PDA

View Full Version : My sister's summer officially ended yesterday...

SlashPrower
30th Jul 2010, 23:09
...She was horseback riding, and the horse spooked after someone started a lawnmower or something very close to the ring, throwing her on the gravel and breaking her humerus right below the ball of the shoulder. This is about the worst place she could have gotten her arm broken, and she has pins in her arm that aren't going to be taken out for 4 weeks.

The worst part is that she had been talking for at least a month about the horse show that she was going to participate in. She's a skilled rider, you see. Guess what? It's tomorrow. She can't even go watch it.

It's really sad. She's normally so energetic, the more energetic and athletic of us two, and this has pretty much broken her. She's depressed, and cries silently so that our parents won't hear her. It sucks that I can't do anything more for her.

So, you know, get some sympathy up in this ***** for the poor girl.

joe the janitor
30th Jul 2010, 23:26
That exact same thing happened to my mom about 20 years ago!

SovietAmerika
31st Jul 2010, 00:07
that sucks,reminds me of the last episode of Full House...not that i ever watched it...

GrievousOdyssey
31st Jul 2010, 01:06
It sucks that I can't do anything more for her.

yeah ... i know ...

But you know Slash ... at least ... at least you care about her ... which she certainly would be glad to know ...

Anywya ...

Brackstone17
31st Jul 2010, 03:39
Is she in hospital? Maybe one of your family could go the horse show and record it for her? Anyway, my sympathies.

UhUh
31st Jul 2010, 08:59
That's too bad, but she's lucky she didn't end up like Christopher Reeve.

SovietAmerika
31st Jul 2010, 10:00
That's too bad, but she's lucky she didn't end up like Christopher Reeve.
or Gary Busey...i feel bad for that one:hmm:

SlashPrower
31st Jul 2010, 12:29
No, Brackstone, she's at home.

ohitspatty
31st Jul 2010, 13:59
Horses are evil. I took horseback riding few years back, the horse was a douche and bit me. I don't like horses now.

Anyways, I'm feel sorry for your sister cause that's very unlucky (yet lucky at same time cause a fall from a horse can end many ways). I'm sure she will find some hobby to keep her sane over next few months/weeks.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Jul 2010, 14:38
(yet lucky at same time cause a fall from a horse can end many ways).

I see that someone has paid attention to my philosophy quote ... that was promptly deleted ...

GrievousOdyssey
29th Aug 2010, 23:39
What , no update on this ? ...

MxOAgentJohnson
30th Aug 2010, 16:20
Sounds painful, my mum use to have a horse... then she traded it when she wanted her first car hahaha.

But yea, sorry to hear.

Dont expect much sympathy like this, im only being nice today because im going through some **** so i can relate.

I feel nice, i dont like feeling nice. Jee its hot in my room, wearing this goddamn gas mask.

GrievousOdyssey
30th Aug 2010, 23:38
The trolls in the Demo forum really killed you , didn't they ? ...
Your 'mood' never felt the same ever since they came in from the shadows ...