PDA

View Full Version : First Gameplay Trailer. 8am PDT today.

Pages : [1] 2

sonicsidewinder
13th Aug 2010, 14:17
http://twitter.com/SquareEnixSonia/status/21043928055

Exited?

TrickyVein
13th Aug 2010, 14:23
Wait...when? Pacific daylight time? Huh? It's ~ 10:30 Eastern Standard Time now, so what is that, like around half an hour from now?

ZakKa89
13th Aug 2010, 14:25
I'm guessing this gameplay trailer will be on gamescom next week as well.

WOW it will be up in half an hour!!!!

OMG

Bono
13th Aug 2010, 14:26
Yesterday BS Infinite, now this. Great week I gotta say (yeah, I'm saying this before I see DXHR gameplay trailer and get devastatingly disappointed)

ThePrecursor
13th Aug 2010, 14:28
I'm very excited. Wonder why they decided to show us official gameplay before Gamescom though.

TrickyVein
13th Aug 2010, 14:32
Bono, don't be a sourpuss.

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 14:40
Its been a good week. My jaw will drop off if its new gameplay.
Cmon EM put that sexy combat music in just for me :)

Sabretooth1
13th Aug 2010, 14:43
I'm excited either way if it means we get HD version of the gameplay footage (which I still have on my hard disk >_> )

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 14:45
I'm excited either way if it means we get HD version of the gameplay footage (which I still have on my hard disk >_> )

Me too ;)

Tecman
13th Aug 2010, 14:46
I'll be happy either way, although I'm silently hoping for some new footage. Maybe even a HUD/Inventory...

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 14:50
They're not specifying which Deus Ex. Could Square Enix pull off the ultimate rickroll by showing us IW footage?
Dun dun dun

Sabretooth1
13th Aug 2010, 14:52
I'm sure this won't be the "1st gameplay trailer" for Invisible War, sorry to get your hopes down. :D

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 14:53
I'm sure this won't be the "1st gameplay trailer" for Invisible War, sorry to get your hopes down. :D

Well there goes my sadistic fantasy

Sabretooth1
13th Aug 2010, 14:56
Well, there's always Deus Ex: Invisible War 2 to wish for.

Esnuk
13th Aug 2010, 14:58
Oh my God! I can not wait!

Sabretooth1
13th Aug 2010, 15:02
AND WE'RE ON (http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/deus-ex-human-evolution-trailer).

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 15:04

Damn you're fast.

So it's actually pretty short. And Shanghai looks beautiful when its resolution isn't total crap.

Sabretooth1
13th Aug 2010, 15:07
Damn you're fast.

I should think so, I spotted the CG trailer a full 15 minutes before it got released. :whistle:

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 15:09
It's gone!

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 15:10
Damn good. The voices were much nicer than I anticipated and the effects are well detailed.

Tecman
13th Aug 2010, 15:13
This (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14220588/deus-ex-3/videos/gamescom10_deusex_trl_gameplaytrailer_81210.html?show=hi) is where I saw it. Eh, not much, but still nice to see. :)

Ashpolt

AND WE'RE OFF AGAIN! Bugger. Anyone got a new link?

I assume from the fact that it's being called a "gameplay trailer" and not "gameplay footage" - as well as the fact that it's been described here as short - that this won't just be better quality footage of the E3 demo, but more a montage-style affair. Hopefully it won't be all about the action.

[EDIT] OK, seen it now thanks to the link above, and it's just a montage of bits from the section we've already seen in the leaked footage. Disappointing (though not at all surprising) but at least we got to see it in decent quality at last. Hate to flog the dead horse, but anyone else notice that, once again, the majority of the gameplay shown here was third person? They showed very, very little first person gameplay in this trailer.

On the positive side: Is that a hint of DX1 music from 2:07 to 2:13?

Pretentious Old Man.
It's gone!

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 15:14
Ann Brogan I think the hackers name is.

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/769/deus-ex-human-revolution-gamescom-trailer.html

Sabretooth1
13th Aug 2010, 15:14
It's basically the same footage as from the leak, but most of it in third-person, with clearer voices and quick cuts. Yes, it has plenty of third-person, and I find that very worrying.

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 15:16
It's basically the same footage as from the leak, but most of it in third-person, with clearer voices and quick cuts. Yes, it has plenty of third-person, and I find that very worrying.

Its going to be the exact same footage as E3 just HD and some polish. Remember this is just a trailer.

Esnuk
13th Aug 2010, 15:16
The trailer is breathtaking! :eek:

Sabretooth1
13th Aug 2010, 15:17
Okay, download here (http://egtveuro.s3.amazonaws.com/movies/deusexgamescomfri_stream_h264v2_large.mp4?AWSAccessKeyId=0XCAJPH9PTY72X5Q7AR2&Expires=1281715811&Signature=gQTLmMlEaHGqYBW7E5jvjp70SUU%3D)

Analysis here (http://xbox-360.nowgamer.com/video/play/1143/deus-ex-human-revolution-gameplay-analysis). (Not very informative, and they misspelled Adam Jensen. What the **** gives?)

pringlepower
It's on Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/5612092/your-first-look-at-deus-ex-gameplay?skyline=true&s=i

And probably everywhere else. It is an official release after all.

sonicsidewinder
After all that waiting hahah.

Good stuff.
Cheers for the links folks.

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 15:19
Heng Sha has watermelons for only 99 cents?

Golden age indeed

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 15:19
Notice tongs got facial scars like the guy in the CGI trailer has on his arms. Could be a good explanation for that somewhere.

ThePrecursor
13th Aug 2010, 15:21
They actually got rid of the awkward angle of the takedown when Adam hits the guy in the basement of the Hive :) Overall facial animations have also improved. The only thing I wonder is why they didn't put in little snippets of other levels in the trailer. I guess we're going to see them later on then.

Sabretooth1
13th Aug 2010, 15:23
Anyone else notice that the gameplay seems to be dropping frames at times, like where he breaks the wall or when Barrett appears? Or is it just me?

Also, the gold is just starting to get to me now. The trailer felt like it was used to strain urine or something. There's gold here, there, everywhere. The Mass Effect 1 era graphics don't help really. Maybe it's just unfair they had to release this the day after BioShock Infinite's trailer. >_>

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 15:23
I'm betting they're gonna show a lot at TGS.
SE is wanting this to be a good seller so no doubt they'll wanna show it off big time back home.

sonicsidewinder
13th Aug 2010, 15:29
Onto the reversed footage of Barret's Chain-gun arm. Doesn't seem right knowing it happens the other way round.
Ok trailer non-the less. Better for people who havn't seen a thing yet.

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Aug 2010, 15:31
Very disappointing. Somehow, I much preferred the leaked footage to this action packed crap. What happened to subtlety? To understatement?

Still, since it's basically a montage of what we've already seen, I'm still reserving judgement. Starting to really hate those ghastly blades though.

Artfunkel
13th Aug 2010, 15:47
Lovely lovely 720p download here. (http://www.gametrailers.com/download/702812/t_deusexhr_gamepreveal_excl_hd.wmv)

Esnuk
13th Aug 2010, 15:49
Ann Brogan I think the hackers name is.

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/769/deus-ex-human-revolution-gamescom-trailer.html

His name is Arie van Bruggen. ;)

avenging_teabag
13th Aug 2010, 15:49
Very disappointing. Somehow, I much preferred the leaked footage to this action packed crap. What happened to subtlety? To understatement?
It's a videogame trailer, they're not usually big on subtlety and understatement.

Still, pretty disappointing. They could've at least shown a few seconds of new stuff, aside from Barrett's chaingun-arm. Animations look better than in shakycam, but I don't give a fig about that, really.

ThePrecursor
13th Aug 2010, 15:53
I
Still, pretty disappointing. They could've at least shown a few seconds of new stuff, aside from Barrett's chaingun-arm. Animations look better than in shakycam, but I don't give a fig about that, really.

True. Seeing as this is what they'll be showing on Gamescom that means we'll have to wait longer for new stuff.

TGS will start on September the 16th so I doubt new stuff will surface there, the gap between that and Gamescom is just too small.

ZakKa89
13th Aug 2010, 15:56
Lovely, but nothing I haven't already seen from the e3 demo : (

Though it;s till is too awesome for my hypemeter to comprehend. I WANT IT NOW

beastrn
13th Aug 2010, 16:00
Well that seals the deal really.

This is the game they're portraying and the target audience they want to hit. No more debates or arguments.

Disappointing but of course expected.

avenging_teabag
13th Aug 2010, 16:00
I wonder if this is the guy who blows his own head off at the terminal.

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Aug 2010, 16:01
It also seems rather graphically lacklustre to me. The environments are good, but the NPCs and especially Adam are really quite blocky. Perhaps I'm spoiled on the stellar Mafia II demo that I've been playing the hell out of last few days.

Or (fingers crossed) the trailer was from the console version.

oxoxoxo
13th Aug 2010, 16:05
the gameplay has to come out the day after my glasses got flushed away by the river which almost killed me??
how lovely :\

not much new stuff to see, but the game sure is looking pretty ˇ ˇ ˇ

ZakKa89
13th Aug 2010, 16:06
I love it that the double takedown animation is different from the one we saw of the e3 footage. They are the same guys, so this means you won't see the same takedown animation when you replay the level.

This is very good.

