PDA

View Full Version : Will this game use Games for Windows LIVE as a DRM method?

Dr_Bob
15th Aug 2010, 16:10
Have a look at this temporary boxart:

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/4/7/1/347128ps_500h.jpg

Now, while we all know this is only a temporary boxart, what I'm more concerned about is the fact that it appears to be a GFWL game.

GFWL is a nightmare for PC gamers, featuring downgraded performance in games thanks to its poorly optimised UI and a lack of proper support from the developers of the damn thing.

What I would much rather have is Steamworks.

Steamworks offers the same, or similar, features as GFWL - except a whole darn lot better!

Steamworks offers a more robust chat system, with support for group chats (something GFWL lacks, even though Xbox LIVE has party chat).

Steamworks has a superior update system, updating your games before you play them (GFWL tells you about an update when you launch the game, then you have to wait for the download, then you have to exit and install the patch and then you can play).

Steamworks allows cloud-based syncing for your savegames, allowing you to log in to Steam anywhere and resume your game from where you left off.

I understand that this thread looks like it's just slagging off GFWL and praising Steam, but ultimately GFWL is a regressive DRM solution and actually makes it more frustrating to get into your games and enjoy them.

What are your thoughts?

Addendum: notice the now-retired Eidos publishing logo? That's how old this boxart is.

mad825
15th Aug 2010, 16:20
yay, goodie!

perhaps it wont feature, On-line activation which will save me time and effort in the long run

DeusWhatever
15th Aug 2010, 16:29
GFWL is a absolute Dealbreaker for me, i wont buy any game with this crap-software. I installed it once and this ****ty piece of junk will never be installed on any of my pcs again! (I used it first with GTAIV, i dont care what game it is, i dont want to install crappy software just to use the normal functionality of a game, my pc is for working and gaming, i dont and wont install junk-software.

DX3 + GFWL -> no buy

mad825
15th Aug 2010, 16:43
GFWL is a absolute Dealbreaker for me, i wont buy any game with this crap-software. I installed it once and this ****ty piece of junk will never be installed on any of my pcs again! (I used it first with GTAIV, i dont care what game it is, i dont want to install crappy software just to use the normal functionality of a game, my pc is for working and gaming, i dont and wont install junk-software.

figures, Rockstar were over-hyped about the existence of piracy (as you would read on page 8 of the "On liberty" manual) thus they made sure that the game was on-line verified with the extra add-on with the Rock-star club program, as you know all publishers think that on-line versification is "un-crackeable"

I hoping that SE isn't that paranoid.

It would have been better if it featured none of them or at least gave you the option.

DeusWhatever
15th Aug 2010, 16:48
I hoping that SE isn't that paranoid.

I hope they will suffer losses for that, i hope that tehre are many people like me that wont buy a game from rockstar again with this crappy extra-software (GFWL - Social Club - Secureom). So you needed 3 ****ty programms to run one game that was also the worst port i have ever played, the funny part was, this crap-software was running even if the game was not, slowing down your computer. I installed the game, uninstalled it and never used it again.

So next time i will check if any of this is requiered and if so, i simply wont buy the game, and hopefully many will do the same.

Is it really so hard too understand that people dont want to flood their pcs with crappy software that slows down the pc without offering any benefit? Steam is okay it has some flaws, but overall it has some benefits. But GFWL is just the worst software i can imagine, and even if it wasnt that bad, i dont want every game to use some new extra-programms. Imagine a world where every game is like GTAIV, if you install 7 games, you would have 21 extra programms that will run on every startup ...

Pretentious Old Man.
15th Aug 2010, 17:24
All provisional PC boxart has GFWL on it, even famously Steam-based games like Empire Total War had it on their provisional boxart.

Xenoc
15th Aug 2010, 17:32
I am betting it will be steam based, as long as they dont use the DRM Ubi****E use then I am happy. Besides I have DX1 on steam so...

Dr_Bob
15th Aug 2010, 17:33
I am betting it will be steam based, as long as they dont use the DRM Ubi****E use then I am happy. Besides I have DX1 on steam so...

Me too.

xsamitt
15th Aug 2010, 17:43
Me too.

