PDA

View Full Version : I fear in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, you won't be able to...........

ixat
24th Jul 2010, 04:20
1) set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True

2) Kill every living thing in a level

3) play basketball

Pinky_Powers
24th Jul 2010, 04:42
1) set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True

2) Kill every living thing in a level

3) play basketball

He he. Well, they say you will be able to go crazy and fearfully rotten and just start killing everyone. There's likely to be some threshold to this evil... certain characters might be immortal as we saw in the original. But generally it's said to be like Deus Ex in the freedom and reach of your own personal cruelty.

As for cheat codes, I'm looking forward to playing without them finally. Now that weapon Aim isn't purposefully gimped at the onset.

And yes sir! I'm hoping for some basketball and back-alley billiard action as well. Those little things help in their small ways.

KSingh77
24th Jul 2010, 06:42
4)No pop star to kill

PizzaNo1
24th Jul 2010, 07:45
4)No pop star to kill

5. No omar to trade with.

6. No universal ammo, oh wait thats the good news? Or is it!? ;-)

Seriously thou: I was just thinking about the houses you could see in the video, how many of them can you explore?

In the first one you could explore the majority of them, if the map had any extra buildings.
Thou im sure you can explore most of them.

pringlepower
24th Jul 2010, 07:58
5. No omar to trade with.

6. No universal ammo, oh wait thats the good news? Or is it!? ;-)

Seriously thou: I was just thinking about the houses you could see in the video, how many of them can you explore?

In the first one you could explore the majority of them, if the map had any extra buildings.
Thou im sure you can explore most of them.

No you couldn't. You were limited to storyline-specific places. Breaking and entering is bad. Shame on you.

PizzaNo1
24th Jul 2010, 08:35
No you couldn't. You were limited to storyline-specific places. Breaking and entering is bad. Shame on you.

... Been a while since I played dx1, but couldn't you break and enter some of the houses in france?
Far from all maps had houses you could break into. but they did have many secret areas, but thats something completely different. Probably what I was thinking about the first place.
Btw I loved that freedom, being able to break and enter! *feels no shame*

pringlepower
24th Jul 2010, 08:46
... Been a while since I played dx1, but couldn't you break and enter some of the houses in france?
Far from all maps had houses you could break into. but they did have many secret areas, but thats something completely different. Probably what I was thinking about the first place.
Btw I loved that freedom, being able to break and enter! *feels no shame*

Oh yeah. Guess the French are more polite and don't mind creepy people who wear sunglasses at night busting into their house late at night while they discuss joining the NSF.

There are gonna be secret levels, or I'm pretty sure. The EM guys seem rather crafty and shifty. Never trust French-Canadians, they're always hiding something...

PizzaNo1
24th Jul 2010, 09:11
Oh yeah. Guess the French are more polite and don't mind creepy people who wear sunglasses at night busting into their house late at night while they discuss joining the NSF.

There are gonna be secret levels, or I'm pretty sure. The EM guys seem rather crafty and shifty. Never trust French-Canadians, they're always hiding something...

Well dont trust polite people, the stuff you honestly steal; 'blimey! stealing my stuff are you? Please, let me get the door for you!', but when you sit in your chopper makin your getaway, they will probably set of the hidden bomb in the tv-set!

And the 'proxy soliders'... I've heard are very polite, and if they are helpful, just run for your life!!
Yup! I gotz it figured!:scratch:

tartarus_sauce
24th Jul 2010, 09:56
7) Murder children by
a. Setting them on fire
b. Stabbing them in the head
c. Setting explosive traps for them
d. Shooting them in the head
e. Setting their parents on fire, then having the children come aflame on contact
f. Tasering them into unconsciousness, then throwing them into the ocean
g. Creating a situation where they get tagged by crossfire
h. Trapping them in a box fort where they will starve to death
i. Murdering their parents, thus assuring their inevitable descent into child prostitution, addiction, and suicide

Sotsiak
24th Jul 2010, 13:08
Guess what.

There will be DLCs.

PizzaNo1
24th Jul 2010, 13:41
Guess what.

There will be DLCs.

Drain lovely computer?

