PDA

View Full Version : Need help.

SlashPrower
22nd Jul 2010, 14:38
THIS IS IMPORTANT-

http://wwcollision.proboards.com/index.cgi

Ever since Carol left, most people have left with her. This wouldn't normally be a problem for me, except for that fact that I run a post-to-play RP on this site for post-to-play RPs, and while most of the remainders are members of mine, they don't post very often and I'm down to about 3 people who regularly post.

So, I need people who are willing to do this kind of stuff and bring the site back up. There are some more RPs on the site if you want to check them out, but the only one that's not dead is the Avatar RP. The Kingdom Hearts and Marvel RPs are all dead, and 313 is dead, too. Zu's got a new RP in the works, though, called Pretense.

You can find Pretense here: http://wwcollision.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=testing&action=display&thread=1099

You can find mine (called Fragile Alliance, lol) here: http://wwcollision.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=hydratest

The application thread is at the bottom of the page. However, you have to be a member to see FA >__> Basically what FA is is an RP where a bunch of superpowered mercenaries kill people and do generally bad stuff at their bosses' orders.

Anyone can join.

Also, please ignore the cbox on the bottom of the page where I say that Brackstone is the only one from this board worth trying to get >_______>

Brackstone17
22nd Jul 2010, 14:53
Ok, I might be in. One important question though, what is this all about? I don't exactly understand. I'm hopped up on drugs for getting my wisdom teeth out, so I'm a wee bit slow in the head at the moment.

SlashPrower
22nd Jul 2010, 15:07
What is what about? The site, the RP, or why I'm asking?

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 15:12
What ? you mean this ? ...

22 Jul 10, 11:06 AM
Slash: MAYBE
22 Jul 10, 11:06 AM
Slash: GOT BRACKSTONE
22 Jul 10, 11:01 AM
Slash: only ellipses
22 Jul 10, 11:01 AM
Slash: I don't think I've ever seen him use a period at the end of a sentence
22 Jul 10, 10:45 AM
Zen: Anymore than three dots side-by-side fills me with RAGE
22 Jul 10, 10:30 AM
Slash: that man uses ellipses like there's no tomorrow
22 Jul 10, 10:29 AM
Slash: if Grievous came here no one would understand his posts
22 Jul 10, 10:29 AM
Slash: the only one worth trying to get is Brackstone anyway
22 Jul 10, 10:28 AM
Slash: but really, I don't think we'd get anyone
22 Jul 10, 10:28 AM
Slash: maybe i'll try the kane and lynch boards

Lol , anywya ...

What is it ALL About , exactly ...
Do we have to draw pictures or ... no seriously i'm confused ...

Brackstone17
22nd Jul 2010, 15:12
I get why you are asking, somebody left and took a bunch of people with them Lochlan and Mornay style. Just what is the site about and what is this RP thing?

UhUh
22nd Jul 2010, 15:28
and what's the deal with the tackyness?

MxOAgentJohnson
22nd Jul 2010, 15:31
-goes into my documents and opens up the spam script-

:)

SlashPrower
22nd Jul 2010, 16:34
Ah, explaining time.

The site is a host of several play by post games, which you can find a good description of here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlayByPostGames

Here, let me explain how you would get on one around our boards.

You'd go to the application thread in an RP and copy the information. Then you'd make your own thread with the title being your character's name, paste the information, and fill it in.

You don't have to draw pictures, many people just go on Google and find other people's drawings to use.

Then, you'd wait for the owner of the RP to accept you and you could go into the RP.

If you have any more questions just go into the site's cbox and ask, you don't have to be a member to use that.

And Grievous, I'm warning you- if you can't use proper grammar and spelling, and use periods instead of ellipses, your posts will be hard for people to read and Zu might strangle you in a back alley.

And MxO, we're very good at blocking spammers on the site and in the cbox. >__>

Also, UhUh, I didn't design the site, if I did it would look way cooler <___<

ohitspatty
22nd Jul 2010, 18:15
Smells like Scientology...

