PDA

View Full Version : Question about localization...

whendiman
26th Jul 2010, 17:01
Hello, on your forum I was resulted by Russian fans Deus Ex: Human Revolution. My question for Developers... We would like to learn, whether you plan translation of the improbable game on console into Russian (can be only subtitles)...
In advance thanks for the answer. We very much wait your game... :)

P.S. Forgive for a bad pronunciation

St. Mellow
26th Jul 2010, 17:22
Sorry man, but EM firmly believes in a totally alienated fanbase. You won't get answers here. Just speculation.

Fluffis
26th Jul 2010, 17:43
;1458431']Sorry man, but EM firmly believes in a totally alienated fanbase. You won't get answers here. Just speculation.

^^ He's blunt, but he's got a point.
A lot of us have swung by these forums hoping to get an answer from EM, but have been left completely hanging.

Sotsiak
26th Jul 2010, 18:14
You have been mistaken, these are the unofficial official forums. Go away, we give you nothing.

atLaNt1s
26th Jul 2010, 20:07
;1458431']Sorry man, but EM firmly believes in a totally alienated fanbase. You won't get answers here. Just speculation.

And how, but here you are. I think em has something going on and i hope it comes out well.

Ashpolt
26th Jul 2010, 20:15
As much as I agree with [tag]'s post (because, frankly, how can you not agree with it after spending more than a few days here?) I will attempt to give a vaguely sensible answer here:

This is a major project for EM, so I think it's reasonably to expect that it will be translated into Russian, at least via subtitles. I would think due to the massive amounts of spoken dialogue that speech is unlikely though, and will most likely be limited to English, French and possibly German / Spanish.

This isn't an official answer though: your best bet for that would be to send a PM to Keir, who can at least pass the question on to the devs. Fingers crossed you'll get a response.

whendiman
26th Jul 2010, 20:48
This isn't an official answer though: your best bet for that would be to send a PM to Keir, who can at least pass the question on to the devs. Fingers crossed you'll get a response.

Thank you

Fluffis
26th Jul 2010, 20:51
Thank you

Good luck! I really hope you get an answer.

There's gotta be a first time for everything. ;)