you want Lara out as well. Uhmm, would you rather have some random new character instead? :confused:

Treeble
17th Aug 2010, 01:03
Thats how you spell her name thank you very much! :nut:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/lcatgol/lcgolheader3.png

Yeah, it sure ain't.

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 01:33
Because they changd it up!!!!! The original name was "Laura"!!!:mad2:

And im not tryin to tik any1 off! and i wasnt swerin ect. i just so freakn tickd....i havnt had a very good evenin.

I made this to get ideas for some new games for the hek of it.....i dont really care for the new "lara" croft......bt thats my OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes. I believe they should hav made new characters and just left tomb raider/Laura Croft out of it......it has just changd so much!

beretta
17th Aug 2010, 02:04
Good evening
I am not one of those people who are disappointed by the game how can you be disappointed with a game you had no hands, just look on the net to read the notes "test and you will see that the game is highly rated I can say that Crystal Dynamics has done an Excellent job with this spin-off realized in the manner of a comic and we proposed decouvrire Lara CROF in a whole new angle and I look forward to play

TF.Denis
17th Aug 2010, 02:16
some of you really need help..professional help! and not laura it's lara and blah blah blah..it's a game to me..just a game! u kids are really unfriendly by the way! it's just an opinion..u don't like it? don't answer! END!

adarocas
17th Aug 2010, 12:24
Well I just wanted to say that we still can not really say a game that we have not yet proven. No offense to anyone.
But I wish all games are controlled well, because I would not like to play at a level and missing something, then I have to download a patch to continue as in the case of TRU Wii.
If something is not because I understand very little English, sorry.

Ants_27_
17th Aug 2010, 13:02
Honestly, I'm sure no one wants to raid tombs as anyone BUT Lara! And judging from the way you spelled her name as "Laura" not "Lara", I'd say you're in no position to simply babble out your ignorant thoughts... and seriously, what's with the constant comments regarding your so-called disappointment towards LCGOL?
If you think Lara Croft shouldn't be the one raiding tombs, then you're obviously new to this franchise; otherwise, I'd say you were sexist...

Well, I wouldn't say they're sexist cause they didn't state that they didn't want to play as a female character but I think I do understand were ThePunkVampire is coming from, this is my take on it:

LCGOL, isn't a spin off to me so when I heard it was a spin off I did get somewhat excited but its not, which did disappoint in someway, its just the same game different ideas. For me a spin off is this:
I'll use my favorite T.V. series to help get my point across better. Life on mars saw John Simm play Sam Tyler who was ran over in 2006 (I think) and wakes up in the 70's. Then that finished they created Ashes to Ashes which saw Keeley Hawes play Alex Drake who was shot in 2009 and woke up in the 80's.

Now to me that's a spin off cause we have a different main character but within the same universe and same supporting characters. Now this is why I felt a tad disappointed cause I saw it as an opportunity to perhaps have a new point of view but within the same universe that the main TR games take place in. I know if you find the definition on spin-off then it will probably say the opposite but that's how I originally saw it.

marcvb
17th Aug 2010, 14:22
It disappoints me too that Lara is in this game, she should not be taken out of TR!!

RoombelinaUK
17th Aug 2010, 15:24
Well, I wouldn't say they're sexist cause they didn't state that they didn't want to play as a female character but I think I do understand were ThePunkVampire is coming from, this is my take on it:

LCGOL, isn't a spin off to me so when I heard it was a spin off I did get somewhat excited but its not, which did disappoint in someway, its just the same game different ideas. For me a spin off is this:
I'll use my favorite T.V. series to help get my point across better. Life on mars saw John Simm play Sam Tyler who was ran over in 2006 (I think) and wakes up in the 70's. Then that finished they created Ashes to Ashes which saw Keeley Hawes play Alex Drake who was shot in 2009 and woke up in the 80's.

Now to me that's a spin off cause we have a different main character but within the same universe and same supporting characters. Now this is why I felt a tad disappointed cause I saw it as an opportunity to perhaps have a new point of view but within the same universe that the main TR games take place in. I know if you find the definition on spin-off then it will probably say the opposite but that's how I originally saw it.
I'm not sure a spin-off is what ThePunkVampire referred to, anyways, only he can confirm that..:o

It disappoints me too that Lara is in this game, she should not be taken out of TR!!
"this game"? The only reason the title was changed is because this game has nothing to do with Tomb Raider story-wise. Other than that, it has the same lead heroine... LCGOL isn't a spin-off

Treeble
17th Aug 2010, 15:55

Yes, it was. However, Laura Cruz never made it past the drawing board. You can't refer to the Lara Croft we all came to know and love as if she was Laura though... It's just not right.

