PDA

View Full Version : As per usual

xfxcrcm
15th Jul 2010, 20:20
Other boards are more amongst Deus Ex: Human Revolutions developers than this one. Something Awful Forums poster Baroque, who works on the game as a level designer, popped by the Human Revolution thread there in order to reassure posters that a mention of 'epic' boss battles in the Steam features list was just marketing hyperbole.

On the other hand, you had to make a special thread in which you're on your best behaviour to try and get their attention and you still have no posts.

How 'bout that?

WildcatPhoenix
15th Jul 2010, 20:25
Obvious troll is obvious. :hmm:

xfxcrcm
15th Jul 2010, 20:31
I'm not making any bones about the fact I'm bringing it up in a hostile way, but it's true.

The developers do share, reassure, whatever, just not on here. And even when you people get all embarassingly needy and post a big thread where you promise not to be mean, they give no **** about you.

WildcatPhoenix
15th Jul 2010, 20:33
they give no **** about you.

Well, that pretty much sums up our opinion of you. Take your >10 previous posts and go elsewhere. :mad:

Irate_Iguana
15th Jul 2010, 20:45
Other boards are more amongst Deus Ex: Human Revolutions developers than this one. Something Awful Forums poster Baroque, who works on the game as a level designer, popped by the Human Revolution thread there in order to reassure posters that a mention of 'epic' boss battles in the Steam features list was just marketing hyperbole.

On the other hand, you had to make a special thread in which you're on your best behaviour to try and get their attention and you still have no posts.

How 'bout that?

Fantastic. How about you leave and go troll over there.

xfxcrcm
15th Jul 2010, 20:46
Well, that pretty much sums up our opinion of you. Take your >10 previous posts and go elsewhere. :mad:

I'll post where I want to post.

Why not drop ten bucks and post on a forum the developers actually read instead of joining in a circle jerk that serves no purpose other than convincing each other that medkit spamming is a good game mechanic?

WildcatPhoenix
15th Jul 2010, 20:50
My mother taught me three things when I was a child:

1. Look both ways when you cross the road.
2. Never take candy from strangers.
3. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

PenguinsFriend
15th Jul 2010, 20:52

Why not drop ten bucks and post on a forum the developers actually read instead of joining in a circle jerk that serves no purpose other than convincing each other that medkit spamming is a good game mechanic?

I like you... will you please be my friend? No one else likes me...

xfxcrcm
15th Jul 2010, 20:53
Fantastic. How about you leave and go troll over there.

Why would I troll over there? it's a good board where developers from Bioware, Obsidian, Eidos Montreal, Epic and Telltale drop by threads about their company's games to shoot the ****, clarify mistakes in previews, etc, etc.

This on the other hand is an awful board full of stuck up children who feel entitled to the time and energy of hardworking game developers even though all they do is **** on any attempt to make a hopelessly outmoded franchise that was memorable more for reactivity and multi-path level design than actual mechanics into the twenty-first century. So it's much more fun to troll.

Irate_Iguana
15th Jul 2010, 20:55
Your other troll account, xcrcmiced, was much funnier. You should resurrect him.

PenguinsFriend
15th Jul 2010, 20:56
Why would I troll over there? it's a good board where developers from Bioware, Obsidian, Eidos Montreal, Epic and Telltale drop by threads about their company's games to shoot the ****, clarify mistakes in previews, etc, etc.

This on the other hand is an awful board full of stuck up children who feel entitled to the time and energy of hardworking game developers even though all they do is **** on any attempt to make a hopelessly outmoded franchise that was memorable more for reactivity and multi-path level design than actual mechanics into the twenty-first century. So it's much more fun to troll.

Don't you want to be my friend? I'd like to be friends... ^_^

Angel-A
15th Jul 2010, 20:58
Wait, the devs care more about 4chan's counterpart than they do their own official forums?

No, no this doesn't add up at all! MY MIND REJECTS IT GRAAAAH

xfxcrcm
15th Jul 2010, 21:01
Wait, the devs care more about 4chan's counterpart than they do their own official forums?

No, no this doesn't add up at all!

You can go over there and check yourself, or ask Tecman. While he's only posted a dozen times or so, Baroque has always been pretty forthcoming when it comes to correcting previews and he's always made it clear when he can't address something because of press policy.

Irate_Iguana
15th Jul 2010, 21:04

Duh. According to the goon we don't suck enough dev ****.

Romeo
15th Jul 2010, 21:08

Nah - you wont. Oh yeah, that reminds me...

LOCKDOWN.