Also, I noticed he had to aim a bit high with the crossbow. It also seemed that wind was a factor. I liked that a lot as well.

ZakKa89
13th Aug 2010, 16:07
It also seems rather graphically lacklustre to me. The environments are good, but the NPCs and especially Adam are really quite blocky. Perhaps I'm spoiled on the stellar Mafia II demo that I've been playing the hell out of last few days.

It doesn't look amazing I agree, but still looks good enough.

And yeah, the Mafia 2 demo is amazing!

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 16:09
I love it that the double takedown animation is different from the one we saw of the e3 footage. They are the same guys, so this means you won't see the same takedown animation when you replay the level.

This is very good.

Also, I noticed he had to aim a bit high with the crossbow. It also seemed that wind was a factor. I liked that a lot as well.

The scope seems to calibrate for that. Cool beans.

DeusWhatever
13th Aug 2010, 16:10
Hmm, textures and characters look pretty bad, is this the console version?
Also the body-model of the female dancer looks unrealistic.

Jerion
13th Aug 2010, 16:11

I'm positive those were console version graphics in the trailer.

Wasn't too impressed by the huam animation in the 360p version I saw. It looked stiff and not really organic. Maybe it'll be better when I get to see an HD version.

Nyysjan
13th Aug 2010, 16:21
Dissapointing imo.
Especially i disliked that he told the bartender why he was looking for the guy, seems like a bad idea unless you are really thight with him, better to come up with a coverstory of somekind, or just say non of your business and offer a bribe.
3rd person cover did not impress, neither did the fighting sequences or the takedown.
Also, i hated the armor, too blocky (yes, it's logical to wear armor when fighting, but still), i hope there's an option to use the coat instead, even with lessened protection (i intend to play stealthy approach anyway, nobody should see me coming, or going).
Also, the wall punch seemed to come out of nowhere, it's like he just decided to punch a random wall and then found someone on the otherside so he snapped the guys neck.

And yes, i know i'm probably complaining too much and overreacting.

I do give brownie points of showing Adam hiding in an air vent though, we need more of that. ;)

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 16:23
Dissapointing imo.
Especially i disliked that he told the bartender why he was looking for the guy, seems like a bad idea unless you are really thight with him, better to come up with a coverstory of somekind, or just say non of your business and offer a bribe.
3rd person cover did not impress, neither did the fighting sequences or the takedown.
Also, i hated the armor, too blocky (yes, it's logical to wear armor when fighting, but still), i hope there's an option to use the coat instead, even with lessened protection (i intend to play stealthy approach anyway, nobody should see me coming, or going).
Also, the wall punch seemed to come out of nowhere, it's like he just decided to punch a random wall and then found someone on the otherside so he snapped the guys neck.

And yes, i know i'm probably complaining too much and overreacting.

I do give brownie points of showing Adam hiding in an air vent though, we need more of that. ;)

He saw the guy behind the wall using x-ray vision. It was in the trailer... 2 seconds before he punched the wall.

biofuel
13th Aug 2010, 16:24
generic

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Aug 2010, 16:25
Console players saying it's a prototype ripoff in 5...4...3...2...1...

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 16:25
Console players saying it's a prototype ripoff in 5...4...3...2...1...

Nothing yet, just the inevitable Ezio comparisons

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Aug 2010, 16:26
Nothing yet, just the inevitable Ezio comparisons

It will come.

Kodaemon
13th Aug 2010, 16:32
And to think that could be avoided simply by having all gameplay in first person...

Ilves
13th Aug 2010, 16:33
Toufexis' very casual sounding delivery is refreshing, gotta say. :thumb: Other than that, meh.

Jerion
13th Aug 2010, 16:34
The thing of it all is that there's actually not much gameplay in that movie! It's mostly cut together cinematic angles and such.

Sabretooth1
13th Aug 2010, 16:50
Hmm, textures and characters look pretty bad, is this the console version?

I don't know about textures, but I agree with the female dancer, I noticed that too. Somehow this whole trailer doesn't sit right with me.

Icarus AI
13th Aug 2010, 16:52
I dont mind action oriented trailers, but I hate when games are trying to emulate movies and trying to be cinematic. It just seems pretentious and shallow. With the lame musics, ticking bombs and etc it justs seems like something you would have thought was cool when you were 12. Nothing in the trailer delivers any sort of resemblance or connection towards what I consider to be Deus Ex. Even IW had better trailers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yvjscaOenM&feature=related).

Deus_Ex_Machina
13th Aug 2010, 16:53
So, after watching the new trailer,...

mainstreamed game is mainstreamed?

Also, click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heY15iUzZZs&fmt=18).

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 16:53
I dont mind action oriented trailers, but I hate when games are trying to emulate movies and trying to be cinematic. It just seems pretentious and shallow. With the lame musics, ticking bombs and etc it justs seems like something you would have thought was cool when you were 12. Nothing in the trailer delivers any sort of resemblance or connection towards what I consider to be Deus Ex. Even IW had better trailers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yvjscaOenM&feature=related).

A ticking bomb is ALWAYS cool

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 17:05

Thank you good sir. That was driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

Okay, download here (http://egtveuro.s3.amazonaws.com/movies/deusexgamescomfri_stream_h264v2_large.mp4?AWSAccessKeyId=0XCAJPH9PTY72X5Q7AR2&Expires=1281715811&Signature=gQTLmMlEaHGqYBW7E5jvjp70SUU%3D)

Analysis here (http://xbox-360.nowgamer.com/video/play/1143/deus-ex-human-revolution-gameplay-analysis). (Not very informative, and they misspelled Adam Jensen. What the **** gives?)

That analysis is a bit BS.

The Ezio comparisons are driving me mad. If people are gonna compare him to Ezio then I guess I should compare Ezio to Baraka right? I mean he appeared freaking years before AC.

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 17:08
-snip- sorry double post

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 17:12
Thank you good sir. That was driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

That analysis is a bit BS.

The Ezio comparisons are driving me mad. If people are gonna compare him to Ezio then I guess I should compare Ezio to Baraka right? I mean he appeared freaking years before AC.

He's recent and well-known, and has blades that come out of his forearms. What's wrong with the comparison.

avenging_teabag
13th Aug 2010, 17:13
A ticking bomb is ALWAYS cool
Oh my god Adam a bomb.

A bomb.

Jerion
13th Aug 2010, 17:14
You made my day. :D

He's recent and well-known, and has blades that come out of his forearms. What's wrong with the comparison.

Pretty much everything else. Can't blame the comparison though, given the way the trailer was made.

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 17:14
Oh my god Adam a bomb.

A bomb.

God bless you

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 17:17

I guess comparison peaks interests in some people. Technically not a bad thing but hearing everyone say it a million times is gonna get old.

Jerion
13th Aug 2010, 17:25
Okay, watched it again...clearer thoughts on it:

Animation seems a little stiff and kinda 'wuh'.

I wish there was more actual gameplay shown, but maybe that'll come later.

Music was great...the little bit that comes up with the logo at 2:04 and then with the shot of the chopper- lovely.

InGroove2
13th Aug 2010, 17:35
Okay, watched it again...clearer thoughts on it:

Animation seems a little stiff and kinda 'wuh'.

I wish there was more actual gameplay shown, but maybe that'll come later.

Music was great...the little bit that comes up with the logo at 2:04 and then with the shot of the chopper- lovely.

i was going to suggest that at that moment, that low synth sound is harkening back to the opening synth on the OG DX theme.... not the theme itself... but that opening low synth that lays out one note... then drops a 4th (i think its a 4th, cant hear it well on my work comp.)\

EDIT:
yeah, it's a 4th. which i think is the same as the DX theme... i will also add that the buildup following those notes reflects a similar build up to where the theme in DX actually pops in...

maybe it's wishful thinking...

EDIT: upon more investigation... the OG DX theme does start with that same interbval in a low synth followed by a build up... AND at roughly the same tempo and in a minor key.

maybe it's conspiratorial thinking...

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Aug 2010, 17:55
Yeah the music was good. I still wanna hear the original DX theme in there somewhere, mind.

InGroove2
13th Aug 2010, 17:59
Yeah the music was good. I still wanna hear the original DX theme in there somewhere, mind.

did you get what i was suggesting?

TrickyVein
13th Aug 2010, 18:03
I noticed that more guards than just the one black, English dude wear the "egg-carton" style of combat armor.

Otherwise, it's what was at E3, only less gameplay and more polish - this is good for a trailer, I suppose, but bad for us blokes trying to ween what the gameplay is actually about. Which defeats the purpose of calling it a "gameplay" trailer. Hmm.

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Aug 2010, 18:06
did you get what i was suggesting?

Yes I did, I thought the exact same thing. However, I immediately passed it off as a complete coincidence.

Until I hear the melody of the DX theme, I shall not be happy.

Lo Bruto
13th Aug 2010, 18:09
Aren't you guys raising the bar way too much for this game? You know... it's not going to be the perfect game, right?

TrickyVein
13th Aug 2010, 18:10
Wrong.

Ilves
13th Aug 2010, 18:11
Somehow, I much preferred the leaked footage to this action packed crap. What happened to subtlety? To understatement?

I totally imagined the Square trailers were pushing the max amount of flashy action to reel in a broader public, and now we'd finally get to business at Gamescom with some serious gameplay and hefty story presentations. But I guess the taste-buds of the 15-20 demographic need a little more pampering.

