PDA

View Full Version : Without something new every day seems the same

Esnuk
3rd Aug 2010, 18:27
Dear moderators and administrators, I would like to know if DXHR will attend gamescom 2010 in Cologne. Will there be interesting material from Canadian software house? If so, will they be publicly disclosed?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

MechBFP
3rd Aug 2010, 18:33
Dear moderators and administrators will attend gamescom to be held in Cologne this month.

Really?

ThePrecursor
3rd Aug 2010, 19:20
Yes, that was some poor placed punctuation.

It has already been revealed that EM will attend Gamescom, bringing some new DX:HR stuff. No information on it being shown behind closed doors though.

Jerion
3rd Aug 2010, 19:20
You guys are gonna like what they bring out.

Well, some/most of you. A few people will scream bloody murder.

Shralla
3rd Aug 2010, 19:24
Well that could mean one of two things, and neither one is particularly pleasing in terms of being active on the forum.

Jerion
3rd Aug 2010, 19:34
Well that could mean one of two things, and neither one is particularly pleasing in terms of being active on the forum.

Mmm. For as long as this game is in development, there will be some people here who are unhappy with it and want to make their voices known. That's how it is. As far as making the forum and community more enjoyable, that's being worked on. Some new things are coming; "The Hive" OT area is already here. Future Community events- from simple forum games to an interactive Dev Q&A session- are things that I'm pushing. We'll see what happens with that, so far I've only gotten positive responses. :)

Fluffis
3rd Aug 2010, 19:54
As far as making the forum and community more enjoyable, that's being worked on. Some new things are coming; "The Hive" OT area is already here. Future Community events- from simple forum games to an interactive Dev Q&A session- are things that I'm pushing. We'll see what happens with that, so far I've only gotten positive responses. :)

Honestly, what would we do without you, Mr. K... :flowers:

At this point, anything that changes the status quo is welcome.

Deus_Ex_Machina
4th Aug 2010, 01:29
You guys are gonna like what they bring out.

Well, some/most of you. A few people will scream bloody murder.

On one hand, any and all new information in the form of previews, screenshots or in-game footage would be welcomed.

On the other hand, if any and all new information is confirmation that even more gameplay mechanics will be made "accessible", then the majority of the DX community, especially those who have been here longer, will have negative comments to say about that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while we may not like the specific details of any and all new information, we welcome new information being released on the off-chance it's something we like.

Having said all that, we do appreciate individuals at EM like you who are trying their best to give us new information. But we don't appreciate the CIA-style information blackouts.

TLDR : We need moar information, less promises, and possibly moar cowbell. :D

Jerion
4th Aug 2010, 02:08
Having said all that, we do appreciate individuals at EM like you who are trying their best to give us new information. But we don't appreciate the CIA-style information blackouts.

Heh, I'm in the unfortunate(?) position of not actually being employed by Eidos Montréal. Or Square Enix for that matter. I'm just a regular guy like you, just, one who happens to hear things and talks to certain people. :)

Romeo
4th Aug 2010, 02:29
On one hand, any and all new information in the form of previews, screenshots or in-game footage would be welcomed.

On the other hand, if any and all new information is confirmation that even more gameplay mechanics will be made "accessible", then the majority of the DX community, especially those who have been here longer, will have negative comments to say about that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while we may not like the specific details of any and all new information, we welcome new information being released on the off-chance it's something we like.

TLDR : We need moar information, less promises, and possibly moar cowbell. :D
Yeah man, we mods are slave labour, don't kid yourself. :rasp:

As for the rest of your comment: Yezz, moar cowbell indede.

FrankCSIS
4th Aug 2010, 02:55
Yeah man, we mods are slave labour, don't kid yourself

What you need is a union.

I'll set it up, for a small fee.

Sign at the bottom, in blood if possible. We'll take good care of you.

Jerion
4th Aug 2010, 02:58

Mods, unionizing? Damn, if a strike happens the internet is screwed!

Romeo
4th Aug 2010, 03:10

I hate unions. I've worked three, they've been nothing but a headache (And this is coming from a Diabetic who stands to inherit the medical coverage). 99.99999% of the time, I've just cut a deal with the boss for him to help with medical expenses, and the pay is always fine anyway.

Nosiree, you're not fooling me. lol

Until Obama cuts us off. :rolleyes:

Dead-Eye
4th Aug 2010, 15:19

Forever in history we will remember the day when so much spam hit the internet at once that servers all across the web started crashing in such a random fashion as to create the worlds first cognitive electronic intelligence. If it where not for the brave people of the moderation then the ending the world would happen in a wave of nuclear lunches and rick rolls.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
4th Aug 2010, 21:49
Yeah man, we mods are slave labour, don't kid yourself. :rasp:

Speak for yourself, I'm a slave for no one. :p
Besides, I'm paid in kindness. Perks do me fine... ;)

Romeo
5th Aug 2010, 01:06
Forever in history we will remember the day when so much spam hit the internet at once that servers all across the web started crashing in such a random fashion as to create the worlds first cognitive electronic intelligence. If it where not for the brave people of the moderation then the ending the world would happen in a wave of nuclear lunches and rick rolls.

...Sounds good to me. (Don't click the link if you fear bad words).

Speak for yourself, I'm a slave for no one. :p
Besides, I'm paid in kindness. Perks do me fine... ;)
Where in our little corner of hell have you found kindness? I'm moving there. :rasp:

Jerion
5th Aug 2010, 01:51

...Sounds good to me. (Don't click the link if you fear bad words).

Where in our little corner of hell have you found kindness? I'm moving there. :rasp:

It's over there, behind the PM chute and next to the caffeine dispenser. There's a little crack in the wall where it just seeps through.

Romeo
5th Aug 2010, 05:16
It's over there, behind the PM chute and next to the caffeine dispenser. There's a little crack in the wall where it just seeps through.
We have a caffeine dispenser? Man, I need a new agent, I'm getting screwed.

Jerion
5th Aug 2010, 06:05
We have a caffeine dispenser? Man, I need a new agent, I'm getting screwed.

Yeah, it appeared a couple weeks ago. Not sure how or why, but I'm not saying no!

Romeo
5th Aug 2010, 14:38
Yeah, it appeared a couple weeks ago. Not sure how or why, but I'm not saying no!
Was probably the flaming penguins.

How can anyone say we're consistent here? We're more hyper-active than my gear-changes. :rolleyes: