PDA

View Full Version : Podcast 2 - Audio

Keir
26th Jul 2010, 18:24
Hi!

Following on from the first LCGoL podcast featuring producer, the lovely Forest Large (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=111611), I'll be recording the second in the series with audio gurus Alex Wilmer and Karl Gallagher. We'll be discussing how they create and record the sound effects for Lara, what it's like working with Keeley Hawes and why Karl has a unicycle and didgeridoo in his office.

So if you have any questions about the sonic side of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (or the more recent TR's) here's your chance to ask the guys that are responsible for the sounds in the game.

If you record your question into MP3 format and send me a link (via PM (http://forums.eidosgames.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=66343)) of you asking the quesiton then we'll do our best to feature it, and the more people that take part, the better!

And we might even put some of your voices through the amazing Xolotl-Machine™, making you sound like the baddie in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light :D

chriss_99
26th Jul 2010, 18:56
Another podcast! This is so cool. I will record my question if I come up with a good one. :D

Danielsun_
26th Jul 2010, 19:32
I've noticed Keeley's voice being slightly more energetic in the trailers compared to underworld, what were the reasons for this?

What influences were there in making the monster sounds and how are these made ? (such as the T-rex and Chompeh :D)

jhngyu
26th Jul 2010, 20:23
What would TR9 be called ? Is it Origins ? (or Origins ir just a rumor ?)

Ants_27_
26th Jul 2010, 20:51
Randomly brain-storming I come up with:

1 - When Keeley's recording does she add her own one-liners or add in anyway to the dialogue she's presented with in the script?

2 - With GOL, did Keeley or any of the audio team treat the recording of the script differently to the previous Tomb Raider's, thus the slight change in the way she talks?

Meh, might not really fit in but hey, they are the questions my mind has conjured up! I'm sure I'll think of others when I don't have a headache!:D

Danielsun_
26th Jul 2010, 21:12
Can me and ants get the title of Tour Guides? as thats what we do, aye ants? ;)

beretta
26th Jul 2010, 21:50
my question is general nature being a fan of the first hour I confess that at the beginning I was a little surprised but over time, news on LCGOL I was conquered my question is: why did you want to make a spin-off and after this first experience that has been sastisfaisante to view what I could in the future will bring this style of game for my Lara?

lilhanhan
26th Jul 2010, 22:09
We've noticed in the gameplay footage and trailers shown so far that you've recycled audio from the previous games. Although there's noting wrong with that as the soundtracks have always been great, have you made any original scores/tracks exclusively for LCatGol?

NicoCroft
26th Jul 2010, 22:33
A few questions :

- In GoL, it seems that you've used tracks from Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. Will you use other tracks from the previous games (TR1 to TR6) ?

- Why did you took the decision to use those tracks instead of making a new soundtrack for GoL ?

- Does Lara screams when she falls as she does in Tomb Raider games ? And what about Totec ?

- Are Troels Folmann and Colin O'Malley still working on Tomb Raider even if they're not working on LCGoL ?

Treeble
27th Jul 2010, 00:07
Do we get at least an all new title theme for Guardian of Light?

dark7angel
27th Jul 2010, 14:32
Who's voicing Totec? :D

dambiis
27th Jul 2010, 16:44
is Totec going to speak?

chriss_99
27th Jul 2010, 18:08
Who's voicing Totec? :D

is Totec going to speak?

I believe this has been answered already.

Jim Cummings is the voice actor for Totec.
Totec not only speaks English, but he speaks English with American accent. :D

vgn9k9cuTjM

NexusStone
27th Jul 2010, 18:08
What will the system requirements be?

chriss_99
27th Jul 2010, 18:12
You can find the official system requirements on Steam. Here's the link:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901454/

System Requirements

o OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
o Processor: 3+ GHz Intel or 2.5+ GHZ AMD
o Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP) / 2 GB RAM (Vista)
o Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6 Series (6800GT or better) / ATI 1300XT or better
o Hard Drive: 7GB
o Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers

However, the game will not as big as 7GB. It will be around 2GB.

dark7angel
27th Jul 2010, 18:29
I believe this has been answered already.