Ants_27_
17th Aug 2010, 16:42
I'm not sure a spin-off is what ThePunkVampire referred to, anyways, only he can confirm that..:o

Where the hell did I get the word Spin off then? Sometimes I surprise myself!:lol:

But yeah sorry people:nut:

Oh now I remember I didn't mean he referred to a spin off but I think that I meant that I felt a bit disappointed when I heard GOL was a spin off title then it turned out it wasn't. Thats what I meant so I knew where he was coming from in terms of 'it's the same character' and a bit disappointed. Make sense?!:scratch:

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 19:41
Im srry for wat i hav posted....i was in a bad mood and just wanted to post my OPINION.
And im sure the game will be fine....bt they have some great work in the past...and when i saw this game i thought it would be a ToTaL disapointment to me.

Im sorry to offend anyone....i decided to be the matur one here and apolagize

Danielsun_
17th Aug 2010, 19:46
i've missed most of the convo here but from what i can see is that Lara croft should be ashes to ashes... Ants :p

only my fellow tour guide would say that ;) much loves to you dude :)

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 19:49
I sorry......and i dont wana fight with anyone here........bt i didnt exactly get the last post u posted danielsun????

Danielsun_
17th Aug 2010, 20:00
hmm? no i'm not fighting, i would agree with the fact its a spin off, spin offs can still have the same main character. i was just saying i love Ants for including Ashes to Ashes, he is like the biggest fan and i love him for that, anyways im going off topic

GOL is just a spin off with the main character in it, think of it like the T.V series Joey, main character from friends, and set in the same verse but its not Friends. i hope that clears it up a bit

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 20:04
thx.......and it was just my opionion and i apologize for actin like a child......
iv had a bad week so far and still am.....it has really messed me up

Ants_27_
18th Aug 2010, 10:12
I've missed most of the convo here but from what i can see is that Lara croft should be ashes to ashes... Ants :p

Well it should... but I think Keeley would object:nut:

only my fellow tour guide would say that ;) much loves to you dude :)

Refreshing to here it from someone other than my reflection:p
I kid of course!

@ThePunkVampire - No harm done!:D

Danielsun_
18th Aug 2010, 18:29
Well it should... but I think Keeley would object:nut:

Refreshing to here it from someone other than my reflection:p
I kid of course!

lol, when should we talk to the devs about us getting those titles :p

LC is Me
18th Aug 2010, 19:28
This is a forum, I can express myself as I see fit...

Way to stick the hypocritical foot in your mouth, genius.
:thumb:

I love how you people think that because someone misspells Lara's name that their opinion does not matter. OR that by wanting to play as a different character, one must hate women or be a newb. Because there aren't other female characters within the franchise that could have been used...

I didn't find anything wrong or offensive in the original post...or any "ignorant" babbling. Just someone with an opinion that inquired about yours...the extra crap isn't necessary.

ThePunkVampire
18th Aug 2010, 19:50
thx man for backn me up

Treeble
19th Aug 2010, 03:13
I love how you people think that because someone misspells Lara's name that their opinion does not matter. Was that aimed at me? I was one to raise the question about the name (and not just on this topic), and I only did so because it certainly wasn't a typo. I never said their opinion didn't matter, though, did I?

BritCroft
19th Aug 2010, 16:36
I agree, u had every right to express urself, so no one should be defensive. I don't own GOL yet, so Idk wherther it's good or not. but, sry, i own TR1 and it's Lara, which I believe is a british spelling of Laura.

BritCroft
19th Aug 2010, 16:44
Im srry for wat i hav posted....i was in a bad mood and just wanted to post my OPINION.
And im sure the game will be fine....bt they have some great work in the past...and when i saw this game i thought it would be a ToTaL disapointment to me.

Im sorry to offend anyone....i decided to be the matur one here and apolagize

No Need to apologize( I think thats how it's spelled)

This is a forum, and u have every rite to give ur opinion... and I think we should change the subject here to the suggestions part of the thread...that would be interesting.

LC is Me
19th Aug 2010, 21:01
Was that aimed at me?
Gee I don't know...

And judging from the way you spelled her name as "Laura" not "Lara", I'd say you're in no position to simply babble out your ignorant thoughts

...Was it?

And even if I had been talking to you, regardless of whether or not you stated the OP's opinion didn't matter, you (and others) sort of gave off that impression when you chose to focus on their typos and not the legitimate discussion they aim to have.

Back to the discussion at hand, I don't think other new characters should be incorporated, but it would be fun, I think, if for this one time only Amanda was used instead....and that says a lot considering I find Amanda slightly annoying.

Treeble
19th Aug 2010, 21:13
But that's precisely the point. It was not a typo, hence why I decided to focus on that.

jhngyu
19th Aug 2010, 21:14

And im not tryin to tik any1 off! and i wasnt swerin ect. i just so freakn tickd....i havnt had a very good evenin.

I made this to get ideas for some new games for the hek of it.....i dont really care for the new "lara" croft......bt thats my OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes. I believe they should hav made new characters and just left tomb raider/Laura Croft out of it......it has just changd so much!

The first ideia was "Lara Cruz" but they wanted a friendly UK name, Lara Croft. And still, many people think she's "Laura" , like if your a fan of the game you KNOW that her name is "Lara", and that just piss me off when people call her Laura ... Come on !

