PDA

View Full Version : LCGoL scores 88% in GamesMaster

BlueSkiesXXV
12th Aug 2010, 14:49
GamesMaster have given LCGol a glowing review & scored it a whopping 88%!!!

Some snippets:
*) A shining example of download excellence.
*) A retro-inspired shooter that's small in scale, but big in entertainment.
*) Each level has ten red skulls hidden around the environments. Collect them to unlock rewards and Achievements/Trophies to boost your rankings.
*) While there's plenty of ball juggling and lever pulling, there's satisfying combat too. Pick a higher difficulty level to make the gunplay particularly frantic and fierce.
*) After a relatively shallow learning curve, Lara's latest hits its stride in the last quarter of the game; the volume and intensity of the enemies increase, the physics-based puzzles get more devious and the oh-so-tempting collectables become more treacherous to reach. The pick-up-and-play style encourages you to repeat levels, strive for scoreboard glory and speed run for success.
*) Second Opinion - A superb co-op game that hits all the right notes. The puzzles are brilliantly tricky, the shooting violently satisfying and I got to dump Shaun [primary reviewer] down a pit full of spikes. Hurrah!
*) Best Bit - Discovering a crafty way to solve a puzzle with a pal makes you feel like a genius. It's almost as much fun as some of the 'do I trust them?' moments when using Lara's grapple hook as a tight rope for Totec. Sometimes it's good to be bad.
*) Sure you can play Guardian of Light solo (Lara comes equipped with Totec's spear and some puzzles are altered to compensate for the fact that your Mayan buddy isn't there), but playing with a pal should be compulsory, as you work out what combination of spear, grapple hook, shield and explosives you'll need to overcome the next Mouse Trap.

GM LOVES:
*) Working with a buddy - Play with a mate or you'll miss out on the true essence of the gameplay.
*) Blowing up your buddy - So much temptation to get one over on your pal - things get competitive.
*) [Removed owing to mild spoiler]

GM HATES:
*) Totec is crap - Does Totec have to be such a stereotypical genero-tribesman?
*) Waiting for a full blown Lara - If we all buy this, Crystal Dynamics will know we love Lara and bring her back!

BlueSkiesXXV
12th Aug 2010, 15:21
I see that somebody has also uploaded the scans of the GM review over at TR Forums.

Linky: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=171677

Jurre
12th Aug 2010, 15:40
Thanks for sharing. :thumb: Awesome picture of her with the flamethrower by the way

lilhanhan
12th Aug 2010, 15:40
Just checked the "GM loves" spoiler and I have to say that that part sounds AWESOME (Yes I've just used caps lock for emphasis but that's how awesome I think it sounds)! :D

sanromano
12th Aug 2010, 16:01
Great! This game have always looked good in my eyes and it's good to see it's delivering what I expected. Can't wait to play it.

BlueSkiesXXV
12th Aug 2010, 16:16
Thanks for sharing. :thumb: Awesome picture of her with the flamethrower by the way

Indeed, awesome pic :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/LC1.jpg

Jurre
12th Aug 2010, 16:24
I guess the flamethrower won't be of use against the... lava dinosaur Maybe she should pack a... fire extinguisher ...instead.

beretta
12th Aug 2010, 17:52

my question will seen stupid, but Lara does not normally his backpack when it come to this picture?:lol:

Danielsun_
12th Aug 2010, 18:18
awww this is tormenting

i read this and go omg i cannot wait really wanna get it and play with my mates, but because of recent news i know i can't :(

still...single player right...can team kill myself? lol (thats the main reason im getting this game...for the opportunties to team kill :D)

Keir
12th Aug 2010, 23:47
Another awesome review on top of the 9/10 and Game of the Month LCGoL just got from Game Informer in the US :cool:

You might want to hang around tomorrow ;)

lilhanhan
12th Aug 2010, 23:57
You might want to hang around tomorrow ;)

So we're getting a high-res version of the render? Sweet! :D

Although Lara is unbelievably cool and looks like she wants to kill everything that moves in that image, I'm actually more interested in the werewolf like creature in the background...

So there's werewolves in the game!?! With them, Chompy and the flaming T-rexes you can definitely tell that Crystal had a fun time making crazy ideas for this game!

TrickyVein
13th Aug 2010, 00:06
Sweet. Life is good.

dark7angel
13th Aug 2010, 12:57

That pic is indeed so freaking AWESOME!!!! I LOVE it!!!

Danielsun_
14th Aug 2010, 09:50
So we're getting a high-res version of the render? Sweet! :D

Although Lara is unbelievably cool and looks like she wants to kill everything that moves in that image, I'm actually more interested in the werewolf like creature in the background...