Steam all the way baby.:lmao:

mad825
15th Aug 2010, 18:36
Steam is okay it has some flaws, but overall it has some benefits. But GFWL is just the worst software i can imagine, and even if it wasnt that bad, i dont want every game to use some new extra-programms. Imagine a world where every game is like GTAIV, if you install 7 games, you would have 21 extra programms that will run on every startup ...
start-up problems? just go to msconfig and untick from there or use a third-party maintenance program(which you should have) and block the process from there but Knowing me, I'll just resort to using cracks all the time :rolleyes: but in any case a DRM-free game is any PC gamer's heaven.
-----------------------------------------------------------

what's the point of this thread? from what I gather the game is being sold from steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/39170) so in theory it would be "steam compatible"...right?

xsamitt
15th Aug 2010, 18:39
start-up problems? just go to msconfig and untick from there or use a third-party maintenance program(which you should have) and block the process from there but Knowing me, I'll just resort to using cracks all the time :rolleyes: but in any case a DRM-free game is any PC gamer's heaven.
-----------------------------------------------------------

what's the point of this thread? from what I gather the game is being sold from steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/39170) so in theory it would be "steam compatible"...right?

Yes and not so long ago it was standard.My how the times have changed.Now we are all a bunch of cattle that have to be branded criminals.I'm referring to us P.C buying types who actually support our beloved titles.

mad825
15th Aug 2010, 18:58
Yes and not so long ago it was standard.My how the times have changed.Now we are all a bunch of cattle that have to be branded criminals.I'm referring to us P.C buying types who actually support our beloved titles.
*cough*
you are accusing me of something? even more so, are you accusing me of something that isn't even out yet? I could accuse you of the exact same thing directly at you, MR/MRS xsamitt, so just leave it.

xsamitt
15th Aug 2010, 19:06
*cough*
you are accusing me of something? even more so, are you accusing me of something that isn't even out yet? I could accuse you of the exact same thing directly at you, MR/MRS xsamitt, so just leave it.

Hi...Sorry .....Not accusing anyone at all.........Sometimes things aren't conveyed right in type... This is clearly once of those times.Actually looking at it now it does seem that way,but I was referring to something entirely different than that.It has nothing to do with you at all.My apology in any event.

DeusWhatever
15th Aug 2010, 19:34
The problem is, even if you get rid of them in the startup, they still will slow down your system over time, by planting junk in your registry etc. especially all the intrusive stuff.

Jerion
15th Aug 2010, 19:35
I'd prefer Steamworks, like Just Cause 2. GFWL has brought me nothing but headaches.

Freddo
15th Aug 2010, 19:45
yay, goodie!

perhaps it wont feature, On-line activation which will save me time and effort in the long run
That would be nice, I absolutely loathe online activations.

As such, I don't like Steamworks as it forces me to register the game online even if I buy it in retail. The optional GWFL method used in Fallout 3 is so much nicer.

Boo for Valve for bringing online activations to PC single player games with Half-Life 2 :thud:

Dr_Bob
15th Aug 2010, 20:00

Not all games on the Steam Store utilise Steamworks.

Steamworks offers the following features:

Persistent identity framework - Achievements, leaderboards, profiles, and avatars make your game come alive, building your community and providing a strong incentive to play more and recruit others.

Multiplayer matchmaking (useless for HR) - Steamworks' multiplayer back-end is powered by robust matchmaking and lobby technology. The same technology that drives the quick and accurate match-ups in Left 4 Dead can be used in your game. Works with both peer-to-peer and server-based games. Steamworks' built-in voice functionality enables players to work quickly to strategize their next misson.

The Steam Community - Your game becomes the talk of the town as part of Steam’s large and connected Steam Community. Friends will see friends playing your game and will be able to organize matches, compare achievements, and talk about the next match, sequels, favorite parts, or their favorite villain.

Official groups - Talk directly to your customers and invite gamers from across the Steam Community to be a part of your Official Group on Steam. Official Groups are run solely by you. You can organize matches, post concept art, announce news, or simply chat about anything you like with your customers. Each game and partner automatically has a spot reserved — it’s up to you to say what you like and connect with your customers.

In-game DLC - Sell additional content from within your game to the customers who want it most. Steamworks provides true in-game DLC, allowing customers to select, buy, and use DLC — all without leaving the game. Additionally, using Steamworks' DLC does not close off your other channels. You are still free to sell the content at retail, either with other online sites or through the Steam store.

