PDA

View Full Version : Fatal DirectX Error

delphshadow
3rd Aug 2010, 05:53
Code: 15
Result: 0x80070057: E_INVALIDARG

I continue to get this error. I have updated video drivers, updated DirectX, reinstalled the game twice but the error continues to appear. I am presently running Windows 7 Professional 32bit and have verified that my video card is compatible up to DirectX version 11. I do not have access to a website where I can upload my dxdiag and msinfo information but could easily email both if needed. Or, if it would be more convenient, I could copy and paste the information from both to this thread for your perusal. Tried this game out on a demonstration computer at an electronics store, loved it to pieces, badly want to be able to use it at home.

3rd Aug 2010, 14:25
Which cpu and videocard do you have? how much memory on your system?

FatalError
4th Aug 2010, 07:40
I am having the exact same problem as this. I have the alienware m11x-R2 and my graphics card is the nvidia geforce 335m. I have 4gb of ram, my processor is intel core i5 cpu. I have windows 7 home premium 64-bit. And my directx version is 11. I am really not sure about this and why that it is not working as my laptop can handle next to any game on high settings. Thank you in advance for try ing to help me. Now im gonna go back to doing :mad2: until my game starts to work :)

delphshadow
4th Aug 2010, 16:05
Which cpu and videocard do you have? how much memory on your system?

I'm running an Intel Core2 Duo 2.93 ghz w/ 2 gb of RAM. My videocard is an integrated Intel G45/43 4-series Express with 814 mb RAM (64 mb dedicated video, 750 shared with system, whatever that means).

Nine
4th Aug 2010, 18:25
I'm running an Intel Core2 Duo 2.93 ghz w/ 2 gb of RAM. My videocard is an integrated Intel G45/43 4-series Express with 814 mb RAM (64 mb dedicated video, 750 shared with system, whatever that means).

you'll never get a game like JC2 to run with integrated graphics. This isnt a matter of you having an error its a matter of you hardware not being capable of running the game. If you want to run JC2 then you are going to need a dedicated graphics card and more RAM wouldn't hurt. May I suggest the console version instead.

FatalError
5th Aug 2010, 00:06
Yes yes, however i am far from using integrated laptops and i know my system is capable of running this game however this error still comes up. I dont understand why eidos hasnt fixed this problem yet as i know numerous people with this same exact problem

5th Aug 2010, 01:32
@fatal Nine was responding to delph,eidos/avalanche are done supporting this game, Ive seen others with your system having the problem say that reverting to the stock video drivers from the manufacturers(dell) site willl run JC2,but YMMV.

good luck.