PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor Beta

Brackstone17
24th Jul 2010, 13:27
Did anyone get in this? I randomly found an invitation for it in my email today, but I'm not really interested in the game so I wanted to see if it was worth my time at all or if I should just give it to someone else.

Kent-45
24th Jul 2010, 18:48
Medal of Honor is just one in a long line of identical looking FPS shooters, with high poly counts but not much else. The only reason any rational person would have for buying a game like this would be for the multiplayer... and the 60 dollar price tag means it will appeal to two types of people:

1. Timmy, the 12 year old griefer who loves to curse (although his voice hasn't dropped yet) and has daddy's credit card. Timmy's parents buy him bags and bags of videogames every month, because well... it's easier than being a real parents, and cheaper than paying for a babysitter.

2. People who eat, sleep, and breathe FPS shooters. Their computer chair doubles as a portable toilet. Their daily diet consists of mountain dew and pop tarts. They have tons of disposable income because they usually live at home, and don't ever go outside... except to go work at McDonalds or Whataburger.

Needless to say, you'll spend hours on multiplayer getting pwned and schooled over and over by people that have entirely too much time on their hands... and when you're not getting pwned, you're going to have Timmy the aforementioned 12 year old screaming racial epithets at you, bringing your sexual orientation into question, and bringing your mothers sexual orientation into question.... all while he teabags your dead body and blares Rick Roll over the teamchat on repeat at full volume.

All the while you're left with the sobering realization that you just paid 60 dollars for one in a long line of FPS clones that is as unsatisfying as the emptiness that now permeates your wallet. The game will be forgotten in 6 months anyway when the sequel comes out, and if you actually put the time in to get good on the servers... before you know it there will be 50 DLCs, 20 patches, and an expansion pack... all of which make everything you know worthless.

ohitspatty
24th Jul 2010, 20:36
Sadly Timmy is also getting Dog Days this year.

JackGordon
24th Jul 2010, 21:05
Sadly Timmy is also getting Dog Days this year.
Livin' a lie.
http://www.thegamergene.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/timmy_rock_band.jpg

Brackstone17
24th Jul 2010, 21:37
So it probably isn't worth my time then? I figured as much. I hadn't kept up with the hype and sure as hell wasn't about to look into it. I might just give the demo code away to a friend then. I think it works on every platform, so if none of my real friends want it, you guys are welcome to it.

Also, it's just a beta, so I won't be spending $60 just to hear Timmy whine and shout.

BeardedHoplite
24th Jul 2010, 22:30
I also got one of those beta codes, I was actually excited because I had the original MOHs on the PS1 and my friend, who actually has a life and plays soccer, was raving about it.
I redeemed it yesterday and found it to be a dry mixing of Call of Duty and Bad Company. Imagine taking away BC's best traits (destructable enviroments, balanced-ness, fun) and swapping them with Call of Duty ones. It was bland and a disappointment since I loved the PS1 MOHs.

EDIT: Just for reference, I consider Bad Company to be a good game.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 01:38
So , like , i'm just about the only person who buys Call of Duties and Medal of Honor for its single player only ? ...

JackGordon
28th Jul 2010, 01:41
So , like , i'm just about the only person who buys Call of Duties and Medal of Honor for its single player only ? ...
Yes. And I simply don't buy those games because I think they're rubbish.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 01:55
Yes. And I simply don't buy those games because I think they're rubbish.

Man , is there a single game out there that we can all agree that it is not rubbish ? ...

JackGordon
28th Jul 2010, 10:43
Silent Hill 2.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 10:46
Right , some game that's soon going to be a decade old ...

Any current generation game that is not rubbish ? anyone ? ...

JackGordon
28th Jul 2010, 11:16
Alan Wake.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 11:21
I seriously did not expect you to give me a person's name that also acts as an answer to my question ...

You did it again , Dog Man ...

You truly are the greatest of this universe ...

UhUh
28th Jul 2010, 13:16
I would've said Arkham Asylum.

BeardedHoplite
28th Jul 2010, 14:20
GTA IV and it's totally-worth-$20 expansions

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 02:54
I would've said Arkham Asylum.

Are you seriously asking for one of my wall of text complaint on Arkham Asylum ? ...

I can make you one no problem ...

GTA IV and it's totally-worth-$20 expansions

That was too obvious to be real , so it is not possible ...

Not in this mad world it doesn't ...

UhUh
29th Jul 2010, 06:52
Are you seriously asking for one of my wall of text complaint on Arkham Asylum ? ...

I can make you one no problem ...

That was too obvious to be real , so it is not possible ...

Not in this mad world it doesn't ...

Yeah go for it, here I'll give you a head start, it's better than GTA4 :rasp:

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 16:24
Yeah go for it, here I'll give you a head start, it's better than GTA4 :rasp:

I'll be doing it on the "annoying elements" topic ...
You'll see , i'll show you ...