View Full Version : Cyberpunk RPG/FPS

pringlepower
17th Jul 2010, 05:35
No, not DXHR.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/16/source-powered-cyberpunk-eye-trailer/

With multiple approaches to problem-solving even

Pinky_Powers
17th Jul 2010, 07:30
It's got a lot of work before I become genuinely interested. For instance, a living world of non-hostile NPCs that you can interact with. That's what I demand from my RPGs.

Also, the design aesthetic is very weak.

But they are at least headed in a hopeful direction. :thumb:

I shall wait and see if this weird thing comes together in time.

Irate_Iguana
17th Jul 2010, 11:13
Loads of classes, but a shedload of work to do as well. Taking a look at the Puppet Master bit and there is a hell of a lot of menu work involved before something gets done. That is not brilliant design. Animations and art need to be upgraded. That text after every attack is pretty lame. Definitely a work in progress.

Blade_hunter
17th Jul 2010, 11:20
I showed EYE a while ago but this is a work in progress, this is an indie game.

atLaNt1s
19th Jul 2010, 23:27
Tyroll corporation? Really? What a plagio

hem dazon 90
20th Jul 2010, 00:10
why do so many idiots insist on adding magic to science fiction ?

Dead-Eye
20th Jul 2010, 04:33
why do so many idiots insist on adding magic to science fiction ?

Because throws monkeys in System Shock 2 are fricken creepy.

Tverdyj
20th Jul 2010, 04:49
pshaw, that was psionic powers, not magic!

also, this looks like a better attempt at Shadowrun. and it's using a mouse, so it must be for PC. that makes me interested.

did anyone else notive the general black and gold colour theme?

maddermadcat
20th Jul 2010, 05:44
I noticed a lot of grey and brown. Woo.

hem dazon 90
20th Jul 2010, 07:26
the only time fantasy and science fiction ever worked well together was in dune

Oakatsura-Metametheus
20th Jul 2010, 07:44
FPS / FPS with upgradable weapons, systems, infrastructure, dynamics and probably a pristine visual appearance, whats not to like about a FPS / RPG? I mean your given the decision to become who you want without the nessisary need for classes, or races, your given a task and you complete it around varients that you want, and not what is dyanmically scripted into the system, with more choices then a scripted system that lets you choose between A, B, C? with the occassional D. I can imagine Deus Ex HR is probably gonna make games like Mass Effect 2, Borderlands, and Alpha Protocol go into the Hall of Shame as far as cross-dynamic decision making.

Besides gosh darn it, its a Futuristic Shooter, with a following storyline from the original Deus Ex's in some way that is oblvious to us at the moment, and that will either make or break the series. Personally the suspense to know more is killing me.

This is probably gonna be one of my top 5 to Buy list for the next generation of games coming out, with Red Faction: Armageddon coming up 2nd on the list, Fallout New Vegas as three, Homefront as four, and Dust 514 coming in at number 5.

6 - 7 are Diablo 3 & Gothic 4 take a guess what order they fall into cause I dont really know anymore =)

pringlepower
20th Jul 2010, 08:06
the only time fantasy and science fiction ever worked well together was in dune

Not the war of stars?

And eventually Dune got a bit nuts with ships that could nullify prescience.

hem dazon 90
20th Jul 2010, 08:24
Not the war of stars?

And eventually Dune got a bit nuts with ships that could nullify prescience.

Woops forgot about that

so yeah dune and star wars thats about it

maddermadcat
20th Jul 2010, 09:29
Star Wars never seemed like fantasy to me. More like science fiction that doesn't quite explain its science. :P

Irate_Iguana
20th Jul 2010, 09:40
Star Wars never seemed like fantasy to me. More like science fiction that doesn't quite explain its science. :P

The Force is straight up fantasy. It magically works on everything (organics, droids and inanimate matter), can predict the future and even bring people back from the dead as ghosts.

maddermadcat
20th Jul 2010, 10:30
yeah but, dude

midichlorians

K^2
20th Jul 2010, 10:39
Worst phlebotinum ever.

luminar
20th Jul 2010, 17:48
I am very excited to see more of this game! It looks like a combo of deus ex V:TM and Killzone or something. In short epic!