TrickyVein
24th Jul 2010, 14:04
7) Murder children by
a. Setting them on fire
b. Stabbing them in the head
c. Setting explosive traps for them
d. Shooting them in the head
e. Setting their parents on fire, then having the children come aflame on contact
f. Tasering them into unconsciousness, then throwing them into the ocean
g. Creating a situation where they get tagged by crossfire
h. Trapping them in a box fort where they will starve to death
i. Murdering their parents, thus assuring their inevitable descent into child prostitution, addiction, and suicide

You've been reading the Republican Party's political platform a bit too much recently.

Less see: In DX:HR, I fear I will not be able to kill people by jumping on them from way high up above their heads. It doesn't look possible to carry fresh corpses from level to level either.

In DX:HR I hope I can actually attach a silencer to my pistol.

PizzaNo1
24th Jul 2010, 14:17
You've been reading the Republican Party's political platform a bit too much recently.

You made me roflol!

Less see: In DX:HR, I fear I will not be able to kill people by jumping on them from way high up above their heads. It doesn't look possible to carry fresh corpses from level to level either.
Well it aint no dang platformer!
Thou being able to take your lunch with you would be nice.

In DX:HR I hope I can actually attach a silencer to my pistol.
Yea, that would be cool!
Or why not a screamcer! To make the gun sound loudest!
:nut:

Blade_hunter
24th Jul 2010, 15:28
I won't be able to:
Use melee (backstab with a baton and smash people with crowbars or something else) and melee weapons
Smashing crates and other things
Switch between ammunition for a weapon.
Pick locks
Climb over a LAM
Unable to make a Mario stomp
Staying in First Person during the action, infiltration and even exploration phases.
Select your health method
Swim
Shoot the enemy's hand to make it drop his weapon
Loose my legs
Avoid bosses and the fightings that comes with it
Killing kids (this one sounds to be the case by their non presence)
Putting the end into a conversation between two NPCs
Play mods
The Porrice !

@TrickyVein, you can attach silencers in the DX HR's weapons at least the AR, SR and HG have a silencer and maybe the SMG, but I don't think we can attach a scope in an handgun, at least most scoped weapons sounds to have it already.

pringlepower
24th Jul 2010, 19:39
I won't be able to:
Use melee (backstab with a baton and smash people with crowbars or something else) and melee weapons
Pick locks
Climb over a LAM
Staying in First Person during the action, infiltration and even exploration phases.
Swim
Loose my legs
Play mods
The Porrice !

@TrickyVein, you can attach silencers in the DX HR's weapons at least the AR, SR and HG have a silencer and maybe the SMG, but I don't think we can attach a scope in an handgun, at least most scoped weapons sounds to have it already.

You can scope the pistol.

And swimming doesn't make the game instantly good. If the story takes him somewhere he can swim, that's alright. But if an arbitrary koi pond is put in Sarif Industries that drains into an ammo dump. No. Just no.

Who says you can't smash crates. You can stack crates DX style.

K^2
24th Jul 2010, 19:53
backstab with a baton
o_0

You really hate your enemies, don't you?

Blade_hunter
24th Jul 2010, 20:43
You can scope the pistol.

Give me the proof then.

It's simple there no melee weapons and melee at all and stacking crates isn't in my list.

As for swimming and modding they are just guesses but not everything in my list is the truth which I don't pretend that everything is, even if most of it is the truth (don't forget the title of the thread) I didn't told that everything was.

pringlepower
24th Jul 2010, 21:16
Give me the proof then.

It's simple there no melee weapons and melee at all and stacking crates isn't in my list.

As for swimming and modding they are just guesses but not everything in my list is the truth which I don't pretend that everything is, even if most of it is the truth (don't forget the title of the thread) I didn't told that everything was.

Oh I misread it, I thought you meant in DX 1.

Well there's no confirmation on no pistol scope either.

Also no confirmation on no melee weapons. And you could shoot the crates.

Blade_hunter
24th Jul 2010, 21:28
There is at least clues about that non possibility of scoping the pistol ... I have two elements that makes me thinking about that

As for melee weapons and melee there is confirmation of their non existence; they have been replaced with takedowns.

Pinky_Powers
24th Jul 2010, 22:17
I won't be able to:
Climb over a LAM
Swim
Play mods
The Porrice !

All of the above could be in the game. Some of them ARE in the game. The rest are unconfirmed either way.

I know, this list was just about your fears. But I thought I'd clarify for those who read it and draw importantly wrong conclusions.

biofuel
24th Jul 2010, 22:56
........Play a game even remotely as good as the first?

