PDA

View Full Version : Your video game recommendation

joe the janitor
25th Jul 2010, 08:53
There have been "Your favorite video game" threads before, but this is different.

The question is:
If you could recommend one game what would it be? There are a few rules though.
- Can't be Kane and Lynch
- Has to be something that is easily obtainable.
For example:
guy1 says "You should try out the game Ico, it's so fun"!
guy2 says "But Ico is $200 on amazon"!

My recommendation is The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay/Assault on Dark Athena. Because nothing says fun like stabbing away a prison guards fun childhood memories with a sharp piece of plastic! :D

SovietAmerika
25th Jul 2010, 10:27
I also loved Escape from butcher bay,a FPS stealth game great concept.
My reccomendation would have to be Shadow Ops:Red Mercury it was pegged as a summer blockbuster title and thats what it felt like,a action movie,i was never bored with it at all.
really good multiplayer but the community for it never got huge.

BeardedHoplite
25th Jul 2010, 13:47
I recommend a little ditty on the PS2 named No One Lives Forever. It came out a few years ago, but I had no trouble finding at a Gamestop for 3 dollars.
It's like Sean Connory Bond movies and Get Smart, it's hilarious and fun.

Brackstone17
25th Jul 2010, 14:36
Good question, but a tough one. I'll have to go with Team Fortress 2. No other multiplayer game has given me so much enjoyment as that one. Even though I only play the xbox version that has no updates, it's still an amazing game.

petersjov
25th Jul 2010, 18:02
I sorry, but im going to say Clive bakers Jericho, its just a good scary action game, with lots of different FPS mechanics, im not going to spoil it, but your will be able to control everybody, and shift on the fly, so it give your, slow motion, sniper powers, flames stuff, different amonition, healing powers...

Its kind of short levels, so its really nice to play a level, or two, stop and play another day again, as every level is a well told little story.

Its really really dark, and nothing beats the first time your happy fire hundres af shots from a mini gun at a skeleton, just to notice...****...this skeleton had a tower shield..., or try and sniper/control the bullet , and get more than on kill with it!!! awesome

Theres a demo on xbox,ps3,pc and your your squad talk a lot ;-)

SlashPrower
26th Jul 2010, 22:36
I sorry, but im going to say Clive bakers Jericho

FAIL

I recommend any of the Ratchet and Clank games, especially Up Your Arsenal and the Ratchet and Clank Future ones.

petersjov
26th Jul 2010, 22:53
Un-failed my friend , anywho.... Another game i like wheelman, the on foot action is to arcadey but the driving, missions is fun and a lot of action.
Fear2 is also great!!! Very fluid gunplay and animation.

joe the janitor
26th Jul 2010, 23:20
Un-failed my friend , anywho.... Another game i like wheelman, the on foot action is to arcadey but the driving, missions is fun and a lot of action.
GOOD GOD MAN!? Quantum of Solace (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=111627), Clive bakers Jericho, Wheelman, Fear 2! I know everyone is entitled to there own opinion but.... AHHHHHH.

JackGordon
26th Jul 2010, 23:45
Joe, what consoles (all of them, current gen, last gen, antique) do you own? Is there one you prefer playing on? Is there a genre you strongly dislike?

petersjov
27th Jul 2010, 00:05
I ... Dislike ... Sports game :-) unless they are splits 2 player.

And yes i have a very .... Broad taste in games :-)

joe the janitor
27th Jul 2010, 00:13
Joe, what consoles (all of them, current gen, last gen, antique) do you own? Is there one you prefer playing on? Is there a genre you strongly dislike?
Why?

I own everything next gen, and a very high end pc. I like playing on 360, and pc the most.

JackGordon
27th Jul 2010, 00:29
My bad. I misunderstood the whole thread. I thought you needed video game recommendations. Nevermind.

SlashPrower
27th Jul 2010, 17:10

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/57302/saku-head-desk-o.gif

*sigh*

Also, play Deadly Premonition because it KICKS ASS

ohitspatty
27th Jul 2010, 17:37
Ico. Good game.

JackGordon
27th Jul 2010, 17:43
Ico. Good game.
Look at what I found (http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/theteamicocollection/index.html) on Gamespot a couple of days ago...

ohitspatty
27th Jul 2010, 17:58
Look at what I found (http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/theteamicocollection/index.html) on Gamespot a couple of days ago...

Isn't that just a rumor? Last I heard it was just wishful thinking.

JackGordon
27th Jul 2010, 18:19
Gamespot actually only bothers to edit their database when something's practically confirmed...

joe the janitor
27th Jul 2010, 20:02
I found Ico once in a bin..... But I didn't buy it. I have regretted that moment ever since :(

JackGordon
27th Jul 2010, 20:42
That was a pretty stupid decision, my son.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 01:21
Not as dumb as a man i once knew , who Sold his copy of Ico , the collector's edition i might add ...

JackGordon
28th Jul 2010, 01:27
The rare and superior PAL version with art cards?

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 01:59
The one with that nice looking box art ? ...

YES SIRRRRRRRRRRRRRY ! ...

I really didn't exagerated this time ...

ohitspatty
28th Jul 2010, 02:44
Not as dumb as a man i once knew , who Sold his copy of Ico , the collector's edition i might add ...

Once knew? Did you kill him or something?

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 03:56
Phew ...
I was starting to think that no one noticed the weirdness of my "once knew" , and was about to nuke the whole world , due to the lack of hope for any cleverness in mankind ...

Bevacur
28th Jul 2010, 15:15
Ico is 200 dollars? It looks and sound boring... the other game sounds better, what was it? Monsters of Colossus?

The Suffering is a game i recommened! Awesome and full of twists, your choice's effect the ending.

JackGordon
28th Jul 2010, 15:18
Ico is one big puzzle game set in a huge castle with practically zero loading times and features a simple, yet compelling story-line.

No guns, no guts, no big explosions. So yes, it's the best kind of boring ever. The NTSC version isn't worth the 200$ but the PAL (Ltd. ed.) version absolutely is.
http://is.gumtree.com/image/big/5743981.jpg

joe the janitor
28th Jul 2010, 23:23
Good news for me! I just found out I can rent Ico at the local "Yo-Video"! So good news for me :D