That torso is all over the place... Most NPC's look like way too template-y, like they were randomly generated with Poser or something.

On a brighter note, I never noticed Barrett's thudding approach in the leaked footage before... That's just what was missing. :lol:

InGroove2
13th Aug 2010, 18:24
Yes I did, I thought the exact same thing. However, I immediately passed it off as a complete coincidence.

Until I hear the melody of the DX theme, I shall not be happy.

fair enough. but the arrival of that bit of music at the arrivbal of the logo... seems like kisment to me.

if i were a betting man, i'd put my money on hearing the theme in there.

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Aug 2010, 18:30
fair enough. but the arrival of that bit of music at the arrivbal of the logo... seems like kisment to me.

if i were a betting man, i'd put my money on hearing the theme in there.

There was an interview with Belletete or someone who said that "some people in the office liked the theme, some hated it and thought it was dated", so I took that as a soft way of saying "sorry guys, it ain't gonna be there".

InGroove2
13th Aug 2010, 18:34
There was an interview with Belletete or someone who said that "some people in the office liked the theme, some hated it and thought it was dated", so I took that as a soft way of saying "sorry guys, it ain't gonna be there".

i read that, what you're saying is a bit out of context. like i said, though. fair enough. i admit my observations are probably meaningless.

SageSavage
13th Aug 2010, 18:36
This trailer did nothing for me. If anything it made me realize how aged the graphics and animations already look. I am starting to think that it's not because of alpha-state but how it's actually going to look in the final product. Contrary to that I am very excited about the "Bioshock Infinite"-trailer.

PenguinsFriend
13th Aug 2010, 18:43
This looked worse then the origional. Adam moves too fast from cover to cover - I'm begining to be down on this game :(

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 18:51
Aren't you guys raising the bar way too much for this game? You know... it's not going to be the perfect game, right?

No **** but its gonna be more fun than most of the stuff being released. Of all the franchise games that are coming out this is looking the most promising.

Nyysjan
13th Aug 2010, 18:52

Nobody's asking for perfect, what were after is reasonably like the original in style and feel, with some improvements to the flaws that the original had.

But what we seem to be getting is some superficial similarity in an otherwise cookiecutter game.
Maybe we're overreacting, maybe it's a perception issue, but every damn bit of info seems to be downright designed to evoke feelings of despair from the fans of original DX.

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Aug 2010, 18:55
No **** but its gonna be more fun than most of the stuff being released. Of all the franchise games that are coming out this is looking the most promising.

This, Mafia II, and Shogun 2: TW for me.

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 19:01

I must say, Civilization Five.

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Aug 2010, 19:01
I must say, Civilization Five.

And that.

ZakKa89
13th Aug 2010, 19:08
I agree with above statements. But you guys are forgetting Portal 2 : )

I don't understand the negative respsones. Yes it doesn't look amazing, but IMO still looks good enough. Also, it's just shanghai we are seeing here.

I think it's strange that the framerate of the trailer seems a bit low. Even the cam-recorded e3 footage seemed smoother in animation.

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 19:10
I agree with above statements. But you guys are forgetting Portal 2 : )

I don't understand the negative respsones. Yes it doesn't look amazing, but IMO still looks good enough. Also, it's just shanghai we are seeing here.

I think it's strange that the framerate of the trailer seems a bit low. Even the cam-recorded e3 footage seemed smoother in animation.

Oh right Portal too. And Dragon Age. And The Witcher. If I were more vain I'd think the Illumnati are trying to destroy my life by manipulating game companies to release all these goodies while I'm trying to apply to universities. Those bastards.

Irate_Iguana
13th Aug 2010, 20:04
Boxguard kicks ass, just like always.

Too bad they showed none of the switched between the 3rd person view and the 1st person view. I was interested in finding out if they managed to improve the transition and smoothen it out.

ZakKa89
13th Aug 2010, 20:06
Let's hope we will see a lot more from the gamescom footage next week : )

O man I want to gooooo

Irate_Iguana
13th Aug 2010, 20:08
Let's hope we will see a lot more from the gamescom footage next week : )

They recycled material for this teaser trailer. What makes you think that there will be actual new material? Keep in mind that we are talking about EM and SE here.

Corpus
13th Aug 2010, 20:09
My money is still on TGS for any new footage of similar length to what we're gonna see.

Ashpolt
13th Aug 2010, 20:35
I don't understand the negative respsones. Yes it doesn't look amazing, but IMO still looks good enough.

That's exactly the thing. This is (meant to be) a Deus Ex game, and that being the case, "good enough" is not good enough! Invisible War was "good enough."

Unless you're talking specifically about the graphics and animations, in which case I couldn't care less. It can look like the rear end of a cow for all I care, so long as it plays well. I have far more concerns about the gameplay than I do about the presentation.

3rdmillhouse
13th Aug 2010, 20:43
That was a good trailer, for a first person shooter. I hope EM doesn't forget that they're making a Deus Ex game...

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 20:44
That was a good trailer, for a first person shooter. I hope EM doesn't forget that they're making a Deus Ex game...

Don't worry. If their memory ever goes wonky, all they need to do is look at the freaking title of the game.

KSingh77
13th Aug 2010, 20:57
And orange soda,not limon.

El_Bel
13th Aug 2010, 20:59
Looking at both trailers (Bioshock vs HR) i predict that Bioshock will sell like mad and that people will not have money to buy HR. 3d person gimmicks dont attract the world as much as they used to. We have thousands of those games already. Notice that Bioshock never left first person.

pringlepower
13th Aug 2010, 21:09
Looking at both trailers (Bioshock vs HR) i predict that Bioshock will sell like mad and that people will not have money to buy HR. 3d person gimmicks dont attract the world as much as they used to. We have thousands of those games already. Notice that Bioshock never left first person.

Bioshock comes out in 2012 so I think the money-draining problem is moot.

avenging_teabag
13th Aug 2010, 21:10
Yeah, because internet poster El Bel clearly represents the world.

Really, you're something.

3rdmillhouse
13th Aug 2010, 21:11
Yeah, because internet poster El Bel clearly represents the world.

Really, you're something.

I agree, he's so awesome he makes my trunks wet.

biofuel
13th Aug 2010, 21:11

The irony being of course that when you played Deus Ex, you felt like you were *in* a movie playing the lead character.

Many, many have tried and many will try again, but the truth is Human Revolution won't feel like you're in the middle of a real-life movie plot developing around you; it will probably feel like it feels to play the other games which never could be what Deus Ex was or is.

But hey the landscape's changed, they *must* sell X number of units et cetera, et cetera, so its probably to be expected. Nevertheless, we live in hope....

El_Bel
13th Aug 2010, 21:46
Bioshock comes out in 2012 so I think the money-draining problem is moot.

Who said HR is coming sooner?

Anyway my point is that Bioshock does its own thing, while HR copies from all the trendy games.

Rindill the Red
13th Aug 2010, 21:47
The trailer is pandering to a crowd... not the original Deus Ex fans... but what I will term the "CoD Crowd". Plenty of action -- cinematic -- excitement -- etc.

They don't need to get us interested.

But they do want to get a whole new consumer base interested... so they pander to them.

SageSavage
13th Aug 2010, 22:10

Anyway my point is that Bioshock does its own thing, while HR copies from all the trendy games.
I don't wanna go so far to make any predictions about the actual games but Irrational's render-trailer left me far more impressed and hopeful than this half-assed gameplay-trailer that looks as if it was cut together mostly with receycled tech-demo material. Bioshock may have disappointed with it's simplified gameplay but I still think that Levine is passionate and bold enough to create artistically mindblowing games for adults. Those are qualities that I increasingly feel to be absent from the people in charge of DXHR. The vibe I am getting from EM is that of a team that is frantically trying to deliver a (financial and critical) 'surprise-hit' instead of the best game they can imagine.

Daedalus CiarĂ¡n
13th Aug 2010, 22:15
Maybe I just didn't notice it the first time 'round in the bootleg but did anyone else feel that, after the two person takedown, the shift back into first person, the bit that we saw anyway, was quite slow? I mean, there's a good two seconds where AJ is just standing there presumably incapable of moving...

Also, why does the cloak deactivate mid takedown? What sense does that make? If it stayed on then their might just be a decent get-out-of-jail-free-card for why AJ will be able to spend several seconds standing around doing nothing, while the camera takes its sweet feckin time moving into position, and not get his hole shot off.

Maybe I'll get the game when there are decent mods out to change that sort of thing. Or if EM change it.

Pinky_Powers
13th Aug 2010, 22:23
I don't wanna go so far to make any predictions about the actual games but Irrational's render-trailer left me far more impressed and hopeful than this half-assed gameplay-trailer that looks as if it was cut together mostly with receycled tech-demo material. Bioshock may have disappointed with it's simplified gameplay but I still think that Levine is passionate and bold enough to create artistically mindblowing games for adults. Those are qualities that I increasingly feel to be absent from the people in charge of DXHR. The vibe I am getting from EM is that of a team that is frantically trying to deliver a (financial and critical) 'surprise-hit' instead of the best game they can imagine.

I'm crazy with excitement over what I've heard about BIOSHOCK Infinite. I loved the first game, but I took some issues with it. It sounds like most of those could be gone in this new game.

biofuel
13th Aug 2010, 22:58
The trailer is pandering to a crowd... not the original Deus Ex fans... but what I will term the "CoD Crowd".

