PDA

View Full Version : DEHR first public showing on Gamescom next week!

ZakKa89
10th Aug 2010, 21:27
http://kotaku.com/5609565/heres-what-square-enix-is-bringing-to-gamescom

If you're going to this year's Gamescom convention in Cologne, Germany—like Kotaku is!—you'll be among the first to see games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Final Fantasy XIV in action.

Those are the two titles that Square Enix will be showing off next week only in its special cinema, where the first public showing of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and scheduled presentations of the next Final Fantasy MMO will happen.

I hope this mean we will finally see the footage from e3 in better quality and maybe even more!

I live in the netherlands so it Isn't THAT far but I have work so I don't think I can make it.

jkruse
10th Aug 2010, 21:34
About damn time, looking forward to seeing this.

maddermadcat
10th Aug 2010, 21:46
Let's hope they'll be focusing less on the elaborate takedowns this time.

pringlepower
10th Aug 2010, 21:46
I live in the netherlands so it Isn't THAT far but I have work so I don't think I can make it.

There is the flaw in your priorities

Jerion
10th Aug 2010, 21:52
Good outcome: HD movie of the E3 gameplay demo made publicly available.
Better outcome: HD movie of brand new gameplay made publicly available.

Angel-A
11th Aug 2010, 01:05
http://www.ianfernando.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

Oh man oh gosh official release of in-game footage... THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME!

Who Watches Me
11th Aug 2010, 01:41
"Public first look” would be incredible awesome.
Give us some new info PLEASE and release the E3 demo as HD footage PLEASE.

KSingh77
11th Aug 2010, 02:02
Quick!

Somebody hid a camera and get the footage.

TrickyVein
11th Aug 2010, 02:57
This is weird. Something good is actually happening? That doesn't happen here, least of all is some PR guy actually going to make an announcement themselves - to us - on these forums - about it. Thanks OP for the link!

Isterio
11th Aug 2010, 03:01
Nice ...

Maybe after that they finally start communicating to the community here. It becomes boring coming here several times a week only to see some user postings.

I'm from Switzerland and I never was at the Gamescon .. or Gamescom? This time there would be a good reason to go there.

Maybe they have GREAT news like: "Ah yes, we're going to publish DEHR for Xbox and Playstation in 2011. And if there is a PC version, it will come out around 2015 already!"
D'OH!
I fear those exhibitions for their usually negative surprises ("you can see that we have to delay the game for several months and there will be much less features."). Hopefully, we don't get any of them.

Don't have too high expectations and you can only get positivly surprised!

MechBFP
11th Aug 2010, 03:27
Haha, don't expect HD video from this. You'll probably get another shaky video camera from some monitor. After all, they can't even be bothered to tell us about this, what the hell makes you think they give a ****?

Jerion
11th Aug 2010, 03:49
After all, they can't even be bothered to tell us about this, what the hell makes you think they give a ****?

That's not entirely the case...the guy who's job was to announce things like this to us quit. Next one isn't here yet.

Nyysjan
11th Aug 2010, 03:54
That's not entirely the case...the guy who's job was to announce things like this to us quit. Next one isn't here yet.

they can't be arsed to spent half a minute to do a quick post in their own forums?

Kodaemon
11th Aug 2010, 04:06
No, they're too busy monitoring youtube for the E3 gameplay.

Jerion
11th Aug 2010, 04:07
they can't be arsed to spent half a minute to do a quick post in their own forums?

Hence the word, "Entirely".

Deus_Ex_Machina
11th Aug 2010, 05:37
Over 9000 internetz says the public showing is the E3 footage.

I seriously doubt it's something new, given EM's record.

avenging_teabag
11th Aug 2010, 06:17
Any minute now. Aaaaany minute nowwww.....

Irate_Iguana
11th Aug 2010, 07:37

They have this blog, right? Anybody can take a minute and type up a post about that.

ZakKa89
11th Aug 2010, 08:40
Maybe they were planning to tell us but I was just a bit faster : P

El Zoido
11th Aug 2010, 09:29
This is weird. Something good is actually happening? That doesn't happen here, least of all is some PR guy actually going to make an announcement themselves - to us - on these forums - about it. Thanks OP for the link!

Don't worry, according to recent news the city of Cologne and the company behind the convention center are in some fight over legal and financial issues.

There's even talk about eviction. See this piece of news (it's in german):
http://www.onlinewelten.com/games/gamescom/news/streit-koelnmesse-stadt-koeln-gelaende-eigentuemer-gamescom-in-gefahr-87157/#comment153427

So, there's still some chance that something good is not going to happen. ;)

P.S.: Ok, actually canceling the GC seems pretty unlikely, keep cool!

Cronstintein
11th Aug 2010, 09:44
Man I hope it's a different vid... although at least it won't have that kid's huge melon in the way so it'll be SOME improvement.

