PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Activation Code Issues

member_10562662
4th Aug 2012, 22:22
I purchased this game off the store a bit ago.

After installation, it asks you to enter your serial for it to connect and unlock the game for you.

I entered my serial, it connected to the license server, and it tells me my activation failed and my serial was invalid.

I did it manually with my serial and unlock code, and still nothing.

I paid $12.70 for something that doesn't work. Perhaps you could flip the "on" switch, SE? Thanks.

Xeinok
4th Aug 2012, 23:01
I purchased this game off the store a bit ago.

After installation, it asks you to enter your serial for it to connect and unlock the game for you.

I entered my serial, it connected to the license server, and it tells me my activation failed and my serial was invalid.

I did it manually with my serial and unlock code, and still nothing.

I paid $12.70 for something that doesn't work. Perhaps you could flip the "on" switch, SE? Thanks.

Not working for me either, no matter how I enter it.

member_10562662
4th Aug 2012, 23:06
I've contacted SecuROM's and SE's technical support. Hopefully they'll reply or the "on" switch is turned on soon.

Xeinok
4th Aug 2012, 23:09
I've contacted SecuROM's and SE's technical support. Hopefully they'll reply or the "on" switch is turned on soon.

No luck with a phone call to either?

member_10562662
4th Aug 2012, 23:11
I contacted SecuROM through email and SE through the technical support website.

When I got hacked a few years ago in FFXI, they were pretty quick to respond.

I believe it's too late to contact them by phone, or they're closed on the weekends here in the US.

Kess0r
4th Aug 2012, 23:20
I'm playing right now guys, it's awesome. Loving the full orchestral tracks and updated models.

Xeinok
4th Aug 2012, 23:21
I'm playing right now guys, it's awesome. Loving the full orchestral tracks and updated models.

Ahahahaha, this guy is such a good troll

member_10562662
4th Aug 2012, 23:21
I doubt it. If you're telling the truth, you'll tell us how you got the DRM to work.

Algofonix
4th Aug 2012, 23:24
Yeah, it's not working for me either. Definitely disappointing.

Kess0r
4th Aug 2012, 23:25
Just hit activate and it works lmao

Maaakel
5th Aug 2012, 00:38
Come on!!! I was really excited about this. Dissapoint. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

Let us play!

the_randomizer
5th Aug 2012, 01:51

And companies wonder why piracy is rampant. It's douche moves like this that makes customers esort to shadier methods. If ANYONE got the game working, please let us know how!

I personally know two lawyers, Square Enix, TWO, and if you don't enable us paying customers to activate the game, there WILL be hell to pay.

Ragnablah
5th Aug 2012, 02:27

And companies wonder why piracy is rampant. It's douche moves like this that makes customers esort to shadier methods. If ANYONE got the game working, please let us know how!

I personally know two lawyers, Square Enix, TWO, and if you don't enable us paying customers to activate the game, there WILL be hell to pay.

its true we paid you for the game so we deserve to get not this crap of paying for nothing i didnt pay you just so i could get ripped off and have a non working game installed on my comp we deserve and have the right to be able to play this game, there will be hell if tihs problem doesnt get fixed soon and if not i want my money back >.<

the_randomizer
5th Aug 2012, 02:30
its true we paid you for the game so we deserve to get not this crap of paying for nothing i didnt pay you just so i could get ripped off and have a non working game installed on my comp we deserve and have the right to be able to play this game, there will be hell if tihs problem doesnt get fixed soon and if not i want my money back >.<

If this does not get resolved by Monday, I will download a program that bypasses SecuROM, and believe me, there are plenty of programs out there that do it.

member_10211971
5th Aug 2012, 06:47
not working for me either. =(

their mistake becomes our problem. i'm getting tired of square-enix, it's all gone downhill since the merger

Xeinok
5th Aug 2012, 14:18
This is AMAZING - how have they not even SAID ANYTHING by the next day????

Mite
5th Aug 2012, 19:37
I suspect it was either released early by mistake or pulled because the DRM is not functioning correctly. Some of you may be familiar with a video game series "The Witcher" - The Witcher 2 was released on PC and I bought it on launch day. I actually could not play until the next day because of SecuROM's horrible DRM. The fact is SecuROM's communication and management of the situation was so bad that CD Projekt RED (The developers of The Witcher video game series) patched almost every bit of SecuROM's DRM out to stop it from causing further issues. As compensation for the affected customers they unlocked all the pre-order bonuses from different retailers for everyone.

If I find any issues with the DRM that interferes with my enjoyment of my legitimate copy of the game. You can bet I am gonna blow the dust off my old uTorrent client and get a cracked version so I can enjoy it without interference. I absolutely hate SecuROM. I want to support the company behind the game. Truly though DRM such as SecuROM is as draconian as one can get. It disappoints me greatly Square Enix has decided to use SecuROM of all companies to manage DRM for FFVII. This may not be the cause of yesterday's issue but it is still disturbing to say the least. I expect an official announcement of some kind tomorrow seeing as they can not be bothered during the weekend to make a single statement about it. This is not the 90's Square Enix. Have someone get on their cellphone and make a statement on Twitter which would require under a minute of someone's time.

If I do not see any official statement tomorrow. I will report the issue to the BBB and I encourage others who purchased the game to do the same. Because customer support's apologies do not make it any less illegal. You cannot take a customer's money, refuse to do a refund and not provide the "goods" they paid for. If you happen to be European, you stand an even better chance at getting something done about it as your consumer protection laws are much better versus the United States' laws. Make sure you provide proof that Square Enix refused to refund you after failing to deliver the promised product you paid for.

On a side note. One must really be a douche to bait people by claiming they have access to the game when they in fact do not in such a devoid forum. What happened? Couldn't handle the heat at 4chan or are you just eleven years old?

hmbyshrty
5th Aug 2012, 19:50
I too bought within the window that the game was briefly available and my serial code does not work either. I emailed both SE and SecuRom. Hopefully something soon, or I'm contacting bank and having them dispute the transaction.

Xeinok
5th Aug 2012, 21:58
This is AMAZING - how have they not even SAID ANYTHING by the next day????

Mite
5th Aug 2012, 23:03
I too bought within the window that the game was briefly available and my serial code does not work either. I emailed both SE and SecuRom. Hopefully something soon, or I'm contacting bank and having them dispute the transaction.

That is a perfectly reasonable response Nicole. Just be wary. I am a new user with the Square Enix store but I imagine it's not far from how Steam works. If you dispute the transaction they can respond in a multitude of ways. They may just ban the card you used from any further transactions. More likely they will ban your account which can possibly deny you access to any games you have already purchased on their store. I am not attempting to sway you from doing what you said. Just giving you a heads up.

I know it's the weekend so I am going to wait until tomorrow for some form of a response or statement on the issue. Though I find it disgusting such large companies like Square Enix and SecuROM cannot seem to hire staff for the weekends because they enjoy cutting costs. That is fine and acceptable for smaller companies. Yet Square Enix is more than happy and equipped to take your money during the weekend but not to give you any support if you have issues.

fourteen00
6th Aug 2012, 06:08
Thought you guys may be interested in these articles seeing as how they relate to your issues.....

www.cinemablend.com/games/Final-Fantasy-... (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Final-Fantasy-7-Remake-Arrives-PC-Quickly-Yanked-45347.html)

and

www.computerandvideogames.com/361579/fin... (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/361579/final-fantasy-vii-released-early-but-not-playable/)

... just in case you were curious about why the game isnt working.

