PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer=horrible sorry to say.

blablablacksheep
2nd Aug 2010, 13:37
I downloaded demo and played singleplayer and it feels like a typical type of game made by eidos, good quality story and good graphics and gameplay:)

hitman style:)

i then go online and it becomes clear it a differant game.

Firstly il list the good.

1:good ideas for online modes
2:fun with players having a goal and choosing if they complete or not
3:graphics

now for ths bloody anoying and terrible

1:lag lag lag, host disconnects, this pretty much non stop .

2:microphones and unable to chat or mute. this WILL drive you mad being stuck in game with 7 kids with microphones spamming the airwaves shouting "do you hear me?" no mute is soo stupid.(there is no mute right?)

3:crashing, every 1/4 or less games = a crash to destop useally when joining a room or in the lobby or closing... ect.

4:lvling system: the game doesnt save each lvl once you get it, thus if you disconnect or crash ALL progress is reset, i have lvled 6 times and all times i been reset to lvl 8 mugger after host dced or crashed to destop, plain stupid considering for online progression you should have automatic saving during every lvl progression and stats increase.

5:no dedicated servers? i hope this purely demo related but i hate being matchmade with a bunch of kids in a server with a russian host with 10,000 ping thanks....i hope this just demo related.

There my main issues, and atm multiplayer isnt sellable in its current form with those 5 issues, maybe they can be fixed before retail maybe but untill they are i cannot see people buying this unless they die hard fans or really really love singleplayer and dont care much for online play.

singleplayer=:thumb:
online multiplayer=:mad2:+:confused:=this was beta tested before demo :eek:

Son of Nerlin
2nd Aug 2010, 14:07
Your name sums up how I feel about your topicl: bla bla bla bla

SovietAmerika
2nd Aug 2010, 14:13
did you really expect the demo to save your level???it does save in the full game.as for lag i dont get much at all(360)

blablablacksheep
2nd Aug 2010, 14:16
it pc as i said in post

SovietAmerika
2nd Aug 2010, 14:27
it pc as i said in post
well theres your problem

blablablacksheep
2nd Aug 2010, 14:31
what is that ment to mean?

this game bothered to release on pc so what is this game called kane and lynch 2 dog days....DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE PC...?

if so thanks for letting me know il let all my mates know not to bother wasting their money on this game:)

cheers

p.s

Your name sums up how I feel about your topicl: bla bla bla bla

ur the type of dicks who ruin games, i posted perfectly i not trolling game but as you proven if game full of kids like yourself with microphones no wonder it failing online.

grow some balls kid .

SlashPrower
2nd Aug 2010, 14:49
1.) Stop whining about how other people are mean to poor little you.
2.) Demo does not represent the finished game. Both PS3 and PC users got shafted with the demo.
3.) What he means is that the PC demo is incredibly flawed, as well as the PS3 demo. That's why it screws up. So, back off.

Kent-45
2nd Aug 2010, 16:51
He's not whining, he's raised legitimate problems with the demo and a bunch of trolls attacked him for it.

Ignore these ******* trolls blacksheep.

STOCKMAN
2nd Aug 2010, 17:13
1.) Stop whining about how other people are mean to poor little you.
2.) Demo does not represent the finished game. Both PS3 and PC users got shafted with the demo.
3.) What he means is that the PC demo is incredibly flawed, as well as the PS3 demo. That's why it screws up. So, back off.

what ??? ps3 has problems too? it is not only pc demo who has problem? that nice to heard. I:):):)

JackGordon
2nd Aug 2010, 17:15
He's not whining, he's raised legitimate problems with the demo and a bunch of trolls attacked him for it.

Ignore these ******* trolls blacksheep.
Seconded.:rolleyes:

ohitspatty
2nd Aug 2010, 18:17
The demo is very flawed but I believe IOI will fix it.

As for lag, I barley get any on both PS3 and 360.

Bevacur
2nd Aug 2010, 19:21
I downloaded demo and played singleplayer and it feels like a typical type of game made by eidos, good quality story and good graphics and gameplay:)

hitman style:)

i then go online and it becomes clear it a differant game.

Firstly il list the good.

1:good ideas for online modes
2:fun with players having a goal and choosing if they complete or not
3:graphics

now for ths bloody anoying and terrible

1:lag lag lag, host disconnects, this pretty much non stop .

2:microphones and unable to chat or mute. this WILL drive you mad being stuck in game with 7 kids with microphones spamming the airwaves shouting "do you hear me?" no mute is soo stupid.(there is no mute right?)

3:crashing, every 1/4 or less games = a crash to destop useally when joining a room or in the lobby or closing... ect.

4:lvling system: the game doesnt save each lvl once you get it, thus if you disconnect or crash ALL progress is reset, i have lvled 6 times and all times i been reset to lvl 8 mugger after host dced or crashed to destop, plain stupid considering for online progression you should have automatic saving during every lvl progression and stats increase.