So there's werewolves in the game!?! With them, Chompy and the flaming T-rexes you can definitely tell that Crystal had a fun time making crazy ideas for this game!

lol i wonder what other crazy ideas we have yet to see ;)

ThePunkVampire
16th Aug 2010, 21:16
I dont really hav any interest in this 'Laura Croft' game. Im actually kinda disapointd......
bt i will get it anyway just bc i collect all the games with this chik in it. And Laura looks part stripper as well in this game. Her shirt is wayyyy too LOW! Youv also changed her looks too much from the original tomb raiders. The originals will always look the complete BEST!

I cant wait to learn how to game design and work on my tomb raider games. i alredy hav an idea for 1. Its a sequel to AOD (the best tomb raider made). Mayb i can giv u guys ideas on the story line on some of ur games.......im just suggesting....not telling u wat to do. bt its my dream to work with games, it really is.

Danielsun_
16th Aug 2010, 22:58
I dont really hav any interest in this 'Laura Croft' game. Im actually kinda disapointd......
bt i will get it anyway just bc i collect all the games with this chik in it. And Laura looks part stripper as well in this game. Her shirt is wayyyy too LOW! Youv also changed her looks too much from the original tomb raiders. The originals will always look the complete BEST!

I cant wait to learn how to game design and work on my tomb raider games. i alredy hav an idea for 1. Its a sequel to AOD (the best tomb raider made). Mayb i can giv u guys ideas on the story line on some of ur games.......im just suggesting....not telling u wat to do. bt its my dream to work with games, it really is.

Judging from the grammer i'm going to take a wild stab and say you a kid but i don't believe this exempts you from continously posting that AOD is best and CD has ruined Tomb raider and lara croft. i'll be blunt because im tired. stop living in the past, the past is past its gone and will never come back, I will say good luck you to become a game designer but stop posting how AOD is great and how LCGOL is bad, when you have not even played the game

play it and you will be pleasantly surprised ;)

ThePunkVampire
16th Aug 2010, 23:07
i never said it was bad ****....bt the point is im tryin to get at is that they should hav left tomb raider and laura croft alone......and im NOT a kid!!!:mad2:

Y does evry1 get all upset....every1 else puts in there opinion!!!!!

and mayb i will be suprisd...bt idk about that. Look at all the great work they hav done in past...and then this chik happens.....doesnt look like Laura Croft anymore to me... :(

TF.Denis
17th Aug 2010, 02:38
it's because they all get bite by a fly and they all became dummies! they like escaping from the main subject which was lara..and starting a new one..grammar! and then start judging us..forget it vampire..it's just a waste of time trying to get an answer on why they are all unfriendly! but don't judge the game already..maybe u will love it (maybe)

Danielsun_
17th Aug 2010, 07:23
i never said it was bad ****....bt the point is im tryin to get at is that they should hav left tomb raider and laura croft alone......and im NOT a kid!!!:mad2:

Apologies, have re read what i have typed and it seems a bit out of line.

But if they left Lara Croft and Tomb Raider alone then we would not get to play the games in new interesting ways. Most of the community is happy that this game is coming out it's something to bridge gap for the wait of a pillar release

BlueSkiesXXV
17th Aug 2010, 13:14
It looks like the forum mods need to step in. All of the recent threads are getting polluted with nonsense & being taken off on random tangents.

GeorgeMaciver
17th Aug 2010, 14:02
Kudos to CD and I wish them the very best with their release. As to this Punk Vampire, he's obviously a troll. Have the Mods not learned how to keep their forums free from Trolls yet?

:scratch: :D

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 20:01
I was just stating my opinion......and if u check my thred "disapointed?.....New ideas?"
I apologize for acting like a child......i have had a bad week so far....and still am

TF.Denis
17th Aug 2010, 20:39
hahahaha when u can't answer..i need a mod and i need a mod..stop your whining and answer..aww but i forget..you can't! vampire feel free to talk and express your opinions, i got your back! as for the game i repeat..try it first..you don't know..to me it looks very fun!

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 20:43
wat the hek did you ask then????? i cant answer if i dont know what your question was...

TF.Denis
17th Aug 2010, 20:48
lol i say try the game!

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 20:53
I will. I will get it anyway, because i collect all the games with this chik in it :D

TF.Denis
17th Aug 2010, 20:55
loool!

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 20:59
i will! i have to collect all the games with this chik in it no matter what! :D anyway.............! THATS MY FLAME-THROWER!!!!!! ;)