MoonUNit
6th Aug 2012, 15:10
That is a perfectly reasonable response Nicole. Just be wary. I am a new user with the Square Enix store but I imagine it's not far from how Steam works. If you dispute the transaction they can respond in a multitude of ways. They may just ban the card you used from any further transactions. More likely they will ban your account which can possibly deny you access to any games you have already purchased on their store. I am not attempting to sway you from doing what you said. Just giving you a heads up.

Indeed. Don't dispute it or do a chargeback. Deal with support if you can.

member_10570880
6th Aug 2012, 18:40
Those who bought this game should start receiving emails from Digital River soon saying that you initiated a refund (even if you didn't). Make sure you follow the instructions in the email or else you may not be able to get the refund without major hassle. Here is what the letter says...You then have to say you agree and it will take you to a confirmation page. Hope this helps.

FINAL FANTASY VII [PC DOWNLOAD]

<blockquote> Customer has requested a refund from Digital River for the product(s) identified in the comments box at the bottom of this page. Customer understands and agrees that, prior to receiving a refund, Customer must take the necessary measures to delete and destroy the intellectual property licensed to Customer (for use under the terms of the Publisher's license agreement) for which Customer is seeking the refund.
By clicking the "I Agree" button at the bottom of this page, Customer represents and warrants that Customer has in fact rendered the product completely unusable by Customer, and that Customer has not made any copies of the product available to any other person. Customer further represents and warrants that Customer has not kept any back up or other copies of the product for any reason.
In reliance on Customer's representations and warranties, Digital River agrees it will refund the purchase price of the product to the Customer. Furthermore, Digital River will report the product as "destroyed" to the software vendor once this letter has been executed by the Customer and received at Digital River. Customer acknowledges that any continued use of the software product constitutes a willful copyright infringement on the part of Customer. By law, Customer may be liable for civil damages (including attorneys' fees) of up to 150,000 USD for each willful copyright infringement.</blockquote>

MoonUNit
6th Aug 2012, 18:42
Yep. That is quite nice that the customer didn't have to contact SE support directly in order to get a refund.

Xeinok
6th Aug 2012, 21:14
I don't want a refund - I want my game.

Mite
7th Aug 2012, 18:43
Apparently anyone who purchased the game will be getting a refund along with the game when it is officially released free of charge. This is nice of Square Enix but in reality they are dodging a bullet in the smartest way possible. Still good of them. If any of you have purchased the game and are awaiting refunds. Make sure you mention this article if you are not offered a free copy of the game when it is released. nitrobeard.com/home/2012/8/7/more-ffvii-... (http://nitrobeard.com/home/2012/8/7/more-ffvii-pc-fun-square-makes-things-right.html)

member_10276412
14th Aug 2012, 12:59
Just purchased Final Fantasy VII and closed window before I wrote down the code by accident. Is there a place where these codes are backed up to?

member_10153418
14th Aug 2012, 13:44
check your email, it will be listed as the game registration code

Mystchyphe-254564
14th Aug 2012, 14:26
Got no email. That was hours ago that i ordered it. It shows up on my bank online as a hold for funds. I try to look up my order to try and get my unlock code and it says no such order/user depending on which way i look it up...

Rodrigo
14th Aug 2012, 14:28
Just bought it how do I download it? can anyone tell me pls?

member_10113172
14th Aug 2012, 14:49
I also received no e-mail and didn't write down my code before I closed the browser. Shame on me for thinking that Square would utilize anything remotely like any other digital distributer. Please, help me out here square, just downloading the game was a pain, I'd like to play what I bought.

Shooks625
14th Aug 2012, 15:11
I forgot to copy the key as well but when I looked at my internet history on Chrome and pulled up the "Square Enix Online Store - Order Completed" link in my history it had my key.

OMEGAneely
14th Aug 2012, 19:33
any1 also not see the "Already paid? Click here." button i cant active the game! all i got was an activation code and its asking me for a serial number. please help

Johnntmt
14th Aug 2012, 20:32
Does anyone know where I can find my serial number? Mine is completed and I am unable to find my serial number because they never sent me a receipt with the code. :( I want to start on it and getting very fustrated with myself for not saving the code and square for not e-mailing me a confirmation

member_10648405
14th Aug 2012, 20:50
Dig through your internet history, sir. I did the same exact thing.

The URL will look like the following...

https://store.na.square-enix.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=sqenixus&id=ThankYouPage&reqID=(ID HERE)

Velkare
14th Aug 2012, 20:56
It should also be in the e-mail you recieved from Square Enix that was the receipt for your purchase.

Velkare
14th Aug 2012, 20:59
The serial number should be in the e-mail your recieved from Square Enix as a receipt for your purchase. Look for the subject webhelp.v4

Johnntmt
14th Aug 2012, 21:32
It should also be in the e-mail you recieved from Square Enix that was the receipt for your purchase.

I said there was no receipt :(

Johnntmt
14th Aug 2012, 21:32

member_10245210
14th Aug 2012, 21:35
I haven't received a receipt yet either.

There also seems to be no record attached to our accounts as any respectable site would maintain :\.

Monument-261041
14th Aug 2012, 21:37
Looking for the same thing

eastroberte
14th Aug 2012, 21:56
just had the same issue. no receipt no confirmation. last page i saw said order was being processed. however, my card is showing a pending charge. where do i download my game? http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

masscam83
14th Aug 2012, 22:00
mine is downloaded and i can't find a serial # also no recepit...what do we do anyone know?

Ruin216
14th Aug 2012, 22:47
I have no idea where i get this please help

GundamBanshee
14th Aug 2012, 22:49
Looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. I didn't even get any kind of confirmation of purchasing the game other than the charge to my credit card.

Sen_Auditore
14th Aug 2012, 22:52
After you pay for it, its on the confirmation web page and in the email as well I believe.

member_10350758
14th Aug 2012, 22:56
The only thing that was on my confirmation page was that I will get notification in the mail shortly. Never got it - checked the spam folder also, it's not there. The order is NOT showing up on the findmyorder page, as well. And yet my card WAS charged, I can see the charge listed.

Getting very aggravated here.

Sen_Auditore
14th Aug 2012, 23:02
The only thing that was on my confirmation page was that I will get notification in the mail shortly. Never got it - checked the spam folder also, it's not there. The order is NOT showing up on the findmyorder page, as well. And yet my card WAS charged, I can see the charge listed.

Getting very aggravated here.

Keep Calm, Im the Doctor. Now at this point if all else has failed, emailing a worker of Square or calling their help number would be your only bet at getting things rolling.

Ruin216
14th Aug 2012, 23:03
Just got confirmation email serial code was at the botom of email. Thanks all

eastroberte
14th Aug 2012, 23:07
got a quick response from support with a link to download and receipt!

member_10216587
14th Aug 2012, 23:29
just had the same issue. no receipt no confirmation. last page i saw said order was being processed. however, my card is showing a pending charge. where do i download my game?