LC is Me
19th Aug 2010, 21:26
But that's precisely the point. It was not a typo, hence why I decided to focus on that.
It really doesn't matter, honestly.
Typo or blatant mistake, that's not the point of the topic. It could have easily been ignored or you could have PMed the person if it's that much of a serious issue.

Treeble
19th Aug 2010, 21:36
Yes, it doesn't matter. You also could have PMed the person if it was such a bother.

Carry on with the original discussion though. Find replacements for Laura Croft (who doesn't exist, but... yeah, whatever.)

GeorgeMaciver
20th Aug 2010, 06:39
Someone who doesn't know who Lara is has no right to publicly decry her and call a game he hasn't even played rubbish. He's obviously a troll looking for attention in which case he shouldn't be permitted to ruin these threads for everyone else.

My dog Max
20th Aug 2010, 21:19
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3742.html :D

Randy 54
26th Aug 2010, 00:06
As I'm reading these posts, I can't help asking myself "what's wrong with these people"?
I mean seriously, just listen to yourselves.

mr-sushi-man
26th Aug 2010, 21:55
I was disappointed when I say the trailer for this game on psn, I mean, a tomb raider acrade-like shooter? They've killed tomb raider, if you ask me, tomb raider legend on the ps2 was best( it was amazing!) but it all went downhill from there.

josh1122
27th Aug 2010, 01:23
In all fairness, it would be better if you actually just waited for the trial to come out sushi man to try out it and see how it plays

mr-sushi-man
27th Aug 2010, 10:30
In all fairness, it would be better if you actually just waited for the trial to come out sushi man to try out it and see how it plays

Ye I suppose, but it just doesn't look like tomb raider anymore if u know wat I mean

chriss_99
27th Aug 2010, 11:44
But it's getting really good reviews, unlike many tomb raider games these days. I'm really looking forward to play it. I can't wait for September 28th!

GeorgeMaciver
27th Aug 2010, 16:11
I'll be getting it September 28th as well. Can't wait :D

mr-sushi-man
27th Aug 2010, 19:52
I dunno :) I should at least try it I suppose

ThePunkVampire
27th Aug 2010, 22:54
I herd everything.....understand....and thats wat iv been trying to say sushi man. thx for summing that up for me. but im not trying to fight anymore, and thats just how i loooove to spel Laura is the way i spelld it. I also have a best friend names that and spelled that way. I just think it has more class i guess you can say? cant think of a word to describe it, but to me it looks better spelled that way.

So back to the topic. What ideas do you have for tomb raiders in the future. Just for the fun of it ya know! :D

mr-sushi-man
28th Aug 2010, 08:34
I think they should do another one like tomb raider legend, there was just something about it that made it awesome :)

ThePunkVampire
29th Aug 2010, 19:02
That one was awsome. But i think they should do another of Angel of Darkness, but if they did, i wouldnt be able to make my own version of the sequel....

Yes i do love core :D They were really good to me!

mr-sushi-man
29th Aug 2010, 22:30
I never got round to playing that one, it good? :D

mimicDenmark
1st Sep 2010, 20:56
Some of you really need to take that...thing, out of your arses! :rasp:

Seriously...

This is the sort of thing that makes me a little proud to be a fan of tomb raider/lara croft. When developers tries something like this, and it feels just as much as a tomb raider game as the normal ones, but spices it up.

Kudos to the developers for this. I hope CD will stay with Tomb Raider/lara croft for a long time.

mr-sushi-man
1st Sep 2010, 22:17
Some of you really need to take that...thing, out of your arses! :rasp:

Seriously...

This is the sort of thing that makes me a little proud to be a fan of tomb raider/lara croft. When developers tries something like this, and it feels just as much as a tomb raider game as the normal ones, but spices it up.

Kudos to the developers for this. I hope CD will stay with Tomb Raider/lara croft for a long time.

Seriously mate, all I'm sayin is that it looks to arcade to be a tomb raider to me, I mean the oters have always been a sorta platform kinda game

a_big_house
1st Sep 2010, 22:35
it looks too arcade to be tomb raider, because it isnt tomb raider, lara croft to tomb raider is like portal to half-life, another story set similar to the previous but totally different.

i for one have enjoyed the game so far, and id say if it were a 3rd person shooter like tomb raider, it wouldnt work.

for the future games, id say tomb raider is the main story(s) and lara croft will stay as a mid point to keep us happy and to show us ideas for us to play as we would if the main game were to be complete.

mimicDenmark
1st Sep 2010, 22:52
Seriously mate, all I'm sayin is that it looks to arcade to be a tomb raider to me, I mean the oters have always been a sorta platform kinda game

Sorta platform...Have you played this game? It got PLENTY of platforming aswell.

It's just from a different view.

Open yourself up a bit more.

This feels right on as a tomb raider game. It got puzzles, exploring, platforming, and the last one, action thats actually fun! :D

Now, I love the old ones, but action was never their strong points.

This is exactly what lara croft/tomb raider franchise needed.

It has made it much stronger.