SlashPrower
22nd Jul 2010, 18:20
Nobody asked for your opinion <__<

ohitspatty
22nd Jul 2010, 18:29
...oh snap <__<

BeardedHoplite
22nd Jul 2010, 18:48
Wait, so if I am not mistaken that is a forum roleplay?

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 19:00
Proper grammar and spelling ? ...
You're telling Me to use proper grammar and spelling ? ...

And you're also saying that a RP forum cares about that ? ...
Well this makes no sense , madness has its limits ...

So send your warning back to yourself , or Zu , whatever the hell that is , sure it ain't a piece of paper we all stepped on in the street ? ...

SlashPrower
22nd Jul 2010, 20:43
Stop insulting Zu, Grievous, it was a joke. We'd be perfectly fine with you coming on. And yeah, we're serious about that, most of us are from the IGN boards and we've seen the ****storm that occurs when there aren't any rules...

And Hoplite, yes.

God, can someone show up in the cbox? I have no one to talk to.

SlashPrower
22nd Jul 2010, 20:58
Lol, someone showed up.

ohitspatty
22nd Jul 2010, 21:04
Seriously...it's like a cult.

SlashPrower
22nd Jul 2010, 21:05
A cult of nerds.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 21:08
I'm not insulating anybody , i'm just scarred ****less , seriously , Zu ? Zen ? Slash ? then what , Grievous ? ...

I'm hiding behind Oh **** at the moment ...

ohitspatty
22nd Jul 2010, 21:11
General Slash Prower?:lol:

But well good luck, I'm still trying to de-code your explanation so it makes sense to me. I need Robert Langdon...

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 21:40
Buzz Lightyear took away his whiskey , Langdon proceeded to jump off a bridge , AND DIE ...

ohitspatty
22nd Jul 2010, 22:00
Nah not in my fan fiction.

SlashPrower
22nd Jul 2010, 23:32
Here, this thread explains the entire thing perfectly: http://wwcollision.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=lalaland&action=display&thread=612

Is no one besides Brackstone going to try? Even Uhuh showed up and talked on the cbox for a couple of minutes.

God, finding new people is so hard :mad2:

ohitspatty
22nd Jul 2010, 23:52
Good luck.
It's not that I don't want to do it. With English as second language the whole RP idea is too time consuming. The proper grammar and word choice are not my best friends.

Besides with Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles, Kingdom of Hearts, and Avatar choices it's defiantly not in everyone's taste. Marvel/X-Men is pretty cool but I was always Batman guy.

Anyway, like I said good luck, I'm sure there will be a lot of people interested in it.

SlashPrower
22nd Jul 2010, 23:56
All of those are dead. I'm trying to get one of the mods to update the site >___> I'll bug him until he either does something or gives a couple of the more regular users mod privileges. Personally, I'd like to be a mod, since I've been running the only really active RP on the site <___<

The ones that are active now are Pretense and Fragile Alliance, which aren't based off of anything. I already explained Fragile Alliance, and Pretense is basically the last remnants of humanity being forced to fight each other as gladiators for the chance of a better life.

Brackstone17
23rd Jul 2010, 01:10
Well, I'll try almost anything twice, so count me in. Don't expect me to be properly involved for a few days though, lots of heavy stuff seems to be going down all at once for me, but I promise I will try it as soon as I can.

EDIT: I can drop by for the little chat box thing sporadically for the next few days if that helps too. As I said though, sporadically.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 01:50
With English as second language

Wait WHAT ? ...

Personally, I'd like to be a mod, since I've been running the only really active RP on the site <___<

NO , i'm serious no , hey look at me , i read every post in this forum , all seventeen thousand of them , and we can also pretty much agree that one forth of them is signed by me , that said , i'll never wish to be a moderator ...

Because moderators are not allowed to talk as much as we , or even be as expressive as we , you know that , you saw it ...

Plus , if you get into a argument , lord helps you because they're going to rip that moderator badge off your shirt ...

SlashPrower
5th Aug 2010, 00:29
Now that my RP is up, I actually got to design a small part of the site.

You can see it here: http://wwcollision.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=313alliance

The song that plays in the sign-up thread is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qFX4Aedzmo

And the song that plays in the actual board is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJCvW1vpeqk