Im in the same boat as you. Hopefully support helps me out aswell.

member_10308336
15th Aug 2012, 00:03
I'm having the same problem, but i ordered the game a good 10 hours ago, and still no email...

djh932
15th Aug 2012, 02:28
I have the exact same problem. I bought the game 14 hours ago, still no confirmation E-mail. I have the game downloaded but canèt activate it without the code. Does it appear anywhere else?

prymortal69
15th Aug 2012, 03:06
Same here, they have charged me & nothing, no link, no e-mail, no nothing.

*edit i have now brought 2 copys, same story as above.

tir43l
15th Aug 2012, 07:11
Check your spam folders, especially if you are using Gmail. The email will be from SE.

member_10151247
15th Aug 2012, 07:14

Not so easy for those that have yet to receive the email. I bought FF:VII yesterday and still haven't received mine.

member_10151247
15th Aug 2012, 08:47
Looks like the SE support page is broken too. Think they're getting the hint yet?

prymortal69
15th Aug 2012, 09:13
i just got 1 sent to me, waiting on the other....

member_10154840
15th Aug 2012, 09:31
I am having the same problem. I bought the game yesterday, I have no receipt or key, but my credit card shows the payment. :(

galpin25
15th Aug 2012, 09:34
Is the Activation Code the same as the Serial Number? Mine won't work when I put it in.

masscam83
15th Aug 2012, 10:18
same here i bought mine yesterday and nothing

wowbrandon
15th Aug 2012, 11:26
Hi all,
I bought and istalled FF7 and all went smoothly until it asked my for the activation code... I can't find it anywhere. I've double checked my confirmation email and it's not there... Where else should I be looking?
Thanks for the help

Vantharas
15th Aug 2012, 11:28
It is in your order confirmation email.

wowbrandon
15th Aug 2012, 11:30
It's not though.... The serial number is in that email... not the Activation code... Are they the same thing?

member_10308336
15th Aug 2012, 11:41
I have, many times. There is absolutely nothing from them in my junk mail.

BioSafety
15th Aug 2012, 11:44
That would be awesome, if I got my order confirmation Email.

wowbrandon
15th Aug 2012, 11:46
They are the same... So it's all good... installed and working.... Too bad they couldn't just call it the same thing but the serial does in fact eqaul the activation code as well.

masscam83
15th Aug 2012, 13:12
i keep getting a server error

klong977
15th Aug 2012, 13:16
For those without a receipt, the SE receipt mentions findmyorder.com where you can search by email address and last 5 digits of the credit card used. Not sure if it's reliable, but worth a try.

@Taylor: I'd assume they are the same since it fits the spaces perfectly, but I keep getting a server error so I can't confirm it.

edit: I tried logging in from the SE button (can't remember what it said specifically, but was underneath the Facebook button) used this account's info and it logged in without asking for the activation code a second time.

Ravoz
15th Aug 2012, 13:53
Has anyone found a solution for finding their serial number? I still have not gotten a confirmation email from my purchase and searching through my chrome browser history for the confirmation page doesn't work for me. It just returned in error.

This has to be the most frustrating purchase experience i've had in many years.

Anyone?

Xaverri
15th Aug 2012, 14:48
I am also waiting for my comfirmation email. I will have to agree that this is extremely frustrating, they should have partnered with a better distribution service. I really wanted to play this on my day off today. Now I won't get a chance till next week.

member_10154840
15th Aug 2012, 15:29
For those without a receipt, the SE receipt mentions findmyorder.com where you can search by email address and last 5 digits of the credit card used. Not sure if it's reliable, but worth a try.

@Taylor: I'd assume they are the same since it fits the spaces perfectly, but I keep getting a server error so I can't confirm it.

edit: I tried logging in from the SE button (can't remember what it said specifically, but was underneath the Facebook button) used this account's info and it logged in without asking for the activation code a second time.

I tried going to findmyorder.com and it just shows me an order for Saints Row 3 from last year. :(

Scriabin
15th Aug 2012, 16:44
I am having the same problem.. I purchased the game, it is asking for the Serial which is required to play, and I don't know where to find it... I hope this is resolved soon

Scriabin
15th Aug 2012, 16:48
I just purchased Final Fantasy 7 for my computer, I successfully installed it, and am ready to play. I launch it, and it says

Enter your serial

Please enter your serial number in the supplied text area and click 'Activate' to unlock. This will connect to the license server via the Internet and request an unlock license. Press 'Exit' to abort.

I checked my email address, the only place where I hoped to find it, but to no avail. Is there anything I can do aside from eventually call them, or should I just wait for an email or what? Or is this a problem that everyone has?

djh932
15th Aug 2012, 16:51
Welcome to the "club" I'm at over 30 hours and counting.

member_10245210
15th Aug 2012, 16:54
Findmyorder.com is taking me to Origin which is an entirely different service http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

ScottRTLis
15th Aug 2012, 16:58
Go here:

www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com/)

I am able to find my order and see all the codes, worked like a charm

member_10822267
15th Aug 2012, 17:06
I just purchased Final Fantasy 7 for my computer, I successfully installed it, and am ready to play. I launch it, and it says

Enter your serial

Please enter your serial number in the supplied text area and click 'Activate' to unlock. This will connect to the license server via the Internet and request an unlock license. Press 'Exit' to abort.

I checked my email address, the only place where I hoped to find it, but to no avail. Is there anything I can do aside from eventually call them, or should I just wait for an email or what? Or is this a problem that everyone has?

Sadly, you are not the only waiting for their code. I am beyond frustrated because I am looking forward to playing this game. I put in a ticket for it, but at this rate, I will probably get the email before I get their reply.

member_10822267
15th Aug 2012, 17:08
I am having the same problem.. I purchased the game, it is asking for the Serial which is required to play, and I don't know where to find it... I hope this is resolved soon

Sadly, me too! Its irritating, but I will wait a little longer before I get to pissed off...lol

member_10157594
15th Aug 2012, 17:12
For those of you who don't have your serial code and you havn't cleaned out your web browser history, simply look through your web browser history and look for the square enix page that says order complete you should find your code there. this is how I found mine as there really is no other way to find it without contacting them about it, if you left the order complete page before saving the code. So for those of you who cleared your browsing history your gonna have to wait Square Enix really failed at this whole digital download thing ...

MaxamillionFF
15th Aug 2012, 17:22

Enter your serial

mine says same thing....calling Square enix

member_10822267
15th Aug 2012, 17:22
For those of you who don't have your serial code and you havn't cleaned out your web browser history, simply look through your web browser history and look for the square enix page that says order complete you should find your code there. this is how I found mine as there really is no other way to find it without contacting them about it, if you left the order complete page before saving the code. So for those of you who cleared your browsing history your gonna have to wait Square Enix really failed at this whole digital download thing ...

That didn't work for me either. Someone else suggested it as well, and I only get the store information but not the actual order. I haven't closed my browser since I bought the game, but my history didn't save it or doesn't show. So I will have to wait for the email, I hope. I've already put in a ticket, but who knows what will happen there.

member_10679718
15th Aug 2012, 17:30
This is BS! Where is my activation key?

Upgraydd98
15th Aug 2012, 17:46
Im in the opposite situation here, I got my confirmation with unlock code but no link to DL the game. Turns out they wait to send out a link for up to 72 hours. So i ended up requesting a refund.