Anti-cheat - With true cheat detection, keep cheaters from ruining it for the rest of us. Extend the life and sales of your game by making sure that the game plays as you intended it to when you shipped.

Access from any computer - Your customers can sign in and use their game from any PC or Mac. Access to their games is based on a customer account, not tied to a computer. Plus, with built-in offline mode, your customers can play on laptops when traveling — or anywhere else.

Voice chat - With built-in voice chat, players can talk to each other both inside and outside the game.

DeusWhatever
15th Aug 2010, 22:22
That would be nice, I absolutely loathe online activations.

As such, I don't like Steamworks as it forces me to register the game online even if I buy it in retail. The optional GWFL method used in Fallout 3 is so much nicer.

Boo for Valve for bringing online activations to PC single player games with Half-Life 2 :thud:

I choose Steam over GFWL any day. Yes Steam may have you activate the game online, but it is less intrusive then GFWL which even seems to be buggy and interfere with general performance ...

What i really like about steam is the usability, i just install the client on my laptop and my home-pc, connect with the internet and every of my games is beeing downloaded to each computer, i could even go to a friends home, and play at his pc, i think this account-based and not pc-based system is great. Especially for me, since i tend to loose or destroy my DVDs over the years.

ZakKa89
18th Aug 2010, 08:04
I have Dawn of War 2 on steam and it also has GFWL.

I hate it as well : ( Just xboxcrap

Kodaemon
18th Aug 2010, 08:32
GFWL is a nightmare for PC gamers

What I would much rather have is Steamworks.

So basically, this thread is about wanting to replace a piece of messy bloatware with another piece of messy bloatware.

ZakKa89
18th Aug 2010, 08:39
Shut it! Steam is awesome : )

Kodaemon
18th Aug 2010, 08:41
Go gave hot steamy love with Gabe Newell then.

Gordon_Shea
18th Aug 2010, 09:28
I thought I read somewhere that the game uses Steamworks, which would own. Steam basically owns.

I wouldn't be too worried, most games undergo GfW certification and seem to use live on promotional stuff even if they don't support it. Hell, some of them actually have the GfWL logo and stuff on them even if they don't use it!

Worst case, it'll be easily disabled like in GTA 4 or Fallout 3.

Xenoc
18th Aug 2010, 10:03
Guys/Gals it could be a whole lot worse and be forced to have a constant online connection such as the newest Ubisoft games... If that was the case then i would not buy the game!

Kodaemon
18th Aug 2010, 10:11
I won't buy it either if it's steamworks infested. Steamdoesntwork.

mad825
18th Aug 2010, 11:44
Guys/Gals it could be a whole lot worse and be forced to have a constant online connection such as the newest Ubisoft games... If that was the case then i would not buy the game!

I doubt that.

Ubisoft has tried on a few games but they have now given up and are now using Steamworks (another DRM failure) for the game R.U.S.E.

Dr_Bob
18th Aug 2010, 12:07
I won't buy it either if it's steamworks infested. Steamdoesntwork.

Looks like someone doesn't know how to use Steam!

Kodaemon
18th Aug 2010, 12:16
Looks like someone is trying to be funny!

Just look for the last Steam thread here, would you? I'm not going to explain this again.

MechBFP
18th Aug 2010, 13:04
Looks like someone is trying to be funny!

Just look for the last Steam thread here, would you? I'm not going to explain this again.

I can imagine, trying to lie all over again is hard, you can't remember the garbage you spewed the last time and don't want to contradict yourself.

Kodaemon
18th Aug 2010, 13:31
F*** this. Here goes:

Steam sucks. It sucks HARD. Especially for people with a slow internet connection.

There is no way to play a game without getting all possible updates once you install (you can only run a game in offline mode once it's been run at least once in online mode and updated).

So, sometimes it means that you have to download a couple of gigabytes of patches that you don't really need. See FEAR2: one gigabyte patch consisting mostly of new multiplayer maps. Which I have absolutely no use for.

And there's no way to download the patches outside of Steam either, which means I'm at its mercy. And Steam hates slow connections, I can't even log in most of the time sinc it times out.

Not to mention patches that actually break stuff, like the Great Source F***up of May 2010, when an update to Source broke most HL2 mods.