I should patent the term "Cheeseburgers at Mcdonalds" gameplayers, i'd be a rich man.

Serendip1ty
13th Aug 2010, 23:03
Much like the previous games the engine won't be a strong point of the game both graphic & animation wise by the looks of it, oh well... no suprise there i guess. Slightly dissapointed with the overall direction & presentation (-> very generic) of the trailer but still some hope left it will turn out to be a decent game worth playing.

JackShandy
13th Aug 2010, 23:11
I don't wanna go so far to make any predictions about the actual games but Irrational's render-trailer left me far more impressed and hopeful than this half-assed gameplay-trailer that looks as if it was cut together mostly with receycled tech-demo material.

What's the bet that over on the Bioshock forums, they're going "Pfft, this Infinite trailer sucks! Now, Human Revolution- THAT looks like a good game."

Pinky_Powers
13th Aug 2010, 23:14
Much like the previous games the engine won't be a strong point of the game both graphic & animation wise by the looks of it, oh well... no suprise there i guess. Slightly dissapointed with the overall direction & generic presentation of the trailer but still some hope left it will turn out to be a decent game worth playing.

They didn't have a lot to work with. If you notice, this trailer is not a trailer for Deus EX Human Revolution. It is a trailer for one mission in Deus Ex Human Revolution. The same one mission we saw in the leaked footage. I mean, how amazing can a trailer for a single mission really be? I think they did a lovely job making something I have already watched a number of times seem exciting.

Now I want to see new stuff! New levels, new cities, new characters!

Spyhopping
13th Aug 2010, 23:19
Well said pinky. An exciting and snappy illustration of that footage, it just makes me want to see more of the world. I'm sure we'd all love to see the player freely explore a larger area, solve a few puzzles, talk to some locals and interact with the environment, when they are ready to show it. We've seen plenty of action.

It's a relief to finally have that portion of the game in decent quality visually and sound wise. The footage is brought together really well, and a gorgeous, rich soundtrack to match, especially in the club and toward the end. No enlightenment on how it will feel to play though- the leaked footage did more for me there. It was all cutscene and felt just like a film trailer. On the whole though, great stuff. I want more!

Anasumtj
13th Aug 2010, 23:33
Considering this is just a fancy re-cut of the leaked gameplay footage - of which I was already thoroughly disappointed with - I'll refrain from *****ing too much about the actual game content on display.

That said, color me amazed that the trailer on the whole really failed to evoke anything Deus Ex, in my opinion. Maybe it's the way it was cut, but it all seemed really generic, and the gameplay that was actually shown looked like any other mediocre third-person action game.

Is there actually a hype train for this game? Because I'm having trouble detecting one outside the hopeful optimism of a few faithful.

SageSavage
13th Aug 2010, 23:36
There was one but it's gone because of very strange marketing manuvers.

Serendip1ty
13th Aug 2010, 23:55
They didn't have a lot to work with. If you notice, this trailer is not a trailer for Deus EX Human Revolution. It is a trailer for one mission in Deus Ex Human Revolution. The same one mission we saw in the leaked footage. I mean, how amazing can a trailer for a single mission really be? I think they did a lovely job making something I have already watched a number of times seem exciting.

Now I want to see new stuff! New levels, new cities, new characters!

Rewatched the trailer again, doesn't change my opinion about the trailer, yes it's recycled footage (of something we weren't even supposed to see..) but i'm fairly positive i would have had the same opinion anyway: a bit too generic overall. I'm still looking forward to the game though, it's just a trailer.

The snipet of music you hear at 2:05 - 2:12. Sounds like the beginning of an updated mix of the original DX title music?

Pinky_Powers
14th Aug 2010, 00:23
Rewatched the trailer again, doesn't change my opinion about the trailer, yes it's recycled footage (of something we weren't even supposed to see..) but i'm fairly positive i would have had the same opinion anyway: a bit too generic overall. I'm still looking forward to the game though, it's just a trailer.

The snipet of music you hear at 2:05 - 2:12. Sounds like the beginning of an updated mix of the original DX title music?

Yeah, I rather agree with you there. A trailer is a trailer, and they always tend to portray action and excitement. And Deus Ex is so much more than that.

I really, really want to lay my very own hands on this demo and take it at my own pace, and explore the things I want to explore. Failing that, I'm looking forward to gamesites like GameSpot, IGN and maybe even PC Gamer getting their hands on it, and post some of that footage.

Ashpolt
14th Aug 2010, 00:46
I really, really want to lay my very own hands on this demo and take it at my own pace, and explore the things I want to explore. Failing that, I'm looking forward to gamesites like GameSpot, IGN and maybe even PC Gamer getting their hands on it, and post some of that footage.

I think you have your priorities a bit upside down there! :nut: I'm definitely looking forward to PC Gamer getting a play, but IGN and Gamespot's impressions will either be:

a) DIS GAEM LETZ ME KIL STUF GUD

or

b) DIS GAEM DUZ NOT LETZ ME KIL STUF GUD NUF. WY I HAEV TO TALK?

....But seriously, I totally expect IGN and Gamespot's previews, as and when they come, will focus almost solely on the action side of things, telling us how "wicked awesome" Adam's cool moves are, and telling us how much they love the claymore aug. If there actually is depth to the other side of the game - the bits where you don't kil stuf gud - PC Gamer will go into depth about that.

Pinky_Powers
14th Aug 2010, 00:57
....But seriously, I totally expect IGN and Gamespot's previews, as and when they come, will focus almost solely on the action side of things, telling us how "wicked awesome" Adam's cool moves are, and telling us how much they love the claymore aug. If there actually is depth to the other side of the game - the bits where you don't kil stuf gud - PC Gamer will go into depth about that.

I don't care what their impressions are, I just want to see footage of someone playing the game who didn't build it themselves. If I can't get my own hands on it and explore, I'd like to see someone else do it for me.

Shralla
14th Aug 2010, 02:29

What the **** are you talking about?

Senka
14th Aug 2010, 05:11
What's the bet that over on the Bioshock forums, they're going "Pfft, this Infinite trailer sucks! Now, Human Revolution- THAT looks like a good game."

You're epic <3

singularity
14th Aug 2010, 07:39

I say it's coming sooner.
And I have sources to back me up.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1111864p2.html

Sirviani
14th Aug 2010, 08:15
A trailer that comes with all those green colours that characterized Xbox.

Where are the blue neon effects? What's with all these green environments? Even the CGI trailer was greenish.

Sabretooth1
14th Aug 2010, 08:16

If by 'doing its own thing' you mean take System Shock 2 and butcher so that it is fit to be stuffed into a console, then sure.

hem dazon 90
14th Aug 2010, 08:31
I like it.

But by now that comes to no surprise.

Xenoc
14th Aug 2010, 08:31
I liked the trailer showed some stuff we never saw in the previous release we where not meant to see. I will wait to see some actual gameplay fotage with health bars and alike, I mean the only real 1st person gameplay was the part with the silenced pistol and even then it was interupted with a 3rd person takedown... more actual gameplay footage plz!!!

tartarus_sauce
14th Aug 2010, 09:35
Oh Xenoc, do you not yet know that some of the third person stuff IS gameplay footage.

I liked it. I mean, there's not too much new stuff there if you've seen the leaked material, but all the same it gave me a boost of confidence in this project. I don't know about y'all, but I saw Deus Ex there. Deus Ex with a different color scheme and some newer conventions plugged in, but still Deus Ex.

Of course, the real devil in my opinion isn't the perspective switches (just saying "perspective" on these forums is likely to throw people into an epilectic fit), but the upgrades. I think if there's a factor that's going to determine how this game sits with fans, it's ultimately going to come down to much you can customize your Jensen. Enough ink has already been spilled regarding the perspective switching, level-design, "console-ification," etc.

I think what the community should focus its speculative activity on now is how much freedom players will be afforded to make their Jensen unique.

Rylsadar
14th Aug 2010, 10:03
A trailer that comes with all those green colours that characterized Xbox.

Where are the blue neon effects? What's with all these green environments? Even the CGI trailer was greenish.

I don't like it at all. Deus Ex had this dark neon atmosphere which made it quite unique.

For my taste, everything is too bright in this game.

Senka
14th Aug 2010, 10:17
But this is before the collapse. When they could afford to have lights and screens everywhere. Also if DX1 was made in this day and age it would look different too - it's just because now we have the technology.

Sirviani
14th Aug 2010, 10:54
Lights are ok, but why does everything have to look green? I mean, the game itself doesn't show any more colours than green.

It reminds me a bit of Metal Gear Solid 2, where the only colour they used was grey :D

JackShandy
14th Aug 2010, 12:16
Just watched the trailer. It concentrates on the guns and explosions?!!? These guys clearly have no idea how to excite the Deus Ex fanbase. They should have shown five minutes of menus.

Spyhopping
14th Aug 2010, 12:37
True, I would have been much more excited by watching Adam investigate by talking to some locals in those side alleys. Or having a conversation with a philosophical barman.

Still a great trailer though. If you can let yourself feel all that atmosphere through the crazy violence!