Supercollider
15th Aug 2012, 17:50
Check your "Spam" email folder and see if its in there. It was sent to spam for me. There is a serial and a registration key, they are different things FYI.

ddiazse
15th Aug 2012, 17:51
The guys who DID get the activation key:

Did you register prior purchasing the game, or did you register as you purchased it?

Still nothing here, the only email i've received is the confirmation of my account creation.

member_10679718
15th Aug 2012, 18:56
Good news! Just call 310-846-0345 and ask for the confirmation email. They will push it through right away! Good luck all!

Thelzarc
15th Aug 2012, 19:26
i keep getting a server error

I am also getting nothing but server errors, even though I know my code is correct.

prymortal69
15th Aug 2012, 23:30
Go here:

www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com/)

I am able to find my order and see all the codes, worked like a charm

It only shows the codes they have e-mailed you not the codes your waiting on like the 1 they still have to send me.

SanAndreasX-282060
16th Aug 2012, 13:12
...When I try to enter the activation code for FF7 PC, it gives me an "invalid code" message. I have checked both the confirmation email and findmyorder.com. No dice. Please advise.

dooku456
16th Aug 2012, 17:11
go to your email order confirmation, there should be a link to findmyorder.com or something like that and once there type in information etc etc... and you'll get your serial # :D

member_10604133
16th Aug 2012, 22:55
Still can't see mine two days later... Seriously http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

stbellair
17th Aug 2012, 01:27
I just got FFVII downloaded and trying to activated it throught that securom nonsense. Where or how do I find my serial code?

member_10653877
17th Aug 2012, 01:39
I just got FFVII downloaded and trying to activated it throught that securom nonsense. Where or how do I find my serial code?

good question. People have been saying www.findmyorder.com works for them. but it doesn't work for me. it sends me to TERA's help page for some reason

Scriabin
17th Aug 2012, 09:43
go to your email order confirmation, there should be a link to findmyorder.com or something like that and once there type in information etc etc... and you'll get your serial # :D

I have no order confermation email, and I have no email from square enix aside from confirming that I registered on their site prior to buying final fantasy 7. It seems I have to call them now...

Anyone know which number I should call?

member_10217861
17th Aug 2012, 11:48
I have the same issue. No email, not in spam folder. Square does not help when you call them, they just refer you to digital river and they do not even have the number for them. I can't seem to find the number even on digital rivers website. This was handled really poorly by square.

member_10103292
17th Aug 2012, 12:35
It should be in the email they sent you when you bought the game.

member_10217861
17th Aug 2012, 12:50
The email actually comes from Digital River. I have not received mine and if you call Square they refer you to Digital River.

ExileOfDreamZ-262162
17th Aug 2012, 12:53
where do I find the activation code?

ExileOfDreamZ-262162
17th Aug 2012, 13:05
Anyone?

ExileOfDreamZ-262162
17th Aug 2012, 13:24
Really? So No Ones Gotten To This Point?

Mantha03
17th Aug 2012, 13:30
thye'll email you

baebunny
17th Aug 2012, 13:30
I couldn't find it myself, so I worte to their Customer Service for some help

Its the same set of numbers as the Serial Number, but the game triiiiiiies to make it work, but then comes back with an error saying "SERVER ERROR, PLEASE TRY AGAIN"

I really don't know what's going on either

Rix
17th Aug 2012, 13:51
Would love a buddy pass if anybody has one, i'd really like to try and test this out

-El Psy Congroo

member_10653877
17th Aug 2012, 14:17
It should be in the email they sent you when you bought the game.

never received an email. Checked in Spam and inbox. haven't erased anything since purchase date.

joshuavetere
17th Aug 2012, 14:22
Digital River customer service line is open 24/7 and you may contact them at (952)253-1234, They are the distributor.

I called and gave them my order email and had a new serial code email and a couple of minutes.

Sheraton1983-288630
17th Aug 2012, 14:34
Hi to all reading this, I bought the EU version of FF7 earlier today and have managed to successfully download and install it. After logging in it brings me to an Activation page and when I put in the code it comes up with 'Server Error'. I've tried reinstalling it and adding it as an exception in my firewall but can't get it to work. I have seen a fix for the NA version but not the EU version, can anyone help?

Kilobite
17th Aug 2012, 15:14
Where did you see a fix for the NA verison? I am still unable to activate my game after installation. Same issue, except zero firewall settings are enabled, and . As a network administrator, I can ensure that it has the connection it requires, and leads me to believe that it is on the servers end for authenticating the activation code. I cannot seem to find an admin post in regards to this, is anyone else able to point me in the correct direction?

Sheraton1983-288630
17th Aug 2012, 15:29
The NA fix I saw was on here. The login defaults to the EU version so what you have to do is login underneath the facebook option on the launcher. Apparantly this works though not having the NA version I couldn't say

Kilobite
17th Aug 2012, 16:34
Interesting, thanks for your prompt response :)

akjhu_
17th Aug 2012, 16:36
I did the same thing. I havent played a PC game for so long that i forgot how important those keys are. I was assuming i would receive a confirmation email with the serial in it but i did not. What a bummer! I guess i could always buy another key..... but what a waste, really.....

member_10604133
17th Aug 2012, 23:37
It taking up to 72 hours is a lie. I still don't have my serial # after 3 days. Anyone else having any luck?

RommiRusina-287794
18th Aug 2012, 04:34
Have someone found solution for this problem? I am not able to play because of this :(

JohnHeroHD-288825
18th Aug 2012, 04:39
Yeah, same here. It looks like the NA gamers have no problems, where the EU games do have problems.

EDyott
18th Aug 2012, 06:50
Same thing, no confirmation email except for the SE account creation. Tried history but the pages wont load. Its been three days and I still dont have an email. This is CRAP!

Sheraton1983-288630
18th Aug 2012, 07:00
Whats strange is a friend of mine who got the EU version as well has also downloaded this and has no problems. I think the best bet is to wait till Monday when Square Enix are back in the office then ring them

Sheraton1983-288630
18th Aug 2012, 11:04
Okay good news guys, I just got a response from Sqaure Enix that my request for Tech Support on this matter was received and will be dealt with shortly. I'll keep you all posted as to the outcome.

Sheraton1983-288630
18th Aug 2012, 11:04
Okay good news guys, I just got a response from Sqaure Enix that my request for Tech Support on this matter was received and will be dealt with shortly. I'll keep you all posted as to the outcome.

JohnHeroHD-288825
18th Aug 2012, 11:13

So it seems they are working on Saturday, awesome.

Let's hope they tackle this issue.

member_10154840
18th Aug 2012, 12:59
Still nothing here. Only thing so far came two days after submitting my ticket telling me they would respond within two more business days. At this point I don't even want the game anymore. I just want my money back.

member_10821424
18th Aug 2012, 22:19
Same here I bought this game About 5 hours ago and i dont have a Serial code that came in my email yet >.<

member_10768644
19th Aug 2012, 00:29
Look for something from webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com (mailto:webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com) - thats the email you're looking for.

JohnHeroHD-288825
19th Aug 2012, 13:09
We need to get this to the top of the forum again.

