PDA

View Full Version : Should Traitor's be allowed in the Van with non'Traitors?

ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard
29th Jul 2010, 05:25
This is just a odd thought I had while waiting for everyone else to get in the Van..

What if there was already a non-Traitor in the van and the Traitor could not get in and would have to wait for the next Van. If the Traitor got in first, no one else could get in after, not even other Traitors.

I know it sounds off, but think about it. It just seems silly that after becoming Traitor and jumping in the Van. Others get in and "we're all cool" even though you just gave Johhny a dirtnap 2 seconds before getting in the Van.

I think it could be a pretty good inclusion in the full game. (not that it will be included of course)

joe the janitor
29th Jul 2010, 06:24
That would actually make It more... I don't know, interesting?

29th Jul 2010, 07:02
Yeah, maybe. I'm not sure either. I'd like to see a gamemode where it is applied just to see how it it would work. If it makes it harder for a Traitor to get away, I'm all for it. Lets face it, it's just too easy to escape as a Traitor right now.

Zidrien
29th Jul 2010, 07:31
Yes, that's plausible...

the777
29th Jul 2010, 09:16
This is just a odd thought I had while waiting for everyone else to get in the Van..

What if there was already a non-Traitor in the van and the Traitor could not get in and would have to wait for the next Van. If the Traitor got in first, no one else could get in after, not even other Traitors.

I know it sounds off, but think about it. It just seems silly that after becoming Traitor and jumping in the Van. Others get in and "we're all cool" even though you just gave Johhny a dirtnap 2 seconds before getting in the Van.

I think it could be a pretty good inclusion in the full game. (not that it will be included of course)

its called add some realism to the game.
witch it needs badly

VegaSagatBison
29th Jul 2010, 13:20
The problem you end up with there is that the traitor's chances of survival diminish severely at that point. Not only does he have the whole team gunning for him now, but he has to wait for his own van.

29th Jul 2010, 14:16
That's the idea, It's got to be harder to turn Traitor and escape round after round.. He's gotta get in the Van before someone else does or deal with the consequences..

Origin
29th Jul 2010, 14:35
That sounds like a good idea, I mean if you're a traitor, I'm assuming that you're going all-out. However, when I'm a non-traitor, and a traitor is coming to the van I usually 50/50 with the driver to screw the traitor over so that the guy that he just turned on that re spawned as a police can come and massacre him.

TheMoD
29th Jul 2010, 14:42
I think it would lead to balancing issues if the traitor actually had to wait for the next van, very often everyone arrives for the last van, then what does he do. But I get your point, they should really do something about it, cause it really is ridiculous to have the traitor just get in the van with all the other guys he screwed over.

29th Jul 2010, 18:07
I think it would lead to balancing issues if the traitor actually had to wait for the next van, very often everyone arrives for the last van, then what does he do. But I get your point, they should really do something about it, cause it really is ridiculous to have the traitor just get in the van with all the other guys he screwed over.

Yep, the fact that the Traitor and 7 other Crims sit in the back of the Van together is just funny really and abit dumb. I bet you could cut the tension in the air with a knife!

BeardedHoplite
29th Jul 2010, 18:58
Yep, the fact that the Traitor and 7 other Crims sit in the back of the Van together is just funny really and abit dumb. I bet you could cut the tension in the air with a knife!

"So...did you know that guy you killed was my cousin"
"Yep"
"Hmm..."

[WuTang] Shogun
29th Jul 2010, 19:02
THIS IDEA could really balance out the grab feature people abuse it alot when they are a traitor now they will think twice because they wont be able to get in their own van,

just an idea that could work too is maybe when you turn traitor your COMPLETELY not allowed to use the van, they could spawn a bike or something and it takes you a varied amount of time to hotwire it then you can escape .

SlashPrower
29th Jul 2010, 19:43
"So...did you know that guy you killed was my cousin"
"Yep"
"Hmm..."

Lol. They should make conversations in the van for that.

Liam: "So, you killed Pierre..."

Elwood: "...Sort of."

Liam: "Mm. Did you know he had a family?"

Elwood: "Eh?"

Liam: "Yeah, a wife and two kids. He was going to use the money he stole to help them out. They're incredibly poor, and can barely afford food. But, you know, whatever..."

Elwood: "..."

Liam: "...I wonder what order they'll starve to death in?"

joe the janitor
29th Jul 2010, 19:53
Lol. They should make conversations in the van for that.

Liam: "So, you killed Pierre..."

Elwood: "...Sort of."

Liam: "Mm. Did you know he had a family?"

