PDA

View Full Version : Witch games have you played more than once ?

petersjov
6th Aug 2010, 22:01
Im just interested :scratch:

1) Name the game.
2) 1-3 thoughts on why you played the game more than once.

--------------

Fear 2

1. I just love the fire fights, and the way the ai moves & give a nice challange.

2. There was a harder mode, my first playthrough was on "normal"

3. Slow-mo...Rules !!

JackGordon
6th Aug 2010, 22:22
In most cases: all of them. Why? Because I only buy games I really want. And games I really want usually get more than one spin.

ohitspatty
6th Aug 2010, 22:54
Most of my favorite games such as Metal Gear Solid series or Silent Hill series.
But if game is seriously good enough, I'll play through it at least twice.

My reasons are usually;
1) Good story & characters (Metal Gear Solid series, Kane & Lynch)
2) Fun game (Dead Rising, Max Payne)
3) Different outcomes (Silent Hill, Heavy Rain)

joe the janitor
6th Aug 2010, 23:13
Games I have played more then once?
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
- Original story, that when you get the right ending you go "Ohhhhhh, now I get it!"
- Tons of extremely fun mods (http://www.moddb.com/mods/super-mod-pack)!
- Very immersive, and atmospheric.

Bevacur
7th Aug 2010, 18:27
Mass Effect series and Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus, The Suffering 1/2, Dead Space, Silent Hill series apart from 1 and Condemned 2.

petersjov
7th Aug 2010, 19:26
Mass Effect series and Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus, The Suffering 1/2, Dead Space, Silent Hill series apart from 1 and Condemned 2.

Nice, but pick one or more, and tell me why ?

Its not like anyone would play through forza 3, more than once ;-)...i think

ohitspatty
7th Aug 2010, 19:33
Are you serious? People like all kinds of games and play through on many occasions.
Especially now with Trophies/Achievements...which reminds me how I played through Hitman Blood Money to get full 1000. Awesome game, I will probably play it once more in the future.

Bevacur
7th Aug 2010, 19:56
Nice, but pick one or more, and tell me why ?

Its not like anyone would play through forza 3, more than once ;-)...i think

The Suffering series. It was my first true horror game and i loved it.

The jumps are differen't at tims (the images) are scary. I hated it when you go up to a truck and a image of your dead wife with a mangled face just pops up with an eerie loud sound.

Some images are scary and some are not. The image wich is blurry and kinda looks similiar to Horace was freaky. In the asylum level, the images of symbols were stupid but the sound that plays when the image appears is scary!

There are tons of jumpy moments. Your morality effects the ending and the story. Good karma means you didnt kill your family, bad karma you did, neutral you did kill your family but not on purpose.

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Aug 2010, 20:10
Kane and lynch, obviously -_-
I gave GTA 4 a few spins, assassins creed 1 -2 got quite a battering from me, call of duty 4, borderlands, alien vs predator "Well ofc i played it twice, theres three campaigns :)" half life 2, half life, and a little project im working on i've played more times than ive slept...

Also i dont play games based on witches.

Kent-45
7th Aug 2010, 20:18
Someone needs to make a thread called "Games you've played 4, but no more than 6 times."

Brackstone17
8th Aug 2010, 02:17
I play all my games at least twice. The games I have replayed the most (generally around 5 or 6 times) are Halo 1-3, Kane and Lynch, Republic Commando, Red Dead Revolver, and Half-Life 2.

SovietAmerika
8th Aug 2010, 03:17
theres so many but one that im on now is FFVII,I played it once in the 90's on the playstation,lately ive felt that i want to defeat Sephiroth again so i downloaded it onto my pc for one more round.

petersjov
8th Aug 2010, 08:27
I think its awesome, i dont play many games more than once, because ..the story is the same,the enemy does the same thing, i really only play games that "give" me something new, i played diablo 1+2 more than once.

Its notlike a 100 people have made a comment on this tread, i thought it would be an intresting question, because most people (i think) dont play games more than once, but maybe i was wrong :scratch:

Bevacur
8th Aug 2010, 13:22
I normally don't play games over again.I just play certain levels i enjoyed. Modern Warfare 2 'No Russian' for example. I just enjoyed blowing up the scenery, shops and suitcases.

On Alan Wake i like the level where your on a music stage, that was awesome.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Aug 2010, 23:31
Actually for me the question should be "which game i didn't played more than once" ...

Because ... wait what ? ...

I just play certain levels i enjoyed. Modern Warfare 2 'No Russian' for example. I just enjoyed blowing up the scenery, shops and suitcases.

So ... like ... why am i the only one who is just scared ****less of this little devil that hangs around with us ? ...