PDA

View Full Version : Shows you love?

SlashPrower
30th Jul 2010, 22:37
I know few people watch TV anymore, but list all the shows that you have liked and like now. Split them up into two groups: Cancelled and Still Going.

Older:
V: The Final Battle miniseries. Fantastic, even now.

Invader Zim. I love Jhonen Vasquez's work.

Heroes. Actually, let me clarify- the first season of Heroes. The second season was boring as hell and the third season was so incredibly retarded that I quit halfway through.

Batman: The Brave and The Bold. Why was it cancelled? ;-;

Mystery Science Theater 3000. This is self-explanatory.

Contemporary:

Futurama. Much better than The Simpsons is nowadays.

South Park. Incredibly vulgar and rather funny.

Mythbusters. My love of science mixed with my love of exploding.

Are you ready for this?

No, you aren't.

This will blow your mind. I swear.

Okay...

I really, really enjoy Glee.

It's a rather funny show, but at the same time it can be rather depressing and dark at times. The musical numbers are consistently very good, and Jane Lynch is absolutely fantastic as the villain Sue Sylvester.

Hell, even Neil Patrick Harris appeared in one episode. Did you know he has a really good singing voice?

I'm not kidding about the musical numbers being fantastic. THEY EVEN MANAGED TO MAKE LADY GAGA NOT SUCK. I DON'T KNOW HOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbVBG1slklI

TheMoD
30th Jul 2010, 23:01
Oh, "shows we love" now I get it. At first I thought it was bad grammar and you meant to ask wether we show love, and I was like whaaa. well anyway,
I love The King of Queens, I'm currently watching it one season at a time, and it's just great. Also I liked How I met your mother season 1 and 2 but now the show is a mess (same with Spongebob Squarepants season 1-3 actually :P), I really love Columbo, it's just great, even today, and yeah also invader zim, I hate that it got cancelled.

SlashPrower
30th Jul 2010, 23:03
Yeah, and it's never coming back no matter how much fans ask Jhonen Vasquez. After all, he doesn't even own the right to it. Nickelodeon does.

Spongebob is a rather depressing dystopian story nowadays. It's a world populated completely by destructive idiots, and the only person approaching sane and intelligent (Squidward) is completely miserable, suffering at the whims of a completely insane manchild sponge and a starfish so idiotic that he should die of starvation because he doesn't know how to feed himself.

Meanwhile, Plankton, who's intelligent if driven crazy by the events around him, is constantly injured and insulted as he desperately tries to save his failing business, trying to learn the business secrets of the greedy, opportunistic dictator of a crab that is his competitor. Who constantly rubs his success in his opponent's face and enjoys watching the poor bastard's business die slowly.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Jul 2010, 01:08
Indeed , i almost thought the topic was about showing our love ...

Anywya i'm ... not much in the mood right now ...

Brackstone17
31st Jul 2010, 03:38
Cancelled

Samurai Jack: Everything about this show is amazing. It is only equaled by...

Batman The Animated Series: Save a few episodes, this show is shear perfection.

The Clone Wars: The good animated one, not the cgi thing. Genndy Tartakovsky is a god among men.

Rome: A damn good historical drama.

Deadwood: An even better historical drama.

Life (the one with Damian Lewis): A great cop show. I just like everything about it. It even managed to wrap everything up nicely despite being cancelled after filming.

Band of Brothers: The single best piece of WW2 entertainment ever created.

Dead Like Me: Incredibly hilarious and unique.

Scooby Doo Where Are You?: It's a classic.

Johnny Bravo: Also a classic.

Running

Futurama: The only show I think is even worth watching anymore.

UhUh
31st Jul 2010, 08:49
Bats animated, bats beyond basically everything from Bruce Timm

Battlestar Galactica

Heroes (1st series also, didn't watch too much of the 2nd and stopped there)

The Riches (it had its low points, but Eddie Izzard is just too much fun)

The IT Crowd, can't wait for the new series.

ohitspatty
31st Jul 2010, 14:01
Canceled; X-Files, Sopranos
On going; Californication, South Park

Bevacur
31st Jul 2010, 20:24
I really, really enjoy Glee.