Elwood: "Eh?"

Liam: "Yeah, a wife and two kids. He was going to use the money he stole to help them out. They're incredibly poor, and can barely afford food. But, you know, whatever..."

Elwood: "..."

Liam: "...I wonder what order they'll starve to death in?"

:lol:

Bawabus
29th Jul 2010, 20:31
The game shouldn't take you out of the match once you've gotten to the van. The way it is, they're missing out on a lot of opportunity for intrigue and betrayal.

They should model everyone inside the getaway vehicle and have each player vulnerable to being killed while inside, but give the criminals the ability to fight from inside the van--allow players inside to shoot out from the back, when the door opens to let more people in, and from the passenger seat (which could be where you sit when you're first in). This would also allow you to shoot the criminal sitting across from you. You could have so many more cool situations.

You might also make the van be one van just making multiple rounds. It would have one health bar; that way, the more rounds it makes, the more vulnerable it's going to be to destruction. This would make the ends of the missions way more intense.

Brackstone17
29th Jul 2010, 20:33
The game shouldn't take you out of the match once you've gotten to the van. The way it is, they're missing out on a lot of opportunity for intrigue and betrayal.

They should model everyone inside the getaway vehicle and have each player vulnerable to being killed while inside, but give the criminals the ability to fight from inside the van--allow players inside to shoot out from the back, when the door opens to let more people in, and from the passenger seat (which could be where you sit when you're first in). This would also allow you to shoot the criminal sitting across from you. You could have so many more cool situations.

You might also make the van be one van just making multiple rounds. It would have one health bar; that way, the more rounds it makes, the more vulnerable it's going to be to destruction. This would make the ends of the missions way more intense.
I agree with all of this. If they could implement anything in a dlc pack, this would be my choice.

Bawabus
29th Jul 2010, 20:49
I agree with all of this. If they could implement anything in a dlc pack, this would be my choice.

Seriously! Wouldn't it be awesome to have to actually do work to defend the van and have the opportunity to try and kill who ever is inside with you to get more money for yourself?

You could even have waves of cops start swarming once you make it to the escape area, so that it's not basically over once you get there.

joe the janitor
29th Jul 2010, 21:00
I like some of your ideas but I think it would get a bit frustrating after a while.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 21:02
On rail sections when the escape van leaves ? ...

The more mercenaries in the van the easier it is to handle the cops , makes potential traitors think twice ...

UhUh
29th Jul 2010, 21:09
This is so awesome, make it happen IOI!

Bawabus
29th Jul 2010, 21:17
On rail sections when the escape van leaves ? ...

The more mercenaries in the van the easier it is to handle the cops , makes potential traitors think twice ...

That's an idea; it would take a lot of new art asset though.

I think having to make some final stand would make team work much more of an issue, while giving even further opportunities to stab your partners in the back right at the end.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 21:33
I think having to make some final stand would make team work much more of an issue, while giving even further opportunities to stab your partners in the back right at the end.

Oh i know ! the driver will say "S*** ! It's stuck on the wrong gear !" New Objective , protect this old piece of **** while the cops swarm in during forty seven seconds ...

[WuTang] Shogun
29th Jul 2010, 21:36
Oh i know ! the driver will say "S*** ! It's stuck on the wrong gear !" New Objective , protect this old piece of **** while the cops swarm in during forty seven seconds ...

CORRECTION: * **** the radiator connected to the pistons fueling the ireggulating shift magnetized turbo kick is loose, New Objective , run like ****

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 21:54
Outstanding ! Developers should take notes ...

30th Jul 2010, 01:31
Shogun;1461111']CORRECTION: * **** the radiator connected to the pistons fueling the ireggulating shift magnetized turbo kick is loose, New Objective , run like ****

Wow, you Women! Hold the cops while I fix the radiator connected to the pistons fueling the ireggulating shift magnetized turbo kick . Right, now lets get in the Van and get the fack out!

[WuTang] Shogun
30th Jul 2010, 02:30
touche you war machine

PirateGuy
30th Jul 2010, 03:18

I agree with this except for there being only 1 van, that might make it a bit too difficult. Also, maybe you could choose to toss other players out of the van, but make it like when you're being used as a shield? Then whoever presses the fastest gets tossed out, and if you weren't a traitor but tried to toss someone else out you become a traitor. :thumb:

Bevacur
30th Jul 2010, 13:41
Don't make the player's visible and open to getting shot. Players in the van have no way to defend themselves, especially if you throw a fire extinguisher in.

maninblue
30th Jul 2010, 15:15
Don't make the player's visible and open to getting shot. Players in the van have no way to defend themselves, especially if you throw a fire extinguisher in.