Has anyone heard any news, or is the problem solved for you guy's?

bakaouji-297783
19th Aug 2012, 13:50
I purchased and downloaded Final Fantasy VII for the PC last night. I was billed for the game but I never received any email confirmation with any information. I never got an activation code or anything. Now I can't play the game that I bought and was billed for. Where do you find this activation code at?

CoffeeBasket
19th Aug 2012, 14:03
I only got a mail from my support ticket saying that it's been properly reviewed. No reply, though. I guess they're working on it

Scriabin
19th Aug 2012, 16:58
What is probably the worst part about this issue is that I have no receipt, no order confirmation.. so if this isn't personally resolved soon somehow, It appears I will not even have the ability to refund my money.

And yes, it's been half a week now, and I have no email with the serial number.

Thepiegod
19th Aug 2012, 16:59
I have had the same problem.

SilentFox117
19th Aug 2012, 17:43
try here.

store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Acti... (https://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE)

Thepiegod
19th Aug 2012, 19:37
Great, I am having that same problem, I try that link, says there is no order history found. Yes, I have no order history, yet my bank statement argues otherwise.

JohnHeroHD-288825
20th Aug 2012, 02:25
Yeah, same here.

=====

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Centre.

This email has been sent to notify you that your ticket was received properly. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket directly.

If your issue has already been resolved and you are no longer in need of support, the URL below will provide you with a "Cancel Ticket" option to close your open ticket.

Please be advised that any e-mails sent to this address will not be answered.

-------------------------------------
SQUARE ENIX Support Centre
support.eu.square-enix.com/ (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/)

=====

prymortal69
20th Aug 2012, 04:17
still waiting on my frist order, got the second one

just had my bank reverse my first order so no need to worry anymore.

Sheraton1983-288630
20th Aug 2012, 05:13
I have just spoken to SquareEnix customer services and they have told me that they are aware of it and have raised it on high priority to the head office in Japan for resolution.
What has happened is that the servers are ovrloaded with people trying to activate, login, etc. and they were not expecting so many. Needless to say it should be sorted soon though in the meantime they have advised us to keep trying.

JohnHeroHD-288825
20th Aug 2012, 05:18
I have just spoken to SquareEnix customer services and they have told me that they are aware of it and have raised it on high priority to the head office in Japan for resolution. What has happened is that the servers are ovrloaded with people trying to activate, login, etc. and they were not expecting so many. Needless to say it should be sorted soon though in the meantime they have advised us to keep trying.

Thank you for sharing that information.
Let's hope they sort it out quickly.

Scriabin
20th Aug 2012, 09:10
try here.

store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Acti... (https://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE)

Wow that worked!!! I have found the solution :)

thanks a bunch.

Sheraton1983-288630
20th Aug 2012, 14:20
Hi guys, just a quick update for you. After coming home from work today I tried logging in and inputting the activation code. Still the same problem occured. I tried again at 7:45pm today and it worked!!! I didn't need to input my Activation code, only my login so it's definatly worth having another crack at it guys and seeing if you can get in.

JohnHeroHD-288825
20th Aug 2012, 15:01
Hi guys, just a quick update for you. After coming home from work today I tried logging in and inputting the activation code. Still the same problem occured. I tried again at 7:45pm today and it worked!!! I didn't need to input my Activation code, only my login so it's definatly worth having another crack at it guys and seeing if you can get in.

YES YES YES! It works for me too! I did not have to enter the code, it went straight to the menu!!
Awesome!!! :-D

It is telling me that remote sync failed and that I need to check my network settings (which are fine btw..)

member_10151247
21st Aug 2012, 08:20
still waiting on my frist order, got the second one

just had my bank reverse my first order so no need to worry anymore.

I just did the same thing and had my bank reverse the charges. SE will now get hit with chargeback fees and they can suck it. I never imagined something could be handled so horribly wrong. And of all the negative responses and hundreds of questions dealing with purchases, I believe I've seen two replies from SE staff, neither of which were helpful in any way.

member_10154840
21st Aug 2012, 09:17
It has been a week since I bought the game and I have not received a response to anything I have sent them. I decided to contest the charge on my credit card.

Kazesousha
21st Aug 2012, 12:18
got a quick response from support with a link to download and receipt!

How do you reccommend contacting them? I used the support contect page and I got two mails saying I'd have a result in 48 hours, no avail

Khell_chevere
21st Aug 2012, 15:13
I bought FFVII last week, first I didn't have the download link (some kind user gave it to me)
then I got the message Server Error - Please Try Again

and today I got the message CODE ALREADY USED.

what to do now, am I the only one with this problem?????

FearedBeard6
22nd Aug 2012, 22:08
I'm having the same issue. I tried that link, it says no order history, but I was definitely charged. I don't have a number to call them. I just want to play this!!!! (or at least get my money back)

member_10091904
23rd Aug 2012, 16:00
I checked that link and that didn't work for me. It makes me nervous because Square lists my order history as having no previous orders to view... Checked my bank account and they definitely charged me.

I sent an e-mail to Square support. Has anyone received a response from them yet?

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 19:59
Give them a call maybe they can help.

310-846-0345 Option 3

Linxlexxi
24th Aug 2012, 17:11
Good to know i'm not the only person with this issue. I had the order page open but I accidently shut down my browser. So I paid for this game and can't even play it. Filed a ticket and hoping to hear back soon.

member_10242761
25th Aug 2012, 22:34
Same problem here, no confirmation or serial! Filed a ticket with Square-Enix and they forwarded me elsewhere. Filed a ticket there 3 times before I actually got a response and that response was "we have no record of your order" though the money was taken out of my bank account. Had to call my bank to have the money refunded since neither Square-Enix or the people at findmyorder.com were going to provide me my serial number. This was definitely a poorly executed release and I don't recommend purchasing until they resolve all the issues :\

member_10454444
27th Aug 2012, 15:36
Entered the serial number, now it wants an activation code. You mean the unlock code? No, that doeesn't work. The phone number just gives silence, no one answers. This is complete BS. I checked and I was indeed charged for this. Time to call my lawyer.

member_10180960
30th Aug 2012, 02:46
I closed the browser and dont know where to retrieve my serial code... i assumed email but its not there either.

tylerjfrost92
30th Aug 2012, 04:44
I closed the browser and dont know where to retrieve my serial code... i assumed email but its not there either.

Okay I just had the same problem as you, this is what I came up with. Go to "findmyorder.com" and type in your email and the last 5 numbers of the credit card used to purchase the game, it will bring you to the order details that contain the serial number and unlock code. I hope that helps, if you see anyone else having the same problem refer them to that website, a lot of people are having issues with it!

member_10300787
31st Aug 2012, 19:56
I bought the game, after trouble with it accepting my Master Card for unknow reasons, and downloaded it without a problem. Then, after running the launcher, I logged in, put in the activation code, and it came back with an error. Now, anytime I try to redo it and enter the code, it says it is invalid. I called customer service and they are telling me I have to do all of this internet allowing bullcrap I've already done. He gave me a new code, BOOM, same problem. Two codes, two errors, no game. I am furious. I have waited ALL DAY to play this and for this much trouble over a downloadable game released when I was a kid it infuriating. I mean, come on.