"ra croft to tomb raider is like portal to half-life"

Hell no. Lara is a different story, but it got all the stuff that many love about tomb raider. Its just isometric, thats all.

a_big_house
2nd Sep 2010, 00:33
Ok, that came across completly wrong lol, what i meant was that they are significant to each other due to minor details but are completly different altogether. and i find the isometric point not entirly true, certain points of what i have played probably wouldnt be possible if it were a 3rd person, for example; offline co-op, also if i could only see in one direction, i probably wouldnt have killed the fire breathing t-rex (WTF?!) so easily.
other than that, i totally agree :-)

mr-sushi-man
2nd Sep 2010, 06:56
Sorta platform...Have you played this game? It got PLENTY of platforming aswell.

It's just from a different view.

Open yourself up a bit more.

This feels right on as a tomb raider game. It got puzzles, exploring, platforming, and the last one, action thats actually fun! :D

Now, I love the old ones, but action was never their strong points.

This is exactly what lara croft/tomb raider franchise needed.

It has made it much stronger.

"ra croft to tomb raider is like portal to half-life"

Hell no. Lara is a different story, but it got all the stuff that many love about tomb raider. Its just isometric, thats all.

I'll give it a shot

Marluxia15
8th Sep 2010, 23:40
I hate to make this comparison, but I think Tomb Raider should be more like an Uncharted game. I think the characters are much more believable than Lara. They look better graphically too. Not to reprimand the TR creators and what they've done with the franchise, but I think that we have Lara who would wind up being better than a Nathan Drake, but to do that, we must follow through by making the games better than the Uncharted series.

mr-sushi-man
9th Sep 2010, 16:25
I hate to make this comparison, but I think Tomb Raider should be more like an Uncharted game. I think the characters are much more believable than Lara. They look better graphically too. Not to reprimand the TR creators and what they've done with the franchise, but I think that we have Lara who would wind up being better than a Nathan Drake, but to do that, we must follow through by making the games better than the Uncharted series.

Thank you! That's what I've been trying to get across! :) but it's true.

ThePunkVampire
11th Sep 2010, 01:07
What i miss???

TF.Denis
11th Sep 2010, 17:47
well they are talking about uncharted 2 vampy..the best game on ps3! there is no compare between tomb raider and uncharted series..tomb raider is based on the xbox the last 3 years that explains the glitches and lower graphics..uncharted is based on ps3..that explains the amazing graphics and the by far less glitches than any game that cd has ever created..no offence to any xbox user but i think they can have more than unfinished games..that's the truth

mr-sushi-man
14th Sep 2010, 18:58
well they are talking about uncharted 2 vampy..the best game on ps3! there is no compare between tomb raider and uncharted series..tomb raider is based on the xbox the last 3 years that explains the glitches and lower graphics..uncharted is based on ps3..that explains the amazing graphics and the by far less glitches than any game that cd has ever created..no offence to any xbox user but i think they can have more than unfinished games..that's the truth

Lololololol so true :) but I've got both, but xbox's can be buggy considering mines broken twice now, I'm just gonna get the new one, btw what's uncharted 2 like guys? I haven't played it yet

TF.Denis
14th Sep 2010, 19:30
Uncharted 2? You don't need to ask..is by far the best game ever created! Epic story..super graphics and almost no glitches.. gunfights and hand to hand meele..amazing heights and at almost evere aspect its a great game..aw and thanks for being on my side..what's your psn id?

mr-sushi-man
14th Sep 2010, 19:48
No prob mate, it's mr-sushi-man, wbu?

TF.Denis
14th Sep 2010, 22:56
just added u !!

Rexie
15th Sep 2010, 17:57

That's cute. How old are you, kid? Eleven, twelve?

This is a Lara Croft and Tomb Raider section of the forums. Can't spell it and prefer Unhicked above TR, then GTFO.

TF.Denis
19th Sep 2010, 02:11
yea first time i agree with rexie..vampy you were a bit out of limits buddy

mr-sushi-man
20th Sep 2010, 21:19
So.........hi guys. :)

ThePunkVampire
20th Sep 2010, 23:41
Sorry....was not a good day that day....boyfriend trouble. and im really 19 thank you very much rexie...

Rexie
21st Sep 2010, 17:30
Well, you spell really great for your age.

I honestly fear for humanity.

TF.Denis
22nd Sep 2010, 12:51
Rexie..if you keep on calling my buddy a child I will not be responsible for banned people..

LARALOVERnr1
22nd Sep 2010, 15:16
@TF.Denis
Wow, your really good at making friends. First Pulse, now Rexie?

Seriously, just knock it off, guys! (saying this to TF.Denis, ThePunkVampire and Rexie)

TF.Denis
22nd Sep 2010, 15:45
well..rexie isn't friendly on me so i have no reason to be on him..as for pulse the same..now vampy is my buddy here and i can't let people keep on making fun on him like they keep on doing even if i have absolutely no problems with anyone here..anyway back to the subject..gol sounds to me childish because of the speeches like the evil hahaha that xalot has and laras new type (talking like drake from uncharted with humor) i liked lara as serious person like she was in tra or tru..i will buy gol though..just saying..those conversations in the game are childish..if you consider the pegi 12..it explains a lot

Katie_Fleming
22nd Sep 2010, 16:10
This thread is grossly off-topic, perhaps we should close it and move on? :)

mr-sushi-man
22nd Sep 2010, 16:44
@TF.Denis
Wow, your really good at making friends. First Pulse, now Rexie?

