PDA

View Full Version : Eidos lucky star.

UhUh
18th Jul 2010, 10:03
Seems like these are Eidos good years, after the success of Arkham Asylum, went on to publish Just Cause 2, another success and now it's about to release DogDays and The Guardian of Light; and while we all agree in the awesomeness of K&L, the new downloadable LaraCroft is a nice surprise for me.

The future looks even brighter: DeusEx has already made an impression as a worthy successor of the original, a Batman sequel who will hardly dissappoint and an incoming Thief 4 that is still waiting in the shadows (watch out for your wallet); maybe even an hitman we know may pay a visit in the future.

Anyway it seems like the studios published by Eidos right now cannot fail (Rocksteady, Crystal Dynamics, Io Interactive, Avalanche Studios), and the partnership with SquereEnix is working (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4049/a_meaningful_collaboration_the_.php) fine (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4281/the_art_of_technical_.php), finally putting Eidos back in the zone with some big titles.

Anybody else suprised by this? did you expect this titles to turn up like this? exited about the future titles? What's on your radar next?

Bevacur
18th Jul 2010, 13:05
What's on my radar next?

I think Batman Arkham Asylum 2 won't get as good reviews as the first, i don't know why.

Dog Day's is going to be awesome.
Deus Ex is going to be awesome aswell.
Not really interested in Lara Croft, but i guess that will get a decent score.

I won't say Dog Day's as that is obvious but:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Red Faction Armageddon
Dead Space 2
Dead Rising 2
Silent Hill 8
Fable 3
Crysis 2
Gears of War 3
Dragon Age 2
X-COM
Dead Island (anyone know what happened to that game??)

Brackstone17
18th Jul 2010, 15:10
Currently on my radar are:

Kane and Lynch 2
Halo: Reach
Gears of War 3
Spec Ops: The Line (despite Nolan North)
Kingdom Under Fire 2
Silent Hill 8
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

BeardedHoplite
18th Jul 2010, 15:19
I'm actually suprised SE didn't interfere with Eidos' games more.
My current watchlist is:

Dog Days
Fallout: New Vegas
Red Dead Redemption DLC
A World for Keflings
Fable III
Elder Scrolls V
Far Cry 3 (I heard it was going to be during the Yugoslav wars)

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jul 2010, 02:07
Right , i'm getting confused , what is this topic about ? ...

is it about Eidos ? and how excited we are for their future projects ? or the game industry in general ? ...

Oh and by the way , i thought Warner Bros 'bought' the rights for the sequel for Rocksteady's Batman , meaning Eidos wouldn't have anything to do with it next time ...

UhUh
19th Jul 2010, 08:37
Right , i'm getting confused , what is this topic about ? ...

is it about Eidos ? and how excited we are for their future projects ? or the game industry in general ? ...

Oh and by the way , i thought Warner Bros 'bought' the rights for the sequel for Rocksteady's Batman , meaning Eidos wouldn't have anything to do with it next time ...

Yeah, I don't know...this thread doesn't have a topic, so you can't derail it!

Didn't know about that, but...eidos owns part of Rocksteady, how that works?

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jul 2010, 18:59
Didn't know about that, but...eidos owns part of Rocksteady, how that works?

It reminds of IO Interactive and Freedom Fighters ...
IO made the game with EA as the publisher despite already made two games for Eidos , after that game Eidos then bought IO completely ...
Rocksteady made two games as of today , both also with Eidos as its publisher , but it remains a independent company so they can work with whoever that forks out the money , that's until Eidos buy the entire Rocksteady studio ...

In any case , this is the second time Eidos gets 'used' , so to say ...
Remember Lego Star Wars ? Eidos published it , see not even Lucas Art thought the game will work , it then became one of the fastest selling Star Wars game , Lucas Art then took Traveller Tales under their wings for all following sequels , and Traveller Tales themselves never did a 'different' kind of Lego game anymore ...
Same thing for Arkham Asylum , you all heard the stories of how no one thought the game will work , Eidos once again has faith for the game , publishes it , the game becomes a huge sucess , Warner Bros decides to take it under their wing completely (they did Co-published the first Arkham , but Eidos forked out the most money) ...

Kent-45
20th Jul 2010, 00:42
Let's also not forget the absolute gaming atrocity known as "Daikatana"

And before you jump my ****, yes... I know Eidos didn't develop Daikatana but they were in part responsible for this horrific creation being unleashed onto mankind.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jul 2010, 01:57
Well Eidos also unleashed all the adventures of Lara Croft , for better or worst ...