And even once you do download all that useless crap and can finally go into offline mode and disable updates (HALLELUJAH!), it lasts only for as long as Steam doesn't decide to hiccup and reset the autoupdate settings, forcing you to download another load of useless crap

Aside from forcing you to download stuff, there's other annoying stuff, like the fact that Steam requires all its games to be in one freaking folder. What's up with that? I like to be able to install my stuff wherever I want, damnit! And I'm not alone, it seems. Here's what a certain Eidos admin has to say: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86542 I bet he doesn't know how to use Steam either, haha...

GFWL for comparison? I just create an offline account and usually forget that the damn thing even exists.

mad825
18th Aug 2010, 13:37
*cough*
you have forgotten to mention the lack of consumer rights as well

Kodaemon
18th Aug 2010, 13:39
Consumers have no rights these days whatsoever, Steam just makes it more obvious.

Ilves
18th Aug 2010, 13:44
^ I was about to say. You're purchasing the rights to access a piece of software rather than actual physical ownership of it. It may be convenient for both parties in practice, but to me it's a matter of principle and it doesn't sit well with me at all.

Delever
18th Aug 2010, 14:19
May I remind you, that one does never buy a software, only a license to use it. On steam, license prohibits re-selling it.

ZakKa89
18th Aug 2010, 14:36
F*** this. Here goes:

Steam sucks. It sucks HARD. Especially for people with a slow internet connection.

There is no way to play a game without getting all possible updates once you install (you can only run a game in offline mode once it's been run at least once in online mode and updated).

So, sometimes it means that you have to download a couple of gigabytes of patches that you don't really need. See FEAR2: one gigabyte patch consisting mostly of new multiplayer maps. Which I have absolutely no use for.

And there's no way to download the patches outside of Steam either, which means I'm at its mercy. And Steam hates slow connections, I can't even log in most of the time sinc it times out.

Not to mention patches that actually break stuff, like the Great Source F***up of May 2010, when an update to Source broke most HL2 mods.

And even once you do download all that useless crap and can finally go into offline mode and disable updates (HALLELUJAH!), it lasts only for as long as Steam doesn't decide to hiccup and reset the autoupdate settings, forcing you to download another load of useless crap

Aside from forcing you to download stuff, there's other annoying stuff, like the fact that Steam requires all its games to be in one freaking folder. What's up with that? I like to be able to install my stuff wherever I want, damnit! And I'm not alone, it seems. Here's what a certain Eidos admin has to say: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86542 I bet he doesn't know how to use Steam either, haha...

GFWL for comparison? I just create an offline account and usually forget that the damn thing even exists.

You make some valid points :thumb:. Though, the F.E.A.R.2 example, is steam really to blame there? "Steam" Didn't create that patch.

Though I think steam still owns and I love it till death, I can see it needs some work here and there. Myself, I never had problems with it except for when it was just released. But yeah, everybody hated it back then :D

mad825
18th Aug 2010, 15:25
Consumers have no rights these days whatsoever, Steam just makes it more obvious.

It depends on where you live, here in the UK, I'm sure that there are consumer rights.

Having to be able to observe how a Trading standards officer would work day-in day-out, I can assure that it does. even so it's possible to ask for advice/help and they would also help you in civil matters...if it goes that far and the case seems reasonable.

but there is no cover in Steam, the only way to gain back the products/information that is lost would be,taking them to court.

Gordon_Shea
18th Aug 2010, 17:37
So, basically, Steam is bad because of things that Valve has no control over (IE terrible internet connections) and things that only a very small portion of the internet neckbeard community care about. Good to know, I guess?

mad825
18th Aug 2010, 17:45
So, basically, Steam is bad because of things that Valve has no control over (IE terrible internet connections) and things that only a very small portion of the internet neckbeard community care about. Good to know, I guess?
That would have made more sense if you repiled with "TL;DR" becuase you obliviously didn't read the ponits that Kodaemon made.

Gordon_Shea
18th Aug 2010, 17:59
That would have made more sense if you repiled with "TL;DR" becuase you obliviously didn't read the ponits that Kodaemon made.

No, I read them, and they seem to come down to patching being inconvenient and annoying on his slow connection, which again, is only really an issue for people with slow connections and little hardrive space for patches they don't need. Minor quibbles like the games being installed to the steamapps folder instead of wherever you want? Again, something only the neckbeard brigade have any care about.

Steam isn't perfect, but his complains were really spergy quibbles with no real substance.