Seriously, just knock it off, guys! (saying this to TF.Denis, ThePunkVampire and Rexie)

Woah woman cool it! On the topic of friends I'm stickin up for TF and vamps. So back off

TF.Denis
22nd Sep 2010, 17:20
Woah woman cool it! On the topic of friends I'm stickin up for TF and vamps. So back off

wow..thanks buddy

LARALOVERnr1
22nd Sep 2010, 17:43

Oh, i wasnt attacking him. Im sorry if I seemed to be. I'm just getting tired of those wars/fights that are going on around here. Nothing personal.

(Oh, and i'm a guy, BTW. Thank you.)

@Katie Tomb Raider

indeed. lol :p. maybe the mods should close it...

Rexie
22nd Sep 2010, 17:46
well..rexie isn't friendly on me so i have no reason to be on him..as for pulse the same..now vampy is my buddy here and i can't let people keep on making fun on him like they keep on doing even if i have absolutely no problems with anyone here.

Rexie..if you keep on calling my buddy a child I will not be responsible for banned people..

1. I'm a she.
2. The hell do I care about bans. I'm rarely here anyway.
3. And once again. I'm the bad guy for trying to make the world a better place. I just assumed that a 19 year orld would be able to spell "your", "you're" and capitals in names.

You can stop crying because I would be probably gone by tomorrow morning. Sadly this argument will not.

On topic:

Well, Steam is being a tard for me, and I don't have enough MS points. So I'll pass on this one. I simply can't afford to invest anymore money in games and stuff. I've already wasted so much money this year! I actually like GoL. I've always been a fan of arcade games. I'll see if a friend of mine would buy it.

mr-sushi-man
22nd Sep 2010, 21:22
Oh, i wasnt attacking him. Im sorry if I seemed to be. I'm just getting tired of those wars/fights that are going on around here. Nothing personal.

(Oh, and i'm a guy, BTW. Thank you.)

@Katie Tomb Raider

indeed. lol :p. maybe the mods should close it...

Oh, soz I thought it was like all turning into a fat fight :P and soz man I just read the name.

Oh and no prob TF ;)

mr-sushi-man
22nd Sep 2010, 21:26
1. I'm a she.
2. The hell do I care about bans. I'm rarely here anyway.
3. And once again. I'm the bad guy for trying to make the world a better place. I just assumed that a 19 year orld would be able to spell "your", "you're" and capitals in names.

You can stop crying because I would be probably gone by tomorrow morning. Sadly this argument will not.

On topic:

Well, Steam is being a tard for me, and I don't have enough MS points. So I'll pass on this one. I simply can't afford to invest anymore money in games and stuff. I've already wasted so much money this year! I actually like GoL. I've always been a fan of arcade games. I'll see if a friend of mine would buy it.

Oh I'm sorry, did we hurt your feelings cuz of a EFFING SPELLING MISTAKE?!

mr-sushi-man
22nd Sep 2010, 21:29
Anyway, back on topic, this game should be good if it has loads of weapon upgrades, I dunno what it is, but I love games thatyou get loads of upgrades on :)

TF.Denis
23rd Sep 2010, 08:42
this topic is quite famous already..a completely different subject and a completely out of topic discussion! im giving up on fighting and get back to the main subject..a delay to the patch that was suppose to let us play online was announced..they were about to release on 28 but they won't..that includes all 3 platforms..great news right?

mr-sushi-man
23rd Sep 2010, 19:19
Ah I see. Well that's bad.

TF.Denis
24th Sep 2010, 16:40
yea i know..tell eidos

mr-sushi-man
25th Sep 2010, 14:53
Hey vamps if you're reading this TF wanted me to tell you that he's been banned from the forums :)

ThePunkVampire
25th Sep 2010, 23:45
Why has he been banned, sushi????

mr-sushi-man
26th Sep 2010, 08:28
We're not actually sure, cuz I don't think he's done anything. Oh and do u have a ps3?

Denis 100%
26th Sep 2010, 13:53
because..im back!

bedazzled
26th Sep 2010, 14:35
because..im back!

Yep if you get banned from a forum just sign up under a different user name and/or e-mail address :D

Denis 100%
26th Sep 2010, 14:38
Yep if you get banned from a forum just sign up under a different user name and/or e-mail address :D

not exactly..it's a new user..just the same person lol

mr-sushi-man
26th Sep 2010, 15:28
Haha good to have you back TF :D

Denis 100%
26th Sep 2010, 17:18
no now it's only denis num num

ThePunkVampire
26th Sep 2010, 23:08
Yay! Den is back!!! It would have been boring without you man... :)

mr-sushi-man
26th Sep 2010, 23:32
:O so u wouldn't care if I got banned then?! :P

Denis 100%
27th Sep 2010, 08:47
u are the reason i entered back vampy!! i would care if u get banned num num and i would msg a moderator for u

mr-sushi-man
27th Sep 2010, 12:36
Wooh! I would do the same for you and vampy! Best friends! :)

Denis 100%
27th Sep 2010, 13:00
awesome!