Ok After reading a healthy amount on their site if they can deliver on what their describing and do justice to their inspirations (which are very diverse and mostly awsome!) This could very well be the next deus ex!

However it doesnt say anything about platform that I've found. I hope its not a pc only release.

Human
20th Jul 2010, 19:36
Is it just me, or does this game look like a Crysis mod?

Probably just me...

Corpus
20th Jul 2010, 20:36

Probably just me...

Looks like a Half-Life 2 mod, because it is a Half-Life 2 mod.

What makes it like Crysis? Super human powers in a fps?

luminar
20th Jul 2010, 22:58

Probably just me...

Yeah it's based on the source engine from valve.

Argent
21st Jul 2010, 03:07
Shadowrun is an amazing world and an awesome concept. Theres nothing wrong with blending sci-fi cyberpunk with magic like Shadowrun did. A Shadowrun MMO will be the one game I'll want until the day I die...

Roger Mexico
21st Jul 2010, 03:23
Tyroll corporation? Really? What a plagio

No, not DXHR.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/16/source-powered-cyberpunk-eye-trailer/

With multiple approaches to problem-solving even

AND, "The Assassin's Dogma" too.

Looks like an average-quality fan mod to me.

luminar
21st Jul 2010, 03:25
AND, "The Assassin's Dogma" too.

Looks like an average-quality fan mod to me.

You should read the literature they got on their site. If they can pull that off it sounds great!

Tverdyj
22nd Jul 2010, 03:16
agreed. but i'd want some nice single-player games for that too. something like "the Witcher", but set in a Shadowrun setting would be epic.

Argent
22nd Jul 2010, 04:14
agreed. but i'd want some nice single-player games for that too. something like "the Witcher", but set in a Shadowrun setting would be epic.

yes

singularity
22nd Jul 2010, 09:59
Loads of classes, but a shedload of work to do as well. Taking a look at the Puppet Master bit and there is a hell of a lot of menu work involved before something gets done. That is not brilliant design. Animations and art need to be upgraded. That text after every attack is pretty lame. Definitely a work in progress.

First thing I noticed as well. Talk about overly complex and taking you out of the gameplay. If this project comes to fruition with it's current system of heavy menu reliance intact, it better have one hell of a tutorial, or half the classes will never get played, due to an intimidating and seriously crazy menu system.

Art design doesn't look like anything special, personally. Combat looks good, but the text telegraphing your actions is a little annoying (and circa 1995).
Looks to me like some ambitious modders who played a little too much D&D, saw Blade Runner one rainy day and decided to make their next Source mod something with a cyberpunk flair and enough menus to keep a high school computer geek from ever seeing the sun.

Looks promising... but not something I'll be keeping a close eye on until much later.

pringlepower
22nd Jul 2010, 21:05
First thing I noticed as well. Talk about overly complex and taking you out of the gameplay. If this project comes to fruition with it's current system of heavy menu reliance intact, it better have one hell of a tutorial, or half the classes will never get played, due to an intimidating and seriously crazy menu system.

Art design doesn't look like anything special, personally. Combat looks good, but the text telegraphing your actions is a little annoying (and circa 1995).
Looks to me like some ambitious modders who played a little too much D&D, saw Blade Runner one rainy day and decided to make their next Source mod something with a cyberpunk flair and enough menus to keep a high school computer geek from ever seeing the sun.

Looks promising... but not something I'll be keeping a close eye on until much later.

Well it's got stats like dodge and critical hits. How else do you experess that in a shooter?

Blade_hunter
23rd Jul 2010, 00:02
The shooting is made with a luck factor and each time the good or bad luck strikes the game tell us, it tells also if our skills saved us against hits and critical hits as well second what I sew in some screens.
At least they revised their HUD now it looks better than in the previous builds