I showed a younger cousin the trailer today. He's big in to console gaming, and his first comment was basically "Cool, but why is he so angry and destructive?" :P

Ilves
14th Aug 2010, 12:51
They should have shown five minutes of menus.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5796/63627786.jpg

Pretentious Old Man.
14th Aug 2010, 12:52
It's the maintenance man. He knows I like Orange...

...It gave me black and gold.

xsamitt
14th Aug 2010, 13:29
This is my first time seeing this as I decided not to watch the leaked footage.Which kinda puts it in a unique perspective for me.It's all new for these eyes.

What can I say.......I guess the truth is always best right?Well here goes.The more I see the more I have this bad bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.Deep in the recesses of my mind I feel that EM hasn't really understood the first Deus EX.It's almost as if EM went out of there way to piss the Fans off?We have been with them every step of the way with little to no avail.Here's a mini list of what should have been.
1. Warren Spector should have been the main man.
2.Alexander Brandon Should have done the music...Don't underestimate this...Music is more powerful than some think.
3,Cut way back all this 3 person..it's killing immersion.
4,Should have kept the inventory much like the first DX......It gonna feel very restricted.
5 Have more faith in the Fans......there are a few very intellectual fans here who have tried to help you guys.
6.The main DX Theme needs to be there when we first play the game.Take away that and your killing the vibe.
I could go on but I need to take my recyclables to cash them in.LOl

EM we love you guys but your missing the boat.To be fair DX is a bastard of a game to create,that's why you needed us maybe more than you think.
I will still buy it,play it,and recommend it of course.Plus I have your Cap and T-shirt now.So that should tell you that we are behind you,we the fans wish our voices where heard.Because clearly it doesn't feel like it after seeing this.

I wish you well.

SageSavage
14th Aug 2010, 14:02
i will still buy it,play it,and recommend it of course.plus i have your cap and t-shirt now.so that should tell you that we are behind you
why?

luminar
14th Aug 2010, 14:54
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5796/63627786.jpg

This and several other screenshots of him made me think of yakuza. They NEED to fix this now! Even DX's outdated graphics still made JC look awsome. And somehow in the leaked footage with the shaky cam he looked better.

xsamitt
14th Aug 2010, 15:21
why?

It's personal.:whistle:

Corpus
14th Aug 2010, 16:24
This and several other screenshots of him made me think of yakuza. They NEED to fix this now! Even DX's outdated graphics still made JC look awsome. And somehow in the leaked footage with the shaky cam he looked better.

Console graphics no doubt. Even if it isn't theres no reason to go into graphic whore mode. We're better than that :rasp:

luminar
14th Aug 2010, 16:29
Console graphics no doubt. Even if it isn't theres no reason to go into graphic whore mode. We're better than that :rasp:

Maybe but console gamings done better than that!

deus ex fan
14th Aug 2010, 17:32
here's my opinion.......

cyberpunk atmosphere is perfect,no doubt.I like the "colored" voice of Adam also.

ZakKa89
14th Aug 2010, 18:24
If by 'doing its own thing' you mean take System Shock 2 and butcher so that it is fit to be stuffed into a console, then sure.

This.

Bioshock isn't good at all. Nor is it "inventive". Everything done gameplaywise in bioshock was done before and BETTER (like in deus ex).

KSingh77
14th Aug 2010, 18:42
Lets hope Adam recovers quickly from that punch and take cover from Barrett's arm gun of death.

Jerion
14th Aug 2010, 18:45
Lights are ok, but why does everything have to look green? I mean, the game itself doesn't show any more colours than green.

It reminds me a bit of Metal Gear Solid 2, where the only colour they used was grey :D

They have a weird color scheme going. Black and Gold are the main tones, with green accents everywhere. Then there are little blue, red, purple detail colors scattered around to add vibrancy.

luminar
14th Aug 2010, 18:46
They have a weird color scheme going. Black and Gold are the main tones, with green accents everywhere. Then there are little blue, red, purple detail colors scattered around to add vibrancy.

I actually like the black and gold thing cuz I love those two colors and it has symbolic meaning for me when put together.

xsamitt
14th Aug 2010, 18:52
I like most of the design. The voice acting sounds solid. Animation of characters looks great.

Again, my gripe is with forcing third person perspective and first person perspective together. I don't want to see the take downs. I'm 35 years old. As much as I want an action game, I also want to be intellectually stimulated. The pizzaz turns me off completely, and it feels forced.

Please EM. Leave a check box in the menu to disable the fancy 3rd person stuff. I'm fine with third person for cinematics and conversations, but don't force it into my first person gameplay.

EM Please Listen to this advice....You will have a lot of happy campers if you do.

Badmaker
14th Aug 2010, 19:00
Ok, aside of graphics which looks outdated... but how on hell can he hold a pistol with silencer with both of his hands and same time drag a poor guy ?
Ah cmon, even 1st Hitman looked more realistic.

Kodaemon
14th Aug 2010, 19:17
Ok, aside of graphics which looks outdated... but how on hell can he hold a pistol with silencer with both of his hands and same time drag a poor guy ?

This is probably the only reason they're not going fully third person. Dragging someone with your invisible third hand is just awkward in first person, but it'd be bloody ridiculous in third.

Tecman
14th Aug 2010, 19:25
but how on hell can he hold a pistol with silencer with both of his hands and same time drag a poor guy ?

Like someone else has said, "He's got a deathgrip on an augmented Mr. Happy."

Romeo
14th Aug 2010, 20:02
I gotta say, that was somewhat of a Micheal Bay gameplay trailer, but there were a couple redeeming factors in my eyes.

Colours. I know everyone is sick of the black and gold renaissance thing by now, but I like it. There's already a ton of moody-coloured games out, so sticking with what DX did will be fairly underwhelming (And this is besides the loss in metaphor from the way things are now). There's already tons of colour-happy games out now to, so they can't really mime DX:IW style either. What they have now I like. Personal taste.

Tong. I don't need to explain this.

Crossbow. Modified with a scope, HELL YES. Also, it appeared to be subject to external forces such as gravity and wind when fired, which was pretty gnarley.

Barret. He seems a touch less Saturday-Morning-Cartoon now that I've seen him in action. Could be a decent character now if done right.

Some concerns I still hold are the excessive use of explosions to push the game forward according to this trailer, the fact they avoided the health system entirely, and just how many people have a single cybernetic arm. I mean seriously, it's starting to get silly that ALL THREE of the major characters shown in the trailer have precisely one robot arm. lol

Angel-A
14th Aug 2010, 21:59
how on hell can he hold a pistol with silencer with both of his hands and same time drag a poor guy ?
You silly goose, he is augmented.

Esnuk
14th Aug 2010, 22:10
At the beginning of the video, Malik talks about something called Hengsha. is it a place? Perhaps the area of the nightclub, or maybe even the entire lower Shanghai.

pringlepower
14th Aug 2010, 22:31
At the beginning of the video, Malik talks about something called Hengsha. is it a place? Perhaps the area of the nightclub, or maybe even the entire lower Shanghai.

Heng Sha is the part of Shanghai wearing a hat. It's a small island near the city.

Romeo
14th Aug 2010, 22:50
Heng Sha is the part of Shanghai wearing a hat. It's a small island near the city.
LOL.

And from now on I will never be able to take two-tiered metropoli seriously.

Corpus
14th Aug 2010, 23:09
LOL.

And from now on I will never be able to take two-tiered metropoli seriously.

You're making me wonder again :hmm:

What are the people on top like, and will there be rioting between top and bottom. Society on top could be all together a lot different and maybe even more sinister.

Sirviani
14th Aug 2010, 23:35
The solution to the brightness of this game? Buy yourself a pair of dark glasses and you're up for it.

Anyway, has anyone noticed the Deus Ex theme at the end of the video?

deus ex fan
14th Aug 2010, 23:40
Heng Sha is beautiful.And even bright lights sometimes are depressing......

i dont have problem with dark,dark is appropriate for a cyberpunk setting and i like it.....

and i admire the near future earth as envisioned by devs.......

pringlepower
14th Aug 2010, 23:43
You're making me wonder again :hmm:

What are the people on top like, and will there be rioting between top and bottom. Society on top could be all together a lot different and maybe even more sinister.

Belletete said that their wasn't going to be the cliche class warfare - rich on top, poor on bottom. The top is just newer. Also, considering that it's pretty much the Mecca of augmentation, it's probably gonna be filled with classy, educated types.

Corpus
14th Aug 2010, 23:52
Belletete said that their wasn't going to be the cliche class warfare - rich on top, poor on bottom. The top is just newer. Also, considering that it's pretty much the Mecca of augmentation, it's probably gonna be filled with classy, educated types.

I can't wait to insult them and run away.

Absentia
15th Aug 2010, 00:44
Anyway, has anyone noticed the Deus Ex theme at the end of the video?

YES! There's a definite nod to it, that was great. I really think the DX theme can be sneaked into the game (and in a much less sublte way than simply an NPC whistling it, which was hinted at by the audio director) - it's only the fast tempo and the sounds used in the original game that make it sound "cheesy" and "90's." Slow it down, remove some of its smaller and awkward passages, and the main Deus Ex tune we all think of is still present within probably the first 2 bars of the theme. Alex Brandon himself demonstrated this really well in both the menu music of DX:IW and his new rremix of the menu theme, on http://alexanderbrandon.bandcamp.com/

AaronJ
15th Aug 2010, 00:46
Guys....guys...

I just watched the trailer. Very Deus Ex. Holy dick.