ThePunkVampire
28th Sep 2010, 23:26
Cool buddy!!! your a friend too mr sushi!!!!! yayz!!!!

mr-sushi-man
1st Oct 2010, 16:33
Yayz!

i had lara
1st Oct 2010, 16:51
How long is single player campaign?
I tried demo, nice alternative.

Denis..
1st Oct 2010, 18:42
at around 6 hours..

Nemesis296
1st Oct 2010, 19:33
How long is single player campaign?
I tried demo, nice alternative.

It took my friend and I about 8-9 hours including deaths and retrying levels that were a bit tougher with the co-op. For $15, this is a solid value.

By the way, are my eyes deceiving me that you've been a member on these boards since 2008, and that was your first post just now? :lol:

ThePunkVampire
1st Oct 2010, 20:29
it took me around 8 hours i played on the hardest mode. these tomb raider (laura croft....dont say anything on how i spell her name, i spell it that way) these games are getting soooo EASY! not much of a challenge anymore. :(

that my opinion

mr-sushi-man
1st Oct 2010, 20:41
Lol vampy's got skill :P

Denis..
2nd Oct 2010, 14:07
vampy is right..it hasn't challenges! it's like tr underworld..u playing on hard and it's like easy! eidos forgot that there aren't only 13 year old xbox children playing their games..remember the good old days of tr2 and tr3? aaah great games

xdiesp
2nd Oct 2010, 14:18
I died at the main menu on TR2.

ThePunkVampire
2nd Oct 2010, 15:39
Are you serious!?!?!?!? HOW???? I wanna know! :D

mr-sushi-man
3rd Oct 2010, 15:30
Tr legend was the best. So epic.

Hoodedclaw
3rd Oct 2010, 15:38
:)All of the classics kept me busy for days but the games are getting easiar as they go y cant they make them longer and harder? Thats the question :hmm:

Denis..
3rd Oct 2010, 15:44
yes sushiman it was a very good game but you have to admit it was easy even on hard difficulty..same as anniversary and underworld..good games all but easy..

ThePunkVampire
3rd Oct 2010, 22:21
These games are too short and easy...
And X better tell me how he died on the main menu!!! i wanna know :D

Denis..
4th Oct 2010, 01:59
im curious too

mr-sushi-man
4th Oct 2010, 06:45
Haha me too and yeah sexy you're right

i had lara
4th Oct 2010, 16:29
It took my friend and I about 8-9 hours including deaths and retrying levels that were a bit tougher with the co-op. For $15, this is a solid value.

By the way, are my eyes deceiving me that you've been a member on these boards since 2008, and that was your first post just now? :lol:

It must be a bug or something.

xdiesp
4th Oct 2010, 18:20
Vamp: if you hampered with the save files (things to do when all you have is a demo in 97...), you could start a new game already dead.

ThePunkVampire
4th Oct 2010, 21:21
OH!!!!! I knew that!! :D I did that with the other tomb raiders! hahah!:D I was sooo not thinking! :)

Pulse
5th Oct 2010, 01:03
I think 20 hours would be an ideal length for a Tomb Raider game. Not Underworld 20 hours (haha, really? Try 4 or 5, CD) actual 20 hours.

Sorry for ya'll that hate the mention of Uncharted:
Uncharted 2 had a perfect length. It wasn't too long, and it wasn't too short. I completed it in 21 or so hours and that I feel is the ideal length for a game of this genre.

Denis..
5th Oct 2010, 01:10
uncharted is something way better than tomb raider..no offence to my favourite lara but that's truth

Hoodedclaw
5th Oct 2010, 15:21
I have uncharted 1 and 2 aswell and i love it but out of all the games iv played nothing beats tomb raider 2 me. x

Denis..
5th Oct 2010, 16:49
only to you..does tomb raider have online? no! does tomb raider has epic story? no! does tomb raider by any chance has epic huge places like shimbala in uncharted 2? no way! does tomb raider is hard even on hard difficulty? no again..so think before u type

ThePunkVampire
5th Oct 2010, 20:20
I believe Tomb Raider is AWSOME anyway Sexy......

But i do wish they werent so short and easy anymore. The older ones were so much fun. Get on my nerves at times, but i love a good challenge! :D

QiX
5th Oct 2010, 20:41
One thing is killing Tomb Raider: Crystal is making easy and short games to attract the casual gamers and increase sales. A classic complaint about the good old Core days is that they made games too hard and few people actually completed them. But this is scaring away the older fanbase in favour of the so called casual gamers. And these casual gamers will buy anything, they are not Tomb Raider fans, they are easy-fast-paced-game fans.