SeanTheVoidKnight
31st Aug 2012, 22:02
I bought the game, after trouble with it accepting my Master Card for unknow reasons, and downloaded it without a problem. Then, after running the launcher, I logged in, put in the activation code, and it came back with an error. Now, anytime I try to redo it and enter the code, it says it is invalid. I called customer service and they are telling me I have to do all of this internet allowing bullcrap I've already done. He gave me a new code, BOOM, same problem. Two codes, two errors, no game. I am furious. I have waited ALL DAY to play this and for this much trouble over a downloadable game released when I was a kid it infuriating. I mean, come on.

Something like this has happened to me when i bought the game earlier today, after buying the game it sent me an email saying the transaction was complet and when i went to follow the download steps no client opened up for me to down load the game it only sent me to the invoice i have tried shuting of all my safety but still nothing.

wrussell1982
31st Aug 2012, 22:26
Something like this for me too. I went through all the activation before the launcher starts. After the launcher starts, you login, and then need to enter the activation key again is where I run into trouble. I get the message "We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly." That all I get, no error code, nothing. I contacted phone support and all they said was "keep trying". My PC is in DMZ hosting, EVERY port is forwarded, and I even disabled my firewall and antivirus. Nothing seems to work, so I submitted a support ticket.

MVboy39
2nd Sep 2012, 20:16
Square has a lot to learn from companies like Valve. I can get to the order information, but I can't find a download button.

-Turnpike-
2nd Sep 2012, 21:18
Found my order confirmation with a serial number way at the bottom of the email. It was sent by an admittedly easy to gloss over name. "webhelp.v4"

I had been able to get everything to work the night I bought it Aug.22nd, but I just reinstalled and it asked for the serial # which was the only thing I hadn't thought to save. I put the download exe on my Amazon cloud drive, since they tell you after purchasing that you only have a limited number of days before they won't give you the application anymore. It's your responsibility to keep a copy of it somewhere safe, which is dumb but w/e.

member_10270711
4th Sep 2012, 13:40
Give them a call maybe they can help.

310-846-0345 Option 3

I called them and they were able to "force send" the confirmation email again for my serial. Digital River is at fault here - but SE did choose them..

WindKun
4th Sep 2012, 13:43
Can someone link me to the actual US Download Client link? Assuming it downloads via a client; I got the e-mail with my CD Key; card was charged - but no Download Link (even after putting the last 5 digits, and / or the order number and password)
Much appreciated!

WindKun
5th Sep 2012, 10:03
This is not an illegal down-load, there is no crack - it is JUST the game client; which asks you for your square username and password and your CD key in order to activate; once i downloded this client I was able to play fineI hope this helps people out and if I can not post this then please delete the most; but no piracy is involved is it just a game client torrent.

thepiratebay.se/torrent/7556897/Final.Fa... (http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7556897/Final.Fantasy.VII.Remake-RELOADED)

WindKun
5th Sep 2012, 10:04
Apparently anyone who purchased the game will be getting a refund along with the game when it is officially released free of charge. This is nice of Square Enix but in reality they are dodging a bullet in the smartest way possible. Still good of them. If any of you have purchased the game and are awaiting refunds. Make sure you mention this article if you are not offered a free copy of the game when it is released. nitrobeard.com/home/2012/8/7/more-ffvii-... (http://nitrobeard.com/home/2012/8/7/more-ffvii-pc-fun-square-makes-things-right.html)

thepiratebay.se/torrent/7556897/Final.Fa... (http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7556897/Final.Fantasy.VII.Remake-RELOADED)

Aslong as you have your CD Key and your square INFO download the client via Torrent (ITS NOT A CRACK ITS JUST AN INSTALLER) and enter your information. I was so excited getting an acievement for my first limit break :). Cloud Storage is SCHWEEET too.

Nightshroud-373213
7th Sep 2012, 00:04
Alright, I am in an odd position. I bought the game and got the game from a link someone posted and everything is working well, but after going through the menus and such I am asked for an Activation Key for my copy of Final Fantasy VII, how do I obtain such a thing? I have my e-mail with the registration code I put in for the official site and the Serial Number but yet no Activation Key.

Am I supposed to wait for 3 days to get it or is it somewhere that I have yet to look?

YIKBKKC-388810
11th Sep 2012, 10:42
pls activation code?

member_10701876
11th Sep 2012, 11:34
The activation code (called the members registration code in the email) and serial number both come in an email from webhelpv4, with the subject as Square-Enix, Inc. - Order Confirmation (Order #blahblahblahblahblah). You should have gotten this in the email that you gave them after you made your game purchase. Enter the Serial Number into the boxes when the game asks you to. Go to game registration on the square-enix website after that and enter the registration code to register your game and earn points.

sharding
13th Sep 2012, 19:21
Hello Aaron,

Our apologies for the delay in responding to your issue. Did you manage to get this issue resolved? As Sean mentioned, you should have received a confirmation email from Digital River which would include your Serial number/product code and the SQUARE ENIX Members Product Registration code. If by chance you still haven't gotten this fixed up, let us know and we'll make sure that gets taken care of.

Thanks!

XxTriqqer
17th Sep 2012, 07:12
So I managed to get the folders of the game, but I dunno how to get it, AGAIN. Anybody know how to get it..?
>__<

Eldrik1332
27th Oct 2012, 22:39
I recently formatted my pc to upgrade to Windows 8 and when I went to reinstal FF7 I realized I no longer have the email with my serial key to reinstall the game. Does anyone know if there is a place in your account where you can find it? I don't see any purchase history type of listing on this website so I wasn't sure.

Iceygames-481268
27th Oct 2012, 23:50
Try giving SE a call and see what they can do.

Hittman
28th Oct 2012, 04:52
I recently formatted my pc to upgrade to Windows 8 and when I went to reinstal FF7 I realized I no longer have the email with my serial key to reinstall the game. Does anyone know if there is a place in your account where you can find it? I don't see any purchase history type of listing on this website so I wasn't sure.

i too have bamboozled myself n i believe your only hope is that you still have the email you got wen you payed for it. it will have your order number and serial key unfortunately i accidently deleted that too maybe u were smarter than me but then agaiin maybe not

jamesdales
28th Oct 2012, 22:29
Square will tell you to you're **** out of luck and to **** yourself, that's the kind of customer service they provide their consumers.

ilongnguyen
8th Nov 2012, 07:51

Enter your serial

Yeah, I found mine instantly from the email that enix sent me with the order information. It should include the serial number with it

hcssky-527445
18th Nov 2012, 04:49
hi why i can get activation code?? my game is copy from my game...can tell me how to get??

SE-Chris
28th Nov 2012, 15:01
You should be able to locate the activation code and the download either in the confirmation email when the item was purchased or head over to www.findmyorder.com, (http://www.findmyorder.com,) log into the account with your order number and password or email address and card information.

HalleluyahMatt
30th Nov 2012, 08:49
The activation code (called the members registration code in the email) and serial number both come in an email from webhelpv4, with the subject as Square-Enix, Inc. - Order Confirmation (Order #blahblahblahblahblah). You should have gotten this in the email that you gave them after you made your game purchase. Enter the Serial Number into the boxes when the game asks you to. Go to game registration on the square-enix website after that and enter the registration code to register your game and earn points.

Wrong. That # doesn't even fit.

chowey117
9th Dec 2012, 00:58
someone please help, i ordered this game about a month ago and it was playing just fine when suddenly it started asking me to activate the game with a serial number, i dont have that number someone please help.

