PDA

View Full Version : MAC version!

Kalima
9th Aug 2010, 14:27
Will Eidos consider having a MAC version of Deus Ex Human Evolution?

Who Watches Me
9th Aug 2010, 15:01
I doubt it…by the 10th power…if that makes any sense.

imported_D_X
9th Aug 2010, 15:02
NO...MAC's are evil. Joking aside I would not be surprised if they do make a MAC version since they plan to release DX:HR on steam. If they do make (port it from PC would be more accurate) a MAC version, it would be released after the initial release on PC and the consoles.

Although I'm not too thrilled about this game anymore, especially after seeing the game play footage and it's 3rd person infestation :confused: I'm only hopping that the levels are wast and would have lots of areas to explore that it would spread all the nonsensical 3rd person action and thus making this game more bearable. In other words the verdict is still out as far as weather it's a buy or not. OK that's enough trolling for me, my skin is starting to turn green.:D

Pretentious Old Man.
9th Aug 2010, 15:11
Convert...to...the...light...side...

Angel-A
9th Aug 2010, 15:16
I'm only hopping that the levels are wast

I, too, hop that the levels are wast.

Pretentious Old Man.
9th Aug 2010, 15:18
I, too, hop that the levels are wast.

Vhen did you two become Gunther Hermann? :)

Angel-A
9th Aug 2010, 15:24
Vhen did you two become Gunther Hermann? :)

There's been a shortage of certain soda flavors.

Kodaemon
9th Aug 2010, 15:36
Isn't it possible to simply install Windows on a mac these days?

Pretentious Old Man.
9th Aug 2010, 15:43

That would be like Darth Vader having a green light saber.

Jerion
9th Aug 2010, 16:27
Ok...to the OP, it's Mac, not MAC. Any self-respecting Apple person knows this! :p

Yep, been that way for a few years now. It's the dual-boot software included in OS X called Bootcamp. That's what I do for most of my games (my old Windows box sits on the floor, gathering dust).

Again to the OP, if you've got a Mac powerful enough to run new 3D games like DX:HR, you're better off using Bootcamp for games anyway. With a few exceptions, OS X ports of games tend to have moderately lower framerates than their Windows counterparts.

Fluffis
9th Aug 2010, 17:45
Ok...to the OP, it's Mac, not MAC. Any self-respecting Apple person knows this! :p

It's sad to see, really. I'm one of the few people in the world (apparently) who still call it "Macintosh". A frightening amount of people actually don't seem to understand that "Mac" and "Macintosh" is the same computer. I always get these weird looks from people whenever I use "Macintosh".

pringlepower
9th Aug 2010, 18:28
It's sad to see, really. I'm one of the few people in the world (apparently) who still call it "Macintosh". A frightening amount of people actually don't seem to understand that "Mac" and "Macintosh" is the same computer. I always get these weird looks from people whenever I use "Macintosh".

I hear Macintosh and get hungry.

AaronJ
9th Aug 2010, 19:13
My primary PC is now a shiny MacBook Pro. I'd be very disappointed if I couldn't play the game after all this time.

Shralla
9th Aug 2010, 19:32
My primary PC is now a shiny MacBook Pro. I'd be very disappointed if I couldn't play the game after all this time.

You probably should have taken that into consideration prior to purchasing a machine not in any way designed for or with the intent of playing games.

Huge games get Mac releases. World of Warcraft. The Sims. Valve games. I would be extremely surprised to hear about a Mac version of DX3.

Dead-Eye
9th Aug 2010, 20:56

Thank you, I am going to say Macintosh more often thanks to you. It's part of my standing vigilante in complete and utter disgust for everyone and everything.

Pretentious Old Man.
9th Aug 2010, 21:00
Thank you, I am going to say Macintosh more often thanks to you. It's part of my standing vigilante in complete and utter disgust for everyone and everything.

Awesome, you're part of that too!