I really loved what I saw. However, the trailer didn't seem to be edited well. Some of Adam's lines were very quiet, and the video cuts at awkward places.

Invictus Sol
15th Aug 2010, 00:46

That was one of the bright spots in this trailler for me. At least it implies that there is some point to hiding bodies, unlike DX.

FrankCSIS
15th Aug 2010, 05:08
The thing of it all is that there's actually not much gameplay in that movie! It's mostly cut together cinematic angles and such.

Surprising, really, considering what has already been released. Had I never seen the leaked footage, or not followed the game's development, I know I would've skimped over this trailer. It's not long or at least descriptive enough to actually establish what the game is about (for those who would yet be in the dark), and it does not represent the gameplay style at all.

It's exciting, and the world it shows is quite vibrant, but as a game it says nothing at all. Now I'm really curious to see what the official release trailer and ad campaigns will look like, because I have a feeling the new crowd they're trying to reel in will be disapointed. They have been somewhat misleading in their depiction of the game's pace a great deal so far, in the official releases anyway. It's been nothing but Transformers action. Considering the size of the script, the exploration phases of the game, and the pace of conversation "fights", something tells me many misled players will drop the game before the end.

Badmaker
15th Aug 2010, 08:41
You silly goose, he is augmented.

Heh, even augmentations has its limits. Devs must think about it because dragging a body with 3rd hand is stupid.
Even my 12 year brother was like, WTF ?!?!?

Jerion
15th Aug 2010, 08:47
I don't think he actually has both hands on the gun, just the right one in an oversized grip.

rokstrombo
15th Aug 2010, 10:48
The game is looking fantastic! I wouldn't really call this a gameplay trailer though, but it's nice to see the conversation and sneaking aspects of the game were not totally neglected in favour of action sequences.

I'm excited to play, and I would totally pre-order on Steam if I was absolutely certain the game won't be censored in my country.

Did anyone notice the laser warning label on the bomb?

Kodaemon
15th Aug 2010, 11:15
I don't think he actually has both hands on the gun, just the right one in an oversized grip.

Definitely both hands. You can see the left thumb.

Another tidbit: the trailer reveals the wall punching will be possible on "weak walls". You can see a crack on the wall before Adam punches it.

Ashbery76
15th Aug 2010, 11:39
I am so looking foward to this,more than any other upcoming game by a mile.

xsamitt
15th Aug 2010, 11:42

Agreed...Even with my concerns this is the bomb for me as well.

Xenoc
15th Aug 2010, 11:49

hmmm, reserving judgement till I see more gameplay...

Romeo
15th Aug 2010, 16:33
Definitely both hands. You can see the left thumb.

Another tidbit: the trailer reveals the wall punching will be possible on "weak walls". You can see a crack on the wall before Adam punches it.
Apparently, if you hold your sword out and tap the walls, you can hear if it's possible to break them or not. :lmao:

xsamitt
15th Aug 2010, 17:50
Apparently, if you hold your sword out and tap the walls, you can hear if it's possible to break them or not. :lmao:

Now that sounds kinky...I hope Miss P catches you doing that.:lol:

Romeo
15th Aug 2010, 21:07
Now that sounds kinky...I hope Miss P catches you doing that.:lol:
LOL! It was a Zelda reference, sicko! :lol:

Dr_Bob
15th Aug 2010, 22:06
Just watched the trailer. It concentrates on the guns and explosions?!!? These guys clearly have no idea how to excite the Deus Ex fanbase. They should have shown five minutes of menus.

:lmao:

xsamitt
15th Aug 2010, 22:10
:lmao:

Deus EX Fans aren't your average cup of tea.:D

pringlepower
15th Aug 2010, 22:12
Deus EX Fans aren't your average cup of tea.:D

They're... accountants?

Fluffis
15th Aug 2010, 22:32
They're... accountants?

No, that would make them a gorilla.

Back on topic:

This trailer did not do much to alleviate my fears, I'm afraid. Too much third person, weak lip-sync, too much focus on things that go "Boom!", less-than-fluid animations (if you're going to do a "cover-to-cover" (god I hated that spin), at least do it smoothly), a clear break-up of immersion with the "vent cinematic", intrusive third person take-downs, "The Mystery of the Third Arm"... and god damned mid-action, non-interactive cutscenes.

No... this did not help me one bit.

And also: I think the line delivered at the very beginning ("You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany" updated for the new millennium), along with the "H" in "Hive" being slightly skewed, shows us that the lower part is home to the lower classes, and the seedier elements.

Romeo
16th Aug 2010, 00:01
They're... accountants?
I did that for a couple of weeks. Did not enjoy it. More fun to build stuff and fix stuff. :hmm:

pringlepower
16th Aug 2010, 00:06

Back on topic:

This trailer did not do much to alleviate my fears, I'm afraid. Too much third person, weak lip-sync, too much focus on things that go "Boom!", less-than-fluid animations (if you're going to do a "cover-to-cover" (god I hated that spin), at least do it smoothly), a clear break-up of immersion with the "vent cinematic", intrusive third person take-downs, "The Mystery of the Third Arm"... and god damned mid-action, non-interactive cutscenes.

And also: I think the line delivered at the very beginning ("You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany" updated for the new millennium), along with the "H" in "Hive" being slightly skewed, shows us that the lower part is home to the lower classes, and the seedier elements.

Nah, she just means the whole island, head and hat.

Oh cmon, you don't like Tong? He's so sassy!

And if nothing else: the fruit stands have accurate Chinese.

pha
16th Aug 2010, 00:07
For a futuristic first-third person action game, the footage is really promising and impressive. But it's no secret that people expect to see and experience a little more than that.;)

http://i38.tinypic.com/imm6oy.png

or

7x7-gHCLPcA

ThePrecursor
16th Aug 2010, 01:18
I love how the cloaking device looks (when he activates it), it's just as good in-game as in the E3 trailer!

KSingh77
16th Aug 2010, 01:43
The cloak looks better than Ghost Recon FS cloaking.

Corpus
16th Aug 2010, 01:45
I love how the cloaking device looks (when he activates it), it's just as good in-game as in the E3 trailer!

Seems like most of the polish that was needed on effects has been applied. I was kinda worried about the whole vision mode but you can see all the little hexagonal overlay in the trailer and it looks nice, nothing impairing or overdone like most other games that do vision modes.

fchopin
16th Aug 2010, 01:48
Looks good to me, will definitely get the game.

pringlepower
16th Aug 2010, 02:29
The cloak looks better than Ghost Recon FS cloaking.

I miss Ghost Recon FS's physical cloak (the cloak blanket). Seems unfair that you can cloak all the time.

Pinky_Powers
16th Aug 2010, 05:07
I miss Ghost Recon FS's physical cloak (the cloak blanket). Seems unfair that you can cloak all the time.

It's like 'em baddies don't even stand a chance. :cool:

Lucifer
16th Aug 2010, 12:28
where I can get soundtrack from this trailer?

Dr_Bob
16th Aug 2010, 12:55

Back on topic:

Nitpicker.

pringlepower
16th Aug 2010, 14:17
where I can get soundtrack from this trailer?

It's available on the game webside, deusex.com, on the blog.

[EDIT] Oh this trailer. Nevermind. You could extract the mp3 from the Youtube video (which isn't particularly legal, and leaves all the voices and sound effects in)

Fluffis
16th Aug 2010, 14:42
Nitpicker.

Be that as it may, but those are some nits I'd like to see picked, brought out into the back-alley and shot.

Pretentious Old Man.
16th Aug 2010, 15:37
Nitpicker.

Actually, anything but. A Deus Ex game should not be about blowing **** up. We have Saint's Row for that. I think he makes a valid point: we need to analyse who this game is aimed at. Adolescents with a taste for boom-boom, or people who want a mature and thought-provoking experience.

pringlepower
16th Aug 2010, 15:59
Actually, anything but. A Deus Ex game should not be about blowing **** up. We have Saint's Row for that. I think he makes a valid point: we need to analyse who this game is aimed at. Adolescents with a taste for boom-boom, or people who want a mature and thought-provoking experience.

It is a trailer after all. And trailers are meant to grab people's (and yes, console players are people too, no matter how hard we try to take away their rights) attentions. Even "thinking movies" like The Matrix and Inception had trailers which consisted mainly of CGI, martial arts, explosions, robots, and a city being flipped over.

Pretentious Old Man.
16th Aug 2010, 16:08
It is a trailer after all. And trailers are meant to grab people's (and yes, console players are people too, no matter how hard we try to take away their rights) attentions. Even "thinking movies" like The Matrix and Inception had trailers which consisted mainly of CGI, martial arts, explosions, robots, and a city being flipped over.

I would not classify either the Matrix or Inception as thinking movies, I would classify them as action movies that had a few fragments of broken philosophy and transhumanist references thrown in here and there for good measure.

Then again, I'm in a tiny minority here I suspect.

pringlepower
16th Aug 2010, 16:15
I would not classify either the Matrix or Inception as thinking movies, I would classify them as action movies that had a few fragments of broken philosophy and transhumanist references thrown in here and there for good measure.

Well Deus Ex, in comparison to say... Dwarf Fortress, or Myst back in the day (e.g., the painful hours that were Riven) isn't exactly a thinking game itself. Resource management and multiple options are all fine and dandy but christ, Riven. But that's just my foolish opinion.

