PDA

View Full Version : Type of game?

rigo14
26th Jul 2010, 22:41
Sorry, people of the Kane & Lynch 2 forums, but i have a question. I happen to be new to this series and would like to know things if I think about getting the game.

Question 1: What is this game type? Like, sandbox? Campaign? Quest? or something else?

Question 2: Should i get the first game in order to get the grasp of the story,or am i just good with starting with this one?

Question 3(last): What is your opinion of this game form 1 being bad to 10 being totally awesome.

Thanks and have a nice day.:thumb:

PS: i used search engine and nothing came up. Sorry if another person did a topic like this. I'm new to this branch of the forums, as I usually appear often at the Just Cause 2 forum.

joe the janitor
26th Jul 2010, 23:16
Hey welcome to the Kane and Lynch section of the forum :D
1. Linear campaign (could have googled this?).
2. Dead Men only takes 3-4 hours to beat so mine as well play it first (could have googled this?).
3. maybe a 7/10. I don't know.

SovietAmerika
26th Jul 2010, 23:24
1.Linear
2.just read the plot on wikipedia.or its only 15 bucks at Gamestop
3.i wont know until i play it but from the demo id give it a 9.4/10

nodoctors
26th Jul 2010, 23:57
Now that your questions have been answered, he best thing you could do is get the demo. It's available to the public on PSN, XBOX Live, and Steam for PC.

Kent-45
27th Jul 2010, 02:36
The fanboy in me would say that the first game is mandatory if you want to call yourself a fan...

however Kane & Lynch 2 is really a reboot of the series. It has almost nothing in common with the first game, except for our two anti-heroes of course. The story, from what I can tell, makes no reference to the first game. You could never even touch the first game and still have a perfect grasp of what's going on.

If you want to understand a little bit more about Kane's backstory, then play the first game. Compared to the 2nd game, the first game is pretty lackluster. My recommendation would be to try out Kane & Lynch 2 and if you REALLY enjoy it, go back and see what the first game is all about.

and Kane & Lynch 1 takes 3-4 hours to beat? Yeah if you sprint through the entire thing. It took me about 6-7 hours, spread over several days to beat the whole game. Even with that said, it was pretty short.

joe the janitor
27th Jul 2010, 02:48
and Kane & Lynch 1 takes 3-4 hours to beat? Yeah if you sprint through the entire thing. It took me about 6-7 hours, spread over several days to beat the whole game. Even with that said, it was pretty short.
That was while playing co-op, and I wasn't even rushing.

Acid_Burn
27th Jul 2010, 08:50
Hey. Welcome to our community :)

I think you really need to watch some trailers. Starting this one:

plbukRf9nYY

Other trailers (http://www.youtube.com/user/kldeadmen)