Blade_hunter
24th Jul 2010, 22:58
No, except Killing kids, swimming, modding which there are strong chances to not be there.
The porrice was just a joke referring Maggie show saying it so it doesn't count, that's even why I wrote PORRICE instead of Police.
So there is one thing that is there but I posted it for a specific reason, the fact I can end a convo between two people, but in DX 1 I can do this everytime I want, not in DX 3 some of them are cutscenes that's the why.

Pinky_Powers
24th Jul 2010, 23:24
No, except Killing kids, swimming, modding which there are strong chances to not be there.
The porrice was just a joke referring Maggie show saying it so it doesn't count, that's even why I wrote PORRICE instead of Police.
So there is one thing that is there but I posted it for a specific reason, the fact I can end a convo between two people, but in DX 1 I can do this everytime I want, not in DX 3 some of them are cutscenes that's the why.

Ah, when I read that, my mind went to the eavesdropping Adam did in The Hive. And I suppose you would have no trouble interrupting that if you wanted. But yeah, I guess cut scenes are a different beast. Though not so different from certain scenes found in DX.

I'm having a hard time understanding you, though. Are you saying that you know there won't be any kids or accessible water?

I do agree that Modding probably won't be possible. But there's always a chance.

Ashpolt
24th Jul 2010, 23:53
Haven't they already confirmed that swimming is out, or am I imagining that?

Blade_hunter
25th Jul 2010, 00:50
There is a chance for killing kids swimming and modding to be there but very low, that's why I supposed low
I'm not saying I'm knowing the non availability of those things but there is clues that sounds to gave me that feeling.
But most of the things I mentioned before in my list won't be available
Except the interrupting people thing even if we can't do that when we want :(

For swimming that's by looking some details, we have sewers, so obviously there is accessible water, but there is a sea part who just sounds to be a decoration and is inaccessible (IW like) and finally for the sewer, they will make the water so low that you can just walk on it sew on screenshots.
@Ash, I don't have any confirmation of this actually at least I don't found any article even suggesting it.

For the kids I think that's a censor reason, the developers (producers & co) said we can kill everyone in a level, since killing kids sounds to be out for censor reasons, how can we make people able to kill everyone and not killing kids ? I think the solution is simple, just not put them, this sounds ridiculous but look at GTA there is no kids and people aren't frustrated because they doesn't find an invulnerable NPC that break the fun ...
Normally if there is kids, you can kill them since you can transform a living town in a ghost town ...

For the modding there is a lot of things that talks about DLCs and I don't talk about this forum I talk about external sources.

ArcR
25th Jul 2010, 01:08
o_0

Either that or he really likes them. ;)

On topic: not much fear in this corner. Some stuff looks good, some doesn't. They haven't told us if lockpicking is in so my fingers are crossed. There are still items on the hope roster. I hope that DX:HR is an engaging experience, inwhich you find yourself in ambigous circumstances. I'm led to believe this is true with the trailer quote "I don't even know who's side I'm on". I hope that the game is challenging and doesn't spell out all the solutions. I hope we get a good dose of wry humor and stimulating banter.

That is all for now.

pringlepower
25th Jul 2010, 01:09
There is a chance for killing kids swimming and modding to be there but very low, that's why I supposed low
I'm not saying I'm knowing the non availability of those things but there is clues that sounds to gave me that feeling.
But most of the things I mentioned before in my list won't be available
Except the interrupting people thing even if we can't do that when we want :(

For swimming that's by looking some details, we have sewers, so obviously there is accessible water, but there is a sea part who just sounds to be a decoration and is inaccessible (IW like) and finally for the sewer, they will make the water so low that you can just walk on it sew on screenshots.
@Ash, I don't have any confirmation of this actually at least I don't found any article even suggesting it.

For the kids I think that's a censor reason, the developers (producers & co) said we can kill everyone in a level, since killing kids sounds to be out for censor reasons, how can we make people able to kill everyone and not killing kids ? I think the solution is simple, just not put them, this sounds ridiculous but look at GTA there is no kids and people aren't frustrated because they doesn't find an invulnerable NPC that break the fun ...
Normally if there is kids, you can kill them since you can transform a living town in a ghost town ...

For the modding there is a lot of things that talks about DLCs and I don't talk about this forum I talk about external sources.

Oh low water... you mean like... an actual sewer? Unless there's a storm or something you really shouldn't be swimming in the sewers. And in that case you might get hit in the face by a rapidly moving tree branch.