It's a rather funny show, but at the same time it can be rather depressing and dark at times. The musical numbers are consistently very good, and Jane Lynch is absolutely fantastic as the villain Sue Sylvester.

Hell, even Neil Patrick Harris appeared in one episode. Did you know he has a really good singing voice?

I'm not kidding about the musical numbers being fantastic. THEY EVEN MANAGED TO MAKE LADY GAGA NOT SUCK. I DON'T KNOW HOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbVBG1slklI

GET OUT.

But you enjoy Invader Zim and South park so that cancels it out.

I enjoy House, Invader Zim, South Park, Top Gear, Total Wipeout, Lost and any Cop show. Gotta love criminal's trying to escape but fail so badly.

What happened to Invade Zim? That was one of my favourite shows when i was a youngling.

I might have a look at Dexter, heard it's good.

GrievousOdyssey
1st Aug 2010, 05:53
That was one of my favourite shows when i was a youngling.

You're saying as if when you were a 'youngling' it was two decades ago ...

SlashPrower
1st Aug 2010, 11:47
What happened to Invade Zim? That was one of my favourite shows when i was a youngling.

Ratings weren't high enough and it didn't appeal to the target demographic enough. It was sort of pushed over to make room for Spongebob.

If you liked it, you should check out the comic series Vasquez did called Johnny The Homicidal Maniac. It's an accurate description of Grievous's life, and it's about the darkest comedy I've ever read.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7316/jthm22rf.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/aleusha1031/ugly.gif

In fact, I think sometimes it forgets it's a comedy.

He also wrote Fillerbunny, some stories he wrote at, like, midnight in 2 seconds.

http://www.freewebs.com/neuroticacomics/fillerbunny.jpg

JackGordon
1st Aug 2010, 12:00
JTHM & SQUEE happen to be my favorite comics :) Also love Lenore and BEAR.

Bevacur
1st Aug 2010, 17:36
Johnny The Homicidal Maniac. It's an accurate description of Grievous's life, and it's about the darkest comedy I've ever read.

That made me laugh. Might have a little peep at this comic, is it free?

SlashPrower
1st Aug 2010, 18:30
No, but you can read quite a bit of it here: http://books.google.com/books?id=KOWFacYRlXoC&dq=johnny+the+homicidal+maniac&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=Mr1VTIfxFoT78Ab6j7WqAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=15&ved=0CFUQ6AEwDg#v=onepage&q=johnny%20the%20homicidal%20maniac&f=false

Keep in mind that it's depressing at points. That's why the goths are so attracted to it. They latch on to all of Vasquez's work, which kind of sucks because I think he's a lot more than just a guy who writes stuff for goths. He's got talent.

JackGordon
1st Aug 2010, 19:11
Sounds like our little girl is heavily prejudiced and bears a grudge against goths.:rolleyes:

ohitspatty
1st Aug 2010, 19:19
http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/south-park-goth-kids-153204.jpg?1218259981

Bevacur
1st Aug 2010, 19:36
I wish i knew how to draw similair to Vasquez's work...

I'll just draw Zim over and over and over and over....

SlashPrower
1st Aug 2010, 20:20
I wish i knew how to draw similair to Vasquez's work...

I'll just draw Zim over and over and over and over....

I can draw Nny pretty well.

MxOAgentJohnson
1st Aug 2010, 21:28
Short sweet and straight to the point time

Happy days - Nostalgic and Loveable
Everybody loves raymond - love it
Two And A Half Men - Love it
Futurama - love it
spongebob squarepants - love it
last voices of world war 1 - :'(

Kent-45
2nd Aug 2010, 05:10
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/dexter.jpg

Bevacur
2nd Aug 2010, 18:21
I can draw Nny pretty well.

You just practice drawing him or you just learn from a guide on the internet?

ohitspatty
3rd Aug 2010, 21:30
Add another show; Man v. Food :D

Bevacur
4th Aug 2010, 18:09
I enjoy watching myself.