A shot in their own foot, if you ask me :scratch:

xdiesp
5th Oct 2010, 22:06
Sexy: is Tomb Raider a Tomb Raider clone? No! Er, wait...

Denis..
6th Oct 2010, 04:05
1st call me denis thank you..2nd for no misunderstandings i love lara croft and cd has done an awesome work with the series and keeping lara alive when most people thought that the series were dead! but i believe they can create better games than uncharted..better games than resident evil 5 and better games than any company out today..why i believe that? let's see..they have lara croft in their hands and she is the best of all..u know they are planning something big for tr9? i do believe that the series will be back to the same good all days in terms of difficulty and our lara back on top..if not top then in top 10! u know why resident evil 5 has became a classic now? because of co-op! gol has co-op but we have to wait for the online co-op and make comparisons..

Fanta_porto
6th Oct 2010, 11:03
The gameplay ... su*ks :(

I miss:
Tomb Raider III Adventures of Lara Croft
Tomb Raider IV The Last Revelation
and more ... and more ...

:hmm:

Why you have changed the Tomb Raider to look like "War of Craft"? Why ... Why???

Where is that feeling of lonely inside a dark tomb? Turning off the lights of the room at 0:00 o'clock and playing with headsets on , feeling the fear that every moment something will jump out from the corner ... Remember the apes/tigers/crocodiles in TR Anniversary?

I don’t see all of this in this *****y gameplay ??? Too sad … for me Tomb Raider with this game is dead! To be honest, I won’t ever buy or suggest to anybody to buy this game /unless if he is a WOC player, not a real TOMB RAIDER/ …

Crystal Dynamics are wiping out all the old fans with this game! I first played Tomb Raider back in 1999, now I don’t see anything in common with the old Tomb Raider, but the name “Lara Croft” … only the name…

Too sad … shame on you Crystal Dynamics … You have killed my best game ever. :(

R.I.P TR

chriss_99
6th Oct 2010, 14:06
Oh the DRAMA!!!

Dear Fanta,
It is not a Tomb Raider game. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a side project. The next Tomb Raider game is under development, so please constrain yourself from statements like "R.I.P TR"
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are far from being dead.

1st call me denis thank you..

I knew it was you. :p

Denis..
6th Oct 2010, 15:24
chris..we are outside the topic talking about the entire series not especially gol

xdiesp
6th Oct 2010, 15:31
Fanta_Porto: while I do like Anniversary too, we've got to be aware that people nowadays don't accept long trips in solitude no more. That and dark brooding Laras have become social stigmas against TR. People want bullpie pew pew as in Legend.

QiX
6th Oct 2010, 16:02
Fanta_Porto: while I do like Anniversary too, we've got to be aware that people nowadays don't accept long trips in solitude no more. That and dark brooding Laras have become social stigmas against TR. People want bullpie pew pew as in Legend.

Oh, please. Speak for yourself. I'd give an ear or a toe to have long trips in solitude in the next TR.

Denis..
6th Oct 2010, 16:15
if i read another comment about anniversary i will kill myself..i miss it guys! show some respect

xdiesp
7th Oct 2010, 11:07
Oh, please. Speak for yourself. I'd give an ear or a toe to have long trips in solitude in the next TR.

I have written exactly this: I like it, but many others don't. You should invest more points in the Reading skill.

QiX
7th Oct 2010, 11:17

I have written exactly this: I like it, but many others don't. You should invest more points in the Reading skill.

you used the word "people" twice, the firt of them followed by "nowadays". So I assumed you excluded me from "people" or from "nowadays". Invest a few points in Use of Generalizations yourself ;)

Denis..
9th Oct 2010, 08:27
for gods name..back in the subject please??

Rexie
10th Oct 2010, 19:45
Well, it's been said "Once you go Off Topic, you never go back." =/

Oh I'm sorry, did we hurt your feelings cuz of a EFFING SPELLING MISTAKE?!

ALWAAAYS I WANNA BE WITH YOU, AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU, AND LIVE IN HAARMONY HAAAROMNY OH LOOVE!

Your argument is now invalid.

Denis..
11th Oct 2010, 01:56
horay!! so what's your age guys? and what's your opinion about economy crisis? off topic right?

ThePunkVampire
11th Oct 2010, 23:31
This is getting off topic....?

oooookkkaaayyy....

Denis..
12th Oct 2010, 04:51
yea better like it..just write random things and stuff!

Rexie
12th Oct 2010, 18:29
Might aswell just PM a mod to close it.

ThePunkVampire
12th Oct 2010, 20:28
Nah....Just wish i could change the title of this thread to "TOMB RAIDER RANDOMNESS!! lol...:)

Denis..
13th Oct 2010, 07:09
there is already a thread with this title i think..

ThePunkVampire
13th Oct 2010, 21:04
No...actually...i think it called Random raider....i dunno...that or random tomb raider...

Denis..
14th Oct 2010, 00:37
aha ok then..you bought that cable already?? i will be straight until u buy it..