Not sure I get what you're saying. No kids is fine because they did it well in GTA IV? Anyways the fact that GTA IV, which has full-frontal nudity and lets your character get oral sex shies away from killing kids (in addition to you know, the bam bam bam ratta ratta boom), kinda shows how serious that issue is.

K^2
25th Jul 2010, 02:29
Either that or he really likes them. ;)
I hate you. I'll never get that mental image out of my head.

TrickyVein
25th Jul 2010, 02:44
^^ Ohhhhhh...I just got that.

Yikes.

Blade_hunter
25th Jul 2010, 03:22
Well I don't said you have to swim in a sewer right ? But there is accessible water so I responded that there is because of sewers which is true, no ?
But swimming in plain water sounds to be out of the picture actually...

As for the GTA example I mentioned it because that's a game with amoral content and none of the GTAs have children (at least the ones I know) and If I remember in Fallout 3 the kids aren't killable and the previous fallout 1 & 2 have them killable, you can try to turn that being ridiculous, but how much games features killing children in comparison with the ones who features sex ?

At least those things as well as modding are supposed

but to tell what is confirmed about what can't do.

Pick locks
Climb over a LAM
Loose my legs

There is no lockpicking in this game it was announced.
The developers said they want to make the hacking more prevalent...

FrankCSIS
25th Jul 2010, 04:22
I'm curious about the non-lockpick issue. It kind of leaves three strange possibilities. Either all locks are electronic, no other doors are locked except those rigged to electronic devices, or there are doors which we simply won't be able to open.

I was told when A, B and C are unsatisfactory, there is necessarily a D. Is there a more sensible option I haven't thought of yet?

I know it's nitpicking at this point, but it is eyebrow-rising worthy.

Pinky_Powers
25th Jul 2010, 05:42
but to tell what is confirmed about what can't do.

Pick locks
Climb over a LAM
Loose my legs

What is this "Climb over a LAM" thing? And how do you know it's not in HR?

Where have you leaned that falling atop someone won't kill them?

I know that Jensen won't have limb damage, and that does suck, but are we really sure that enemies don't? Far Cry 2 didn't have location-specific damage for the player, but all the enemies had very realistic reactions to getting shot in different areas. And I think FEAR 3 is also like that.

K^2
25th Jul 2010, 06:25
If you put a LAM on the wall, and disable it, but not pick it up, you can use it as a step, allowing you to plant another LAM on the wall higher up. You can get pretty high this way. Don't forget to collect your LAMs on the way back.

ixat
25th Jul 2010, 07:18
If you put a LAM on the wall, and disable it, but not pick it up, you can use it as a step, allowing you to plant another LAM on the wall higher up. You can get pretty high this way. Don't forget to collect your LAMs on the way back.

And I thought I had done everything there is to do at least twice.

Romeo
25th Jul 2010, 07:19
How did anyone avoid the bosses in DX?

Fluffis
25th Jul 2010, 08:22
How did anyone avoid the bosses in DX?

Run.

Avoiding "Anna's last stand" is actually an exploit, but the others are quite possible by just running.

PizzaNo1
25th Jul 2010, 08:47
Run.

Avoiding "Anna's last stand" is actually an exploit, but the others are quite possible by just running.

I'm pretty sure you have to fight and kill gunther,if you dont the hologram wont speak to you.

Fluffis
25th Jul 2010, 08:57
I'm pretty sure you have to fight and kill gunther,if you dont the hologram wont speak to you.

I guess I could be wrong. I don't have a save close to there, so I can't check in a hurry.

But anyway, I suppose you can also see the Killphrases as avoiding Anna and Günther, since you don't actively have to fight them.

atLaNt1s
25th Jul 2010, 09:13
I guess I could be wrong. I don't have a save close to there, so I can't check in a hurry.

But anyway, I suppose you can also see the Killphrases as avoiding Anna and Günther, since you don't actively have to fight them.

Yea, but i think i would like to see a dx:hr complete pacifist run-through, which already isnt happening.

PizzaNo1
25th Jul 2010, 09:37
Yea, but i think i would like to see a dx:hr complete pacifist run-through, which already isnt happening.

That would be great! And you would get the highest possible xp/money reward for it, thou characters like gunther and/or anna, wouldn't like you at all.

Maybe an adventurous/intrepid modder will make us a mod for it?