5:no dedicated servers? i hope this purely demo related but i hate being matchmade with a bunch of kids in a server with a russian host with 10,000 ping thanks....i hope this just demo related.

There my main issues, and atm multiplayer isnt sellable in its current form with those 5 issues, maybe they can be fixed before retail maybe but untill they are i cannot see people buying this unless they die hard fans or really really love singleplayer and dont care much for online play.

singleplayer=:thumb:
online multiplayer=:mad2:+:confused:=this was beta tested before demo :eek:

The demo was great i had no problems with it. Connection issues sure were a ***** at times i guess.

SlashPrower
2nd Aug 2010, 19:35
what ??? ps3 has problems too? it is not only pc demo who has problem? that nice to heard. I:):):)

Oh yeah. Every time I try to play multiplayer, my entire system freezes. This is very common on the PS3 demo.

ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard
2nd Aug 2010, 21:57
Xbox 360 - Great, no Crashing or Lag (98% of the time)
PS3 - Crashes often, no Lag (98% of the time)
PC - Crashes often, Lags and no Mute feature. (So I hear)

ScarletSnake
2nd Aug 2010, 22:01
I disagree with the title completely.

IMO, the pros of this game overwhelm the cons. The idea, gameplay, graphics, atmosphere, everything is so good that even when I have a technical problem (I play on PS3, dog days crashes constantly on Fragile Alliance menu) I cannot even swear at the game or IOI. I've been playing the demo 24/7... I'm addicted to it. If you cannot seperate the good parts from the bad parts and enjoy this experience then I feel sorry for you. Multiplayer TPS's have never been this good for me, Uncharted 2 came close but this is epic WIN. Best MP since CoD4 IMHO.

maninblue
2nd Aug 2010, 22:39

IMO, the pros of this game overwhelm the cons. The idea, gameplay, graphics, atmosphere, everything is so good that even when I have a technical problem (I play on PS3, dog days crashes constantly on Fragile Alliance menu) I cannot even swear at the game or IOI. I've been playing the demo 24/7... I'm addicted to it. If you cannot seperate the good parts from the bad parts and enjoy this experience then I feel sorry for you. Multiplayer TPS's have never been this good for me, Uncharted 2 came close but this is epic WIN. Best MP since CoD4 IMHO.

100% agree :thumb:

fragile alliance is :nut::lmao:

joe the janitor
3rd Aug 2010, 00:25
Why do we have these people coming to the Kane and Lynch forums to tell us (even though we have already played the demo, and are oviously fans) that they don't like the demo?! Just think that this guy must be really brain dead!

ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard
3rd Aug 2010, 00:42
i disagree with the title completely.

Imo, the pros of this game overwhelm the cons. The idea, gameplay, graphics, atmosphere, everything is so good that even when i have a technical problem (i play on ps3, dog days crashes constantly on fragile alliance menu) i cannot even swear at the game or ioi. I've been playing the demo 24/7... I'm addicted to it. If you cannot seperate the good parts from the bad parts and enjoy this experience then i feel sorry for you. Multiplayer tps's have never been this good for me, uncharted 2 came close but this is epic win. Best mp since cod4 imho.

+ 1

Aureilia
3rd Aug 2010, 07:15
Hasn't it got to be released first to actually fail online?

Remember PC's are no longer the main platform developers work on. It's mainly 360 > PS3 > PC

I would even guess the 360 version is ported to the PS3 while the PS3 version is ported to the PC. or maybe both are just ports from the 360.

No one really cares about PC gaming anymore unless they are racing simulation fans and a small amount of First Person Shooter fans. Sad but true.

Only thing worth noting is the game does need host migration.

STOCKMAN
3rd Aug 2010, 09:06
Hasn't it got to be released first to actually fail online?

Remember PC's are no longer the main platform developers work on. It's mainly 360 > PS3 > PC

I would even guess the 360 version is ported to the PS3 while the PS3 version is ported to the PC. or maybe both are just ports from the 360.

No one really cares about PC gaming anymore unless they are racing simulation fans and a small amount of First Person Shooter fans. Sad but true.

Only thing worth noting is the game does need host migration.

that not true i know a lot of people who want to play Kane and lynch2 on pc. Eidos is pc supporter as they release all of their games on pc. 2K EA, UBISOFT THQ, TAKE TWO, ACTIVISION SQUARE ENIX EIDOS ID e.t.c. still care for the pc as they release 99% of their games on the pc even if they are not always bug-free.

ScarletSnake
3rd Aug 2010, 13:16
I guess his point was that developers dont really care for PC gamers anymore, hence the biggest selling game of all time, MW2 is an example of. I'm a hardcore PC gamer at heart and I feel really sad about the current status of PC gaming. Since console games sell more publishers are obliged to put pressure on the developers to make the console versions better. To make matters worse, my observation (captain obvious, lol) is that most of the games that are coming out are developed as console games and then ported over to the PC...