Martin_am_Neckar-282591
22nd Dec 2012, 19:03
I want to continue playing FFVII on my new computer, but no longer have the serial key. I've checked my emails and such but don't know where I can recover it. Do I have to contact square enix? If so, does anyone know their email address? :S Thanks

federico.quartetti
27th Dec 2012, 09:51
Hi guys,

I've installed the pc version, tried to play but he wants me to insert activation code after logging in with my square-enix account. I insert the code i recieved by e-mail but it says code is already used. IT's already used 'cause software has already asked me to insert it. What can i do? I tried to register this code on square-enix site: i insert the code, green light appears, i click on "register game" and...all as before doing all...

Grimoire
27th Dec 2012, 12:31
This issue belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

federico.quartetti
28th Dec 2012, 03:55
Hi guys,

I've installed the pc version, tried to play but he wants me to insert activation code after logging in with my square-enix account. I insert the code i recieved by e-mail but it says code is already used. IT's already used 'cause software has already asked me to insert it. What can i do? I tried to register this code on square-enix site: i insert the code, green light appears, i click on "register game" and...all as before doing all...

ringwyrm25
28th Dec 2012, 08:17
Hi guys,

I didn't receive an e-mail with a code in it.. What can I do to get my code?

federico.quartetti
30th Dec 2012, 03:13
up

Grimoire
30th Dec 2012, 09:18
[General Forum Guidelines (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Please do not make a simple post just for the purpose of "bumping" a thread. Also avoid simple posts that don&rsquo;t add constructive information to the thread, for example: &ldquo;first&rdquo;, &ldquo;.&rdquo; to signify agreement, or even &ldquo;/agree&rdquo;. Consider always adding more information or your personal touch on each response.]

federico.quartetti
30th Dec 2012, 09:49
I thought square-enix were serious. I bought something not working, please explain why and how i can solve the prob.

Grimoire
30th Dec 2012, 10:05
Contact [Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=444&la=1)

federico.quartetti
30th Dec 2012, 10:24
I tried it, nothing in database helps me.i don't know how to solve this problem. I bought it as a christmas present to a friend of mine and i'd like to help him making this ff VII working.

30th Dec 2012, 16:50
I paid for the game a few days ago and I've been checking my email constantly just in case it came late or something but I recieved no email or anything for confirmation or downloading the game. Help?

Grimoire
31st Dec 2012, 03:18
Contact [Customer Support] support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=444&la=1)

Chdav01-729802
1st Jan 2013, 16:48
Any more news on this? Im having the same issue.

khaosconn
3rd Feb 2013, 05:53
hey can anyone help me find a way to get my acvtivation key for my ff7 the ones it gives me after the dl fails?? kinda dissapointing

stilo11
2nd Mar 2013, 02:28
How long can it take for the activation code to be sent to mail?

stilo11
2nd Mar 2013, 03:06
Hello. i just bought this game but havent got an activation code email. only for my account.

then iread there is something wrong with the shop-servers. anyone know how long it can take for them to email the code?

Grimoire
2nd Mar 2013, 03:12
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

SE-Chris
4th Mar 2013, 11:57
Typically the code is immediately sent to the email address which has been entered with the purchase. If you did not receive the code or the download it could mean that the order wasn't completed and you may need to try again. Before that though, check out www.findmyorder.com, here you can enter your order information and it will provide your download link and registration codes. If you still can't find the order give Digital River a call (1-800-598-7450) and they will be able to help you with locating the transaction.

Sabinsnake2704
26th Mar 2013, 12:41
I got my activation code, but where in the flying frick do you go to get the installation files at and such?! I mean, the email didn't even include a site where to go to download the new FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers edition for PC at. seriously, this is why I hate digital downloads and prefer the physical copy of the game, so stuff like this doesn't happen!

Kamaka54
26th Mar 2013, 12:47
Im having the same issue i have the activation code but no download files for the game.... any solutions yet??

Cain2121
27th Mar 2013, 00:37
Typically the code is immediately sent to the email address which has been entered with the purchase. If you did not receive the code or the download it could mean that the order wasn't completed and you may need to try again. Before that though, check out www.findmyorder.com, here you can enter your order information and it will provide your download link and registration codes. If you still can't find the order give Digital River a call (1-800-598-7450) and they will be able to help you with locating the transaction.

Dude you rock that worked perfectly thanks!!!!!

Cain2121
27th Mar 2013, 00:37

Thanks man that worked perfectly!

Sidewinder90x
14th Apr 2013, 17:34
does any know one how to find the seriel number for a second time ? i just copied my game to my laptop and it works, i just need my old seriel number but i dont have the email anymore, any ideas ?

totaltard
15th Apr 2013, 19:11
I just bought this game like an hour ago. I have no confirmaiton email, no serial, no key, no download link, NOTHING. I emailed support and got a canned response telling me to go to the Digital River page and enter the last five of my cc and my email address, which also gave me NOTHING. "No Order Found" yet the charge is still on my card? Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't file a complaint with BBB against Square and/or Digital River? This is completely absurd. It's 2013. This game is heralded as one of the best of all time, and it deserves that- and to muddy it with such a terrible process of what the rest of the digital world has made quick work of (purchasing/downloading/playing within a very short amount of time) is nothing short of a tragedy.

member_10596275
19th Apr 2013, 16:38
someone please help, i ordered this game about a month ago and it was playing just fine when suddenly it started asking me to activate the game with a serial number, i dont have that number someone please help.

This is my issue as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

ARTBAR6
30th Apr 2013, 19:12
hey guys,

I just bought FF7PC and I got 2 codes inside the e-mail.

Serial Number/Product Code with 18 digits and strings</pre>

and

Members Registration Code with 16 digits and strings

</pre>
When I enter in GAME REGISTRATION it says I must enter the serial code witch it doesn't fit if I use my

Serial Number/Product Code</pre>

What code should I use?

PD: Why almost everything in this website even my nickname has to be in upper case??

ARTBAR6
30th Apr 2013, 19:19
hey guys,

I just bought FF7PC and I got 2 codes inside the e-mail.

Serial Number/Product Code with 18 digits and strings</pre>

and

Members Registration Code with 16 digits and strings

</pre>

When I enter in GAME REGISTRATION it says I must enter the serial code witch it doesn't fit if I use my

Serial Number/Product Code</pre>

What code should I use?

PD: Why almost everything in this website even my nickname has to be in upper case??

SE-Chris
1st May 2013, 12:12
We apologize for the confusion with these codes, the 18-digit code is the code to activate the game, please note that it is case-sensitive. The 16-digit code is used with the Square Enix Members Website (na.square-enix.com). We hope this has cleared up the confusion.

Evangelistevan
25th May 2013, 21:06
I only got an 18-digit code. How do I get the 16-digit?

member_10655875
25th May 2013, 21:37
Can't activate game with the 18 digit code it too long and same how i get the 16 digit one too ? help

SquareEnixSucks
27th May 2013, 11:52
Should be in your email with the purchase somewhere ^

AwesomeArchon
25th Jun 2013, 14:58
I just purchased FF7 about a week ago. I didn't think the order confirmation email would be of any use, so I just deleted it. Now I have no idea how to get my serial number and register my game. I sent an email to SE support, and haven't heard back yet. Is there any way to get my serial number?

