PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen Error Problems

darthjoe229
28th Jul 2010, 18:14
I've read several threads like this one, but none exactly the same. I downloaded JC2 over Steam and it worked great for about a day. Then, suddenly, it crashed on me. I tried restarting the game, but it just opens a black screen and sits there. The only way to get out of said black screen is to open task manager, which turns all of the desktop behind it white and brings up a "Just Cause 2 is not responding" error. I've tried restarting, reinstalling, and its not my AVG. My system is as follows, none of it is OC'd:

3.1 Ghz Dual Core AMD Athlon
4 GB OCZ RAM
60 GB Mushkin SSD (for my operating system and select applications)
1 TB Western Digital HDD (for documents, games, media, etc.)
Dual 9800 GTX+ video cards in a master/PhysX set-up (my board doesn't support SLI)
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Any more information I can provide to help I will, but I really want to play this. Also, the demo ran perfectly every time I played it. I probably invested a total of 5 or 6 hours into that. :scratch:

darthjoe229
31st Jul 2010, 20:22
Well, I solved my own problem. For anyone who stumbles across this thread, EVGA Precision 's on screen display won't allow Just Cause 2 to boot properly. The OSD uses DirectX 9, and is therefore incompatible with JC2's DirectX 10

andsim
12th Sep 2011, 16:11
Well, I solved my own problem. For anyone who stumbles across this thread, EVGA Precision 's on screen display won't allow Just Cause 2 to boot properly. The OSD uses DirectX 9, and is therefore incompatible with JC2's DirectX 10

oh thank you, i have same issues u had. i have evga Precision on