Jerion
9th Aug 2010, 22:25
You probably should have taken that into consideration prior to purchasing a machine not in any way designed for or with the intent of playing games.

Huge games get Mac releases. World of Warcraft. The Sims. Valve games. I would be extremely surprised to hear about a Mac version of DX3.

That's just silly. Bootcamp is an easy solution to the issue, and 15" or 17" MacBook Pros are perfectly capable of gaming once Windows is installed alongside OS X. On the other hand if he got one of those 13"...things...then yeah. Shoulda thought about that first.

tartarus_sauce
10th Aug 2010, 00:15
There's no such thing as self-respecting Apple person.

Jerion
10th Aug 2010, 00:49
There's no such thing as self-respecting Apple person.

You obviously don't do anything with audio or video production.

Dead-Eye
10th Aug 2010, 01:30
You obviously don't do anything with audio or video production.

Video Production on a PC is like trying to fight with the forces of nature. Yet for some reason people still clime mount Everest; and I still do video editing on a PC.

tartarus_sauce
10th Aug 2010, 03:37
I actually do video/audio production on PC! I use Premiere. And, okay, fine, if you're just doing video/audio work, a Mac is fine. For everything else, though, Apple's products are ****e designed for the swinish multitudes.

Jerion
10th Aug 2010, 03:43
I actually do video/audio production on PC! I use Premiere. And, okay, fine, if you're just doing video/audio work, a Mac is fine. For everything else, though, Apple's products are ****e designed for the swinish multitudes.

I disagree, but I find it's a matter of exposure.

Pretentious Old Man.
10th Aug 2010, 13:53
I disagree, but I find it's a matter of exposure.

Just when I thought we could be friends. It turns out you work...for the enemy.

*sniff*

sillypooh
12th Aug 2010, 18:17
Although I'll probably pick it up on PC and run it under bootcamp ('cause it'll be out before the Mac version), nowadays the Mac camp is where the party is. A vast majority of Mac users don't run Windows alongside OS X.

Aahhhh.... DX used to fly on my Pismo (Powerbook G3 bronze). Without the Mac version I would have never felt happy 'spilling my drink'.

I just finished Bioshock on my new iMac. Meh! Nobody to talk to, to interact with in the game, is hell. DX1 was off the charts.

3rdmillhouse
13th Aug 2010, 20:55
Will Eidos consider having a MAC version of Deus Ex Human Evolution?

AHaHaH dream on. :rasp:

Jerion
13th Aug 2010, 20:58
Just when I thought we could be friends. It turns out you work...for the enemy.

*sniff*

More of an employed freelancer. ;)

DeusWhatever
13th Aug 2010, 21:52
I will never understand Mac-People, they try so hard to differentiate, it seems like they would do anything, yet still there are so many Mac-Users nowadays that your not that "special" anymore.

If you want to play games, dont buy a mac or use dual-boot. Everything else is stupid, i mean comon why would you use a port that is running worse if you could simply use 10 gb of you hard-drive for a windowns installation? But i guess thats the ironic thing about mac-people, they always talk about usability and advantages yet they wont use another OS even if it would be an advantage ...

Ashpolt
13th Aug 2010, 23:37
I will never understand Mac-People, they try so hard to differentiate, it seems like they would do anything, yet still there are so many Mac-Users nowadays that your not that "special" anymore.

If you want to play games, dont buy a mac or use dual-boot. Everything else is stupid, i mean comon why would you use a port that is running worse if you could simply use 10 gb of you hard-drive for a windowns installation? But i guess thats the ironic thing about mac-people, they always talk about usability and advantages yet they wont use another OS even if it would be an advantage ...

Yeah, I don't get that either. I can understand the appeal of owning a Mac to a degree, but to use it to run Windows, and then run games that way, rather than just buying a PC? It's like a soup enthusiast buying a knife....and then sellotaping a spoon to the side of it.