Red
16th Aug 2010, 16:16

Not really. I have the same feeling about those movies as well. So we are slightly-more-than-tiny minority :)

Though Matrix 2&3 suffered the invisible war syndrome :) (crap compared to the first one).

Pretentious Old Man.
16th Aug 2010, 16:33
Not really. I have the same feeling about those movies as well. So we are slightly-more-than-tiny minority :)

Though Matrix 2&3 suffered the invisible war syndrome :) (crap compared to the first one).

Wahey, someone who agrees with me! ;)

pvc
16th Aug 2010, 16:48
I thought the eye animation looked good. I'll wait until it's done to decide what I think.

Nyysjan
16th Aug 2010, 16:48
I never understood why the machines kept humans alive, there's so much better sources of electricity available.
I never understood why anyone would want to leave the matrix, or be gratefull for being freed, life in the matrix, even if knowing what it was, seemed so much better.

Pinky_Powers
16th Aug 2010, 16:58
I never understood why anyone would want to leave the matrix, or be gratefull for being freed, life in the matrix, even if knowing what it was, seemed so much better.

Then you clearly never delved into the lore any further than the principle films. Those that awoke lived everyday with a dread sense that something was horribly wrong. Morpheus describes it as "a splinter in the mind, driving you mad." You need to watch the Animatrix. You'll get a far better understanding of what sort of person is even capable of leaving the Matrix whole. They are universally grateful to be freed from that... with few exceptions.

Nyysjan
16th Aug 2010, 17:17
Then you clearly never delved into the lore any further than the principle films. Those that awoke lived everyday with a dread sense that something was horribly wrong. Morpheus describes it as "a splinter in the mind, driving you mad." You need to watch the Animatrix. You'll get a far better understanding of what sort of person is even capable of leaving the Matrix whole. They are universally grateful to be freed from that... with few exceptions.

yeah, but after you are woken, you know what's wrong, nomore having to worry about it, you can make use of it, heck, if you can learn how to bend to matrix like the trenchcoat brigade, you could make a fortune out of it :p

pringlepower
16th Aug 2010, 17:18
yeah, but after you are woken, you know what's wrong, nomore having to worry about it, you can make use of it, heck, if you can learn how to bend to matrix like the trenchcoat brigade, you could make a fortune out of it :p

But you'll never eat bacon. Ever.

Pinky_Powers
16th Aug 2010, 17:26
But you'll never eat bacon. Ever.

I had myself a rasher of bacon, scrambled eggs, half a tomato, and some toast this morning. Twas goodly on all fronts, but those that were not my fronts rebelled against the meal in the late morning, burning out my arse in angry sprays.

Red
16th Aug 2010, 17:39
I never understood why the machines kept humans alive, there's so much better sources of electricity available.

Not really. Animatrix explains this. Humans systematically started destroying any kind of energy providing resource so that machines would "starve". That includes with some horrible nuking, resulting in such thick layer of dust in air that sun couldn't penetrate it. Machines lost their main energy source and strated using these nifty fleshy batteries :)

Nyysjan
16th Aug 2010, 17:44
Not really. Animatrix explains this. Humans systematically started destroying any kind of energy providing resource so that machines would "starve". That includes with some horrible nuking, resulting in such thick layer of dust in air that sun couldn't penetrate it. Machines lost their main energy source and strated using these nifty fleshy batteries :)

geothermal, tides, wind, giant solarpanel farms in the orbit, nuclear fission, nuclear fusion, natural gas and oil (no ******* way they could get to all the deposits, deep sea trilling, and if there's a spill, nobody cares, fish are dead already).
Hell, where do the humans get power for that matter? (i think it's geothermal, so no reason why the machines can't use it, seemed to be pretty nifty with drills).

Red
16th Aug 2010, 17:54
They're machines. Perhaps they just calculated that there's better power consumption/power gain coefficient in using people as batteries than drilling.

Happy now? :D

Pinky_Powers
16th Aug 2010, 18:00
They're machines. Perhaps they just calculated that there's better power consumption/power gain coefficient in using people as batteries than drilling.

Perhaps it's not so much a mathematical convenience issue, and more a Freudian draw. We are their mother, and they long to crawl back into the safety of our womb.

Shralla
16th Aug 2010, 18:01
It was a symbiosis of sorts. The machines could probably keep going without the sun, but it made it much more difficult. The humans just couldn't exist without it, so they "joined forces."

Flesh is an illusion.

Nyysjan
16th Aug 2010, 18:06

No, i'm not.
Humans suck as batteries, the amount of electricity we produce when compared to the fuel we consume is ridicilously low, pretty much anything else would be more efficient.

Pretentious Old Man.
16th Aug 2010, 18:06
This is why I hate the matrix.

Red
16th Aug 2010, 18:13
It's a movie for gods sake. It's Food for thought not a depiction of reality.

Nyysjan
16th Aug 2010, 18:16
It's a movie for gods sake. It's Food for thought not a depiction of reality.

I'm thinking about it ain't i?
And it makes no sense whatsoever.:mad2:

Pinky_Powers
16th Aug 2010, 18:19
I'm thinking about it ain't i?
And it makes no sense whatsoever.:mad2:

My suggestion put your concerns to a final rest, if only you'd heed my awesome wisdom.

Fluffis
16th Aug 2010, 18:29
No, i'm not.
Humans suck as batteries, the amount of electricity we produce when compared to the fuel we consume is ridicilously low, pretty much anything else would be more efficient.

But the fuel we consume in The Matrix is... well, ourselves.

Nyysjan
16th Aug 2010, 18:42
But the fuel we consume in The Matrix is... well, ourselves.

wich brings up another issue, there's not that much food in one human, compared to what a human body needs to keep going.
Sure, if you consume only the absolute minimum, and do nothing that uses up energy (like act as a glorified power battery), you might last surprisingly long, but nowhere near long enough for your replacement to be born, grown, and ready to eat you, your "power batteries" would end up consuming themselves.

And for that matter, where do the humans get their food? Somekind of fungus that doesn't need light? (i bet that could be converted into some sort of biofuel that would work better than humans, seriously, you'd get better power returns from a compost heap).

Pretentious Old Man.
16th Aug 2010, 18:44
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

pringlepower
16th Aug 2010, 19:02
wich brings up another issue, there's not that much food in one human, compared to what a human body needs to keep going.
Sure, if you consume only the absolute minimum, and do nothing that uses up energy (like act as a glorified power battery), you might last surprisingly long, but nowhere near long enough for your replacement to be born, grown, and ready to eat you, your "power batteries" would end up consuming themselves.

And for that matter, where do the humans get their food? Somekind of fungus that doesn't need light? (i bet that could be converted into some sort of biofuel that would work better than humans, seriously, you'd get better power returns from a compost heap).

I'm pretty sure the humans are fed chopped up and blenderized parts of dead humans.

Anyways, would you prefer the robots used hydrogen fuel cells, thus completely killing the human race and making The Matrix about a bunch of robots flying around powered by hydrogen, doing.... nothing?

Fluffis
16th Aug 2010, 19:19
I'm pretty sure the humans are fed chopped up and blenderized parts of dead humans.

Actually, they are transformed into liquid in some way, and then other humans are fed on that. It's all in the first movie.

Pretentious Old Man.
16th Aug 2010, 19:29
http://hooniverse.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/RageFace2.png

pha
16th Aug 2010, 21:29
I had a theory about the human - machine relationship before the sequels and Animatrix came up.

It was the humans' inaccurate assumption that the machines needed humans only as an energy source. Morpheus explains it to Neo (and the audience), but how did they know, did they interview the machines? Please, they have torn clothes and they eat puke. The machines are doing humans a favor, because they adore their organic creators for their gift of existence and self-awareness, their representatives in the Matrix look human, and without/before watching the sequels, one would go far as to say that machines built the fields to keep humans in a controlled environment to protect them (for a machine's simple logic, protection IS survival, no attachments, as long as you live or function, you're fine) so they make sure humans survive, they send sentinels after rebel ships because they know they'll weaken/damage the fields and humans are too weak to survive without machines' help. Yes, they utilize the energy of human bodies, but it's just compensation for their service to their creators, plus it's a circle, they need this energy source to make sure humans survive.

But as a general rule of the entertainment sector, the sequels came with unsatisfying explanations like "There are levels of survival we're prepared to accept." and ruined everything. :(

Kodaemon
16th Aug 2010, 21:52
Actually, the "battery" part of the Matrix movies was executive meddling. The original idea was that the machines used humans for our brains' processing power. But the execs thoughtthe audience wouldn't understand the concept, thus we got the ridiculous unsustainable setup :/

pha
16th Aug 2010, 22:11
Figures.

atheelogos
16th Aug 2010, 23:26

They say either in the wiki/expanded universe or in movies, can't remember which one, but they kept humans alive because they didn't believe in genocide.

atheelogos
16th Aug 2010, 23:29

(Geeks out) I know right!! I saw the leak and in that version they didn't have that effect, so it had me worried that the orange color of cloak was just for the E3 trailer I'm glad to see I was wrong.

ArcR
17th Aug 2010, 01:46
Obviously this trailer is selling the game to people outside of this community and it does its job well. I'm happy to see vents* and first person body dragging... weapons out no less. It makes me wonder if we can pick up the body and move faster if we have our weapon holstered. I have to say, for me personally, the biggest treat is knowing that our pilot has a wry sense of humor.

