PDA

View Full Version : A cut-loose option in fragile alliance?

steveigog
31st Jul 2010, 18:19
I was wondering what people thought of there maybe being an option to cut loose members of the gang who have no loot without being forced out of the split by becoming a traitor. Maybe a player would still become a traitor (as in get the orange status) but can still put in and take their split of the pot, as long as they've only betrayed guys with $0.

Another option could be that say with a short amount of time left (1 min?) or when within a certain distance from the escape point the player(s) with $0 are put on yellow card. This could turn those players into traitors or they could not get shot and leave with everyone else.

I think this would increase the overall thrill of fragile alliance and make for some interesting situations, especially intense for the guys with $0 (perhaps turning them into traitors), what do you guys think?

P.S. It's not meant to be a punishment for the guys with no loot, as they sometimes kill the most cops and are very helpful, but once they've outlived their usefulness it makes sense the rest of the criminals could greedily cut them loose (or respectfully let them stay in).

Sorry for the big post, but i really think it would make fragile alliance better. :D

P.P.S I'm a complete noob to these forums :D

GrievousOdyssey
31st Jul 2010, 18:37
It's true that some players end up with nearly no loot on themselve because they were busy taking care of the cops , these are alright , and it's generally stupid to betray them (well it depends) ...
Some people however just do absolutely nothing and expect a cut of the loot , these need to be shot on sight without penalty ...
That or the driver just 'refuse' to take him onboard ...
"Sorry kid , no loot , no entry to my van , beat it !" and then a dog comes out of nowhere and munch him alive ...

Of course , that's if the maps themselves are difficult enough in the first place , because based on the demo most people here sees the enemy A.I. as anything but a 'threat' , so the story of the guy with no loot because he was 'busy' taking care of them minor threats is going to be harder to believe this time , and will probably get a fuel tank in the face ...

PS : nice to big posts around here , by the way ...

maninblue
31st Jul 2010, 19:34
It's true that some players end up with nearly no loot on themselve because they were busy taking care of the cops , these are alright , and it's generally stupid to betray them (well it depends) ...
Some people however just do absolutely nothing and expect a cut of the loot , these need to be shot on sight without penalty ...
That or the driver just 'refuse' to take him onboard ...
"Sorry kid , no loot , no entry to my van , beat it !" and then a dog comes out of nowhere and munch him alive ...

I think the reason for this is that some people are still new to this and dont really get the game mechanics, or its because they have plans to betray their mates later on(i know i did that one).

Either way ill gladly offer my dog to the cause :lol:

TAPETRVE
31st Jul 2010, 20:15
Easy solution: No loot and no kills = no salary and no rank points.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Jul 2010, 20:19
Easy solution: No loot and no kills = no salary and no rank points.

+ One dog bites you in the face ...

TAPETRVE
31st Jul 2010, 20:23
Assraped by doberman.

ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard
31st Jul 2010, 23:15
If I see you getting around with no Cash and doing stuff all "work", I force you to Yellow Card me, then I take your Life. If you're putting the "work" in that's fine though.

joe the janitor
1st Aug 2010, 01:06
I remember talking about this when the arcade mode trailer came out. Sadly only the AI in arcade mode is allowed to do that.