We can demand the exact opposite and get what we want, like Treyarch did in CoD: Black Ops (dedicated servers are back baby!) or we can just go with the flow. Either way publishers will still get extra money from M$ and $ony for making "exclusive" titles or content, I'm talking millions of dollars here (effin Rock$tar Games for GTA: Episodes from LC), so long as they get the money I don't think they'll really care for PC gamers.

Last but not least there's a flipside to that coin, like McCauley said in Heat. The amount of money they make off console gamers really ups the scale of production, budget and quality of the final product, so we do get better games in terms of presentation(K&L:2 Dog Days, epic example IMO). So we may lose in one area but we win in another. It's sort of like an evolution that we're passing through, we'll all see where this leads to...

UhUh
3rd Aug 2010, 14:32
Ok let's derail this thread already.

MW2 is hardly the best selling video game ever, with about 12 millions copies(on both 360 and ps3, don't know about pc sales, but it's not going to be much more) doesn't even surpass The Sims with 16 millions on just one platform (pc that is if you don't know). Both of them don't even come close to the bull**** numbers that nintendo does on the wii( wii play is about 27 millions and it's not even a bundle).

But to get back on the pc is dead...this has been said for longer than you know, and we're still here saying it, but it's not going to go anywhere anytime soon; while we're saying this, just the other day Starcraft2 was released and it's already some millions in, and the other Blizzard thing (WoW) is among the most played games ever. To this add things like Zynga and its facebook games and you'll see another world.

Obviously pc most of the times isn't the platform of choice, like in K&L case, as developing for a closed platform is easier to do, and gives you the possibility of porting it to other consoles and the pc itself. But it's also the other way around, as many smaller games make its way easly on the pc market and then being ported to consoles, or where the developers find a strength in the platform as is the case for Valve, Blizzard or Bioware; others are just exclusive to pc without apparent reason (like The Witcher).

In the end it's just a matter of choice from the distributor/developer, wether to put its resources on 360, ps3, wii or pc(maybe we should add mac too) as all of them have their strengths and weaknesses.

ScarletSnake
3rd Aug 2010, 19:04
Well I dont count The Sims as a game... but facts are facts you may be right. I've read that MW2 was the best selling game of all time. It May be wrong, it may be true Maybe as a FPS. Starcraft2 is a RTS. I think the point we're trying to make is that action/shooter/FPS games(which should be what we're talking about in this thread, again, why the hell is The Sims even mentioned, way to derail dude) are now console based games.

UhUh
3rd Aug 2010, 19:59
Well I dont count The Sims as a game... but facts are facts you may be right. I've read that MW2 was the best selling game of all time. It May be wrong, it may be true Maybe as a FPS. Starcraft2 is a RTS. I think the point we're trying to make is that action/shooter/FPS games(which should be what we're talking about in this thread, again, why the hell is The Sims even mentioned, way to derail dude) are now console based games.

Well I don't consider MW2 a game, not really fair is it?
Anyway you may be mistaken with the fact that MW2 had the biggest opening, it sold a ****load on the first day, that is true.
But as I said, it depends from game to game, don't just look at what matters to you, there's plenty of other stuff (even among shooters) that are made with pc in mind first.

Having both a somewhat good pc and a 360 I get to play whatever please me, I just never bought into the console vs pc war.

Kent-45
3rd Aug 2010, 20:08
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/07/rumour-microsoft-killed-plans-for-pc-vs-xbox-360-online-play/

The proposal, part of Microsoft’s LIVE push, popped up “many many months ago”, and would have allowed people playing games available on both PC and 360 – like Gears of War – to take each other on. Kind of like 2007 shooter Shadowrun, only people would actually play it.

Problems quickly arose in testing, however, when Microsoft found that even the best console gamers simply couldn’t compete with the accuracy a mouse and keyboard afforded a PC player. “The console players got destroyed every time”, Sood says. “So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative.”

jtr7
8th Aug 2010, 02:11

Weird. He DID separate the good parts from the bad... :scratch: He also specified what it was that ruined his MP experience, which are things that cannot be ignored and ensure little enjoyment of the good things. How can you, maninblue, and ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard expect him to enjoy the good with lag, disconnects, and crashing? Weird.

maninblue
8th Aug 2010, 19:24
How can you, maninblue, and ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard expect him to enjoy the good with lag, disconnects, and crashing? Weird.

Im not expecting him to enjoy the game, i just think he should know that it IS possible to enjoy the game despite its flaws.

Just like some people cant stand some movies because of certain flaws, other people can look past them and enjoy them.

sigrun
8th Aug 2010, 20:49
I love the way some people can't honest critic of a game they like.