DeusWhatever
18th Aug 2010, 18:28
Slow Internet: Almost everybody has a good internet-flat these days, even if you dont have one yourself, you can simply ask anybody with a good internetconection to download the files for you and copy them too your harddrive. If this is too much work, you can even simly login with your account on a friends computer and simply copy all dater from the steamfolder so you dont even have too search for the files needed.

Patches: Is it really steams fault, that developers sell buggy games? And most games force you to patch either way when they are MP-Games, and even if the game is SP, yes it may be annyoing if there are releasepatches you have to install in steam, still most of the time they are usefull or even needed.

Install where you want: Sry i really dont get this point because its stupid, normally everybod tends to install their games in a similar location, the only difference in Steam is, that you choose where every steamgame will be stored, still you decide where that place is when you install steam. So this point is not valid for me.

Still, yes steam hase some issues, and problems, yet i relly like it, i wouldnt want to switch back, for example after you reinstall your system, or if you lost game-dvds steam saves time, also the autoupdate is pretty great, you can still switch if off, the only problem seems to be the need to patch after the first installation, yet normally thats a good thing not a bad thing. Also its was really annoying, for example games like Supreme-Commander that had the most stupid patching-system where you had to download every patch in releaseorder just to get your game to a version to play online ...

pha
18th Aug 2010, 18:50
Why are you comparing Steam and GfWL like it's an absolute necessity to use one of them? :scratch:

mad825
18th Aug 2010, 19:19
Install where you want: Sry i really dont get this point because its stupid,
ahh, no, it isn't stupid at all.

unless your desktop is cluttered with short-cuts you would want to keep the install directory (primary and/or secondary, terchery..so forth ) clean as it allows to easily navigate through the GUI even so it allows you to keep an eye on any malicious (PUPs) programs that may have been installed without your prior permission.

With the installed programs in a particular manner it allows you to act in a certain manner as this is where the "custom" scan comes in very nicely on your everyday AV.

although I must admit, it's very OCD but it makes life better when you live most of your life by the computer.

Pinky_Powers
18th Aug 2010, 20:14
I moved over to Windows 7 a couple months ago. But only just a few days ago did I get around to installing Steam. The bloody thing recognized each and every game sleeping in the old Steam folder on my F: drive. It saw that all the old files were there, and all the previous updates where still there, and just added the most recent ones. This bizarre magic box never once needed to reinstall any of them... they just work!

Steam is awesome.

Gordon_Shea
18th Aug 2010, 20:59
Why are you comparing Steam and GfWL like it's an absolute necessity to use one of them? :scratch:

It isn't, but a lot of people like Steamworks because it's extremely convenient and has a lot of features like achievements, friendslists for multiplayer, and so on. Plus most developers see fit to include some kind of DRM so it might as well be something like Steamworks where it adds features and stuff.

DeusWhatever
19th Aug 2010, 00:29
ahh, no, it isn't stupid at all.

Well, i'll simply put it that way, i have no clue what youre talking about :scratch:

My argument was pointed at people that would just install games in a "Games" Directory, which could be accomplished by steam.

Yet a very stupid question:
Why is it even necessary to "Install" games?
For example i have most of my games ona seperate "Games" Partition, when i reinstall windows, all registry entries etc. should be gone, still most of the games will work if i simply start the exe in the gamefolder and enter the disc, so i ask myself why do i need to install them and make them create registry-entries in the first place?

@Pinky_Powers
Thats exactly what makes steam such a great thing for me. I wouldnt even want to know how long it would take to manually install the 15 games i have in steam.

Also i enjoy their specials, if any1 is bored, buy "Borderlands" you can get it in steam for 10 Dollars, 20 with all DLC, its a pretty nice game.

mad825
19th Aug 2010, 02:57
Well, i'll simply put it that way, i have no clue what youre talking about :scratch:

My argument was pointed at people that would just install games in a "Games" Directory, which could be accomplished by steam.

normally everybod tends to install their games in a similar location
from what I gather from here is that you were saying the typical, default install directory which is damn right stupid to do so, which activated my Schadenfreude-ness within me :)

Yet a very stupid question:
Why is it even necessary to "Install" games?
For example i have most of my games ona seperate "Games" Partition, when i reinstall windows, all registry entries etc. should be gone, still most of the games will work if i simply start the exe in the gamefolder and enter the disc, so i ask myself why do i need to install them and make them create registry-entries in the first place?

