PDA

View Full Version : A Luddites view

Windmill
15th Jul 2010, 17:56
Having played all the early releases of TR (PC) and been totally satisfied with the gameplay I became very disappointed with the camera controls of the later versions. So much so that I gave up playing as it was so frustrating.

In the eary versions one could view third person or look over the shoulder and zoom in and out, all of which gave a sense of actually 'being there'. Then we were presented with the 'new' camera controls and I won't go into them too deeply other than to say that views became erratic when Lara was spun around and one lost directional control. Complete mayhem!

To add insult to injury we are now presented with The Guardian of Light which is almost a Platform game where characters can only be viewed from a Camera crane some 200 feet above the ground and these characters resemble a group of spiders as they scuttle across the screen.

I realise that many others will accept this and enjoy playing the new game but I cannot understand why the developers have moved away from the original camera controls which added so much realism.

Keir
15th Jul 2010, 19:02
I realise that many others will accept this and enjoy playing the new game but I cannot understand why the developers have moved away from the original camera controls which added so much realism.

Hello from Eidos and Crystal Dynamics :wave:

Sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed the camera in the more recent TR's. It's feedback which we have listened too.

With regard to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Crystal are working on two projects right now. LCGoL isn't the next Tomb Raider at all. We had a chance to do something new and different while taking time on the pillar release. LCGoL is meant to be something new for the fans, but it's not meant to be the next TR, it's totally different.

I've showed the game to lots of people (at the big computer game show E3 for instance) and when they get their hands on LCGoL they have real fun. I understand if it's not for you, but you should give it a go when we release a demo :)

As it's a digital download it'll only available for download and it'll cost around $10/£15.

I hope that helps.

Windmill
15th Jul 2010, 19:19
Keir. Many thanks for your quick response and interesting information which I take onboard. As an avid TR fan may I take this opportunity to make an appeal that the next TR release contains a more realistic camera control?

Best wishes

Windmill

Keir
15th Jul 2010, 19:24
Keir. Many thanks for your quick response and interesting information which I take onboard. As an avid TR fan may I take this opportunity to make an appeal that the next TR release contains a more realistic camera control?

Best wishes

Windmill

At your service!

We're not talking about *cough* the other game right now. But consider your request noted :thumbsup: