PDA

View Full Version : Problems Getting Into Floor Grates

lqran5
17th Jul 2010, 09:22
I was playing the Invisible Predator Challenge , 1 of the objective was to get into the floor grate and takedown the henchman but I couldn't get into it even though I've already deactivated the shortcut key to open MSN Plus! , I wish someone could help me with this problem , please!:mad2:

gregee123
17th Jul 2010, 09:26
I was playing the Invisible Predator Challenge , 1 of the objective was to get into the floor grate and takedown the henchman but I couldn't get into it even though I've already deactivated the shortcut key to open MSN Plus! , I wish someone could help me with this problem , please!:mad2:
Does the prompt to press ctrl+space even appear on the screen ? and if so what happens when you press it.

lqran5
17th Jul 2010, 10:51
Does the prompt to press ctrl+space even appear on the screen ? and if so what happens when you press it.
Yes, the prompt to press ctrl+space do appears , and i press Lctrl + spacebar but it doesn't works , any how u could help me?

gregee123
17th Jul 2010, 12:00
Try moving a little. Try opening a grate on a different predator map (there are grates in every predator challenge). If crouching and running works then it's NOT a keyboard problem.

lqran5
17th Jul 2010, 15:48
Nope , it didn't works , I tried on the extreme 1 too , but it's the same results over and over again , but I can open the floor grates sometimes wether by LUCK or what in the story mode

Marcus
19th Jul 2010, 09:20
Try using Caps-Lock to toggle crouch on and off, so that you don't have to hold Ctrl and space at the same time. If that works, try assigning crouch to a different key.

(Not necessarily as a solution - crouch belongs on Ctrl! But just to try to narrow down what the problem is)

lqran5
19th Jul 2010, 11:08
Hey, I've changed the crouch key intro Lshift , and it works, thanks man! :)

gregee123
19th Jul 2010, 11:16
Hey, I've changed the crouch key intro Lshift , and it works, thanks man! :)
Bad idea. Now you may have problems with throw and combat takedown. Unless you're going to change your key settings back and forth between combat and predator challenges.

lqran5
19th Jul 2010, 14:01
Bad idea. Now you may have problems with throw and combat takedown. Unless you're going to change your key settings back and forth between combat and predator challenges.
Then what should i do? Change to another button?

gregee123
19th Jul 2010, 15:07
Well, keys for throw and combat takedown a defined separately so they should still work but your bats may crouch before doing a throw so yes consider another key.

rocker128
27th Jul 2010, 14:20
I had this problem too, but then I realise that the key-combi for opening floor crates is exactly my keyboard shortcut for toggling my system language input. Meaning when I press the 2 keys together the instruction changes from 'English' (the language that has to be in place in order to play) to some else (that ain't inputs readable by the game).

I went to change my toggle language input keys to some else and everything works. You might wanna have a look at that