Isterio
11th Aug 2010, 09:54
Why did the guy quit, who was supposed to hand us new information?

Is there more behind it, than the naked eye sees? Intrigue, violence, sex and even death? I'm curious.

And why don't they find a new person? Is it so bad to work for this company? Are they like Foxcom?

Uhh ... ohhh ... rumors are spreading and soon noone will buy DXHR anymore! So hurry up and communicate with us ... please :)

APostLife
11th Aug 2010, 09:56
Yay! :)

Kodaemon
11th Aug 2010, 10:06
I'd say the fact that they're so dilligent in removing the leaked E3 videos from the net means we won't be getting a new demo, but rather they'll be showing the same gameplay as the E3 one, except publically now, maybe with some minor tweaks and improements.

SageSavage
11th Aug 2010, 11:04
I guess they show off more or less the same stuff (mechanics, cutscenes and areas) but with proper polish (like smoother animations) and with a few new impressions like different random convos.

DXeXodus
11th Aug 2010, 11:23
Well this is certainly exciting news. I just hope that they release the footage at a decent quality for download.

And my bet is that it will be a similar video to the leak so I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Pretentious Old Man.
11th Aug 2010, 13:56
Over 9000 internetz says the public showing is the E3 footage.

I seriously doubt it's something new, given EM's record.

What he said.

ZakKa89
11th Aug 2010, 20:25
I am also really excited : D.

Personally, I am most curious to see if the facial animation have improved from e3.

I loved everything I've seen from the game except from that.

Ilves
11th Aug 2010, 20:34
An HD release of footage from the E3 demo is fine by me. It's the bolded bit from this quote that has me tickled pink:

You guys are gonna like what they bring out.

Well, some/most of you. A few people will scream bloody murder.

:D

Corpus
11th Aug 2010, 22:10

Personally, I am most curious to see if the facial animation have improved from e3.

God knows. People who saw it again after E3 (and the people who did see it) never comment on the little details and I enjoy analyzing all the bits and pieces :(

We can assume it was an alpha build even though a lot of it was polished.

biofuel
11th Aug 2010, 23:15
the prelim's don't mean sh**. substance of the main event is what counts.

Shralla
12th Aug 2010, 01:34

I... don't really know what problem you had with the faces. I thought they were great.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Aug 2010, 07:49
At last. It will be a treat to see footage in HQ.

ZakKa89
12th Aug 2010, 07:51
I... don't really know what problem you had with the faces. I thought they were great.

The faces looked great but the animation was lacking. Not nearly as good as Half life 2, Mass effect 2, or Uncharted 2 facial animation (even though U2 was prerendered I know).

I am really picky with this stuff.

Jerion
12th Aug 2010, 09:03
The faces looked great but the animation was lacking. Not nearly as good as Half life 2, Mass effect 2, or Uncharted 2 facial animation (even though U2 was prerendered I know).

I am really picky with this stuff.

Given the poor quality of the leaked video, I'm surprised anybody could even make out any significant detail in the facial expressions/animation. :hmm:

Corpus
12th Aug 2010, 11:12
Given the poor quality of the leaked video, I'm surprised anybody could even make out any significant detail in the facial expressions/animation. :hmm:

I think the most obvious was the bouncer in front of the club. I'd say Barrett but the guys got an augmented jaw so I'll give em a break.

ZakKa89
12th Aug 2010, 14:10
I could clearly see from the e3 footage the bouncer had NO facial animation at all.

The guy at the bar only had some subtle eyebrow animation.

It needs a lot more work imo.

Corpus
12th Aug 2010, 14:56
I wanna know what the cyber security dudes name is. I can only make out what I think is Matt Brogan but he says something before that so his nickname might be mad brogan or some crazy crap like that. Could be safe to assume the guy in the E3 trailer is the hacker.

ZakKa89
17th Aug 2010, 09:05
Omg I may be going to gamescom this thursday with a collegue! : O

If I can get my hands on the game, I will be soooo happy!

Spyhopping
17th Aug 2010, 10:00
I wanna know what the cyber security dudes name is. I can only make out what I think is Matt Brogan b

Sounded like Harvey Van Brugen first time I heard it. Don't think I'm right though.

ZakKa89
17th Aug 2010, 10:21
Yes! I'm now certainly going! There will be live presentations which I will attend. I'm hoping to see some new stuff!

mad825
17th Aug 2010, 10:58
SE showing something worthwhile? HA! the very thought would make the universes explode.

pringlepower
17th Aug 2010, 14:00
Sounded like Harvey Van Brugen first time I heard it. Don't think I'm right though.

Arnie van Brugen.

atLaNt1s
19th Aug 2010, 20:05
sooooooo, when are they showing the gameplay?

ZakKa89
19th Aug 2010, 20:12
sooooooo, when are they showing the gameplay?

Multiple times everyday http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=112700