Anyone ever tried bringing a fire extingquisher, and throwing it inside/at the van?

I gotta try that out.

Bevacur
30th Jul 2010, 16:48
No point, you can not see the player's or their player models.

maninblue
30th Jul 2010, 17:55
No point, you can not see the player's or their player models.

yeah, but to destroy the van.

30th Jul 2010, 23:44
You can't throw the Fire Extinguisher in the back of the Van.. Shame though, I would have like that to do extra damage to the Van or something.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Jul 2010, 01:10
To see the mercenaries in the van walk out burning in flames ? ...

Would be a nice addition ...

31st Jul 2010, 02:50
To see the mercenaries in the van walk out burning in flames ? ...

Would be a nice addition ...

Um.. No, just extra damage to the Van. Though I would love to see that..

ThisIsWhatHappensLarry
1st Aug 2010, 03:58
I think there should only be one van. The incentive for the team players to hold it is a bigger split, defending it from cops and traitors as the other team members get there - once the van leaves, everyone left is a traitor, as in every man for himself, and you escape by running down one of the alleys out of the van area - using 50% of what you got to use as bribes, etc to secure a new escape route-

SovietAmerika
1st Aug 2010, 04:04
what if the first person in becomes the driver and gets to come back when he pleases and choose a fee for the people hes picking up?

Bawabus
1st Aug 2010, 05:48
I think there should only be one van. The incentive for the team players to hold it is a bigger split, defending it from cops and traitors as the other team members get there - once the van leaves, everyone left is a traitor, as in every man for himself, and you escape by running down one of the alleys out of the van area - using 50% of what you got to use as bribes, etc to secure a new escape route-

The treacherous thing to do would be to leave without your teammates, so I think it would be better that the people that decide to leave in the van get a "traitor" on their record because they've left their mates to die. Without an escape vehicle, anyone left is pretty much dead.

You know that option for splitting the money 50/50? that'd actually be useful if they only had one van. One guy or more than one guy (it'd be a vote to leave if there's more than one) decide to leave and split their haul with the driver instead of waiting for their friends. Even just doing that would add to the game dynamic and strategy.

maninblue
1st Aug 2010, 07:58

This sounds like a good idea. With this, games wouldnt simply become a race from the beginning, dodging cops and dogs to get to the van/safe Zone asap.

ThisIsWhatHappensLarry
1st Aug 2010, 14:59
Bawabus is right though, it wouldn't be fair to label those left behind as traitors when it's those leaving people behind in the van that are the traitorous ones. It would just seem that once the van is gone, it'd be assumed all bets are off and every man for himself-

1st Aug 2010, 21:39
I think it's fine what you are talking about and some of the ideas are kinda cool, yet wouldn't work. Just saying I think this all got abit off topic.
This thread is meant to be about Traitors sitting in the back of the Van with Non-Traitor Criminals and how it just seems silly.

"Hey, Elwood, You shot one of the Crew again"

"Yeah, so.. What are you gonna do about now we're all here in the Van Of Silence?"

It's just silly..

FadedEchos
2nd Aug 2010, 01:06
These sound like excellent ideas! As of now the best strategy if you're walking with +1mil is just grab someone as they run to the van, throw them down, and hop in. So easy to do with hardly any risk.

But in this scenario, players would all start shooting the van as the traitor sat inside alone giving it a chance of being blown up or the traitor is screwed if he isn't the first in. Much riskier, they'd have to add some defend/attack occupants mechanic so that the traitor would have a chance to get into whichever van happens to be there. Give us a gameplay method to sort this out skillfully rather than traitor just rolling the dice.

2nd Aug 2010, 01:22
These sound like excellent ideas! As of now the best strategy if you're walking with +1mil is just grab someone as they run to the van, throw them down, and hop in. So easy to do with hardly any risk.

But in this scenario, players would all start shooting the van as the traitor sat inside alone giving it a chance of being blown up or the traitor is screwed if he isn't the first in. Much riskier, they'd have to add some defend/attack occupants mechanic so that the traitor would have a chance to get into whichever van happens to be there. Give us a gameplay method to sort this out skillfully rather than traitor just rolling the dice.

That's the whole point! I want it to be MUCH HARDER to escape as a Traitor. At the moment anyone with a 'B' Button on their Controller can get away Traitor. I only wanna see Players with skill/alot of practice making it out Traitor with a heap of dough.