PDA

View Full Version : M.p problems!

I am kane
25th Jul 2010, 00:52
I just got done playing f.a and i have to say i hope this isnt the final product at least for the m.p the story is terrific u have to c the camera work to beilive it. any way the lag i encounterd while playing kane and lynch 2 was staggering people were floating in the air the a.i bots would not die they would just freeze form. but i did mange to play a few matches as host and when the connection was decent it was a whole mess load of fun. i just wish a.i bots took less damage since u only have four minutes. so does any 1 no if the demo is the final product or if the connection issues with the m.p will be resolved.:D:confused:

nodoctors
25th Jul 2010, 23:45
This is a problem that really can't be "solved." It even plagues blockbuster games like Modern Warfare 2 and the Gears of War series. It all comes down to the quality of the host's connection, not the quality of the game's programming. You can program in heavy lag compensation, but that has frustrating downsides to it as well. The developers can't magically account for every single person's connection in the world playing multiplayer. It just comes down to playing with people who have actual decent connections. Hopefully you don't fault the developers for this. While dedicated server support would be nice and would help curb this issue, it's not even close to being financially viable for the title. The cost of programming in the support along with maintaining their own official servers wouldn't be worth it, which is why the amount of xbox games that have dedicated server support can probably be counted on a single hand.

When the game comes out there will undoubtedly be way more people playing, and thus more and better hosts for the game to pick.

ohitspatty
26th Jul 2010, 00:30
When the game comes out there will undoubtedly be way more people playing, and thus more and better hosts for the game to pick.

I hope you're right, the demo has a pretty crappy community so far...