PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Kill vampire = Stab in hearth ?

SaturaxCZ
2nd Apr 2014, 07:42
I realy like combat system and dont want to change it, just give cherry on top.

There is no problem when vampire die after lose head, half body or get shoot in hearth, but why have vampire to die when he get Arrow in Knee ? arm, leg, atc... I tought it would be nice let him fall on ground, but make humans execute him until some time limit, if they dont kill him in time vampire will resurect with some minimal HP ( like 5%-10% ) and get chance to run or last time atack hunter.

I think its rewarding for humans who aim precisely and every one will want execute defencless vampire on ground.

Vampires will like it too, get second chance and hope to get resurect right before enemy stab you to death.

0Exroath0
2nd Apr 2014, 14:21
I realy like combat system and dont want to change it, just give cherry on top.

There is no problem when vampire die after lose head, half body or get shoot in hearth, but why have vampire to die when he get Arrow in Knee ? arm, leg, atc... I tought it would be nice let him fall on ground, but make humans execute him until some time limit, if they dont kill him in time vampire will resurect with some minimal HP ( like 5%-10% ) and get chance to run or last time atack hunter.

I think its rewarding for humans who aim precisely and every one will want execute defencless vampire on ground.

Vampires will like it too, get second chance and hope to get resurect right before enemy stab you to death.

I'll be honest here.. Vampires would destroy humans every single game if this was added. I rarely die as it is .. to then be given a second chance? I would truely never die... Unless I played sentinel (Clearly I havent offered enough child sacrifices to play that class well)

PencileyePirate
2nd Apr 2014, 14:37
I'd rather they just add the ability for humans to execute "killed" vampires for +10 exp ... humans clearly wouldn't heal like vamps, but each human class could have its own animation (just like vampires.) Hunters could put an arrow through the heart, alchs could burn the corpse, etc.

More style than substance, though.

SaturaxCZ
2nd Apr 2014, 14:37
I'll be honest here.. Vampires would destroy humans every single game if this was added. I rarely die as it is .. to then be given a second chance? I would truely never die... Unless I played sentinel (Clearly I havent offered enough child sacrifices to play that class well)

Meybe you was just lucky and didnt meet right players, who will shot you in middle air on 100m :rasp: just kiding, but humans are weak becose there is a lot of players who dont aim in front of target corectly and fight on short distance only ( where have vampires oblivious advantage ) but i believe it will improve soon. Enjoy your hunt, for now :gamer:

Psyonix_Corey
2nd Apr 2014, 18:12
We discussed it, and it's not compatible with Nosgoth for a few reasons:

1) Breaks core gameplay balance of humans being able to kill from range
2) Encourages humans to run away from teammates to execute vampires

There could potentially be a gamemode that involved this mechanic, but it would have to be balanced significantly differently than the core modes. Maybe not 4v4 for instance.

Wheel_of_Kain
3rd Apr 2014, 13:31
I've been pondering on the topic of executions in game for some time now and I think that it would be a neat little feature to let humans execute vampires too. Like lets say you as a hunter killed a reaver and his limp body is laying down before you. He is dead, the frag is yours, but he is "technically" alive. So why not let hunter come to him, take his machete and stab him to confirm kill? It's a nice little thing to add flavor and maybe award little bonus exp.