PDA

View Full Version : Kane and Lynch 2: Not working - Could be an epic new name.

Aureilia
29th Jul 2010, 23:34
Seriously. First off I'm a PS3 and 360 owner. I downloaded the demo on both consoles however I have absolutely no intention of buying it for 360.

360 version works fine. no bugs, no glitches, just gaming.

PS3 version then? Well constant freezing as soon as you try to get into matchmaking, making sure I have no way to turn the PS3 off except by ripping out the power cord or switching the off button (Both of which are not recommended by Sony)

I would have bought it for PC but seemingly that's totally messed up too.

As amped as I was for this title this has made me think if I should bother buying or not.

Clarification as if they know the issue and will resolve it will do. I'm not about to waste my money on something that wont work without that clarification.

I know the care cup is half empty when it comes to one person complaining. But look around the internet. I am not alone with the problem.

I'm aware there is another thread below this one, I don't really care though. I'm asking for a dev to tell us it'll be fixed right here.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 23:40
Hey i've been thinking of that sub-title ever since i saw Dog Days' first piece of artwork ! ...
And that was back in November ...

SlashPrower
30th Jul 2010, 00:01
Yeah, the PS3 demo pissed me off. How did they miss that?

I mean, they spent so much time testing, you think someone would have noticed that THE MULTIPLAYER DOESN'T ******* WORK.

Vulture
30th Jul 2010, 00:01
the ps3 mp demo freeze-up-thing will definitely hurt the sales a bit

Vulture
30th Jul 2010, 00:02
Yeah, the PS3 demo pissed me off. How did they miss that?

I mean, they spent so much time testing, you think someone would have noticed that THE MULTIPLAYER DOESN'T ******* WORK.

my thought is they sent a faulty copy of demo to sony? because yeah, you cant miss the fact that the demo doesnt work at mp

SovietAmerika
30th Jul 2010, 00:35
im not a fan boy,but this is one of those times im glad i thought long and hard before buying a PS3 and instead went with the 360

maninblue
30th Jul 2010, 00:45
SI would have bought it for PC but seemingly that's totally messed up too.

i use the pc version, no bugs or crashes or stutters at all...id say its worth a shot.

GrievousOdyssey
30th Jul 2010, 00:46
im not a fan boy,but this is one of those times im glad i thought long and hard before buying a PS3 and instead went with the 360

You do realize that this crisis only concerns a demo , right ? ...

BeardedHoplite
30th Jul 2010, 00:53
You do realize that this crisis only concerns a demo , right ? ...

True dat, now if the game is buggy, then you can start freaking out.

zma1013
30th Jul 2010, 00:59
I played the PS3 demo and it lets me play 3 rounds of multiplayer, then it goes back to the multiplayer select screen and freezes... every... single... time. Forces me to completely turn off the PS3 console. They really need to get the bugs worked out before release because the multiplayer actually seems fun.

TheMoD
30th Jul 2010, 01:07
PS3 version then? Well constant freezing as soon as you try to get into matchmaking, making sure I have no way to turn the PS3 off except by ripping out the power cord or switching the off button (Both of which are not recommended by Sony)

You can actually hold the on/off button, probably better for the console..
I'm gonna get it on pc. The demo worked fine for me, the graphics are alot sharper and if they add a mute button it'd be perfect

GrievousOdyssey
30th Jul 2010, 01:22
then you can start freaking out.

Can't wait to get some boogie going on in this forum ! ...

Aureilia
31st Jul 2010, 02:49
No devs actually come to a board where a game is near release? Lol.

Oh gawd.

Right I'll be renting this first. I wont buy something I suspect can be broken. I hope everyone else does the same if they intend on buying it for PS3. I'd hate to see anyone screwed over.