ThePunkVampire
15th Oct 2010, 22:52
Okay...haha. But no...ive been busy studying and a bad wreck happend last night in the front yard (drunk driver says he saw a deer...he was just drunk) Hes okay though....so that also has me all shook up. I havnt playd ps3 in forever...2 months at max

Denis..
17th Oct 2010, 06:30
i see vampy..me and num num shushi man will wait then..we are friends already in ps3

ThePunkVampire
21st Oct 2010, 21:58
So i guess we will see in the future. because i have noooo idea :)

Denis..
22nd Oct 2010, 07:36
wait are you even playing games?

ThePunkVampire
23rd Oct 2010, 16:04
Not really. Every now and then i guess. mostly Xbox360.
Sometimes pc (sims3)

Denis..
23rd Oct 2010, 18:33
ahaa..so have u played tomb raider series?? i still dont understand

ThePunkVampire
27th Oct 2010, 21:36
Yea. Ive played all of them. My favorite is the 6th one! ANGEL OF DARKNESS!!!!!!!!! I loved CORE DESIGNS and still do. I miss them....

Sorry havent been here in while...internet crashed for at least 3 days. Got someone from the cable company to fix it for me :)

Denis..
28th Oct 2010, 00:44
its ok its good to have you back! i worried a bit to tell you the truth! so my vampy..what's your name?

ThePunkVampire
28th Oct 2010, 21:19
What do you mean your worried to tell truth???

My name is Elaine...

LaraDownUnder
1st Nov 2010, 12:50
uh hi. just adding my two cents on thoughts about the game...
so, i just finished it. highly enjoyed it. A+ Eidos & Square.

(just a tad disapppointed with the fight with Mr boss dude. Srsly? That's it? Either I'm underestimating my abilities at these games, or over-estimating the degree of difficulty...but hey, it was fun :) and i kicked his ass :p)

that is all.

Denis..
1st Nov 2010, 15:11
yeah it's fun but, have you collected everything?

ThePunkVampire
2nd Nov 2010, 00:12
DENIS!!!! What do you mean you are scared to tell the truth????

LaraDownUnder
4th Nov 2010, 13:04
yeah it's fun but, have you collected everything?
that would be a no. wasn't quite thorough first time around. spent all my time dying. over and over again. lost too many points :) fully intend to rectify this though now that i am more skilled and prepared :p

Denis..
6th Nov 2010, 23:00
DENIS!!!! What do you mean you ure scared to tell the truth????

vampy! i have no idea what u r talking about!

ThePunkVampire
6th Nov 2010, 23:14
its ok its good to have you back! i worried a bit to tell you the truth! so my vampy..what's your name?

You said that. And you say your worried to tell me the truth....I dont know what you wanted to tell me...:confused::hmm::hmm::(

You kinda ticked me off when i asked you this question...because you just logged off without an answer.....I just want to know what you meant by your worried to tell the truth.
But you decide to log out on me.....:(

Denis..
7th Nov 2010, 12:18
no i ment with the "to tell you the truth" that im really worried about u..not that im afraid to tell it..that's all about it?
as for logging out i went back to the main menu of ps3 and close the page..

tomb1fan
9th Nov 2010, 02:19
Some of you seem to be disapointed with this game (LCGOL). Including me. I wish they had used some new characters instead of Laura Croft.....bt hoping to help give ideas. I have ideas for tomb raider.....id like to hear some of yours. I may not be part of the tomb raider game designing crew, but i want them to see all of our ideas. For Tomb raider games.....sequels as well if u want to share your ideas....pleaze post. :thumb: :cool:

I am not trying to critizise ANYTHING. i would just like to hear your ideas for tomb raiders....what u all would like to see.

thanks 4 posting this.
Your right we are players but they are the designers so they should look at all of the tomb raider fans to make it better in the future i think they should add the movie soundtracks from with new features and also a longer story line because underworld was too short that's what im dissappointed about theyre getting shorter its like whenever they release a new tomb raider dont get me wrong the story line is great just make it longer please!!

Denis..
9th Nov 2010, 08:41
agreed

ThePunkVampire
17th Nov 2010, 22:18
thanks 4 posting this.
Your right we are players but they are the designers so they should look at all of the tomb raider fans to make it better in the future i think they should add the movie soundtracks from with new features and also a longer story line because underworld was too short that's what im dissappointed about theyre getting shorter its like whenever they release a new tomb raider dont get me wrong the story line is great just make it longer please!!

Finally someone who knows what i talking about;) They ARE too SHORT...and they are too EASY now. I dont really find any of the new games that are after tomb raider 6 (AOD) challenging.
I like Eidos..dont get me wrong....but i miss core designs so much!!!!:(:(:( They made the best ones i believe (no offense to eidos creators)

Denis..
18th Nov 2010, 03:46
yeah it was core who made lara that popular after all not crystal..and if crystal created lara in 2006 and it wasn't core from the past..tomb raider wouldn't be so popular today

ThePunkVampire
21st Nov 2010, 22:47
Yea..i miss my core.
Why did they get fired anyway...thats what i never figured out....