PDA

View Full Version : Criticism

Silen7in
19th Jul 2010, 19:23
Hello i was playing the early access demo and wrote down some improvements which i think should at least be considered. I am currently studying in Games Development in the UK.

In the Multiplayer Online mode of Fragile Alliance - if someone on your team starts shooting at you (currently) they will not get marked as a traitor so shooting them back/killing them only marks you as a traitor. They only get marked if they kill or use you as a human shield. Ergo if they shoot you, you have 2 options shoot back and try to kill them first and potentially be a traitor or alternatively die. Which seems unfair.
Remedy - if the character does a substantial amount of damage he will be marked a 'Traitor'

Random censorship - on both online and offline story levels i played 2 people had randomly censored faces when dead. - Is this due to licensing ? Looks odd

Hit markers - with the film grain, artistic style of the game the 'x' hit markers looks very odd.

Physics - So far i have not seen a car explode, and when people get shot they do not react slightly, it is all very frigid - almost statue-like.

Blood - When your character gets shot for example Lynch, he doesn't have any blood come out on his shirt. Also, furthermore the enemies/teammates don't bleed (apart from blood effect on screen)

Sound effects - the wind is a cool sound effect whilst running, however when you are inside I am sure that you will not hear it..

Most of these problems you can do in the form of firmware updates but i thought all feedback should be welcomed :)

MxOAgentJohnson
19th Jul 2010, 19:35
It would be more welcome'd if some of the things you said wasnt stupid imo,

I honestly dont think you are studying in the course you said because you lack basic knowledge about a lot of stuff .

Unpaid Intern
19th Jul 2010, 20:10
I won't address all the points but here's a start:

1) Ever watch the mythbusters episode where they try to make a car explode with gunfire?

2) try sprinting indoors while recording the event with an audio or video recorder (without a mic wind shield on) and tell us how that goes :)

ohitspatty
19th Jul 2010, 20:11
:whistle:
:eek:
:scratch:
:nut:

:lol:

TAPETRVE
19th Jul 2010, 20:24
Random censorship - on both online and offline story levels i played 2 people had randomly censored faces when dead. - Is this due to licensing ? Looks odd

Have you ever read anything about this game? A single article? If you did, you would know that large-caliber headshots get "censored" with a mosaic filter effect.

Physics - So far i have not seen a car explode, and when people get shot they do not react slightly, it is all very frigid - almost statue-like.

People always fall for this, one of the stupidest movie and video game clich├ęs ever. Mark my words: Cars don't explode. Not even when you blow a hole in the tank and throw a lighter into the leaking fuel. Also, while I agree that ragdoll physics are still a bit wonky, bullets do not throw you around.

Vulture
19th Jul 2010, 20:27
to be honest when you said you were studying game development i was excepting some mature,technical critisim about the game but sorry mate your complains are very childish

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jul 2010, 20:39
I wouldn't go as far as to call all his criticism 'childish' , even though it wasn't exactly the 'professionalism' we might expect ...

However ...

:whistle:
:eek:
:scratch:
:nut:

:lol:

This is about it ...

2Rare2Die
19th Jul 2010, 21:51
Sounds like u dont belong in this forum or should even go near this game based on ur complains lol at hit marker, and headshots

joe the janitor
20th Jul 2010, 00:25
I got to agree with pretty much everyone here. Well you know, other then Silen7in.
You really don't seem to know what your are talking about, and your complaints seem to be a bit too personal. For example "Lynch's hair should be more blond".

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jul 2010, 01:46
Or Lynch doesn't look half-asian enough ...

BeardedHoplite
20th Jul 2010, 01:52
Or Lynch doesn't look half-asian enough ...

Or Kane is too old and fat
EDIT: and ugly

petersjov
20th Jul 2010, 16:56
why make a new tread ?, just use the "demo" tread instead" - but hopefully we are getting alot of new members, when the demo goes public ;-)

ohitspatty
20th Jul 2010, 19:40
One little criticism I have is the fact that you cannot enable the steady cam option during a multiplayer match. Don't get me wrong the shaking camera is very good in Single Player but in multiplayer you're always on the move and have to keep your wits about you and sometimes the camera can get quite crazy. Apart from that everything's very good.

I'm pretty sure once you turn it off in the main menu it is off for all modes. I tried it before but it takes away from "the magic", you know.

Vulture
20th Jul 2010, 21:01
One little criticism I have is the fact that you cannot enable the steady cam option during a multiplayer match. Don't get me wrong the shaking camera is very good in Single Player but in multiplayer you're always on the move and have to keep your wits about you and sometimes the camera can get quite crazy. Apart from that everything's very good.

you can go to options while in an mp match and enable steady cam

joe the janitor
21st Jul 2010, 19:56
*wearing trench coat, and lights cigarette* "Seen it a million times, forum suicide. Well, no use letting it stink up the place."

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 01:49
Well don't look at me like that , you're the janitor ! you clean this place up ! ...

joe the janitor
23rd Jul 2010, 03:18
WOW, that is offensive! I am a Building Superintendent. I clean common use areas, trash removal, minor electrical repair, plumbing, minor heating ventilation and air conditioning repair, grounds keeping, painting, and carpentry. There is more then one type of janitor. But it's ok champ, I'll let this one slide...

Fratricide
28th Jul 2010, 08:11
Holy **** man the fan boys really lit your ass up on this one.

I'll agree with most of your points because even though the game is fun it has A LOT of flaws.

Random censorship - Someones explanation of this was something about large caliber rifle shots to the head create the mosaic effect... I shot someone in the stomach with a shotgun and got it. So it's pretty random.

Hit markers - Totally agree. That was one of the first things I noticed was how cheesy the hitmarkers are on such a good looking game.

Physics - I agree with what your saying. Apparently everyone else though they were playing Tom Clancy's Kayne and Lynch. The multiplayer tips clearly state that police blowing up the escape vehicle is a game mechanic but it is impossible to blow up a vehicle even with 4 cops on full auto hosing it down. No one cares that cars cant blow up from bullets in real life. That's why were playing Kayne and Lynch 2 where the multiplayer tips tell you that your supposed to.

Blood - Agreed. I don't just agree with the blood. I think all the characters in multiplayer look stupid. The cops bumble around like retards running into walls and facing the wrong way. Dogs apparently have speed hacks and teleport across the parking lot causing all the criminals to freak out and spray and pray usually hitting each other and causing friendly fire.

There are a lot of problems with multiplayer that I can see ruining the game for PC players.

Fix the multiplayer police AI. Fix the random CDT for windows 7. Fix the hotmic mouth breathers.

This game has the potential to be amazing...

ohitspatty
28th Jul 2010, 08:55
Kane*

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 09:41
Kane*

Who ? ...

ohitspatty
28th Jul 2010, 17:33
Or is it Kayne these days?

JackGordon
28th Jul 2010, 18:36
Or is it Kayne these days?
"Yo, I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish but it's Kane.":lol:

UhUh
28th Jul 2010, 18:52
You know I would've already made a 'shoop of Kayne&Lynch(with mr.Foxx ofcourse), but it's actually Kanye West...can't even misspell right :(

JackGordon
28th Jul 2010, 18:55
can't even misspell right :(
Rofl.

ohitspatty
28th Jul 2010, 21:16
"yo, i'm really happy for you and i'ma let you finish but it's kane.":lol:

lmao