PDA

View Full Version : Why can you not play with friends on the XBL demo.

MaV3RiK101st
1st Aug 2010, 00:35
How come you can't play with friends on the demo. It would be way better if you could.

BeardedHoplite
1st Aug 2010, 00:52
I think since there are only ranked matches in the demo and the general consensus is that you can't invite because that will cause mass boosting.

Maximbonne
1st Aug 2010, 00:57
to stop people from ruining others' experience by joining with 7 friends and ganging up on the 1 guy who's just trying out the game to see how the multiplayer feels. It's a bit annoying to not be able to play with friends at all, especially since it's the demo and playing with friends can change the experience greatly but I'd also be pissed if I joined and saw that it was me and a clan, making me a primary target for betrayal. This way it evens the ground. From what I can tell though, this isn't in the actual game (or wasn't before). If you watch the Giant Bomb video of the limited demo, he ends up in a game with two people who's names are too similar for it to be a coincidence and not be on each other's friend's list. While it's not concrete evidence, it shows that at at least one point joining friends was possible. Personally I think I am against friends joining friends in ranked for the reason I mentioned, however, it's a position I'm not particularly dedicated to and I have conflicting ideas on.

joe the janitor
1st Aug 2010, 01:04
It's a demo...

SovietAmerika
1st Aug 2010, 02:21
i see that there will be a xbl party option,will me and a friend be able to look for ranked matches together in the full game?or only player matches?

BBboy20
1st Aug 2010, 10:01
How come you can't play with friends on the demo. It would be way better if you could.Same with PS3 and PC.

JackGordon
1st Aug 2010, 10:07
That's why the gaming gods have created Player Matches for the full version of the game.
Ranked with friends would result in team killing and achievement/trophy boosting.

petersjov
1st Aug 2010, 10:18
There is not many demos on xbl, that lets you play multiplayer... - my guess is that io, would have to pay extra for putting the demo online, and maybe even payfor each person online ?