Jim Cummings is the voice actor for Totec.
Totec not only speaks English, but he speaks English with American accent. :D

vgn9k9cuTjM

Thanks chriss99!!! :D I really didn't know!!!

Now I have to come out with a new question... :scratch:

Ants_27_
27th Jul 2010, 18:39
Can me and ants get the title of Tour Guides? as thats what we do, aye ants? ;)

Exactly!;)

Helion555
27th Jul 2010, 21:09
Question About LCGoL:

I'd imagine that since this game is smaller in comparison to mainstream Tomb Raider games, but does that mean your job in the game's AUDIO department is easier? Or does the new aspect on a Tomb Raider game create a harder task. In other words, does LCGoL make it easier for you guys, or is it a challenge for you?

ltshaunbrownuk
28th Jul 2010, 06:09
Hi I was just wondering on the playstation 3 will the game support full 1080p which I have noticed more games are being released in and will the sounds be as deep, making you feel as if you are there in the game like underworld I ask this because if the download is only going to be around 2gb compair to 10-50gb on a disk wont it compromise the audio quality and if so what can we expect say equivalent in KBS e.g. 320, 256 or 128?

Also is it going to be implementing the platystation move when it is released I could imagin running around in the game using the playstation move controller for shooting, throwing and exploring the environment?

Keir
28th Jul 2010, 20:29
Thanks for all the questions! We have received so many we'll do our best to answer as many as we can.

Watch this space :)

richunk
28th Jul 2010, 21:58
I was hoping to find out if Keeley is signed for sure to voice Lara (love her voice), and if so then will there be ample dialogue from Lara about plot, puzzles, and with companion Totec in cutscenes and during gameplay.

Also, another sound related question: Can we expect some realistic sound effects for the weapons as well as some new weapons to play with.

TF.Denis
30th Jul 2010, 17:44
hmmm my question:
always when lara jumps..she making a ho! sound or when she climbing she makes an ouuop sound..whose came up with this idea? i never was a fan of deep bass music..i always like the sorround type..will we have this ability in gol??

dark7angel
30th Jul 2010, 18:01
How was the process of choosing Keley Hawes for voice acting Lara? Was she an obvious choice? Were you familiar with her previous work?

And How different was it for you guys to work on GoL when compared to the TR games?

Keir
30th Jul 2010, 19:08
It's a bit late for questions now I'm afraid as the podcast has been recorded. I'm just in the processes of editing it, and then once it's got sign off from the powers that be I'll get it live (probably middle of next week).

It's a really great one, we recorded about two hours of conversation (but I'll cut it down a little :p )

Danielsun_
30th Jul 2010, 19:14
It's a bit late for questions now I'm afraid as the podcast has been recorded. I'm just in the processes of editing it, and then once it's got sign off from the powers that be I'll get it live (probably middle of next week).

It's a really great one, we recorded about two hours of conversation (but I'll cut it down a little :p )

can we get the collectors edition as well, for us hard core fans so the 2 hour version instead of the 40minute one :p

lilhanhan
30th Jul 2010, 20:29
can we get the collectors edition as well, for us hard core fans so the 2 hour version instead of the 40minute one :p

Yeah I'm with Danielsun on the 2 hour thing, we can handle it! Heck I've even managed to listen to a 6 hour podcast in one go (I'm that awesome)! :p :D

richunk
1st Aug 2010, 20:22
I missed posting for Kam Yu's interview, but I would like to make a couple of comments.

I see that Angelina Jolie looks a lot like Lara but for a perfect match I would say from the first of the modern games that Lara looks mostly like that famous Charlies' Angel of old, Jaclyn Smith. She was my favorite Angel.

I was very much elated to find that Kam considers Lara's character and her appearance with such care and detail. I have been very pleased with Lara's presentation in the last three games, and now I know why: Kam's hard work.