And forgot to revive the Total Overdose franchise ...
(never played it , but i think it was the kind of game that could have been great with a little bit more of polish and so forth) ...

PS : what the hell is "jump my ****" suppose to mean ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 02:49
Right , turning this topic into our list for Santa Clause then ... or Watchlist , with my quality insightful comments ...

Dog Days (ever heard of it before ?) ...
Mafia II (though the game still looks 'empty' to me) ...
Shattered Dimensions (finally , a Spider-Man game on my PS3 ! didn't bought Web of Shadows , mainly because it has no trophies , sad face) ...
Lords of Shadow (i still don't know what the hell this game is suppose to be) ...
Hong Kong (then again , nah , True Crime games always sucked) ...
Dead Rising 2 (gold trophies for playing the game forty seven hours straight !) ...
Odyssey to the West (never bought Heavenly Sword either , didn't have trophies) ...
Medal of Honor (the return of the giant ! could be a fail though) ...
New Vegas (then again no , i'm waiting for the game of the year edition) ...
The Force Unleashed II (maybe wait t'ill next year when it's cheaper) ...
Black Ops (i'm a fan of Treyarch ... enough said) ...
Quantum Theory (if that's the closest PS3 owners can have of Gears of War , so be it) ...
Brotherhood (better have no glitches with trophies anymore !) ...
The Clone Wars (it's Lego man , bow down to it) ...
Homefront (this game was announced for years lol) ...
The Last Guardian (it's bound to have some easy trophies) ...
Postal III (wait for next year when it's cheaper) ...
Primal Carnage (human versus dinosaurs , why not) ...
Splatterhouse (when it's cheaper) ...
Aragorn's Quest (best game ever , instant buy) ...

UhUh
22nd Jul 2010, 07:38
Why don't you just say all of them?

ohitspatty
22nd Jul 2010, 08:16
Right , turning this topic into our list for Santa Clause then ... or Watchlist , with my quality insightful comments ...

Dog Days (ever heard of it before ?) ...
Mafia II (though the game still looks 'empty' to me) ...
Shattered Dimensions (finally , a Spider-Man game on my PS3 ! didn't bought Web of Shadows , mainly because it has no trophies , sad face) ...
Lords of Shadow (i still don't know what the hell this game is suppose to be) ...
Hong Kong (then again , nah , True Crime games always sucked) ...
Dead Rising 2 (gold trophies for playing the game forty seven hours straight !) ...
Odyssey to the West (never bought Heavenly Sword either , didn't have trophies) ...
Medal of Honor (the return of the giant ! could be a fail though) ...
New Vegas (then again no , i'm waiting for the game of the year edition) ...
The Force Unleashed II (maybe wait t'ill next year when it's cheaper) ...
Black Ops (i'm a fan of Treyarch ... enough said) ...
Quantum Theory (if that's the closest PS3 owners can have of Gears of War , so be it) ...
Brotherhood (better have no glitches with trophies anymore !) ...
The Clone Wars (it's Lego man , bow down to it) ...
Homefront (this game was announced for years lol) ...
The Last Guardian (it's bound to have some easy trophies) ...
Postal III (wait for next year when it's cheaper) ...
Primal Carnage (human versus dinosaurs , why not) ...
Splatterhouse (when it's cheaper) ...
Aragorn's Quest (best game ever , instant buy) ...

That's a lot of games.
I'd rather spend that money on something more social like coke.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 15:23
Dudes , it's a watchlist , means that these games have grabbed some of mah attention , i won't buy them all though , but it's nice to keep a few games in reservation , in case the world goes kaput next year , i can go to the store and pick up these games and go back home and play ...
I'll be the last man on earth anywya , good thing i don't like playing Online ...

Besides i didn't list them all , for example i didn't put Tomb Raider on that list , fight the urge people ! ...

Brackstone17
22nd Jul 2010, 15:26
I am disappointed by your inclusion of The Force Unleashed 2. Sorely disappointed.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 15:27
You're not disappointed by Lego Clone Wars ? ...

Brackstone17
22nd Jul 2010, 15:29
You're not disappointed by Lego Clone Wars ? ...
Well at least with that there is the Lego part to somewhat make up for the Clone Wars part and the fact that it's an obvious cash grab.