PDA

View Full Version : play as scarecrow (MODELS)

general jhon
29th Jul 2010, 10:18
hello everyone,

I've finished the game and loved it a lot, though I was disappointed us PC gamers were left out in the cold when it comes to playing the villains.

I may have figured out a way around it - or so I hope.

During the scenes within scarecrow's hallucination, you get abrupt periods of time in which Batman looks like Scarecrow. During these few moments you can move, punch, climb or any other action as scarecrow. I was wondering if this could be exploited (not in the bad way, of course) to replace Batman's models with Scarecrow's, thus play the game as scarecrow. Of course, you won't have any special scarecrow moves and you will still use batman's tactics, but it could be still cool to be this awesome villain.

I have no idea how to technically do it, though - and now comes your part.
If anyone could make such a patch or instruct me and all the other scarecrow-lovers out there - it would be much appreciated.

Scarecrow007
29th Jul 2010, 12:15
It's been a while since someone has made a thread which isn't related to problems with the game...anyways in game called garry's mod it is possible to change your avatar to look like scarecrow from Batman:AA ... though I don't know if that is possible in Batman:AA .

general jhon
29th Jul 2010, 12:27
It's been a while since someone has made a thread which isn't related to problems with the game...anyways in game called garry's mod it is possible to change your avatar to look like scarecrow from Batman:AA ... though I don't know if that is possible in Batman:AA .

aaahhhh... good old gmod... only there you can't use them almighty combos and moves :)

JackWinz
29th Jul 2010, 16:05
It's possible, but it would take a seriously skilled gaming hacker to do it.

general jhon
30th Jul 2010, 06:41
It's possible, but it would take a seriously skilled gaming hacker to do it.

I see... does any of you happen to be one, or do you know one who might do it? I'm sure a giant credit will be given to that guy all across the web. It might be because I know nothing about modding files, but to me it looked like a simple file replacement.

The_Hylden
31st Jul 2010, 06:56
Anyone that would be able to won't be posting here. It's a glaring rule violation on the official forums. Regardless, no-one's been able to circumvent the game to mod it, and allow it to remain playable. It's a damn shame they didn't allow us to change the skins, like we could in the demo. That and allowing Unreal Editor to create new maps would have brought with it a lot more business on the PC end.

general jhon
31st Jul 2010, 09:15
Regardless, no-one's been able to circumvent the game to mod it, and allow it to remain playable. It's a damn shame they didn't allow us to change the skins, like we could in the demo.

But this skin is already built into the game. So you're saying I should just give up the idea, or do you have a good place to write it in?

laughtrack616
10th Aug 2010, 09:43
This is an incredibly ingenious idea dude! However there is the fact you have circumvent the game, then figure out the coding for the scarecrow model and replace Batman's models coding for scarecrows......Have fun!