Fluffis
25th Jul 2010, 09:45
That would be great! And you would get the highest possible xp/money reward for it, thou characters like gunther and/or anna, wouldn't like you at all.

Maybe an adventurous/intrepid modder will make us a mod for it?

Intrepid modder?

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/11069-2000-Dodge-Intrepid.jpg

(Sorry, Romeo. Couldn't help myself. :D )

IOOI
25th Jul 2010, 16:29

LoL. AJ will be doing takedowns on crates with a repetition of the action from three points of view in order to give it a more cinematic effect. :D

AJ Smash, Puny Crate!!! *Enraged Eyes*

Fluffis
25th Jul 2010, 16:41
LoL. AJ will be doing takedowns on crates with a repetition of the action from three points of view in order to give it a more cinematic effect. :D

AJ Smash, Puny Crate!!! *Enraged Eyes*

Oh, god... the mental image. http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/misc/hairrise.gif

http://ui22.gamespot.com/437/anime_4.gif

This... for one crate. :D

IOOI
25th Jul 2010, 17:45
^ Exploitable...

http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/03/7_01.jpg (http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/03/7_01.jpg)
http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx3/cgi2t.jpg (http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx3/cgi2.jpg)
http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx3/tkt.jpg (http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx3/tk.png)
http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx3/tlt.jpg (http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx3/tl.png)

... and add a crate image.

:whistle:

Ninjerk
25th Jul 2010, 20:22
o_0

Ew...

pringlepower
25th Jul 2010, 21:25

A pacifist who causes their enemies to explode painfully due to spoken word? JC is never a pacifist. He can be a coward, sure.

Fluffis
25th Jul 2010, 22:36
A pacifist who causes their enemies to explode painfully due to spoken word? JC is never a pacifist. He can be a coward, sure.

Well to be fair, I don't think the current tenets of pacifism cover the use of a kill-phrase. It's sort of a grey area, since you're not, in fact, engaging in physical conflict. You - literally - use your words to stop a conflict. Yes, it's splitting hairs, I know.

There are also pacifists who support physical violence as a response in emergency defence of yourself and, more importantly, of others. I'd say a seven foot, insane cyborg with a flame thrower qualifies as an emergency. :)

Shralla
25th Jul 2010, 23:39
As for cheat codes, I'm looking forward to playing without them finally. Now that weapon Aim isn't purposefully gimped at the onset.

You cheated because you couldn't deal with aim wobble?

Ashpolt
26th Jul 2010, 09:24
http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx3/tlt.jpg (http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx3/tl.png)

... and add a crate image.

That bottom one is a crate image: it's how Barrett opens crates in the absence of any melee weapons, he just throws people into them. The scene cut away then in the trailer, but what actually happened next was that he moved Adam out of the way and picked up a soy bar, some pistol ammo and a clip size upgrade.

Pinky_Powers
26th Jul 2010, 09:46
You cheated because you couldn't deal with aim wobble?

I cheated because I didn't want to deal with aim wobble.

mad_red
26th Jul 2010, 10:57
I hate you. I'll never get that mental image out of my head.

Hehe, reminds of me of something: meet AJ's new fighting style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA2J0H12prQ&feature=related#t=5m33s)

JackShandy
26th Jul 2010, 12:39

...You (http://village.crashbandicoot.com/splash/) really (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_%28video_game%29) want (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_%28video_game%29) to (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html) smash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4) crates? (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=every+game+ever&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=)

Gotta say, that was one of the places where Deus Ex didn't blow me away with it's innovation.

PizzaNo1
26th Jul 2010, 13:49
Intrepid modder?

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/11069-2000-Dodge-Intrepid.jpg

(Sorry, Romeo. Couldn't help myself. :D )

With a flame-thrower I'll 'mod' that car real good for ya'. And I wont charge ya'!:D

FrontierFighter
2nd Aug 2010, 07:58
Can you play as a female character in Deus Ex: Human Revolution? I have a strong feeling it's a no, but I just want to know for sure.

user-9
2nd Aug 2010, 08:43
4) Mantle
5) Disable the 3rd person elements
6) Use cheats... "iamwarren" was awesome - I am D'Astous could be better ;)

Irate_Iguana
2nd Aug 2010, 08:50
Can you play as a female character in Deus Ex: Human Revolution? I have a strong feeling it's a no, but I just want to know for sure.

It's a no. You can only play as Adam.