PDA

View Full Version : Podcast 3 - LCGOL Creative Direction and Level Design

Keir
16th Aug 2010, 02:28
Hi gang,

It's podcast time again! On Tuesday I'll be sitting down with LCGoL Creative Director Daniel Neuburger and design guru Jeff Wajcs. They've both been at Crystal for a long old time.

Daniel is the creative force behind the entire project and worked closely with the lovely Forest to produce the game. If you'd like to ask any stories about the direction of the game, the early stages of the concept, scripting, aims, etc, Daniel is your man.

Jeff designed some of my favourite puzzles and levels in LCGoL. If you've got any questions about level design in LCGoL or more general questions about level design then please post them here and I'll do my best to get them answered! Thanks :)

And remember, if you'd like to record your question in .mp3 or .wav format that's even better. Send me a PM with a link and you can feature in the show! :thumb:

LARALOVERnr1
16th Aug 2010, 03:41
where you planning to make it a puzzle-filled game when you started this project?

RoombelinaUK
16th Aug 2010, 11:22
While creating puzzles and structuring LCGOL, were you inspired by classic TR games, modern ones, or other games besides TR?

beretta
16th Aug 2010, 11:24
When you start this project you're inspired enough for design?;)

Danielsun_
16th Aug 2010, 18:29
Are there ever moments when you get stuck thinking of designs for puzzles; trying to make them fun and interesting

ThePunkVampire
16th Aug 2010, 21:38
This game disapoints me...... :(
I would like to help with ideas. I alredy hav ideas for tomb raider angel of darkness sequel.

Treeble
16th Aug 2010, 22:15
Ooh more podcast awesomeness. :D

I do have a question that's slightly tied to level design: I'd like to know if the isometric camera was more of a pro or a con when it came to building and designing the temples and puzzles.

Thanks for the opportunity, Keir. You rock! :)

ThePunkVampire
16th Aug 2010, 22:17
dont care for listening to podcasts....the games gona be out in like two days anyway....