We'll see. I don't care to learn more about this game. I just want to play it.

Nyysjan
17th Aug 2010, 15:50
Actually, the "battery" part of the Matrix movies was executive meddling. The original idea was that the machines used humans for our brains' processing power. But the execs thoughtthe audience wouldn't understand the concept, thus we got the ridiculous unsustainable setup :/

wich, in a nutshell, is pretty much the main problem many of us have with entertainment industry, games or movies.
Viewers Are Morons (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ViewersAreMorons)

Blackbird SR-71C
17th Aug 2010, 16:17
(Geeks out) I know right!! I saw the leak and in that version they didn't have that effect, so it had me worried that the orange color of cloak was just for the E3 trailer I'm glad to see I was wrong.

Excuse me if this has already been asked, but what's the difference between the leaked footage and the trailer showing only a few seconds of gameplay in between several custscenes?

Also, I can't seem to find the leaked footage anywhere...

pringlepower
17th Aug 2010, 18:28
Excuse me if this has already been asked, but what's the difference between the leaked footage and the trailer showing only a few seconds of gameplay in between several custscenes?

We weren't supposed to see the leaked footage, so we were punished by having a head cover 20% of it.

imported_D_X
17th Aug 2010, 19:40

Here you go, this site don't seem to give a hoot that EM don't wan't anybody to see the leaked footage. Mind you make sure to bookmark it cause this post won't last long.:whistle:
http://twobrothersandasister.com/?p=7441

The Monochrome Man
17th Aug 2010, 22:05

That's just the top she's wearing. The way it fans down stiffly from the neck makes the proportions look all wonky. Not really an issue with the art, just a style of clothing we're not accustomed to.

Oh, and for Pha on page 8 - the Terminator 2 screenshot? That was done on purpose to show how the T-1000 was able to control the helicopter while handling its SMG - it literally grew an extra pair of arms to handle the controls.

xsamitt
18th Aug 2010, 00:09
Here you go, this site don't seem to give a hoot that EM don't wan't anybody to see the leaked footage. Mind you make sure to bookmark it cause this post won't last long.:whistle:
http://twobrothersandasister.com/?p=7441

Lord ,give me the strength to resist.again.LOl:rolleyes::D:whistle::thumb:

Angel-A
18th Aug 2010, 02:35
Lord ,give me the strength to resist.again.LOl:rolleyes::D:whistle::thumb:

Give into the dark side!

KSingh77
18th Aug 2010, 03:41
Welcome to Heng Shai.(Sure thats what she said.)

Don't let the ceiling hit ya.

BlazeL
18th Aug 2010, 11:44
Seeing this trailer, this game became an instant buy for me: I will buy it instantly when it hits the bargain bins with a 5$ price tag.

I'm not interested anymore. Guess i won't hang out or lurk here much (except for The Hive part of the forum maybe), so bye bye.

xsamitt
18th Aug 2010, 14:23
Give into the dark side!

I hope to resist for 6 months.:rolleyes::lol::rasp::cool::wave::whistle:

Shralla
18th Aug 2010, 17:15
Seeing this trailer, this game became an instant buy for me: I will buy it instantly when it hits the bargain bins with a 5$ price tag.

I'm not interested anymore. Guess i won't hang out or lurk here much (except for The Hive part of the forum maybe), so bye bye.

OMG THIS TRAILER SHOWED ME A BUNCH OF FOOTAGE WE ALREADY SAW A MONTH AGO NOW I'M REALLY MAD PRE-ORDER CANCELED

Okay bro.

Nyysjan
18th Aug 2010, 17:27
OMG THIS TRAILER SHOWED ME A BUNCH OF FOOTAGE WE ALREADY SAW A MONTH AGO NOW I'M REALLY MAD PRE-ORDER CANCELED

Okay bro.

Some of us chose not to take a look at the leaked footage.

atheelogos
18th Aug 2010, 18:54

Well we wont miss you

pha
18th Aug 2010, 19:04
I know what you feel BlazeL, I also decided to "ragequit", I ended up browsing anonymously too often, and eventually came back. I still hate the flaming idiots, but the Deus Ex name is just too important for me to burn the bridges permanently.

Pinky_Powers
18th Aug 2010, 19:16
If you fore-go the game based on principle, such as a dislike for third-person, takedowns and cutscenes, I can appreciate that. But, you should have left long before you ever saw this trailer. However, if you've turned against the game based on the fact the trailer is a flashy bit of nonsense, then you're a failed piece of nonsense yourself. It's a trailer. All trailers are flashy nonsense.

As I've said before: this is not a trailer for Human Revolution, but for a single mission in the game.

pringlepower
18th Aug 2010, 19:19
If you fore-go the game based on principle, such as a dislike for third-person, takedowns and cutscenes, I can appreciate that. But, you should have left long before you ever saw this trailer. However, if you've turned against the game based on the fact the trailer is a flashy bit of nonsense, then you're a failed piece of nonsense yourself. It's a trailer. All trailers are flashy nonsense.

As I've said before: this is not a trailer for Human Revolution, but for a single mission in the game.

And sassy Chinese guys?

Pinky_Powers
18th Aug 2010, 19:32
And sassy Chinese guys?

I thought that went without saying.

Mr. Tong make you suffer long time.

Ashpolt
18th Aug 2010, 20:15

But that's because nearly all games are flashy nonsense. That EM are doing exactly the same as everyone else is at the very root of my concerns about DXHR.

I'll miss you BlazeL! (Atheelogos can speak for himself...) I understand your frustrations, and I definitely understand the temptation to wait for the bargain bin - a real shame for a game calling itself Deus Ex, which should've been a first day buy for all of us on here.

Anyway, hope to see you around The Hive at least!

KSingh77
18th Aug 2010, 20:48
I wanna sit down and have a drink in this game,rather then deal with Tong's nasty attitude.

pringlepower
18th Aug 2010, 20:59
I wanna sit down and have a drink in this game,rather then deal with Tong's sassy* attitude.

Fixed it

Pinky_Powers
18th Aug 2010, 21:17
But that's because nearly all games are flashy nonsense. That EM are doing exactly the same as everyone else is at the very root of my concerns about DXHR.

Through the leaked footage we've seen the full demo. We know that the pace is set by the player, with an outstanding number of NPCs to mingle with, and speak to. We know that on this front, HR compares to Deus Ex, not other games.
We know that combat is driven by player choice, and that you can be as flashy (guns blazing, augs) or as subtle (silenced head-shot) as you want.

That demo was less than thirty minutes long, going from point A to point B. It is no exaggeration to say that if I were playing it, talking to everyone, exploring every corner, it would be at least an hour worth of gameplay. And in that hour's worth of gameplay, the only flashy part would be the few seconds at the end where the cutscene played the explosion. There would be no dropping from the ceiling, or Claymore Augs... f**k! I won't even HAVE the Claymore Aug unless it's forced on me. And the bot fight at the end is OPTIONAL based on how stealthy you are.

So I say again, unless your dislike for the game is based on principles hostile toward game features that have been known for a terribly long time now, this trailer should not put you any further off Human Revolution. I could make a flashy trailer of the original Deus Ex, but you shouldn't let that affect how you play the game.

Anasumtj
18th Aug 2010, 22:23
Y'know, I do think that some complaints against the footage shown thus far have been premature. There are big things that I don't like, and right now I'm treating them as big red warning signs for what's more to come. But I can't truly extrapolate a general sense of the experience yet.

That's just the nature of tightly-controlled gameplay reels meant to show off very specific things. And so by that same turn, I don't know how you managed to infer so much from these videos. I mean... an outstanding number of NPCs to interact with? I'm sure you can run up and hit your "use" key on all of them, but that doesn't speak to any kind of significant interaction.

Just saying. These demos and trailers almost always make the product look larger, grander, and more intricate than the final product ever is. I understand the ambition EM is trying to convey here, but I have to remind myself to dial it down a few notches from their lofty heights.

Pretentious Old Man.
18th Aug 2010, 23:21
If I tone it down any more from the "lofty heights" that my eyes can see from this and other trailers, then I shall be playing Pong.

(Cue "pong was awesome!!!!!!!!"...now)

Honestly, there is only one thing keeping me hopeful: those weapon descriptions. It sounds like there is some tactical nuance to using them, which is essential.

As to the story, it's rapidly beginning to sound like the usual trite crap that the Hollywood-era of videogames has given us this generation. However, I am willing to hope that the overall arc might be better than this.

Pinky_Powers
19th Aug 2010, 01:37
That's just the nature of tightly-controlled gameplay reels meant to show off very specific things. And so by that same turn, I don't know how you managed to infer so much from these videos. I mean... an outstanding number of NPCs to interact with? I'm sure you can run up and hit your "use" key on all of them, but that doesn't speak to any kind of significant interaction.

I'm fully aware that only a small handful of the NPCs will have important information. But I also know that I will speak to each and every one of them, and they will all have something to say. And I'm also aware that a number of them will have at least semi-interesting gibberish. And of those, a small few will have sidequests.

This is what I infer from that .5 seconds of Adam walking down the street. I extrapolate a very wonderful reunion with one of my favorite Deus Ex experiences; interaction with a populated world.

And The Hive should have at least two sidequests I'd wager. :)