Jerion
13th Aug 2010, 23:59
Maybe I can shed some light. :)

For me, it's never been about differentiation or elitism. It's all about the OS. I'd be more than happy to get a "real" PC, except that I enjoy using OS X a great deal more than Windows 7. If OS X could be distributed retail for any machine with the kind of stability and "it just works" capability that it has on Apple's tested and focused lineup, I'd jump ship. There is a small community of users who do this, it's called "Hackintoshing". I don't have a lot of faith in my ability to make that kind of rig work consistently.

I keep a Windows 7 partition around for games & associated support apps like TS3. No other reason. There is no other software I want or need that I can't get for OS X (Save for Hammer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Hammer_Editor)). I enjoy PC gaming and for my setup, having a side partition to indulge that is a handy convenience.

Mordoth
9th Dec 2010, 05:38
Maybe I can shed some light. :)

For me, it's never been about differentiation or elitism. It's all about the OS. I'd be more than happy to get a "real" PC, except that I enjoy using OS X a great deal more than Windows 7. If OS X could be distributed retail for any machine with the kind of stability and "it just works" capability that it has on Apple's tested and focused lineup, I'd jump ship. There is a small community of users who do this, it's called "Hackintoshing". I don't have a lot of faith in my ability to make that kind of rig work consistently.

I keep a Windows 7 partition around for games & associated support apps like TS3. No other reason. There is no other software I want or need that I can't get for OS X (Save for Hammer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Hammer_Editor)). I enjoy PC gaming and for my setup, having a side partition to indulge that is a handy convenience.

I know this post hasn't been posted to in a few months, but I just "converted" from a PC to a Mac. The only thing that is a drawback is the paucity of games made for the Mac. Otherwise, I love the stability of the OS and as you say, the "it just works" aspect of Apple's products. And I'm an IT guy in a PC world. The newest generation of Mac absolutely have wonderful hardware for gaming. I just got an iMac with the i7 Core in it that blows the socks off the performance of the "gaming rig" PC I built (which also recently died).

Any tips/tricks on how to get games running on Mac would be appreciated. I am familiar with Boot Camp, and have done some reading on Crossover and WineHQ, and I have even looked over Parallels 6 and VM Fusion, but would like input from a "real person" who's not a paid reviewer, etc.

Senka
9th Dec 2010, 05:45
Maybe I can shed some light

When some people quote you do they change the quote name back to Mr K? >_>

FuzzyPuffin
9th Dec 2010, 05:55
Any tips/tricks on how to get games running on Mac would be appreciated. I am familiar with Boot Camp, and have done some reading on Crossover and WineHQ, and I have even looked over Parallels 6 and VM Fusion, but would like input from a "real person" who's not a paid reviewer, etc.

Bootcamp is your best option, honestly. The other methods require far too much fiddling to get to work. I do use Crossover on occasion for some older games, but mostly, I just restart into Windows.

As for Deus Ex 3 on the Mac, that would be great. Unfortunately, the port would probably use Cider, so performance wouldn't be great. Performance for Mac games generally isn't that great anyway, due to Apple's lackluster OpenGL drivers. I find that even for games like Starcraft 2 which were coded from the start for OS X, it's better just to play them in Windows to enjoy a 10-20% boost in performance. Mac gaming for non-casual titles won't be worth it until Apple gets serious about fixing OpenGL performance.

I have fond mac memories of Deus Ex, which was ported to Mac OS 9. I remember reading and re-reading MacAddict's review that promised "this is more than just a game," and then playing it @ 20 FPS on my 350 iMac. :)

cartridge
9th Dec 2010, 06:10
This is like the tenth thread in the last day where the OP still only has 1 post...

What's with that?

ZakKa89
9th Dec 2010, 11:27
I am a graphic designer and I don't even use a mac.

Booya

mad825
9th Dec 2010, 12:08
This is like the tenth thread in the last day where the OP still only has 1 post...

What's with that?

people are too afraid to admit that they like Macs and admit they are overpriced.

Jerion
9th Dec 2010, 12:17
Locking. This is not a Mac Vs. PC bashing thread.