PDA

View Full Version : Games for Windows Live?

DeusWhatever
16th Jul 2010, 18:55
Since there is already a thread about achievements, i honestly think Achievements are kind of childish and its kind of sad that people tend to push their egos with it still i dont care.

But there is one thing i care about i will never install this GFWL on my computer, and normally achievements on the PC tend to use GFWL, so is there any info about GFWL?

K^2
16th Jul 2010, 19:37
Achievements can run through Steam, too, which would be preferable, IMO.

DeusWhatever
16th Jul 2010, 19:41
But sadly even steam doesnt exclude GFWL. It would be nice to have some info on GFWL since it really is a dealbreaker for me.

Dead-Eye
16th Jul 2010, 20:41
GFWL is all the proof we need that windows is the most evil corporation in the world.

K^2
16th Jul 2010, 21:02
But sadly even steam doesnt exclude GFWL. It would be nice to have some info on GFWL since it really is a dealbreaker for me.
No, unfortunately, they are not mutually exclusive. I purchased GTA IV on Steam. Biggest game-purchasing mistake ever.

But I really hope that if it's one or the other for Achievements, EM does the right thing. And even better if they make it all completely optional.

Kodaemon
16th Jul 2010, 22:53
As a singleplayer person with a slow internet conection, I say give me GFWL over Steam any day. Sometimes I forget it's even there, while Steam just seems to do everything to spite me.

pringlepower
16th Jul 2010, 23:34
There's plenty of games that have achievements but don't need internet, e.g., all the Bioware games.

Other than GTA IV, I don't know any game that absolutely requires GFWL. Even Halo 2 could be played offline.