PDA

View Full Version : Mafia II demo.

CribbNG3
25th Jul 2010, 20:02
The Mafia II demo is about 15 days from being released on PSN and XBL.

Now ask yourself - is even the most badass singleplayer game only worth a rental? Let's be real, when was the last time you strolled around Liberty City as Niko on GTA IV?

I personally would rather spend $20 to play the game for 2-3 months than $60 for life-zies.

joe the janitor
25th Jul 2010, 20:12
Huh?

CribbNG3
25th Jul 2010, 20:29
Don't
Don't spam
Don't spam my
Don't spam my thread.

joe the janitor
25th Jul 2010, 21:45
I wasn't I just don't understand what the discussion, or question is.

ohitspatty
25th Jul 2010, 21:49
I bought Godfather II once...I still can't sleep at nights.

As for Mafia II...meh, I loved the first one on PC but really I don't want another free roaming game for awhile.

CribbNG3
25th Jul 2010, 21:52
Is even the most badass singleplayer game only worth a rental?

joe the janitor
26th Jul 2010, 00:12
Is even the most badass singleplayer game only worth a rental?
Ok, now I'm getting it. Depends on what the replay value is like, and the cost. Deadly premonition cost me $20 dollars, and I'm on my second playthrough. It took me about 16 hours to beet! MW2 on the other hand took me 4 hours to beet, cost me $60, and I haven't played it since....

TheMoD
26th Jul 2010, 09:57
most of the best games i ever played are sp only, they can def be worth the money.

MxOAgentJohnson
26th Jul 2010, 12:38
Mafia 2, another game added to the longline of GTA freeroaming clones with generic characters, awful voiceactors and a story that puts me to sleep faster than reading every wall of text gnrGrievous has ever written.

petersjov
26th Jul 2010, 13:30
While gnrGrievous could fill his own wikipedia with stuff, and never be finish, i dont belive the supject here is a free-roaming vs non-roaming, it should only be story vs story, because i enjoyed the story of gta4, and i hear that red dead has a god story.
Freeroaming is not equal bad story - but i want to have K&l2, i like the style, action, characters more, and i hope the story is going to be great

BeardedHoplite
26th Jul 2010, 19:08
Now ask yourself - is even the most badass singleplayer game only worth a rental? Let's be real, when was the last time you strolled around Liberty City as Niko on GTA IV?

Why my good man, I was strolling in said city just a few hours ago.

But I think I'll pick up Mafia II after Dog Days. Maybe I can get some cash together and get 'em both...

ohitspatty
27th Jul 2010, 04:52
i dont belive the supject here is a free-roaming vs non-roaming

It's not. I was just stating my opinion, and personally I'm sick of free-roaming games that's why I put Sabatour on hold.

CribbNG3
27th Jul 2010, 15:59

Ironically enough, I started this thread after roaming as both Niko and Luis.

I just can't see how a singleplayer game with all its glory could ever be worth a modern multiplayer game.

Now lets not get misconstrued about older singleplayer games (i.e. Vice City, MGS3). I would buy those because they are classics. A new SP only game IMO is only worth a rental.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 01:32
Mafia 2, another game added to the longline of GTA freeroaming clones with generic characters, awful voiceactors and a story that puts me to sleep faster than reading every wall of text gnrGrievous has ever written.

See , i write the good stuff ...

While gnrGrievous could fill his own wikipedia with stuff, and never be finish, i dont belive the supject here is a free-roaming vs non-roaming, it should only be story vs story, because i enjoyed the story of gta4, and i hear that red dead has a god story.
Freeroaming is not equal bad story - but i want to have K&l2, i like the style, action, characters more, and i hope the story is going to be great

So how goes the petition for a Freeroam Kane & Lynch game ? ...

Ironically enough, I started this thread after roaming as both Niko and Luis.

MEH , Johnny Klebitz is the man , SAY IT ...

Now lets not get misconstrued about older singleplayer games (i.e. Vice City, MGS3). I would buy those because they are classics. A new SP only game IMO is only worth a rental.

Oh , so you also agree that the quality of this generation's games is lower compared to what we had back in the PS2 days ...
That's what i think about anywya ...

SovietAmerika
11th Aug 2010, 20:12
just played it,not that impressed.it was fun but ive played it too much i think it was called GTA.I know not the same time period but its basically the same idea,ill stick with GTA IV and Red Dead

BeardedHoplite
12th Aug 2010, 00:02
I thought it was pretty cool. I like how you can rob every store out there.

CribbNG3
13th Aug 2010, 00:00
If GTA VC came out tomorrow I would probably just rent it too.

Also it is not that GTA VC was FRICKING AMAYZIN compared to GTA IV, it is just that back then all there really was for console gamers was SP so they stressed more time on character and level design.

HOWEVER, one can easily argue that the TLAD characters were far more diverse than any other in the series. HOWEVER, one could also argue that earlier games had more diversity through subtlety.

I think GTA:SA and The ballad of ***got Tony both suffer from "We have new stuff, let's do missions to show off the new stuff!" Syndrome.

Bottom Line____________It's Two Thousand ******* ten, start adding multiplayer to your games!

Because the three ***gots on the gamespot forums who think "Multiplayer makes bad games like GTA IV because they make my panties go in a bunch." ain't the only ones buying your games!

War Thrash
13th Aug 2010, 00:35
Let's be real, when was the last time you strolled around Liberty City as Niko on GTA IV?

Bout 5 days ago. I still play GTA IV very often. Don't think I'll ever get rid of it. Mostly Niko and Johnny. Better characters in my opinion.

I'm downloading the Mafia II demo from PSN. I'll report my opinions when I play it

I think GTA:SA and The ballad of ***got Tony both suffer from "We have new stuff, let's do missions to show off the new stuff!" Syndrome.

Totally agree there. While playing Gay Tony I kept thinking "Really, how many situations in real life repeatedly call for you to require a parachute?" That's why I loved GTA IV proper and Lost and Damned so much. The scenarios were realistic, and didn't have me skydiving every 15 minutes