it's rather self explanatory however it's easier,you get more "options" with the Wizard.
some times if you can be asked you can make cheap,dirty "cracks" if you have the .ISO in location with regkeys

pringlepower
19th Aug 2010, 03:27
from what I gather from here is that you were saying the typical, default install directory which is damn right stupid to do so, which activated my Schadenfreude-ness within me :)

it's rather self explanatory however it's easier,you get more "options" with the Wizard.
some times if you can be asked you can make cheap,dirty "cracks" if you have the .ISO in location with regkeys

Installations do something with registry keys, though what their effects are I still don't know.

There was one time where a bad uninstall of KOTOR left a registry key unmodified, so while the files were deleted the computer still saw KOTOR as installed, thus I couldn't reinstall it.

Xenoc
19th Aug 2010, 08:36
I moved over to Windows 7 a couple months ago. But only just a few days ago did I get around to installing Steam. The bloody thing recognized each and every game sleeping in the old Steam folder on my F: drive. It saw that all the old files were there, and all the previous updates where still there, and just added the most recent ones. This bizarre magic box never once needed to reinstall any of them... they just work!

Steam is awesome.

this ^^

Dr_Bob
19th Aug 2010, 18:25
Sorry for the late post, everyone, but I was busy enjoying the Steam Midweek Madness sale, which had Borderlands on sale for only £6.79!

F*** this. Here goes:

Bam, the start of all your problems.

Steam doesn't suck - your Internet connection sucks.

1) You can right click on a game and choose the 'Do not update this game automatically' option.
2) Wouldn't you rather play a more recent version of the game that you bought instead of a potentially buggy, older version? Rhetorical question, by the way.

That's not Steam's fault.

Steam makes it easy for developers to ensure that all their customers are running the same version.

I like how Steam find updates to my games automatically; it means I don't have to search for patches on various websites.

Oh dear, you clearly don't know what you are talking about here.

This patch actually brought Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One to the Source 2009 engine, adding in new visual effects such as dynamic flashlight shadows, new particles, new character models and achievements, to boot.

Valve have stated that the modders should have been keeping their mods updated, regardless of whether or not this update broke them.

So it's not Steam's fault, it's not Valve's fault - it's the lazy modders' fault.

Besides, this update re-invigorated Half-Life 2 for me, so I'm glad Valve finally released this update.

"Useless crap". Heh.

Every update is "useless crap"!!

The free Team Fortress 2 content updates are "useless [pieces of] crap"!!

The patches that eliminate bugs from games I bought are "useless [pieces of] crap"!!

Oh my God, you are complaining about something that actually makes your games easier to access?

Even without Steam, I install my games to one specific location - the games hard drive disk.

GFWL is a menace and is just a poor attempt at emulating the Xbox LIVE service on the PC.

Steam... Steam is awesome, to say the least.

Steam is awesome.

A very useful feature of Steam, if I may say so.

No, I read them, and they seem to come down to patching being inconvenient and annoying on his slow connection, which again, is only really an issue for people with slow connections and little hardrive space for patches they don't need. Minor quibbles like the games being installed to the steamapps folder instead of wherever you want? Again, something only the neckbeard brigade have any care about.

Steam isn't perfect, but his complains were really spergy quibbles with no real substance.

Hear hear.

Danjun
23rd Aug 2010, 06:39
I'd simply say that if they're not making multiplayer or any online-play, don't DRM or make use of internet connection at all.

However, if it's going to be GFWL, I'd prefer Steam.. or make both versions like GFWL and Steam. BUT yeah, Steam first cus it rocks.

But this doesn't help the people with slow/no connections, because it's lame if they're saying like NO ONLINE PLAY and still internet connection.. yeah?

DeusWhatever
23rd Aug 2010, 11:49
But this doesn't help the people with slow/no connections, because it's lame if they're saying like NO ONLINE PLAY and still internet connection.. yeah?

Still, thats the developers fault. If they would beta-test their games more, and if they didnt release games as "Alpha" people wouldnt have to download huge patches.

Still i dont see the problem with internet, even if you dont have fast internet yourself (that is standard nowadays), its almost impossible that you dont have any friend that could download patches for you.

Red
23rd Aug 2010, 13:39
Hehehe, I like the tags for this topic :D