Grimoire
25th Jun 2013, 19:44
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

Contact [Digital River Customer Service] [/url] (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com) (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com) (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com) (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com) (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)[url="mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com"]CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

1-800-598-7450

varano
30th Jun 2013, 16:24
Today (30-Jun-2013) I bought a "final fantasy pc version" and downloaded the game and did the intalación. The problem is that when I start it asks me for a serial # which I have not. When I bouhgt on the website of "square enix" the # was not given or I did not saw. I got an email and I don't see there any serial # ..... I supposed to do?

Grimoire
30th Jun 2013, 18:35
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

varano
1st Jul 2013, 06:00
Today (30-Jun-2013) I bought a "final fantasy pc version" and downloaded the game and did the intalación. The problem is that when I start it asks me for a serial # which I have not. When I bouhgt on the website of "square enix" the # was not given or I did not saw. I got an email and I don't see there any serial # ..... I supposed to do?

member_10730308
4th Jul 2013, 04:31
I like many have bought FF7 for pc via "Sqaure Enix" store which was marketed as exclusive to the store...however now that it made it's way on steam I think previous customers should be given steam keys or refunds

Heretix0r
4th Jul 2013, 05:36
I'm also looking forward to getting the steam key since I just bought this on Square-Enix 2-3 weeks ago, rather than paying twice to secure my game, rather than this websites 30 day limitation to download the game.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

member_10015623
4th Jul 2013, 07:14
This is something I am also looking for. Having just bought the game a month and a half ago, I would have waited to get it on Steam had I known this was going to happen. Please Square-Enix give us Steam Keys!

BUNNYMOON
4th Jul 2013, 10:21
If you can provide steam keys to 3rd party digital distributors like gamersgate and greenmangaming. How about providing steam keys to your early adopters.

IndyAdvant
4th Jul 2013, 11:31
Absolutely ridiculous to not provide steam keys to the people that have already bought ff7 online. It is the exact same game. Many other game devs, for example, when buying a game of theirs on Desura. If the game later comes out on steam, if you contact the dev of the game they will gladly give you a steam key for it. Let alone communicate with you at all...

carcrasher89
4th Jul 2013, 11:38
But this is Square Enix your talking about here, if you call and ask they will probly say that they can not do that at this time please call again in about a week or 2.

WarDrake_
4th Jul 2013, 12:31

Look at the bottom of the email, you'll see the 2 keys you need there, and if not go back to your download link and look at the bottom of that page, they are there too.

newtype06
4th Jul 2013, 18:59
First off, a 30 day download window for something you purchased is a bunch of bunk. Second, we should be provided with a steam key for further download ability. I demand my Steam key as I refuse to pay for this a second time.

Grimoire
4th Jul 2013, 19:22
[Final Fantasy VII launches on Steam!]
eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-vii-launches-steam)

[Phil Elliott] - 04/07/2013 14:16
[Hi folks, I've passed on your messages regarding Steam keys, but unfortunately it's not possible to give out keys to those who have already bought another version of the game. I understand that's not ideal for folks wanting to use Steam to launch the Square Enix Store version, so sorry about that.]

Randomguy79
5th Jul 2013, 13:16
First off, a 30 day download window for something you purchased is a bunch of bunk. Second, we should be provided with a steam key for further download ability. I demand my Steam key as I refuse to pay for this a second time.

The dowload limit is more than bunk it's a scam. There is no other way of putting it.

member_10719663
5th Jul 2013, 14:56
If it's not there you can also go to www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com) and put in email address and last 5 of the cc you used to purchase, and it will bring up the order details you're looking for.

Serber
6th Jul 2013, 15:26
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29922733/Notice_Regarding_30_Day_download_Time_Limit)

jcbwesley22
6th Jul 2013, 21:47
I downloaded the program but I didnt get a serial key. What should I do?

RYANHLIU
12th Aug 2013, 20:56
I downloaded the PC version of FF7 but when the launcher asks me to fill in the serial number and I fill in the serial number I was given with the download, it gives me the message "Code already used".

Then, I tried following the information from this this blog: http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-vii-pc-out-now/

I tried to add a new game by registering the serial number, but after clicking the button "Register", nothing happened.

I would appreciate any help!

Thank you!

jaywalker2309
12th Aug 2013, 21:21
Where did you purchase it?

RYANHLIU
12th Aug 2013, 23:34
I purchased it from the square enix store

ChristSeven
6th Sep 2013, 17:33
Activation process has been terminated. Please make sure the unlock code has been entered correctly.

Press 'Back' to attempt another activation or click 'Exit' to abort. In case the problem still persists please contact mailto:support@securom.com

How do I fix this problem?

xOnyxius
9th Sep 2013, 22:23
So I ended up with an EU CD key, from my understanding i'm stuck with it. Is there somewhere I can trade it for an NA key, or do I have to create an EU account and hope it works?

Cant reach support to save my life so i'm guessing they are not even there.

CSimmons82
18th Sep 2013, 07:35
I have the same issue. When I finished downloading the install file I opened the game file. I did not want to log on through Facebook so I opted for the Square-Enix login. After successfully activating my new account and logging in to the game it prompted me for my activation code (which I recall entering for the installation already) and says after entering it that it was "Already Used"... Anyways I logged into the support center with my new account. There is a log-in for the support center and also another log-in at the SE official site. On the official site you can register your owned games. So I registered FFVII PC with my verified code, it checks out good, but the changes are never saved and I keep returning to an empty game registry... I sent an email to support just now. We'll see if they can help..

Martin_am_Neckar
8th Nov 2013, 20:39
Since upgrading to Windows 8.1, my copy of FFVII is asking again for my activation code which I no longer have. It no longer appears in "my orders" in the shop either. Where can I find it?

jgrauer
9th Nov 2013, 21:36
Hey guys..

Last year I bought Final Fantasy VII, installed and played it, formatted my PC and never looked back... now I'm trying to reinstall the game, and it's asking me for the serial number.. which I don't have anymore.

How do I go about getting it again? I don't have to re buy do I?

Grimoire
9th Nov 2013, 22:13
Contact customer support (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=444&la=1).

Grimoire
9th Nov 2013, 22:21
Contact customer support (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=444&la=1).

jgrauer
9th Nov 2013, 22:25
I did... They are only opened on the week days.. was hoping I could get it earlier. Thanks

Elbergo
10th Nov 2013, 17:51
I have the exact same problem. Did he support help you? I'm still waiting for an answer from them. Did you find a solution by yourself? Please help me I just want to play!

nicobadiola56
10th Dec 2015, 07:32
Hi guys,

I purchased FF7 PC download around 2012, and have never uninstalled it since then. Haven't really tried to play it until recently, when I updated to Windows 10, as I was checking to see if all my games still worked.

It now asks me for an activation code, but I can't find it through my emails - I must have deleted it as it was from way way back. How do I message support to get an activation code? I have a couple of saved games where my chars are all pretty souped up already - all final weapons + limit breaks.

HELP PLS!

Thanks!!

EDIT: I also remember having a different log in screen for it before, with achievements such as using the first limit breaks for each character, etc. I looked into my program files and I still see all the ff7 folders intact. I just need to figure out how to get the code